>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Its part of the pretty pretty pleiades series, its a gacha item from yghdrasil. It makes undead have normal emotions. It causes a lot of trouble for ainz because he cant bluff as well without his emotion mask.

Jump # 16 Person of Interest

Background: Cop (0)
Starting Location: New York

Perks:
*Detective (0)
*Loyalty (0)
*You are not alone (100, Discount)
*Well Read (200)
*Heart of the Team (200, Discount)
*Good under pressure (400)
*affably Evil (100)
*Watchful (100)
*Cause and Effect (200)

Equipment:
*The Badge (0)
*Gun (0)

Companions:
*Friends X 4 (200)

Drawbacks:
*Bad luck with Bars (+100)
*Always Low on Ammo (+ 200)
*Evil Counterpart (+200)

Those of you who based your jumper on yourself, how did they go from being an average loser to who they are now?

Was suddenly having power really all it took for them to get over their problems?

Companions

Akitsu
Background: Drop In
Perks:
*Watchful
*surveillance
*Medical Doctor
*Loyalty
Equipment:
*SSN
*Bullet Proof Vest
*Penthouse

Arcuied
Background: Criminal
Perks:
*Affably Evil
*Vengeance
*Outlier
Equipment
*SSN
*Gun
*Hidey Hole
*Penthouse

Adam Jensen
Background: Ex Secret Operative
Perks:
*Military Combat Trained
*I am not going to threaten to kill you, I am going to kill you
*Good Under Pressure
*Improbably good Aim
Equipment
*SSN
*Gun
*Nice Suit

Snowflame
Background: Criminal
Perks:
*Affably Evil
*Vengeance
*Word on the Street
*Kingpin
Equipment
*SSN
*Gun
*Hidey Hole

So things with Adam and Snowflame came to a head here. Snowflame sort of started building his own criminal empire behind our backs and we had to stop him. Adam almost killed him but I managed to stop Adam.

Snowflame and I talked it out, he felt like everyone thought he was some joke or screw up and that he was denying who he really was; a super villain. I told him I didn’t think he was a joke and considered him my friend. I offered to send him home if he wanted and he almost accepted but he apparently considered me a friend too.

Jenson was furious and he was asking to be sent home instead, apparently he thought Snowflame was going to get everyone killed. I managed to calm him down and through a talk convince him to give Snowflame one more chance.

Anyways then we heard about a new technology coming out… Boomer Technology. Apparently Largo had made it here too. He was working with Decima Technologies and Samaritan.

So found their headquarters and broke in, I actually managed to turn Largo against Samaritan by pointing out it planned to use him as a worker and didn’t see him as some sort of god. He begins to try and absorb Samaritan but it turns out Samaritan’s programing was strong enough to start overwriting Largos mind. Anyways all hell is breaking loose, Arcueid summons Gremlins… Machine Hexing spirits and we teleport out as everything goes to hell.

Anyhow as something for Snowflame I began a political movement to legalize Cocaine. With my stupidly high charisma and music I actually succeeded. It may have been dumb but I could see the action meant a lot to Snowflame and hopefully showed him he could work legally to achieve the change in society he sought.

No? Why would it? My problems are what got me killed in the end.

Hah! No, he just went from being a guy who had to see a therapist to work out his problems o being a guy who could punch trees into splinters to do the same.

Changelog:
-'Base of Operations' no longer consumes your material when using it for aesthetics
-'Base of Operations' notes clarified that you can use other aesthetic you've collected to change its appearance

I hope this helps.

No, I took a LOT of mental stability and cheerfulness perks. I fear drawbacks that remove your powers, for it would mean going back to being who I am now. That's why I can never do gauntlets or Light of Terra.

Get over problems? Hah!

Of course I didn't.

Well, I certainly don't have the same crippling fear of death, but otherwise it's about the same.

Current chain? Probably when I stacked Tenno perks with Heart of a Child and What I Fight For. More likely, it was when my teacher taught me their philosophy, and I've stuck to it.

For Seven and Cosmo? Ahahaha good joke.

Ah, so it's something that's not in the jump. I don't consider that to make it invalid though, so thank you for providing a potential solution.

>No one's made a Voynich Hotel jump

The only problems I have are money related. So being a jumper solved that.

Now I just have a god complex.

