The high priest isn't evil

> The high priest isn't evil
> Just rigid, conservative and very stressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hihslMdRCRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is everybody suddenly shilling for Dragon Age? It's a generic setting, with simple characters that are definded by either their race, color or sexuality.

Hey, the first one is pretty good

What's it to you? Let them have their fun.

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
And stressed people tend to make incompetent decisions.

>It's the high priest's fault and not the instigators

Yes, yes it is. But all the things that made it good are now replaced, destroyed or gone.

They are trying to sell an inferior product, it is misleading.

I can't be the only one that just quit playing at the start of the third act. I just knew right away there was no way it was going to come close to the second, and was going to be a huge disappointment.

>implying anyone buys pdfs or games

>color

What? Like who?

Inferior to fucking what though? D&D?
Psh

The entire game was shit and was a huge disappointment

Duncan in the original was a great character.

D&D has some unique and interesting places, the problem is it is the first one people tend to discover, or was, and now it appears to be a generic setting, when in fact it's been around so long people mistake age for unoriginality,

Its taken me up till now to slog through DA:O to get to the seige, its like playing a slow WoW clone without any friends along for the ride

I didn't like how they had set up the mages to be all misunderstood with blood magic and whatnot, only for them to ALL TURN TO BLOOD MAGIC.

It's like the Nazis persecuting the Jews for trashing the economy, then the Allies destroy the Nazis only to discover proof that the Jews trashed the economy.

Amazing how art emulates life.

True, but I at least enjoyed the second act. The religious and ethnic tension angle was a good one, and I legitimately wanted to solve the problem without bloodshed. But as usual, tragedy occurred because nobody could cool their shit.

> Drag Age

>Why is everybody suddenly shilling for Dragon Age?

Because is just won Best Game of the Year at the ENNIES, you doorknob.

So everyone is interested in Why?

I don't share your love for "everything, even the kitchen sink" style settings (such as Forgotten Realms or even something like Eberron or Greyhawk). I think taking something out makes it, if anything, less bland.

Really?

How much dick did Bioware have to suck to get that through?

You just described a form of evil user, come on.

Can you explain why it it deserved it?

>another DA thread
Another thread to talk about cutest boy, Cole. But for real though, where's the R34 of him?

All those big award ceremonies are run by the industry.
The industry = big publishers.
"Oh yes, we did such a good job doing the thing we're all doing. Backpats and reacharounds all around chaps! Lowest common denominator mechanics with fancy graphics, following the latest trend: now THAT'S video games as art, folks"

Once you realize that, kinda takes away the legitimacy of the whole thing don't it?

No, I cannot. I barely know the video game.

This. It's no different to BMW claiming it has recieved a 10/10 raiting by Delux Sedan magazine 12 years running, until you find out that BMW owns the magazine.

>Shilling
I think there is not guy making the threads, and then the rest of Veeky Forums collectively shits on 2 and Inq while pointing at Origins and Awakening and saying "You got it right the first time you dozy fucks! We just wanted more and better of that and not whatever the hell it was you have us."

Except the ENNIES are a popular vote open to anyone. They're not owned by any major publisher, and if guys like you on tg don't even bother to vote then you can hardly complain, can you?

Next time vote for whatever the fuck you like.

At this point, dnd has become to you fucks as the word racist to sjw's

see

Which is funny, because I can't think of a more diverse setting than D&D.

You can't expect us to jump at every single half-assed strawpoll some wanker makes a website for.

It's almost as if "literally everything is in this setting" isn't incredibly interesting!
Fancy that

>I have too much choice and don't like the freedom.

So, you do not like thing so it is bad and people should like what you do and they are lesser for not doing so?

DA2 was a lot of fun and aside from making Anders open to gay romance, I really don't get what people are so buttblasted about.

Now, DA3, that's one huge shitshow stomping on everything good from DAO or 2.

The setting has no sense of coherent/overarching theme, tone, or identity.

It's bland the same way that a cake with everything in it is bland. Or the way that every color of play dough mixed together is bland.

You've stated your opinion, and I've stated mine.

Go be superior somewhere else

Everybody was hawkesexual in DA2.

>anticipating that the high priest is evil

Because it's a setting, not a plot. You have all the pieces there to create your own overarching plot and or theme. It is a big and varied world, why would they all be linked to a central plot?

It would be like going to a buffet and complaining that there is not the taste of cake in all the foods available.

I enjoyed DA2 because it wasn't another end of the world scenario with a chosen one. I liked the fact it was one city with a lot of problems and ended up being, more or less, just political. Inquisition was boring as hell and just plain ugly to look at.

This is how Lawful.
I bend the rules a bit when it's needed.

