EDH/Commander General

"Fuck your lands" edition

Old thread: RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-8-9-16/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glory-of-the-boros-legion/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kataki-white-supremacy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/let-it-loose-feat-stangg-twin/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wizards-no-sense-of-right-and-wrong/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-10-15-weird-science/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/immortal-gains/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My meta is artifact heavy, seems like every deck is Sharuum or esper and I play Hokori bomb and U/W/B spirit tribal.
How do I go against artifacts without screwing myself over in Hokori bomb and without green (obviously)?

Play Red destruction artifacts until they stop playing artifacts.

Woohoo. Putting together a Meren deck:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-8-9-16/

Need to cut a card, and I'd like to fit in Jarad, Any thoughts? Also curious if my Land setup is alright, given I'm too cheap to buy the fetchlands and such at this point.

For Monowhite, Aura of Silence

For other colors, this guy in the picture, Vandalblast and Aura Shards

This was for

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glory-of-the-boros-legion/
reposting this because i want to make it faster.

Gonna toss in a cluestone, and the two commander lands. Any other ideas?

Bukakke, War's Wage mono white stax

If I cast a kicked Rite or Replication targetting Dragonlord Atarka do the 5 etb effects trigger? or just the one from the copy I chose to keep?

Your deck seems to rely much more on "entering the battlefield" abilities which is cool if it works out for you.

Honestly you have the basic stuff Meren decks have with whatever else you want to enjoy your deck which, as long as it works, is ok.

Mine relies more are tokens.

It's one of the cool things about Meren, she's easy to customize as long as you have the basic goodstuff.

maybe cut Eldritch evolution or Yisan for Jarad if you want? it really is up to you.

You could play Kataki, with a way to sacrifice him before your turn.

Yes.

The same way you want to replicate Kokusho with that same spell or with Blade of Selves.

I made a kataki deck and let me tell you, having an effect like that in the command zone is totally bonkers. Comes down turn two every game and often is worth several stone rains. Also not having artifacts in mono white leads to getting to run all the spicy white cards like pic related.

Why is light always so much better than darkness?

Just look at this pair right here, in lore they are mortal enemies of one another and supposed to be a pair of equal foes, yet the dark one is super shitty 4/4 with a watered-down Fear, while the glorious paladin of winged lions can rekt her easily and only gets better with enchantments to power him up.

When will dark cucks ever learn and submit to the bright and holy ways?

stony silence and null rod are good for hating out artifact based decks

Krond is a color intensive shitter who requires Auras, which are an invitation for getting 2-for-1'd. Vela is a combo piece that can kill the entire table.

Vela is fun with Eldrazi.

I tried playing Krond but had to switch to Segarda. It's hard getting that guy out and keeping him around enough to swing while enchanted.

pic-related is light cucks
faith, honor, duty, etc makes you blind

>Vela
>super shitty 4/4 with a watered down Fear
I think this would like a word with you. Also, infect.

I always found it funny how useless Intimidate is with 5-color creatures.

>You can't spook me! I know your tricks!

But anyone can spook an Eldrazi Titan.

Thoughts on Dream Tides vs a mana dork heavy meta?

Thoughts on a Merfolk tribal Zegana vs a Eldrazi Zegana deck?

Love me some bukkake thanks dudes

Don't run such degenerate cards, you'll upset your table and become the most hated player there. For that matter don't use any cards remotely like it, cards that add costs to doing things that were previously free are inherently unfun and toxic, examples:
Trinisphere
Lodestone Golem
Thalia Guardian of Threben
Aura of Silence (+2 cost to artifacts and enchantments)
Damping Engine
Defense Grid (+3 cost to spells during other players' turns)
Exiled Doomsayer (+2 cost to morphs)
Feroz's Ban (+2 cost to creatures)
Gloom (+3 cost to white spells)
Glowrider (+1 cost to noncreature spells)
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV (+1 cost to all spells opponeonts use)
High Seas (+1 cost to red and green spells)
Hum of the Radix (+1 cost to artifacts PER ARTIFACT YOU CONTROL)
Squeeze (+3 cost to sorceries)
Sphere of Resistance (+1 cost to all spells)
Thorn of Amethyst (+1 cost to noncreature spells)

Furthermore cards such as Blind Obedience, Frozen Aether, and Imposing Sovereign, Kismet, Orb of Dreams, etc AND ROOT MAZE are all also incredibly frustrating to play against, since all your shit comes into play tapped and you have to wait twice as long to use it.

There is also an enchantment known as
Colfenor's Plans or something which limits everyone to just 1 spell cast per turn and nobody can draw any cards, insane restrictions. Moral of the story: Don't use cards that restrict the actions of other players, let us play the game too

But user, I built a deck with some of those assholes just to fuck over my friend, Spike, and his value engines. It worked perfectly, and now he's trying to netdeck some Mizzex bullshit to grapeshot my deck t3. Hilariously enough, I don't think he's going to build something good enough to soothe his anus.

