40k tearjerk thread

Because The 41st millenium is truly a time of misery and suffering.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tempestus_Scions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Taurus a race people could come to accept to the universe if they weren't written in such a stupid manner.

Hurr dur the main concept of the setting means nothing to us (chaos).

Hurr dur we are greatest scientists even though we're primitive space camels compared to the rest of the setting.

Hur during we are a small empire but we kill everything due to the first two.

If they were instead written properly as, we are ducking space America, we were a single planet of aliens who found cooperation and peace internally and the many blessings it brought now are using technology to take the same message to the universe; and our advances aren't all our own (assimilation of xeno into the Republic leads to new tech and troopers). Where there army wasn't just muh fire warriors and mechs with some hungry chickens on the side but more like 8-10 different races.

Fuck I hate what they made Gw makes me hate a thing I loved. 40k is dead let it die end times when.

Good job stringing a coherent sentence together. 5/10

people give space marines shit about poor writing and "plot armor" but tau are much much worse

Being a scion is suffering.
>Be scion
>Be one of humanities best warriors short of the marines
>Be hated by the grunts
>Be resented by the storm troopers
>Live for danger and to purge the enemies of man
>Get called a tin soldier

>>Be resented by the storm troopers

Stormtroopers still exist in the setting? I though scion tempestous was just their silly new latiny-dont-sue-us name

:(

Is this by the same artist who did an IG version of dead eldar?

Isn't there a Dark elder version of this?

Chaos doesn't mean much to any non-Imperium, non-Chaos faction. Even the Eldar and Dark Eldar. And that's probably for the best considering how the attachment to Chaos ruined Warhammer Fantasy in the end.

Reminder that the Imperium somehow manages to have a galaxy spanning empire despite being attacked on all sides, an unreliable FTL travel system that requires the use of a genetically bottlenecked and inbred subspecies to function, and its FTL communication system involves a game of Chinese Whispers with each point of reception needing to interpret the message through divination. All run by a bloated, factional, and inefficient bureaucracy.

>Tfw you got a bunch of faggots to guards your empty husk of a ship after you crash it into a world engine.

Shit was pretty cash

why would the dark eldar feel sympathy for anyone?

read 15 hours. the life of the average solider is short and brutal and for most all your get is nothing in death. for a few unlucky souls you'll get damnation at the hands of things you can never imagine or know

Yes and no, storm troopers exist at the regimental level like kasrkin and grenadiers and at the inquisitorial level, recruited from those groups or special inquisitorial camps, scions are a special group taken from special scholas as a whole regiment of storm troopers.
Not even the storm troopers like them because they have a commissar's discipline and top of the line special gear, they're seen as some imperial official's pet project that can't walk the walk, even though they can and do, that just makes them disliked for other reasons.

now show them the Alphic Hydras.

Gladly.

multiple red flags right there.

How do you mean?

I got some really retarded thought of how isha herself blesses the lions so that one day they could save her

Alpha Legion? Their symbol is a Hydra.

Having members inducted into Ultras? Feels like they're sleeper agents.

They sure seemed to have cultivated a close relation with those smurfs. would be such a shame if that trust got betrayed down the line.

headcanon accepted.

Tempestus. Storm. They are the same thing. Scions are Stormtroopers. Deal with it.

Read the codex, they are exactly what stormtroopers were but there are more of them now. Storm Troopers is a low Gothic name, like Imperial Guard.

trust no one, not even your ld9 troops

I think you forget the biggest thing:
why does humanity have the Emperor? What make humanity so special they get someone that rival the gods?
We forgot about that because it's part of the premises but there is no known in-universe reason for the Emperor to even exist.

Technically anyone could make an "Emperor" figure. It is just that the Warp isn't stable enough right now.

I see what you're getting at.
I see it more as the Ultras like having a competent bunch of humans around to help on missions so they give them a measure of favor, at least compared to normal guard groups, I also doubt they recruit from them if at all, otherwise you wouldn't get them to shut up about it instead it's just rumors.
I really like this.
They are storm troopers, yes, but they are not replacing all storm troopers, they're just elite storm troopers.

I think your classifying them like this

Storm Troopers are like regular police officers

While Scions are SWAT

Point to the storm troopers in said codex then.

How long he lay there, Malwrack had no way of telling. His shadow field was clear, so any danger was apparently past. Slowly he sat up. While he waited for his vision to stop swimming, he registered a pile of flaming wreckage, a half-dozen bodies clad in purple armour and the silent entrance to the tomb. Presumably, the necrons within were under no instructions to pursue invaders out here into the desert. He looked around for Sawor, but didn’t see her. He called her name, but there was no response from anyone. He called again, louder. Still no reply. With a twinge of panic, he limped to the bulk of the downed Raider.

He found her beneath one of the running boards, literally folded in half. Jagged pieces of the transport protruded from her in several places, the most gruesome of which exited through her gaping mouth. He made a mewling sound and dropped down to her side. He inhaled desperately, but there was nothing there. Her life essence, her soul, had dissipated. She was dead beyond any haemonculus’s resuscitational skill.

