Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

So ever had any in-character relationships that went well? Or poorly? Or both, simultaneously?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Legacy of Dragons: imgur.com/a/8gie2

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/celestial-healing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that picture

Is the Jew Witch causing the human and the elf to race mix? Is Pathfinder that redpilled yet overt.
Like she's standing right there yet the Cleric is doing nothing.

Bump.

The opposite actually.
Mad Martigan is cucking the Cleric who is cannonically in lesbians with the Elf.
Who is bisexual.

I know. I don't write it though.

Tell me, /pfg/, what do you think is the right balance of combat to non-combat in a campaign? How many combat encounters would it take in a row, without any moments to RP or interesting discoveries to make, before you start feeling things are getting stale? Likewise for the reverse situation.

Cleric hasn't rolled spellcraft yet, obviously.

It depends entirely on what your group wants out of the game. Some people want political intrigue with a bit of murder mixed in, others want dungeon roving murder hobos. Neither side is wrong.

Starting at first level, playing a custom horror carrion crown adventure. Thinking of being an Ustalav native who thinks that, "ok, yeah, Whispering Tyrant went a bit too far and was one of the worst people ever, but you can't deny he got results!" Concept is undead are powerful and super useful, just don't go advertising that maybe you'd like to become a lich.
Thinking human or dhamphir oracle, with juju, bones, occult, dark tapestry, old gods, or void mystery.
Never played an Oracle before so a bit overwhelmed by the choices available to me, but seems super fun and lots of rp potential.
Thinking Dual-Cursed or spirit guide juju oracle?
Everything allowed.

Well, what do you personally desire out of a game?

Hectic combat with the occasional murder/disappearance mystery.

And puzzles.

Dunno, just wanna play!

Can Bestow Curse/Greater Bestow Curse place a conditional or triggered curse on someone? Like for example, a curse that would cause them to burst into flames any time they enter a church or a curse that gives a -6 penalty to charisma if the victim of the curse tries to lie. The power level of those specific curses isn't important, I'm just talking about whether the format of them is acceptable.

Evil gestalt game, negotiator bard plus cleric of Ardad Lili. Ended up with an assassin PC for a boyfriend, PC blackguard trap on the side and sometimes sandwiched between her and the assassin, plus a growing harem of female NPCs and a PC witch girl that was always tempted and flustered but never quite gave in.

>mfw remembering how much I hate normal forums, especially posting on them
>mfw trying to post on them and finding out certain posting features are limited "because your post count is too low"
>mfw I would have to grind posts just so I could do the one thing I need on that forum

I feel like Veeky Forums has ruined me.

What you want is a Mark of Justice

This is the guy trying to run a Steel Hound Investigator
> Drawing a sword cane is a free action
> rules do not specify that you must be holding the cane to draw the sword
> you can be using one hand to shoot and the other to reload/drink potions/throw bombs
> if an enemy runs past you can instantly draw the sword for an attack of opportunity
It's silly but I like it

Kinda unrelated question, but historically, has Spear & Shield style ever been popular after the Greeks?

Unless stated, you can't take a free action offturn.

Thanks Corporal Killjoy

I remember I had a similar game where I was an anti-paladin/bloodrager. I was on the receiving end of affection despite my continual refusals. It came to blows after another character attempted to coerce me with magic and I killed them. Some people don't take no for an answer.

Any time.

Swift action without Quick Draw.
Investigator doesn't have Alchemist Bombs.
Like the other user said, can't take free actions off-turn if it wasn't stated.

It doesn't matter that you have to be holding the cane to draw the sword, since you don't need to be holding your weapons (ie they're in holsters or scabbards) to draw them as a free action (If you've got Quick Draw or drawing while moving)

I feel like you were just pissing in the wind in that thread. People there had their opinions already set and very little was going to change that. That said, you might have swayed some of them to neutral, but I still think your biggest audience for "Corruptions Unchained" is going to be here, although GitP might have a better opinion split.

I want a cute lamasthan waifu!

You need to leave.

Am I right at being annoyed at someone who wants to play a good aligned necromancer who creates many undeads, without houseruling Joe mindless undead to be True Neutral instead of Neutral Evil? I mean, the way he talks about it, it's like he's looking to win points at the oppression olympics or something (saying "they're not evil just because they ping evil, you racist" and shit like that. Mind, the racist thing was a joke, but still.).

Unless it is house ruled in the setting he should be evil. Undead are a perversion of life. Unless he is absolutely evangelical about only using undead made of consenting creatures and then only using them for good at every turn. Undead in PF are pretty damn evil.

She's gonna cheat on you with like minotaurs and manticores and stuff.

