What happens when BTC futures begin?

What happens when BTC futures begin?

It either goes up or down.

I can say beyond a certainty of a doubt that it will rise or fall in value.

Volatility will decrease.

Bjork is genius. that is all

i have a feeling someone is pulling strings and purposefully pumping up bitcoin before this futures thing begins. That markets gonna TARE bitcoin up, lucky if we get a $10,000 value by end of year.

Likely going to happen. The addition of futures and the runup we've seen its likely it's a pump to short bitcoin.

I'm acting on the assumption that it's going to initially lower prices due to loads of money suddenly flooding the markets. That's why I'm waiting until Monday to buy.

It is Monday it's happening, right? Anyone know a specific time?

Big dick USD holders are going to manipulate BTC price with pocket change compared to how much USD they'll put into bets on whether it goes up or down.

If some of them already hoarded BTC in preparation for this, the first move is likely a flash crash after they have shorted it sufficiently.

If not, then the first move will be a price surge after they long BTC.

If two different groups of big money have competing ideas, the side that will probably win is the flash crash side unless the price surge side predicts what the flash crash side is trying to do and is either ready for them, having committed tons of extra fiat on exchanges to negate a possible counterdump to them trying to price surge first. The long/surge side would also need to react fast enough if a flash crash is attempted first with their own counterpump.

All in all I think a hypothetical flash crash side would be more prepared, more resourceful, more intelligent and more likely to strike first.

Expecting a bit of mooning in the start to inspire confidence for people to long thinking its a long term trend so they have people to bet against, then a major flash crash.

stupidest thing I've ever read

1. Manipulators (in collusion with the big banks) are currently pumping BTC as much as they can before the futures are available.

2. Once futures are available, institutions/banks will put in short positions for BTC

3. Manipulators start selling, causing the bubble to pop and BTC to come crashing down

4. Institutions close their short positions, making a massive profit

>loads of money flooding the market
>price lowers
the absolute stupidest thing i've heard all day

To bad a cme contract to short starts at 5btc

this is a really plausible and well thought out,
however likely an impending crash for these reasons might seem, as we stand does BTC's current market cap warrant a heavy short position from instituitional investors? If not, how much further would they let it run?

When are the futures coming?

>Goldman and JP Morgan both bought in around 3-5k
>GS already tried to crash it once, failed, then went quiet
>dimon hates bitcoin but pretends otherwise
what do you guys think? the normie media is covering bitcoins volatility which makes me think its a JPM scheme. dimon wants it out of Wall Street, Goldman wants to compete with chinks

why would the 'manipulators' need to accumulate BTC? The futures contracts going into play are the cash settled variety, no underlying asset is required to settle contracts. Also, everyone and their mother has limit buys ready to go in the event BTC drops in price. Which would cause any attempts at shorting to be null and void when all the limit buys hit.

I think he is assuming that all of the money will be shorting bitcoin.

so?

its the big money that wants to short it

this. traditional market strategies are slowly becoming irrelevant.

Exactly this and exactly what I have been saying for days now.