‘Get up,’ he said.

He stood once more and looked down at her shattered form.

‘Get up,’ he repeated. ‘I order you to get up.’

Malwrack realised with a start that he was powerless. No beating, no threat, no command would make her live again. This was not the way it was supposed to have happened, his kabal gutted, his successor gone. He activated the portal back to Commorragh, and strode purposefully through the gate, oblivious to the fact that as he did so, he was crying.

‘She’s gone!’ he cried from a place so dark, it made Baeda gasp. Malwrack could see now that Sawor had been no mere hierarch. She had been his sounding board, his strong-arm, his partner in all things. She had been his most prized possession, and he had loved her. He would never be complete again, and thus, there was no point in his life continuing. Sobbing, he waited only for a volley of splinter fire or a killing blow from Baeda to end it all.

Because we are just inexplicably superior like that. You might as well ask how Space Marines can overcome anything and kill whole alien races with a thousand dudes.

Xenos get rekt.

You could say that.
From what I understand storm troopers are from the guard while scions are from the administratum.
I don't know what you mean.

So we could (theoretically) stumble on an alien not-Emperor if he was made before the Age of Strife?
Well he would have needed to be really good at keeping a low profile for not being known during all those times, but still technically possible?

but the problem arises that if the lions SOMEHOW get though the gardens of nurgle to ishas cage whats to stop them from blowing her brains out? Or even worse she would suffer experiments far beyond that of nurgles tinkering performed by the inquisition

Or maybe that super immunity she gives them makes them her servants?

Both were always a special Administratum thing, like Commissars.

You know the Imperial Guard is part of the Administratum, right?

they'll probably be under the command of an inquisitor allied with eldar for that instance.

Because your pet race a shit.

such is the cost of fighting in paper planes, tights and standing out in the cold

sure, anything is possible. the problem is the warp is largely hostile so good entities tend to be eaten

i would hope an eldar god couldn't be caged by the inquisition

The fuck kind of weapon is he holding? Looks like a streetsweeper.

And then he took her to a haemonculus who grew her a new body and they laughed evilly.

Good End (?)

Grenade launcher, I think.

You would hope. We are talking about Eldar though.

I'm pretty sure the Ultramarines would do it somehow and give her to them.

Not really, the inquisition, IG regiments and the ordo tempestus all train stormtroopers. The effectiveness between them varies of course.

And almost everything is a part of the administratum they're bureaucrats, however the situation is more akin to the army training special forces and the department of defense training their own special forces.

That seems like something that text to speech series would do.

or you never know maybe isha actually likes getting experimented on and live in a rusty cage

Their is only ONE space marine capable of this

FORCE COMMANDER HAIR GEL

hes apparently stuck in the eye of terror so it could happen

"She was dead beyond any haemonculus’s resuscitational skill."

It says it right in the text. Come on user.

>Implying CATO SICARIUS wouldn't do it better in half the time.

Yes Isha gifted herself to the Blood Ravens.

IG regiments train Grenadiers such as Kasrkin.
Inquisition does what they want.

Yes, and those are all stormtroopers as well.

>What make humanity so special they get someone that rival the gods?

M A N I F E S T D E S T I N Y

Standard Guard-issue Grenade Launcher. No need to make a Stormtrooper-specific version if the old one works perfectly well.

>Dawn of War 3
>Macha and Gabriel meet
>out of fucking no where
>YO ANGELOS
>Force Commander? Your alive after all these years...alot has happened
>YEAH I KNOW ALOT HAS HAPPENED
>YOU BECAME CHAPTER MASTER WHILE I GOT STUCK IN THE GARDENS OF NURGLE
>AND CHECK IT OUT 100% LOYAL NO HERESY WHAT SO EVER
>AND ONE LASS THING GAVE TELL YOUR ELDAR GIRLFRIEND I GOT A PRESENT FOR HER

>he was too poor to afford the best
FTFY

>gigglinglhamaeans.webway

>I also doubt they recruit from them if at all, otherwise you wouldn't get them to shut up about it instead it's just rumors.

Discretion is something literally all Scions are required to have in copious amounts, given the incredibly sensitive nature of their work.

Also, "leaked" secrets are fantastic psychological weapons. The Inquisition is a classic example - neither confirmed nor denied to exist, the imagination of the listener creates a more awesome and terrifying picture than the truth ever could.

No, they are Grenadiers. There is a distinction. Glad to clear up your misinformation! :)

We weren't made by the Old Ones. Everyone else, save the Necrons and C'tans, were made by them. Even the Chaos gods were the product of the Old Ones dabbling in dimension building.
Humanity, on the other hand, dragged themselves out of barbarism with no divine aid. We reached for the stars and got them. We forged our own divinity. Now, we fight against the manufactured hordes before us, drawing our strength from within, not without.

Good point.
I do hope you're being facetious.

>no divine aid
Yeah, so remember when you were talking about Necrons? Yeah, uh, they might be the ones that implanted the Pariah-gene in humanity, so who knows if they did anything else?