Which is not that big a deal when you think about it. We are talking about a dwarf, your siblings and a Milf that are flat out not romanceable, Sebastion, who is only romanceable as a chick, two elves, a slutty bisexual pirate from the first game and Anders. Of those, only Anders seems really fucking out of character to me.

regarding DA2; if the story was good in your playthrough, that's because you were lucky with your main story choices. Same happened to my little sister on her first playthrough, and me on my second.

I've done like three playthroughs of the thing (don't ask me why) and I think the worst possible one is if you try to nonviolently support mages as a non-mage.
Practically every major character does insane shit, not because they're reasonable people who make tough decisions, but out of what can only be described as sudden-onset suicidal dementia.

Comparing the way things turn out when you do what the writers wanted you to do, versus the opposite, is like night and day - NOT in terms of what happens (the same shit happens) but because in plenty of possible playthroughs, more or less all major players' motivations are horseshit, whereas in others they make sense given the circumstances.

But there's also plenty of other stuff you've probably just been ignoring: Fenris is pure cringe, being obviously a mage in front of the templars in an entire playthrough and them doing fuck-all about it, that one guy in the prologue who dies from contact with darkspawn blood yet your entire party is covered in it and nobody makes a peep, enemies magically parachuting in in waves even though there isn't even a nearby building for them to spiderman down from, i could go on.

Cole a CUTE! A CUTE!

I really did like Aveline. I use her as a template for one of my PCs.

It's restrictive. Spells can be dispelled. Death is a minor inconvenience if you're rich.
There are too many established details about it that wreak havoc on any attempt to do anything interesting with it.

I don't mind a setting where everything can be established and people can freely create character builds.
But that's not what D&D is. D&D is a world with a particular kind of wizard/sorcerer/druid/cleric, and particular monsters, and particular spells. There's just a lot of it.

I honestly can't see how you manage to spin that as "freedom".
To me, that's restrictive. It just happens to have A LOT of stuff to choose from, but it's all established and specific: something you have to look up.

She deserved better than DA:II. She did her job well, respected her friends, took a considered and balanced approach, and was cute when crushing on a colleague.

The game's actually a fucking mess gameplay-wise, and some characters are terrible like Edgemaster Fenris and Anders, but I honestly think it was the story and setting is what I liked about. Didn't enjoy the combat or story of 1 or 3. 2 is just once city filled with problems instead of various locations all around the world being big and epic. And Merrill. What a fucking cute, goddamn.

Yeah I liked Merrill too, though apparently that's a YMMV thing, from what I hear.

I think DA2s biggest joys for me were Aveline and Varric.
Merril was my guilty pleasure.
youtu.be/hihslMdRCRU
Anders a shit. I barely noticed Sebastian existed. Slutpirate had her moments but a lot of her writing felt fanfictioney and not terribly believable.

I'm not the waifu-taking kind of guy, but damn me if he she isn't the closest I've come to it. The blood magic thing just make her sexier.

Aveline was a total bro and getting her involved with the other guy (can't remember his name) was a good laugh. Didn't even find Sebastian, I think, didnt' even recruit the pirate because I took one look and said 'nope'.

I really hope they do something like DA2 again, but in Tevinter. I feel like that's ripe with potential.

I liked her. But please Merrill. Please stop doing the mirror shit and get back on my warrior's 2-hander.

>Tevinter
I once hoped for Tevinter, but Bioware seems to have gone on an excessively politically-correct SJW bender of late, so I feel like they would have a hard time portraying the majority of magisters as anything but nazis cruelly oppressing the totally-just-misunderstood authoritarian, brainfucking, communistic Qunari who "just want to be friends u guise."

>character defined by their race/color
>Vivienne
Uh, user, other than like a single exchange asking where her family is originally from, Vivienne's ethnicity is never discussed and has no bearing on her character whatsoever. She is defined by the fact that she's a mage with a conservative stance.

Also a bitch.

Just because she turned your inquisitor down doesn't make her a bitch, user.

>cruelly oppressing the totally-just-misunderstood authoritarian, brainfucking, communistic Qunari who "just want to be friends u guise."
Didn't play Trespasser, did you?

No worries there. The Qunari were willing to mow over the entirety of southern Thedas by blowing up the leadership of Orlais, Ferelden, etc.

>Didn't play Trespasser, did you?
No. I didn't really enjoy DA:I that much, and I need to like a game to buy its DLC.

>tfw no one wants to talk about my husbando

>mage
>that WANTS mages to be strictly controlled
I still don't understand. Is Viv the Uncle Tom of mages?

mmmmm, I'd give it to her hard

Because Merrill is elder god tier above all else

mages have displayed themselves to be reckless, blood magic abusing loonies in DA. She is not wrong for wanting such a thing

not to mention the cancerous community.