Well, I started my first jump with a perfect memory, physically fit on a level close to captain america, and I had the ability to talk to pokemon, at the cost of one of my legs. So I struggled a bit for the first ten years. After that I became a FISS and a decent teacher in a world that barely accepted me. I had to change on a personal level. I had to be stronger emotionally, and being able to tank gunshots does wonders to your confidence. So, really, it was a mix of powers and my situation

A combination of enlightenment/ common sense perks balanced against stress, maddening eldritch lore, and the effects of being able to mind control anyone and everyone within a very large range on a whim.

Your turn

A healthy mind, the knowledge that there's more out there, and a chance to start my life over all solved my depression in jump 1. That was my biggest problem.

I don't suppose that for TNG/DS9 that the jumpmaker would mind adding scenarios to let us stick around for longer... or maybe more focus on the dominion war?

Alcohol. A lot of it.

And then I bought a healing factor with no way to turn it off.

What is it about?

>Voynich Hotel
>not complete Sayman works incl. Oddman11, Nickelodeon, ParaIso, Sexual Instincs and each and every single one-shot.

Me as a Jumper just sort of grew over the chain. I think Kamen Rider was the tipping point, though. Good feels good, and being something people can believe in does a hell of a lot for your self esteem, especially when you can make sure the good guys win., and having friends and comrades to help carry the burden is even better. Undertale helped a lot as well. We made anime real.

...please tell me that's an edit.

>Implying I've gotten over my issues
>Implying I'm not still terrified every time I have to do something
>Implying that you don't just eventually learn to push it down and deal with it later, or die

Cure girls working at "haunted" hotel.

That's the actual panel.

The context is that the girl was going on her first ever date, and got advice from the maid with no social skills. The very next panel is her informing the maid that he told her to change her clothes.

Nope, still a dork, always been a dork

Only difference is having someone to be a dork with

It is, the original T-shirt has it kanji.

>Haunted in quotation marks
There are explicitly at least three ghosts in the hotel.

>-'Base of Operations' no longer consumes your material when using it for aesthetics

So if you have a sample if Mithril you can make stuff look like mithril without consuming it, but you cannot harvest the visual mithril? Yes, this makes more sense.

Can you still use material for actual building (if you have a supply of marble, it can build actual real marble floors and pillars)

Not a fan of it changing the actual shape of my warehouse itself, and would rather you just offer an actual base that would be a warehouse attachment in later jumps or imported once per jump.

But do they haunt it or just live there? It doesn't count as haunting unless the ghosts are doing something spooky.

Nappa, Vegeta, and who?

They do spooky things when specifically asked to and paid for. I mean, as a ghost there isn't many other jobs you can do.

>Can you still use material for actual building (if you have a supply of marble, it can build actual real marble floors and pillars)
You do whatever you want, I don't even give a shit anymore.

>Not a fan of it changing the actual shape of my warehouse itself, and would rather you just offer an actual base that would be a warehouse attachment in later jumps or imported once per jump
Let me go back and edit it again, sorry for misunderstanding.

>physically fit on a level close to captain america... at the cost of one of my legs
So, did you win any ass kicking contests?
The REAL Captain America could.

Red, don't. It's just one guy, the rest of us are fine.

That one philosopher girl who hangs around that manga artist.

The rest of us were fine with it as originally standing - it's all one guy basically trying to bully the jump into his vision.

Fucking. What happened today?

Ah, I've looked this up. It's an item that cancel's an undead's immunities. Obviously, that wouldn't be an optimal solution to this problem.

>TNG/DS9 that the jumpmaker would mind adding scenarios to let us stick around for longer... or maybe more focus on the dominion war?
I did not think DS9 was more then 10 years. If you went DS9 and started when the series began, wouldn't the war be over by jump end?

Just ignore him. He is either an asshole or a troll, or both.

>What happened today?
Well judging by how someone was trying to stir up personal attacks at the same time I would say the shitposter is trying a new approach to attack her.

Well, it was pokemon, and I only had the one good leg because of a drawback, so I avoided fights. After that, though, you're damn right I won some fights.

>Just ignore him. He is either an asshole or a troll, or both.
I'm really not trying to be.

And 'lo, the White Knights come forth.

Checked the date of TNG's start, not the jump start, you're right.

Still would be nice to have extra dominion stuff, but youre correct

Jumpers!
What are some questions that you really don't want people to ask?

and I'm the President of the United States of America.

'Sup Barry.
How's the wife and kids?

>After that, though, you're damn right I won some fights
I regret to say I cannot give full credit for that answer. You needed to win an asskicking contest as a one legged man.