Yeah we were, we just were monkeys they had tinkered with without any purpose in mind by the time they dieded. Then we evolved. Eldar have said so at least. The Oldcrons invented Pariahs a long time ago too, dunno about now.

No, it's true, friend.

>chaos gods
i believe this was a by product of the wars and all the emotional/psychic feedback into space hell

That's old-cron lore, man.
By the time humanity was on the scene the Necrons and C'tan had been thoroughly beaten by the Eldar and their gods.
The only time humanity and the C'tans bumped into each other was when a nascent Emperor kicked a wounded Void Dragon's ass.

>tin soldier

Really more fitting for Skitarii, shame to waste a good nickname.

It's actually "Big Toy Soldier".

Stormtrooper, a variant of the term shock trooper, formations created to lead an attack. Real grenadiers were strong men with better training and grenades that lead an attack. Grenadiers are shock troops, therefor grenadiers are stormtroopers.

>space hell
The Old Ones were developing the warp themselves as a "safe space" in the Immaterium to hide from the VERY material C'tans and Necrons while their biological toys dealt with them.
Unfortunately for the Space Toads, they didn't understand shit about the immaterium, and it turned to shit as soon as their pets started to die in droves.

No, stormtroopers are a specific thing in the Imperium.

Real life is non sequitur.

> what are the Tau?

Fuck yeah.

Emperor's Teeth, you guys! The Imperium is a big place! "Stormtrooper", "Grenadier", and "Scion" mean different things in different places.

Eldar project

> humans have no devine intervention
>has the big E be their mama bear.

keep telling yourself that bro.

It's been hinted at (especially in older stuff) that Tau were built up by something foreign, some external entity super evolved them and set them on track.

Plus Tau are a bunch of leightweight pussies that don't matter on the End times.

Some Eldar's pet project.
It's implied in that one book with the Ordo Xenos Magos that the Eldar took some crystal from an ant-like xeno and put it in the ethereal's heads.

The Emperor is a product of humanity.
While other races were made by gods, humanity CREATED their own god.

No, this is a centralized institution.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tempestus_Scions
>Several Imperial organisations, particularly the Imperial Guard, are known to employ Scions or in-house Scion equivalent's such as: Kasrkin, Catachan decil squads, Inquisitorial storm troopers, Grenadiers, and kill squad troopers.
Scions are.

Im shedding tears because those filthy xenos aren't dead

Weren't the people on guard duty volunteers?

And what chapters are guarding the 1000 something shrines dedicated to these guys?

I'm going to pull a trump card and say "My Guys, So Shut Up".
If blue orks can be good guys and Love Can Bloom on the battlefield, then you can call your guardsmen whatever the fuck you want.

>in-house Scion equivalents
>such as Grenadiers
Exactly.

Yeah, they're all stormtroopers.

>Fight so madly even the Orks are put off

>No, you're a stormtrooper!

I hope those guardsmen dont get blammed for touching hereteknology

As long as they aren't messing with it, I figure they should be fine.

No.

Show me a GW quote about these Storm Troopers post Scions.

>When the magos sees you removing toast from the toaster with a knife.

No such quote exists.

>There is no such sauce product!

Depending on the inquisitor, she'd probably be sent to the grey knights, or the one irreplaceable but dying man that could use a doctor that could heal any of nurgle's sicknesses.

>That's old-cron lore, man.

Nope, the pariah gene is still a thing and there is no explanation for its origin.

And the Necrons defeated the C'tan themselves and were so weakened by that great feat that they went to sleep to flee their surviving enemies.

>when a nascent Emperor kicked a wounded Void Dragon's ass.

You mean when the Emperor with his full power in the middle ages battled a wounded ans starved shard of the Void Dragon and the battle exhausted him. He admitted that destroying the shard was beyond his power. This shows how much of a weakling the Emperor is compared to the C'tan.

>The Emperor is a product of humanity.

You seem to forget that the Emperor gained his godlike powers FROM the Chaos Gods. The Chaos God made the Emperor what he is you HFY wanker.

>Removes Toast with knife as she bangs on the side of it with the ritual hammer of holy toast extraction

user, you are the last person that gets to talk about good writing.

I don't see how a human tricking/stealing/taking enough of the Dark Gods' power to make him their equal, then ascending to become their SUPERIOR, makes him any less HFY.

The pariah gene may not be explained fully, but at the very least it hasn't been fully accredited to the Necrons (because that would make fuckall sense. The immortal race of robots see a bunch of monkeys and say, "Gee, let's make it so 0.001% of them born without a soul before we take a million year nap".) and the Void Dragon fought the Emperor before he had taken the Chaos Gods' powers. So he was basically just a super buff human with some mind bullets. Nothing compared to what he is capable of now.

>makes him any less HFY.

It does when the Chaos Gods punished him for it like the Greek Gods punished Prometheus.

And he is not their equal. For him to face the Chaos Gods directly, means suicide for him.

Because HFY, that's why.

>You seem to forget that the Emperor gained his godlike powers FROM the Chaos Gods. The Chaos God made the Emperor
What? That's not true at all.