Age of Sigmar General AOS

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6 (embed)

Someone didn't make a thread subject edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-ogors-en.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=TrAQO_eirQo
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CANNONS CAN'T MELT STEEL BLOODSECRATORS 2+ SAVE GET FUCKED

>Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.

tfw kat and all piracy sites are dying quicker than we ever thought possible

9th August 2016

Order still stomping.

Look at the key words numb nuts

how do you play vs 30 handgunners? only 300 points

Beastclaw Raiders tome been shared yet in ePub?

stegadon with the spewer weapon

don't play against an autist

Since Khorne and Nurgle are the only Chaos gods now and Tzeentch is all but forgotten about and Slaanesh is squatted.

Should I just give up at this point waiting on a Tzeentch force like Khorne currently has? Even Nurgle the 2nd favourite has half the units and apparently Khorne is getting even fucking more!?

I'm so exasperated with endless red armoured, blood soaked, skull warblers.

I don't feel like buying 10 boxes of the Silver tower , should I just move onto my next choice of army? Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Or is it all but over for Tzeentch these days?

It seems counter productive but massed small arms are the most direct counter.

The most practical is charging multiple units at them as they can only target one unit on their stand and fire ability

ebay the silver tower models

need some help

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-ogors-en.pdf

when looking at the banner options its stated vaguely, but do i need to chose between al 3 options or do i get all 3 options ?

>this bad reading comprehension

A banner bearer must have either a Beast Skull or a Tribal Banner.

A Tribal Banner may be equipped with a Lookout Grot..

Seriously. Read the blurb about icon bearers.

I'm kind of getting into Warhammer Fantasy. I've been more into the 40k before. My question is simple: is Age of Sigmar bad as they say?

>just realized the free guild general can use his buff on peasant archers

>take 30 them + a paladin
>120 3+ 3+ no rend rerolling 1's to wound
>do 26.66 unsaved wounds against 4+
>once per game, delete one stonehorn

Tell us about the characters you've made in your narrative forging good times?

Age of Sigmar is better than 40k in terms of balance and model viability.

Nah it's k

stonehorn has 3+ base though

I didn't read past your first sentence. Slaanesh is not squatted. It's acknowledged in the fluff that her followers are searching for her, and can still feel her presence, albeit a faint one.

And tzeentch is definitely not abandoned. What hell do you think the gaunt summoner or the silver tower game is all about?

Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar are different games.
Like 40k and Rogue Trader.

>models in this unit may be icon bearers

thats multiple

also doesnt really say if i can use a lookout gnoblar on a beast skull or not

KHORNE, STORMCAST, KHORNE, STORMCAST KHORNE KHORNE

I feel your pain, user.

I'm a Nurglefag and unless I want to use generic Chaos Warriors, my options are Blightkings and more Blightkings. Not that I'm complaining, the models and their rules are great.

I wish all of Chaos got the preferential treatment skull-fucking Khornefags get.

But that's neither here nor there. There are rumors that Tzeentch will get his in due time. I'd say stick with your favorite, my friend. Get the Silver Tower Tzeentch stuff from ebay. Try Hoard O' Bits or Blackdagger Games, my favorite bits shop.

Convert generic stuff to be more Tzeentch-y in the time being. Finally GW isn't brutally punishing themed armies, so the timing couldn't be better.

If the Changer of Ways is your favorite, any other army won't satisfy the itch. Trust me.

Only the lord does, everyone else is 4+

So how is Aos faring compared to Fantasy, is it acutally making a profit?.

>also doesnt really say if i can use a lookout gnoblar on a beast skull or not
YES IT FUCKING DOES YOU FUCKING RETARD

please, PLEASE go play any other game, something like candyland seems perfect for you

according to the financial support it's making more money than fantasy has for many many years

why do you have 120 shots ?

