MTG Standard Thread 2

More discussion about Standard in MTG

>brews?
>hopes for kaladesh?
>secret deck tech?

Top 8 from the Pro Tour for EMN
magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptemn

>What's Standard Legal?
Dragons of Tarkir, Magic Origins, Battle for Zendikar, Oath of the Gatewatch, Shadows over Innistrad, Eldritch Moon

Standard rotates Sept. 30th, abuse CoCo while you can!

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emergent-properties/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/tyrants-2016-08-10
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-16-vXO-uw-tempo/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fnm-spirits-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragons-out-for-harambe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw all those copies of Emrakul in top 8
Was a treat to see, especially with how much people were trashing her on the spoiler.

Didn't understand the hate, she almost always wins the game on cast, and she's in a format with no graveyard hate

Went to Target today and picked up a 4$ booster as an impulse buy a pulled a Last Hope Lily. I only do commander with a close group of friends and do pre release with a friend/coworker. Should I sell off the Lily? She's ~ $40 atm.. can we expect her value to go up?

We doing this. Just got back from standard.

>tfw there's only draft in my LGS on FNM
At least I'll get a box in a few days

Holy shit actually shaking. Just bought a fat pack at gamestop with store credit.

>Holy shit actually shaking

I didn't know Michael J Fox went to Veeky Forums

>it was in top 8 so its good

This is a dumb meme

how should i modify UW spirits for the current meta? assuming lots of emrakul and emrakul hate

You can apologize anytime m8

Fucking sell now. Card only retain value if they are good in eternal formats. Which shes not

Apologize for what? Emrakul or the poor taste joke about Parkinsons? Emrakul is still shit and will only work in those decks and against those metas. I'll beat it with my shitbrew 99% of the time.

Bitchin' dude

Dope senpai, congrats

>2 Lilliana, Ishkanah and big pig
I can't wait to be dissapointed by my display

What Modern staples would really shake up Standard if they were reprinted today?

Hard mode: only Commons

If delver got a real reprint in this set

Oh there are lots of these...

Here's six from the top of my head, any of these commons are far too powerful for Standard and would warp the format severely. Magic has kind of an inverse power creep, its easy to find cards that would break Standard because the older cards are way stronger than the new ones.

>fires of undeath

That looks like trash though.

Mana Leak
Serum Visions
Terminate
Multiple storm things like ritual or grapeshot
Thought Scour would be popular for delirium
Delver

I would say Liliana of the veil, tarmogoyf or aether vial due to mono white humans

I don't think spirits is a deck that can be tuned to fit the meta. I used to play spirits but switch over to b/g delirium and that deck started winning for me

Do you see the Flashback part? That's effectively 2 casts from just 1 card, you can flash it back whenever you want not just when you can use a Sorcery

fuckload of mana though

>mfw I realized the current price of my ishkanahs that I purchased on preordain for $4

*preorder, though the typo is fitting

spirits is so good against CoCo, and pretty shit against the lili decks. Im not sure how I feel about it.

It is not bait, if you look at some of the most popular Magic cards of all time, they had Flashback

Because that card is actually good, look at its mana costs.

>Fucking sell now. Card only retain value if they are good in eternal formats. Which shes not
She's in standard for a while yet. That said, I doubt she'll go much higher than where she's at. I did dump my own earlier today.

>double Lilly

I fucking hate you

What's there to hate? Lily is a bad card
If you look at the recent results in tournaments, she isn't doing that well, zombie decks are still shit and B/G Delerium is still struggling against CoCo

CoCo is much more powerful than any deck with lili in it, its just a better card, simpler to use too

>Lily is a bad card

Is this some new epic meme?

But memeing aside, I need 2 Lillys for my sac deck to bring shit from graveyard and currently she's still overpriced as shit, up to 80 bucks or more.

Ask the guy that pulled two from a fat pack in the last thread nively and he might give you some

Whoops meant from

First its spirits guy now its lily guy

Im using it for my jank pariah decks so I cant trade.

Simple comparison, this is no meme
Lili isn't a "weak" card but she's worse than other choices available in Standard and thus useless

One of those 2 cards will still be in Standard come September 30th and its NOT Collected Company, you realize this right? You are clinging to something that is on its way out

what do you guys think of this homebrew?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emergent-properties/

>File: elder deep fiend.jpg (20 KB, 241x347)
It looks OK you might want to try putting in some other good colorless / in your color cards such as Thought-Knot Seer or Overwhelming Denial

Is it smart to draft a few packs of emn with my friends? I want to draft a set with high value but also high fun.

Keep or sell my Liliana?

Sell. She's running on hype fumes at the moment and will continue sinking downwards until she goes to a reasonable price of between 20-30.

If you have enough friends I'd say 2 EMN and 1 Shadows makes for a pretty fun draft. I would only do the draft though for fun though because if you are looking to make back your money you probably won't.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/tyrants-2016-08-10

>no +abilities

oh wow

That's why you blink it

Emrakul wins you the game on the spot.

Fake

So what's the best case for this card?
>play it while you have board control
>-2
>-2
>0

Aren't discard effects kind of risky now that madness is common?