There was the game with my Chosen One bowadin. He was just some dumb 17-year-old peasant who one day received a divine message from Erastil to fight evil. He ended up getting along really well with the catfolk bloodrager (Abyssal blood or not), and after saving the world, they got married in the epilogue. It was pretty cute.

I want to play a cute lamasthan waifu-priest.

It's not cheating if we're double-teaming her.

Are there any CR 7 monsters with blood-draining attacks?

>Perversion of life

Because life is clearly so Good aligned, innit?

That's the spirit!

That is the second best thing to having one!

I've had to disband another group due to pissy players. I'm starting to think that the well of local players is poisoned.

If it's not homeruled in that undea are atleast neutral or go along with their creators alignment, then he's running for first in the oppression Olympics.

What is the ideal jewslaying character? I was thinking Inquisitor for Detect Lies and Detect Alignment, but jews co-opt religion everywhere they go. Would an inquisitor remain "true" to the faith if a religious leader labeled the jews as friends(after taking enough bribes) or would they suspect and hunt down corruption within the church?

That's where it falls apart but honestly it's Piazo writing so whatever

The alignment system is very life-centric.

Oh you

Well, that's how it was originally in their weird mythos. Asmodeus was like "no life should not have free will" and his bro was like "no man life is sacred it needs free will" and they got in a tussle thereby creating cosmic good and evil.

See the thing is, you're implying that should mean it's neutral. Were it a homebrew setting that's fine. In PF undead and means to create them are evil because the state of undeath is inherently selfish as it is a pure consumption based cycle. An all predator no prey engame. Same reason necromancy is associated with Greed. Life is not inherently selfless, and this living non sapient creatures are neutral.

So the actual reason undead are evil is they are a naturally selfish state. There is that one in setting speech explaining this reasoning.

I thought that was more about law vs chaos.

Again look at the post about the concept of death being inherently selfish. It's their reasoning. Life has both selfless and selfish aspects while undeath does not.

What got them so riled up?

I didn't choose it. Shoulda gone for a nice, sweet, Erastil inquisitor.

Erastil is alright, but Shelyn is also pretty good.

Have you tried running on the internet, user?

Your right, still doesn't change my dislike of it, though it sheds light on how it works.

I do not force them into fights, and the advertisement made it clear they are small fish in a big pond. They get angry when enemies aren't all their level and easily defeated. I generally do not force fights they aren't ready for, unless they do something stupid.

Basically TPKs because of forcing fights with strong people and refusing to give up when given the chance. People think they are untouchable.

Undeath being inherently selfish makes sense in my opinion. The only undead that don't mindlessly consume are ones controlled by necromancers. Creating undead is in and of itself irresponsible if you were to ever lose control.

I mean, sounds like your players have different expectations from the game. You should definitely try to clear that up before it causes problems next time.

It's simple, when someone fucks your waifu to ¢uck you, you must go and fuck them to un¢uck yourself. Bonus points when waifu pins them down for you.

There are some D&D settings where undead are neutral, but Pathfinder isn't one of them. In Pathfinder most undead are evil and most of the ways to make undead are evil.

That said, if the player can figure out a way to make a non-evil undead (looking through the Pathfinder site it looks like there are a few such as Red Jesters and Mortuary Cyclones) using spells that don't have the Evil descriptor then I wouldn't see a problem.

But, if you don't want to houserule neutral undead, then it's on him to figure out ways to skate around the alignment system.

The advertisement was clear. I just cut them loose because I'm not going to GM the kind of game they seem to want. I'm not obligated to them.

Abadar tho.

If Zombies and Skeletons remain evil, then raising them is evil, pure and simple.

PF zombiers and skeletons, unlike the previous editions and the editions after, are self-willed , self aware monsters that are evil, and they will mindlessly hunt and kill anything alive because their instincts are to destroy anything unlike themselves. They have a 10 wisdom and a 10 charisma and are thus self-aware and self-willed. They may be mindless, but so are vermin and oozes, and vermin and oozes have lower wis and cha scores - and are also not evil.

I mean, they won't be good, but I don't see an issue with trying to do "good" by creating undead to help people.

The idea that are mindless consume is the main thing and convert stable systems into a pure consumption model. We have to remember that most undead can not make more undead, and most of those who can do not make more of themselves and instead mindless thralls. Undeath is something that destroys as a rule.

One could argue that a zombie is merely a tool, like a gun or axe, that can be used for self defense and to ease labor. However an axe or gun, if left alone, will not instinctually attempt to destroy all life. Zombies do.

But they're not trying to cluck you, she's trying to get impregnated by monster cum.