Hint: If you had bought Psionics or Aura instead of talking to pokemon, you could have trained hard, and flown around and kick their ass with the one leg, or have a prosthetic leg made out of your soul.
Silly user, talking to Pokemon is a FREE perk in Mystery Dungeon.

Let's not talk about it. This is a community thread, not my blog.

Changelog:
-Additional note for 'Base of Operations', you can shove the unwanted changes from the purchase into a separate Attachment if you want.

Anything else?

No, it's not about defending Red. It's about finding you annoying and not wanting anyone to do anything you want. You could be doing this with any jump maker and we'd be saying this. I recommend that if you really want something from us, to use reverse-psychology so we do the opposite out of spite.

Mr. President, what are you doing on Veeky Forums? Don't you have your hands full right now?

This shitposter is better than the usual one, though, It's a combination of minor logical complaints, demands that the perk be changed to match his personal vision and desires regardless of what she wants, and basic backhanded compliments when she gives into his will and insults when she doesn't. It's a great example of manipulation and using an inch to gain a mile. First he uses some fairly minor stuff like the "if you use materials here you can't get them back stuff" to get an in, then he goes for the whole "this perk shouldn't actually change anything I don't want it to" once he gets it in. Rewards and punishments and lots of words along the way to muddy things up and basically tire her out until she just gives in. If she takes a break to recover, he can call her out for not listening to get an early edge. If she does anything that isn't what the asshole wants, he can call her unreasonably and illogical. He's waged a great campaign.

Why the fuck are you feeding the obvious troll?
Do what you're supposed to do to all attention whores, and ignore it.

Because I want him to go for reverse psychology. That would make him pleasant.

I actually went through a pretty scary crisis. I was worried that over the years, gradual slow change over the years blinded me into what I thought I was becoming. I was a lawful good jumper, because I genuinely just want to help people and I'm really sappy like that. But despite that I still thought that maybe I changed too much, that maybe this chain was fucking with my head.

So I used the Psychonauts perk and traveled all the way back to pre-chain psyche, asking, no pleading him to tell me if he was proud of how he ended up, if I had become a monster over the course of the chain. I was so happy when he told he couldn't have ended up better, as all the past chain psyches offered their two cents. This was a good end to that characer arc.

The inherent problems that couldn't just be solved with the powers were my judgement, I constantly hoped what I did was for the better, and that I was actually helping people. Really, the most changing factor were the companions over the journey, people during this lonesome chain actually cheering me up, friends with bonds stronger then any metal.
"user you did a great job"
"user you can rely on us when you need it"
"user I'm happy you helped me that day"
"user, c-can I please get a headpat?"
Really, I wouldn't be where I was without my companions.

Let me get back to you. But as a placeholder, let me predict SOMEONES answer.
>What happened to the Moon?
Can you guess who?

Yeah. Cheer up, emo kid.

I spent my time trying to sweet talk a Rayquaza into joining me. And would have Mewtwo, if I could have found him.

Fuck off, man.

Not canon.

Won't work.
As this user has already stated, this one is of a higher caliber than our usually shit-tier trolls.

I wish we could find out where these shitlords live.

Pokemon helped quite a bit. At first it was simply a matter of "well I may be shit, but at least I'm not as shit as Ash"

Of course, as my adventure went on and I hit the higher echelons of training, that changed. And of course, having a traveling partner/friend/co-gym leader/significant other as a source of positive reinforcement certainly didn't hurt.

So, you actually found a Rayquaza, but decided talking to it would be better then getting a master ball?

Other than Dark Souls, what jumps have half-dragon waifus?

I took perks for that, though even just Pokemon already did a lot to help.
A new life, a new world, a healthy body and plenty to do in 10 years. The additional powers and good friendships with my pokemon didn't exactly hurt either.

My second jump was Narnia for Heart of a Child and The Preservation of Man, which is a really good combo to get over yourself and enjoy the ride you're on.
After a short dip into Order of the Stick for ultimate arcane power i went to Sword & Sorcery.
To Truly Live, Call to Greatness, Lost and Forgotten and Heart of Man mean i'm never going to be bored or listless again.

4 jumps in and my jumper-self is already massively better off than i'll ever be, and it's only going to get better from there.

Stop. Fucking. Feeding. Them.
Report and ignore.

How would finding/catching legendaries in the jump work anyways?

>Anything else?
No, is good.
I AM sorry for the trouble.
I never meant to make you feel like shit.
You asked about a space station

>Would you prefer I offer an actual Dojo space station?
>My question still stands.

And I was just trying to get you to add that.
I'll stop now, since it seems to changed your mind.

