Traveller Character Creation Part 2

Who's up for another rousing round of Mongoose Traveller Character Generation?
Roll a d2 for gender. 1 is male, 2 is female.

I'm bored, let's do this

Here we go, for real this time

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Try #2, "I don't know how to roll" edition

Alright, another man. Now, roll 2d6 six times in order for STR, DEX, END, INT, EDU, and SOC.

Rolled 3, 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4, 3, 1 = 41 (12d6)

Rolling for stronk

Alright. You can pick 4 skills from the following list:
Admin, Animals, Art, Athletics, Carouse, Drive, Electronics, Flyer, Language, Mechanic, Medic, Profession, Science, Seafarer, Streetwise, Survival, Vacc Suit
First 4 posters pick.

Mechanic

Electronics

Drive

Seafarer

Alright. Now, let's give this character a name.

Eszeph Ryan

I don't know I'm really bad with names.

Richard Nixon

Eszeph Ryan it is. Now, does Eszeph take any pre-career education?

Not really familiar with the system, so what is the benefit for doing this?

Moar skills, but it takes up 4 years of your life.

Eszeph Ryan is a boring fucker. Pre-career education all the way.

Let's go to school then

Alright. University or a Military Academy?

Rolled 1 (1d2)

1) University
2) Military Academy

Alright, University it is. Roll 2d6 and add Eszeph Ryan's EDU mod (+1)

Rolled 3, 6 + 1 = 10 (2d6 + 1)

Alright, Eszeph manages to get accepted into Clarke University, one of the most prestigious in the sector. Take 1 skill from the following list as your major, and 1 as your minor.

Admin, Advocate, Animals, Art, Astrogation, Electronics, Engineer, Language, Medic, Navigation, Profession, Science.

Advocate as major, language as minor.

We shall become SPACE LAWYER, THE MOST BORING MAN IN SPACE.

Major in Engineer and Minor in Electronics? Based off our skill background?

Also OP, there doesn't seem to be a ton of people. Might want to hold off a bit.

I guess you could say you're... star bores?
Roll 2d6 for Events.

Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d6)

Have to drop out for about an hour, keep the thread alive

Bump

I have MongTrav 2e, anyone object to me taking over till OP returns?

Sure. Is it 2e?

Okay here's where we stand at the minute

Eszeph Ryan

STR:6, DEX:8, END:7, INT: 6, EDU: 10, SOC: 4

Skills: Mechanic 0, Electronics 0, Drive 0, Seafarer 0, Advocate 1, Language 0

Aye, I assume so. Pre-career education is core in 2e, plus Denglebert was rolled up in 2e

Did you do the Events roll?

Huh, same event as Denglebert.

Richard Heinlein, a celebrated defence lawyer and lecturer has dismissed the conclusions drawn in Ezseph's dissertation. Roll Advocate or Language to prove him wrong

Fuck you, Heinlein.

Back, but I'll watch the show for a little.
dis gon be gud

Rolled 5, 3 + 1 = 9 (2d6 + 1)

I'm assuming a 0 stat mod. That's probably wrong, so change the result with that in mind.

Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d6)

Is this INT or EDU?
are Denglebert and Eszeph gonna team up?

Feel free to take over whenever

Aye, I'm 90% certain you only use either the stat or the skill in chargen, never stat+skill

Anyway, it takes quite bit of badgering his other professors, but Eszeph's conclusions regarding Interstellar Law are finally examined more thoroughly and they become the new standard, overturning much of Heinlein's work.
+1 to Advocate and gain Heinlein as a rival

Now, roll INT to graduate

I forgot to add the +1 EDU from getting into Uni too, but that hasn't changed anything

I hope so

Rolled 5, 2 + 1 = 8 (2d6 + 1)

Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

Take that Heinlein.

It's plus one of the skills you learned during Uni, normally your major because it's +1.
So in this case it's advocate

Eszeph slacks off a bit after his resounding success disproving Heinlein... but some bad results in his last year's midterm gives him enough of a kick to scrape through finals and graduate, though barely.

This gives us +2 EDU, +1 to our major and minor skills and gives us +1 to qualify for the following careers:
Agent, Army, Citizen (corporate), Entertainer
(journalist), Marines, Navy, Scholar, Scouts.

Careers list and recap inbound

I know by RAW advocate should be 2, but seeing as that nullifies the event we got I'm gonna ignore it and say it's 3

I think I'll take over from here. Thanks, helpful user.

Okay here's where we stand:

Eszeph Ryan

STR:6, DEX:8, END:7, INT: 6, EDU: 13, SOC: 4

Skills: Mechanic 0, Electronics 0, Drive 0, Seafarer 0, Advocate 3, Language 1

Terms: University, 1 Term, Graduated

Ezseph's stat modifers are all 0, bar EDU which is +2, and SOC which is -1

So, with that in mind, what career shall he start?

No prob, bob

Rolled 3, 4 + 1 = 8 (2d6 + 1)

We're in the marines now, son. Military life worked out last time, so hopefully it doesn't this time.

Specifically, Support.

Okay, basically do what friendanon said.

Maybe we can not take the exact same career path as Denglebert?