It was. The original conflict created law and chaos. With a byproduct of of good and evil that was later refined.

What if I BECOME the monster

It's like giving someone a coffee maker that is also a bomb then making it for public use. Then for any reason if the owner dies the bomb goes off. While you can guard against this with protocols to make sure no one is near the coffee maker when you die, or have a shield, it doesn't make it any less of a inherently dangerous system.

Something like a construct is just as helpful and won't mindlessly kill. They we just more expensive.

What dogma could justify breeding w/ all races (+monsters alike) equally? (basically, good/neutral version of Lamshtu?)

Yes I'm a sick bastard and will be playing R-18 game soon.

I am a monster

I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that some necromancers might not think it through, or consider the benefits as worth the potential costs.

She's still going to bang other monsters because that's the whole point. Lots of monster babies.

Is there room, user, for more of your perverse ilk?

From a neutral perspective: A being that understands the possibilities of intermingling decides to just go ahead and see what comes out. It's basically Lamashtu minus the whole caring about the using them part. Like a divine breeder.

CN Cleric of Lamashtu.

Doesn't matter, I shall fuck the monster!

Irresponsibility does not excuse evil acts. Killing innocents through recklessness is still evil.

I think paizo's stance on the evils of undeath is relatively consistent. If I look at the bard created undead it makes sense for the method to not be evil as it only creates temporary undead and thus can not develop the endless predator model. The medium way does not create consuming undead and thus can be neutral.

Really the base idea that selfishness is the evil thing makes sense.

Reminds me of that... cuck samurai pic.

You're reading way too much into it. I never said it did. Yes, creating undead is an evil act. No, you don't have to be evil to do it. You can easily play a neutral necromancer that tries to use their undead to help society.

Romans made heavy use of it for several centuries.

>good/neutral version of Lamashtu
Followers can be "one off" from alignment of their patron deity. Beast Mother is CE, and thus can have CN followers. Creed stays very similare, except more towards "consensual" side.

Not for long, creating undead turns you undead pretty quickly unless you balance it with good tagged spells.

>"they're not evil just because they ping evil, you racist"
Well, given the new Paizo stance that casting Infernal Healing seven times in your life makes you evil, no matter HOW many orphans you save, he's got a valid point.

I'm dual cursed Unchained/Legalistic, how should I play this?

Also favorite dual cursed combos.

Exactly what I had in mind, sadly I don't have the image saved. And lack the artistic skill to make corresponding edit with Lamashtu priestess and minotaur.

I was thinking more of a 'deity' that is good/neutral version of Lamashtu, but well that could work too. Hmm.

Doesn't that spell specifically say it doesn't actually affect your alignment, only what it appears to be for a time?

How do I become the most weeb overpowered hand to hand martial artist type character. I want to be able to do high flying teleportation "he's fast", energy lasers, time magic, jojo-bullshit fighting. It's level 12, PoW is encouraged. I no longer HAVE RESTRICTIONS.

Paizo literally just published that casting Evil spells shifts you from good to neutral after a few casts, and from neutral to evil after a few more.

Don't worry though, you can counteract the effects by casting Good spells.

One more thing to ignore from Paizo. Just like all errata.

>'deity' that is good/neutral version of Lamashtu
Sune? I mean normally she's mostly about humanoids, but having slightly more unhinged follower that extends this onto "taming" beasts is not entirely out of question.

If anything I'd like to see that and in the same party.

Unchained Monk with an emphasis on Abundant Step and Dimension Door abilities with maybe a dip into sorcerer with a bloodline that fills out some other requirement.

It hurt me to write that out. But I just had to.

Well, this is a thing: d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/celestial-healing

If you know both it and Infernal, you can slide along good-evil axis at will.

Not sure if weeaboo enough without PoW.

Just make his backstory about trying to become stronger so he can defeat the Evil Demon King that is threatening his home village yet also wants to discover the power of friendship. Boom - Full Weeb.

Summon monster would do the same thing with celestial/infernal monkies.

Anyone?

>Hold on guys, I'm going to summon a bunch of angelic and demonic monkeys to kill one another while trying to regain balance. You can watch too if you like, shit's hysterical.

I could totally see magical cockfighting rings.

Celestial Healing is bullshit though; 1 round per two levels, with no minimum. Meaning at level 1 it literally does NOTHING.

Infernal Healing, by contrast, always works for 10 rounds.

What board/thread is good for posting/sharing R-18 settings, characters, etc? For 3.X based rule.

usually there's some lewd thread on Veeky Forums at various times, lots of stuff like that and homebrew talk

Aurora Soul Mystic maybe?