My group is fine with stax cards.

Let me rephrase the question.

Do you think it would be effective vs decks that use mana dorks to ramp/break symmetry?

Thanks for the decklist

are you retarded? Colfenor's Plans restricts YOUR OWN actions not everybody's at the table, shame on your group if he told you otherwise and you believed him, i bet it was one of the "veteran" players trying to fuck over newbies, disgusting

what the fuck are you supposed to do when opponents have overpowered decks and cards? just let them steal the game and combo off?

Do you have a list? I'm thinking about a mono-W deck that slows everyone down to my speed, with things like Spirit of the Labyrinth

Looking at Kataki on EDHREC, it's SO CHEEKY. I thought it was just stax, but it's all about sacrificing your own artifacts like Spine of Ish Sah for value.

i have a list, but alas, tapped out is currently down for me

>Toxic

Did somebody say fuck lands?

Running this in Oloro other fun stax:
Mana vortex
Tainted Aether
Winter Orb + Icy
Torpor Orb

do so

tell me more

Alright you want general stax or just esper specific?

I'd prefer general stax

Mycosynth wellspring is dope with kataki

Aite so for stax in edh it's pretty hard to pull off, you either go full blown stax, or you delay the game, and lose every game you play.

Generally you wanna stick to a subset of stax themes since in edh you can't rely on multiples, and consistency (although tutors are pretty much a requirement) and the major themes of stax are:

Gaining incremental advantage through shit like smokestacks, bottomless pit, contaimnation+bitterblossom, price of glory, drop of honey, etc.

Slowing/Taxing play, not limited to just mana increases like sphere of resistance, or propaganda, but also anything that makes it hard to play cards like aethersworn canonist, ensnaring bridge

Efficiency/Value card advantage, not only draw but stuff like bitterblossom that spawns tokens, or JtMS who can filter your draws, as well as handle threats

Every color can do stax equally well, mostly because winter orb exists but in general the themes by color are:

White: spot removal, taxation on spells/attacks, and random meta-specific hate. Stuff like containment priest, rest in peace, etc.

Blue: Mainly support through card advantage. Single target effects are usually worse in stax builds so you can't really rely on counterspells with blue. Blue gets relegated to mostly card advantage effects as well as land destruction through mana vortex/land equilibrium, and in some sense stasis

Black: Black does literally anything, but at the cost of increased resource consumption, although it's usually health so whatever. Black also has access to repeatable discard through things like oppression, bottomless pit, and painful quandary.

Red: Land destruction, creature destruction, artifact destruction, player destruction. Red is sort of support like Blue but in the opposite sense. Blue draws you cards and fixes your board state. Red just blows shit up quickly and cheaply, usually lands with ruination, jokulhaups, blood moon, price of glory, etc.

Green: Green is the oddball in any stax build. Since 99% of green's strategy is the opposite of stax. However that works, using ramp is a more permanent soultion than shit like cabal/dark ritual. Green also has some the strongest tokens in the game, although they're usually slightly more expensive. Green also can cheat creatures into play and works well with creature heavy stax archtypes. The worst color for stax, but still works just as well especially with commanders like gaddock teeg

A special mention to colorless/artifacts.

Black might be the best color for stax in general, but colorless/artifacts are the strongest cards in stax and core as fuck.

Stax changes the game from normal magic to something more like an rts like starcraft. Your gameplan shifts to a heavy macro style where you literally win the game by having more resources than your opponents.

Artifacts are the best cards by far in any stax build for not only stax style cards but most importantly above all else mana rocks. Since the best stax effects are the ones that control lands, mana productins alternatives are powerful in and against stax. Since the second best thing stax handles is creatures, mana dorks usually are sub-par.

Also Winter Orb is probably the most powerful card in stax EDH multiplayer. In duels it's less gamebreaking, but in multiplayer if you can catch a few people with their pants down you either remove them from the game, kill them, or someone else does. This gives you time to deal with other people since you're going to be public enemy number 1.

Also you have cruicible of worlds. Since most stax decks blow up lands this is like a weird mana rock. Also strip mine/wasteland/dust bowl locks can shut people down hard, especially in Green builds that make use of multiple lands per turn abilities.

Wow, this is super informative, thanks user!

If I wanted to build Red Green stax, or blue red stax, who would you suggest as a commander? I have a pretty good start with the artifacts and red, but I don't think I'll have enough good stuff just to run red.

>MTGSalvation
That place is fucking godawful tumblr tier. I used to be a super active member there but it went to total fucking shit.

Alright so on to deck building.

Like I said before EDH lacks the things that make stax good in other formats, mostly multiple instances of cards and deck consistency. Because of this you can't be as focused as classic stax decks and are more likely to just faceplant until you have your deck tuned to your playstyle and meta.