Rolled 5, 6 + 3 = 14 (2d6 + 3)

Fine.

MOST BORING MAN IN SPACE, ESZEPH RYAN is joining Citizen workforce, under a corporation. Preferably a really bland one.

Rerollan so that randomness is preserved.

Aye, as much as a Marine Lawyer would be fun, it is a bit close to old Jonesy

Maybe Broker? His low SOC wouldn't do him good in the corps, and someone who knows how to seal a deal is always welcome on a Free Trader. Especially if they know how to skirt the law while doing it

Sounds good. Roll INT for qualification.

Here's goes nothing

Well, that certainly was nothing.

Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

Here goes slightly less than nothing

I laughed more than I should have.

It's not exactly the most spectacular of job applications, but it does the trick, and Ezseph lands a job working as a broker on (insert name of spaceport or planet here.)
Choose the name of the planet, and make an EDU roll.

Rolled 4, 4 + 2 = 10 (2d6 + 2)

Random generator says check those
>trypso

Rolled 1, 5 + 2 = 8 (2d6 + 2)

How about LC-123? As boring as possible
Also, when I was running I forgot to ask which language he minored in?

You manage to survive your first term working as a broker on Trypso. Roll 2d6 for events.
Pick one.

Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d6)

I vote Cornish
Or Irish, if you want to be more conventional

While working at Trypso Station, you end up picking up a bit of knowledge regarding ships and spacers. Pick from Profession, Electronics, Engineer, Animals, or Science to gain at level 1.
Also, most human language has merged into Base for ease of communication, so taking Cornish probably isn't going to be much help.

Let's speak Irish-Alien then. And take Engineer 1.

>implying the Irish aren't aliens

I guess you're majoring in a dead language then.
Roll INT for advancement.

Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

That is not dead which can eternal be yelled drunkenly into the darkness.

>street signs
Why has it been so long since I've seen this captcha?

If we're taking some of the Denglebert writefaggotry in the last thread as canon, Jones was active in the 2350's, meaning its not OTU.
Who's to say some Cornish revivalist don't have a space hab somewhere?
In any case, Irish is more relateable

Alright, will Eszeph remain on Trypso Station, or will he choose a different career next turn?

Do we not need to roll skills?

And aye, I vote he stays for another term

You don't roll skills first term, you gain everything on the Service skills table at level 0.
Roll EDU for survival.

Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

Someone points a gun at Eszeph during a particularly bad trade deal, but with some skilled negotiation, he manages to calm the situation before it escalates any further. Choose Service Skills, Personal Development, or Broker.

Broker. Got to fit in those sexy sexy trade deals to pad out the lawyering gig.

Alrighty. Roll a d6 to determine the skill Eszeph picks up this term.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Eszeph gains Admin at 1. Roll 2d6 for events.

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

Something life-defining happens to Eszeph. Roll 2d6 to determine what it is.

Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

Hot alien chick, hot alien chick, hot alien chick...

You are betrayed by your hot xeno coworker. Who was she, and why did she betray you?

Can someone write down all these rules so I can play this later? I'm on my phone

What do you mean?

Nevermind, I didn't realise this was an actual game, thought it was a /quest/ improvised thing. Looks fun though

>You are betrayed by your hot xeno coworker

Fucking Gazorl, always flashing you bits of tentacle. I bet she only did that to distract me while she hid files inside her proboscis. It's the only way that fucker Heinlein could've known about the Clarke case.

How did Gazorl betray you, and why?

Gazorl secreted sensitive documents to a rival firm because she was promised a substantial reward for some good old fashioned corporate espionage. She also engaged in an affair with Eszeph as an insurance policy, buying his silence with blackmail since she was acting as an attorney on the case she stole. The revelation would get the case dismissed due to conflict of interest if Eszeph talked. Heinlein got everything.

Eszeph loses one of the biggest cases of his career and his reputation will never recover.

Alright, roll INT for advancement.

Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d6)

Despite everything that's happened, Eszeph still manages to make it to the next phase of his career. But does he stay, or leave the job alltogether?

Do we have a list of skills for Eszeph at this point?

What do his trading skills look like? I recall certain skills add substantial value to trading rolls. Eszeph could make a killing on trade.

Admin 1
Mechanic 0
Electronics 0
Drive 0
Seafarer 0
Advocate 1
Language 0 (Irish)
Vacc Suit 0
Broker 0
Steward 0
Persuade 0
I'm confused, was the case Gazorl sold the same one that Eszeph used against Heinlein?

Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d6)

I don't know, I just typed up some garbage. It would make more sense if Gazorl was hired to steal a case that would have made Heinlein look bad and threatened with a frame job.

We should probably stay in our career. Rolling for whatever's next.

Alright. You manage to survive this Merchant term. Pick Personal Development, Service Skills, or Broker.

Maybe Eszeph was in a relationship with Gazorl, but when he caught her selling files to a separate firm, she threatened to reveal some semi-legal thing Eszeph had done in the past. Maybe bribing someone to take a more favorable look at Eszeph's conclusion regarding Interstellar Law?

Sure, why not?
Service Skills

Alright, roll a d6.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

You gain Steward at 1.
Roll 2d6 for events.