So, what abilities could he have? Any guesses?

well we know he can't support a family

it says tribal banners can get a lookout gnoblar specifically

so i would say great beast skulls cannot.

congratulations, you pass grade 4 reading comprehension

Once per game peasant bowman can quadruple their shots if there are 20 or more in the unit (triple otherwise)

Should probably drybrush these for speed but having fun layering them. Struggling with placing the second wood highlight though

Reminder that Arkhan the Black will never betray you. Reminder to protect Arkhan the black.

>work harder to produce an effect that looks worse than drybrushing

>peasant bowman

is it just me or should leadbelchers have standard d6 attacks and more if the ystand still? how the fuck are they gonna compete with d3 shooting attacks when you have all these cheap as fuck handgunner and archer units.

youtube.com/watch?v=TrAQO_eirQo

New Miniwargaming battle report

>blind as fuck

>Ogors need a buff

>posting the pewdiepie of wargaming

why, they just scream and their banter is "nuh I dunt need to roll these dice haha"

They've started covering AoS now?

neat

Sigmar is Nagash.

>Miniwargaming

These the mormons that talk about their religion during games?

What Ogors need are boxes in multiples of 3.

>Tzeentch is all but forgotten

>Gaunt Summoners
>Silver Tower
>Heavy hinting in latest book

Didn't Allgates also said that after Khorne and Nurgle were defeated now is the time of Tzeentch?

when a units gets plus 1 attack and they have a shooting ability

do they get +1 attack on both range and cc ?

Given he's on a quest I reckon he'll have an objective of some kind, at the start of the game picking an enemy unit he has to slay or a piece of terrain he has to reach, or something. Then some sort of buffs while he's near/fighting his objective.

Depends on the buff, generally they specify what phase it occurs. A buff in the combat phase would not effect their shooting amount.

>2nd book is literally about sigmarines fighting an entire tzeentch army

Depends on the wording of the ability that gave them the extra attack, there's a lot of those out there so it depends. What were you thinking of.

>would not effect their shooting amount.
*affect

A buff in the combat phase would not affect their shooting amount.

U mad bro?

I like to drybrush them, then use that as a reference to know what bits I need to layer over, and what bits I can leave alone.
It makes it easier to pick out the most raised areas, and it sort of helps make the transition from the darker colour to the brighter colour look a bit neater as well.

Picture posted last thread, but here are a couple of mine.

Tzeentch is Sigmar.

gnoblars

doesnt specify anywhere.

best option for chaos fags would be that the standard chaos dudes came with options for all 4 gods and their standard undivided look
but that would probably be expensive

D20 vs thaco

They've never discussed it during games. The subject was brought up a few times in q&a videos based on submitted questions. And the guys who play the aos battreps aren't the Mormons. Those guys run the business and don't do as many battle report videos the others.

Looking at the wording, I'd say they do indeed get extra attacks at range as well as in CC when you've got lots of them.

So mortal instead of stormcast?

i guess it also makes sense fluffwise.

They could always sell upgrade packs, like God icons on shields, etc

>want Lietpold the Swag
>initially reluctant, 29 pounds for one character model
>remember how much I paid for a lord celestant
>remember how much I paid for a Castellant
>remember how much I paid for a star drake
>look at how much a general on horse costs these days

>sole reluctance now is having to wait a month because forgeworld

Also is the carmine dragon worth it? How big is it in comparison to a star drake?

taller but that's because of the pose , i'dd say it's about the same size

was about to say lietpold is still way more expensive and you get a guy on foot with the plastic kit but then i remembered the pound lost quite a bit of value
kinda makes me wanna buy the empire and dwarf command sets now
don't get why there's a slayer and a flaggelant in there though , at least the slayer i can use

Yeah $37 for the best looking free guild general ain't bad, although the Empire command set comes with a commander and a standard bearer. The flagellant I have no idea, maybe a warrior priest.

They never get the rules correct lol

No one knows cause fat guy stopped converting epubs to pdfs

The fact that they upped the great horned rat to a chaos god is really interesting,

Aos seem less rigid in it's setting then 40k already.

I guess that's what happens when your world isn't timelocked .