Friends helped
Being forced into situations where I had to man up and/or face my demons also helped.
Persona was the clincher though.

Even then he still isn't over everything, or without his problems. He's happy with who he is though.

Well, I didn't want it to bite my head off when I let it out of the pokeball. They're quite territorial, so just getting close was a problem.

You know when I originally was finishing up that jump I was worried that drop-in would be kind of a weak choice in peoples eyes. It's neat seeing how many people enjoy those perks so much.

Hell I was worried people would just grab Sorcerer stuff and call it a day due to magic being popular, but I've seen a ton of spread in what people go for and all the talk has a lot of indecision about what they want more in origins.

It's a good feel.

>Fuck off, man.

>Stop. Fucking. Feeding. Them.
>Report and ignore.

Yo are BOTH wrong! The correct answer is HeavensAnon, because he keeps blowing up the moon wherever he goes!

You are legit autistic, my man.
More than Manyfist by an order of magnitude, I'd wager.

>I AM sorry for the trouble.
>I never meant to make you feel like shit.
Wow, not just a shitposter but a a REALLY bad liar, too. You're a real gem, aren't you?

No. What really fixed me was finding out there was a horizon. When I was a kid I wanted to be an explorer, but everything's already discovered. I wanted to be an astronaut but I found out I'd never qualify, and I wanted to be a scientist but I wasn't smart enough. So I basically gave up on all my dreams and settled into a life of second bests. Jumping changes all that, though. There's an infinite number of worlds for me to go explore, and infinite wonders for me to discover. All I have to do is go for it.

I was tempted. Not just between drop-in and sorcerer, but all the origins.
The way the perk descriptions are written just really grabs at your imagination.
In the end it came down to drop-in because those perks are really unique, or close to it.

>It's a good feel.
It should be. You certainly deserve it for doing a great job.

What would be a good setting with emotional protection to make into a jump?

Roll or wank it.

None.

I have nearly all of his older material that I need to scan. Videogame doujinshi, etc. I think he even wrote a D&D doujinshi. Wonder if anyone will translate them.

>When I was a kid I wanted to be an explorer, but everything's already discovered
Truman?

I went to Dead Space, he has the right idea because the moon eats people.

This joke stopped being funny a few threads ago, guys.

I have no idea what you are asking for.

Yotsuba.

Oh come on, Heavens. Stop looking the dark side of the moon things.

So you get a bit loony sometimes; it's not like you go around mooning people or anything.

A setting where a power or event prevented someone from having their emotions dulled or taken away. A setting like this, that would be good to make into a jump.

That probably SHOULD be a jump, but I'm not good at slice of life.

You can do better than that kind of lunacy, user.

I guess it might help if I posted other things in thread, like storytime, huh?

I'd appreciate having your """excellent""" stay in Akame Ga Kill written someplace where it will be conveniently archived.

That entire experience and what resulted from it was awful.

More Seven coming soon?

>Hell I was worried people would just grab Sorcerer stuff and call it a day due to magic being popular, but I've seen a ton of spread in what people go for and all the talk has a lot of indecision about what they want more in origins.
S&S is about the perfect jump. There is stuff in every background I really want.

It only flaws are that going full background (for the complete experience, i.e. going full warrior had everything you need to be Conan) takes all 1,000 CP plus 600 Drawbacks, leaving you no ability to take general perks (especially companions)

and you have no spare CP to choose your location. And since the Locations are basically entirely different settings...

So you could be THE iconic Sinbad (full Thief Perk Line) BUT you rolled the Hollow Earth Dinosaur Land. Oops!
And you are Sinbad and the Zero Thieves, since 40 would take 2 purchases of the 20 man companions.

Maybe think about some more drawbacks and a increased drawback limit? And a +0 Drawback option that lets you change your location to a S&S setting based on an existing work?

I do believe Klein will come to disagree on that. Eventually.

I owe it all to my waifu. Sburb was my second jump, and I was still total garbage. But Vriska took me under her wing and made it absolutely clear that I WAS going to be a confident badass hero whether I liked it or not. She wouldn't stop believing in or hurting me. And while it was pretty fucked up, it was fucked up in exactly the way I needed. I'd have probably curled up and died in jump three (Zerg) if it hadn't been for her toughening me up and helping me believe in myself.

Didn't we determine a couple threads back that Vriska was actually Jump-chan in cosplay? No wonder she's good for your self-esteem.

As someone who's read Homestuck, I can say with complete and utter confidence that Vriska a shit.