I'm still pissed I couldn't romance Beth.

Or kill those Templars that took her away. I'm a fucking plot armor badass in every other fucking occasion except for the one where my sister gets fucking kidnapped?

>I'm still pissed I couldn't romance Beth.
I-... you realize she's your sister right?

And?

I'm a fucking backwoods dogfucker in that game.

It would be the ultimate progressive statement to make a sibling romance. Bioware should eat it up

>not turning her into a Warden
It's like you hate snazzy Orlesian fashion or something

I thought it was rednecks that want sibling incest

She'd die in twenty years if I did that.

>Priorities

But she wouldn't have all those extra years. Fashion can wait.

SJW want inclusiveness right? Rednecks are people too

>Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
This statement is ignorant to motivation and context and so is 2silly4me.

Not for incest I don't think so. I know on Tumblr, incest is a no-no.

>cole
>husbando

Cole is not for lewd.

>filename

no her constant need to belittle and snarl at other people and assert her barely earned sense of superiority over other people makes her a bitch.

Why, because he's a ghost or something?

>bioware says you cant romance cole because he has a "child's mind"
>but in the trespasser dlc they have him get together with the tavern bard chick
why does bioware lie
yes im going to keep posting this until someone agrees with me that this is stupid

Wrong.

>until someone agrees with me that this is stupid
If by 'this' you mean 'Bioware's writing team' I agree with you. It is stupid.

fine, I agree with you

Also Trespasser felt rushed as fuck.

Meredith was 4/5ths of a good character and 1/5th fucking retarded. More emphasis should have been put on the fact that she was proven correct on virtually every point.

>"Nugs are kind. Almost everything is bigger than they, but they're still happy. If you hold out your hand, they will nuzzle it; it's how they call you 'friend!'"

>Wolffucker: "Have you felt no attraction to women since you crossed the Veil?"
>"No."

>"I would get you one, but they see me in the kitchen now. They ask if I want a glass of water, a piece of bread... they want to help me. It should be the other way round."

He's just too pure and loving.

man on a boy is disgusting deviacy
woman on boy is delicious /ss/
easy as that

Orsino was the worst.

>"Alright, we just beat the templars! Orsino, let's regroup and get ready to-"
>"Meredith expects blood magic? THEN I WILL GIVE IT TO HER!"
>Orsino attacks the party
>????

at least you're able to lampoon that in a talk with Varric in Inquisition

Never have I seen such shit taste. I'd respond with an image, but there's literally no good gay Cole art.

>"No."
Didn't say anything about attraction towards men. But seriously, I wouldn't have minded if they didn't give Cole any love interest. The problem is that Bioware did, so that means it is possible for Cole to fall in love, which upsets me that I can't romance him. Is it so wrong to want to dick a corpse possessed by a ghost?

But Cole isn't possessing anything. He just made a brand new body for himself in the shape of the old, dying Cole.

Fuck away, I guess.

I mean he was a paranoid blood mage who had promoted it amongst his students and literally corresponded with deviants and monsters binding and using demons for years before everything came to a head.

He, uh.

He was always going to handle a high-stress mages vs templars battle badly.

, that's why he's high.

>And Merrill. What a fucking cute, goddamn.
What a fucking moron, more like it.

>"Don't fuck with the mirror, it will end badly."
>she fucks with the mirror
>it ends badly
>how could it go so wrong?
>GEE I FUCKING WONDER

I usually wind up with Isabela, but even then it's not preferred, I usually just took Varric and Aveline along because they're bros.

I can honestly never give a shit to romance anyone after halfway through the 2 or 3.

The one sexual deviancy they don't embrace, only because it is somehow connected to their ideological enemies.

What a fucking world.

(desu i think a lot of them were probably molested by relatives tho)

Going by the actual lore of the setting, Viv is a bit more conservative than most but doesn't hold any views that would be considered extreme among mages. The EU stuff with DA is pretty interesting setting-wise. Like how the beginning of Inquisition is the end of the Mage-Templar War because both sides have more or less ground themselves to nothing.

Still pissed you couldn't romance Viv.

Unless you keep Sera in your party all the time she's not that bad.

Still cute, though.

She was the only good romance.

Doesn't matter, she's a delicate Celtic porcelain doll that must be protected at all times.

>tfw cockblocking someone when DA2 first came out by pointing out he just wanted a Merrill proxy to the girl

It was a good feel.

I feel like all the Dragon Ages are written by completely different people, which is why each game just ignores the previous one.

>It's the final Blight!
>Nope, Mage-Templar Race War Now
>Oh, that's over. We finished it off-screen. Now fight DAEMONS.