Looking at this I might colour the base rim the same colour as my leaf tabard (caliban green). Looking to contrast the dark mud look I'm getting on top of the bases, and with yours looking similar in shade it seems to mesh well

What's stopping you from running Chaos Warriors with Mark of Nurgle... they'd have both the Mortal and Nurgle Keywords...

he loses blightkings being battleline

they're battleline if you have mortal nurgle allegiance.

They'd both be mortal, and nurgle... and beyond that also battleline... I fail to see the issue

I'm no Skaven fan, but I am excited to see how they handle the other clans
So far we've only seen a focus on Pestilens and how they're looking for the Great Plagues so that the Great Horned Rat-senpai would favour them
I imagine the other clans will go in the same direction with their own little flair

They look great user.

Completely unrelated, i ordered from element games lately and its really bothering me how long its taking to get acouple of paints. Their website is total arse about elbow when it comes to orders you've placed. Their holding back my entire order because the 2 paint brushes i ordered are not in stock (it said they were when i did but nm). It doesn't let you cancel any items nor add to your order even though its just sitting in a "holding pattern" doing fuck all. I know you get what you pay for but ... fuck its been 8 days allready.

Why isn't everyone doing "snake" or "daisychain" formations with all their units attached to heroes/wizards/buffers as far from the opponent as possible?

After awhile, I will expect the games to start looking very strange.

because if you take casualties you don't want to break up coherency so you have to take losses from the front of your blob, aka the guys who could pile in and attack, aka your actual dps

so i can use all ogre kingdom special character models and keep my gut buster allegiance ?

The base is actually a slightly different colour (Rinox Hide, where as the bark on the Dryads "skirt" is Dryad Bark). I am not sure how a green base would look. As long as the base material stands out on top, then it should be good.

Yup. Not sure why you'd want to though since the named characters are pretty awful.

Because you are fucking up your actual amount of attacks.

That and most buffs tend to be pretty long ranged anyway.

Can't tell if serious or if this is just Veeky Forums
But no.
Gutbusters allegiance (i assume youre wanting to keep for leadbelchers) is based on the Gutbusters Keyword. (as are all allegiances keyword based)

If you read Putrid Blightkings under the Nugle Rotbringers subsection it says they are battline if army has Nurgle Mortal Allegiance.

If this is unclear lemme know. I enjoy being helpful
If you're trolling?... die in a fire?

Ogre kingdom SC were basically replaced by tha fact that the generic version now can take the SC equipment. So a generic Tyrant can now take Bragg weapon and so on. You are supposed to use the SC models when doing that.

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf

they all have the gutbuster keyword

gutbusters can't melt steel beams

Then go for it, my bad wasn't looking, and yup, then it works for them too
Same thing with Tomb Kings and Death, yadda yadda

But leadbelchers can... duh duh DUUUUNNNN

Anyone got the Generals Handbook in another website other than mega? I don't trust it.

little kid crying because the lame gods arnt getting as much attention as khorne and nurgle boohoo babies. there is a reason khorne and nurgle get love its because its popular. why release loads of new shit for the two least played chaos faction in whfb/aos/40k. people need to stop bitching

Except they do have the gut busters keyword idiot

when a model has more then 1 melee weapon with him. like say giants, do you pick which one you use every combat or do you use all of them ?

Or maybe you need to understand that to make something else popular it needs to be given its own time to shine. I don't even play Chaos and can completely understand these players concerns and frustration.

By your reasoning their should only be spacemarines and khorne models released, ever.

depends on what it says in their description. in the giant's case they are armed with a giant club and can also smash foes with a headbutt and kick .

This means that he can use all three of these weapons at once

In other cases it would say that x model is armed with x weapons or y weapon in chich case you only attack with said x/y weapon.

My vampire lord is named Luccio Straizo. He was a jade battle wizard whose fear of aging lead him down the dark path vampirism.

Did he get machinegunned through a window?

well the thing that these dumbass cry about doesn't make sense, "more khorne more stormcast" i swear there was a full game for tzeentch a few months back but noooooo OMFG MORE KHORNE?!