>literally from the wizards website

As if W/B control wasn't powerful enough. At least languish is gonna be gone.

I don't think the next conspiracy set is gonna be in standard

Also madness isn't that common in standard

>conspiracy set icon

This one ain't gonna be in Standard tho. Same goes for the rest of Conspiracy 2.

What will this be legal in? Modern?

What? Why are wizards releasing a bunch of sets that aren't standard legal all the time?

No. Conspiracy cards are only legal in modern if they are reprints of cards that are already legal in modern.

There has only been this in the Eternal Masters recently. Doesn't effect the standard set release schedule as far as I know.

I like it.

who's sideboarding this at game day?

For delerium or mill?

Good Idea. Also pic. I'm curently testing UW spirits for game day, not sure I should go more aggro/tempo or the hoogland controlish version.

what do ya figure will happen to the meta when Dragons rotates out?

delirium
one of in my sideboard.
spirits is what i've built/been testing.
i really wish i had avacyns but making do with what i have. i am definitely using a tempo list where i can easily sideboard in some more clashes and negates against BW or abzan control, or always watchings against delirium
my topend is 3 elder deep fiends to try to lockout to hit in the last 8 points of damage

I've got my Day's Undoing to do the trick.

ramp and emrakul decks are losing a lot, but it's hard to know without any idea of what kaladesh brings

so now's a good time to sell Emmy I'm guessing

a bit similar to mine. Care to share your list? here's mine tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-16-vXO-uw-tempo/

yeah mine's on ebay

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-16-vXO-uw-tempo/
yeah i'm at work let me type it into tappedout

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fnm-spirits-2/
i might pick up another clash of wills for the mainboard and drop a deep fiend/nebelgast

oh and a Summary Dismissal over a Dec in the sideboard

seems good. I was wondering if Spell shrivel instead of clash of wills would be better since its strong against delirium.

yeah, keeps kozilek's return out of the yard. i like that a lot.

i guess my objection to it is that on the play a t2 clash of wills can be big

>Emrakul wins the game on the spot

Someone help me with building a blue red deck based on thermo alchemist and thing in the ice, while being kinda burnish?

4 fevered visions
4 titi
4 thermo alchemist
some of your favorite burn spells (fiery impulse, exquisite firecraft)
some unsubstantiates
some just the winds
some lightning axes
4 wandering fumarole
4 shivan reef

Thanks mate. Would bedlam reveler be good in a deck like this also?

What would be a few ways to counter a horde of zombies and 2/2 zombie tokens with menace? Excluding Dragons and Origins.

Whoops, meant to say in colors other than blue.

>cast all your shit
>have just the wind and Bedlam in hand
>discard Just the Wind cast it for almost free
>get 3 cards

You tell me.

Kozilek's Return and Radiant Flames in red immediately come to mind. White has Planar Outburst and Avacyn, as well as Declaration in Stone which would remove all of the Zombie tokens with a single card and give your opponent nothing. Black has Biting Rain, though Languish would be better. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Thanks

To add to my post, it also depends how hard you want to go with spells in your deck.

How do you recognize MTG newbie?

Tries to hardcast Emracool by tapping 15 mana

How does this list look?

>MB
4x Anticipate
4x Engulf the Shore
4x Hydrolash
3x Unsubstantiate
4x Jace's Sanctum
3x Day's Undoing
4x Part the Waterveil
4x Pore Over the Pages
2x Rise from the Tides
4x Curious Homunculus
24x Island

>SB
2x Learn from the Past
4x Negate
3x Niblis of Frost
4x Prism Ring
2x Summary Dismissal

>What? Why are wizards releasing a bunch of sets that aren't standard legal all the time?
Several reasons, retard.

Mana doesn't tap. And ramping with eldrazi tokens is legit for kitchen tables.

>So bad at the game he doesn't win 100% of the time after mindslaving his opponent

G I T G U D S O N
I T G U D S O N G
T G U D S O N G I
G U D S O N G I T
U D S O N G I T G
D S O N G I T G U
S O N G I T G U D
O N G I T G U D S
N G I T G U D S O

Last hope is still easily purchasable under $40.

No idea where you retards are buying cards. Unless you mean 2 foil but that is completely uneccesary.

Too late suckas, Emrakul is like $20 now and dropping. Strike while the iron is hot or so you don't get burned.

the best part is I saw someones receipt at a game shop that bought them at the $30-35 price because they thought it was going to be the next big thing.

I will pick up another when they drop down to $10 again in a week.

It'll be good when in the next event Emrakul still kicks it out of the park in the top 8 and it instantly becomes Lilliana levels of expensive.

And it'll be even better when kaladesh hits and Delirium is x100 times easier to achieve and Emrakul becomes cheaper to cast than ever.

Maybe then Veeky Forums will realize that she's going to be a staple as long as she remains legal.

>I T G U D S O N G

G I T G U D S O N G I S G O O D S O N G

What do you all think of this?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragons-out-for-harambe/

someone at my LGS speculated on 20-30 elder deep-fiends back when they were worthless
i am sure he's been laughing all week now

>opponent draws planar outburst via their extra turn from emrakul

Bravo, the card is still shit you fucking faggot.