What i've personally found to be good is you want to either go with esper, mono color(any color), or a dual color combo that has an oppressive commander like gaddock teeg.

Second after color you need to decide if you're using creatures or not. If you're using creatures you get to learn all your favorite hate bears and your deck will focus less on board wipes and more on stuff like Grave Pact to handle creatures. Or you could just drop Moat and be done with it

Mono color decks are very interesting because unless it's mono-black it's game plan is to pick one thing that it can stax/tax the shit out of and push that to the max. Good monocolor commander's i've seen are usually really fucking cheesy. Norin the wary is the first one that comes to mind. I had a friend that ran that and it's entire goal was to use Norin to blow up the entire board every couple turns and then win eventually with a salvaging station combo.

Dual color stax is player for the commander pretty much. You get a ton of benefit for dipping into a third color in any stax build so you're going dual color for the commander 99% of the time. Dual color plays like tri-color stax, you're just lacking versatility and make up for it with a focused commander effect.

Triple color stax is probably the best arctype in EDH. "But the job is to blow up lands and constrict resources". Yes, but in EDH since games are larger, longer, and you can't run multiple cards you can't totally control the game 100% like a legacy stax deck can. Because of this leeway you can run three colors without problem. Unlike 2 or 1 color stax, you're playing the deck for the colors, >to be cont.

Remind me to answer that in a bit.

Go on, do your thing, I'm eagerly reading.

>Continued
So since you're running colors and not necessarily a commander you need to first decide what colors you want to use and what themes you want to go for.
Also esper is probably the best stax color because it has the most options available and some of the best commanders, however some other A tier color combos are grixis, jund, and whatever the fuck dega is called by the kids nowadays.
Anything else will work, but you'll be limited in options and will have to work harder/rely on non-stax effects for victory.

Once you've got colors figured out you gotta choose if you're going creatures (which will almost always be hatebears) or non-creatures (which will almost always be enchantments+planeswalkers). You can do only artifacts too, but every stax deck runs artifacts so they'll make up a large portion anyways.

You haven't lived until you've played Zegana with only Clones and Maros.

Alright back to this since anything I go on to now will be deck specific at this point. Red Green stax always always always catches people by surprise because it's usually a creature heavy aggressive style. You're main gameplan with those colors would generally be to blow up the fucking board as soon as anything touches it. Red lacks enchantment control, but green covers that. Also a fun thing you can do is run the Blood Moon effects or cards like Ruination, and just use basics for your land base since Green is the god king SSS tier of land tutoring/ramp. Also you can't really avoid running creatures with this kind of build and won't be able to touch people's hand without the help of artifacts so I don't know many of them but your go to hatebears will be Scavenging Ooze, or Torch Fiend style cards.

In green you have one of the most frustrating stax effects of all time in Vorniclex and Root Maze for a super cheap Kismet in color.

For commanders I might run Mina and Denn, Wildborn
Radha, Heir to Keld could fill an interesting niche
Ruric Thar is expensive, but the effect can just completely shut out some decks.
Butttttt..................................
Honestly you're kind fighting against the current with R/G stax, so i'd personally go izzet and run something like
Jhoria of the Ghitu
Keranos, God of Storms
or
Nin, the Pain Artist

Jhoria looks to be the strongest especially if you get out something like Land Equillibrium/Ward of Bones because once you hit your curve of fucking 3 you can start playing. You have red to hose their mana rocks and they just won't be able to do shit.

So what do y'all think of Coercive Portal? Seems like a pretty good colorless draw engine to me, but I feel like it could backfire easily if the majority of opponents, especially in a 3 player game, consider you the scariest threat. Obviously having win conditions that can go off immediately, like a big haster, work best with it, but is it viable in a deck where you need your engines to stay on the board for a while?

Also what are some other good mass artifact and enchantment hate cards besides it? Good ones I've seen so far include Bane of Progress, Wave of Vitriol, Austere Command, Nev's Disk, Magus of the Disk and Akroma's Vengeance. Got more?

Oh I guess i'll expand on the others.
Nin is one of the best commanders in general and just happens to be in color. It'd be more of a support general that you'd run to occasionally draw cards when shit hits the fan.

Keranos is extremely good, especially in multiplayer. Free damage keeps people down and can turn into a win condition, and getting a card with all your lands is insane.

Could be good, but I feel like it's in an awkward spot. If you're ahead they just choose blow shit up. If you're behind it'll probably get blown up for fear of it blowing up other people's stuff.

Will be suuuuper strong in 1v1/2v2/etc.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kataki-white-supremacy/
The deck in its current state. Favorite card by far is soltari visionary. It synergizes with soul sculptor.

See, I was actually planning on building Ruic Thar as it is, and he seemed like a half-decent commander for stax based on what you described, apart from the high cmc. Also, obliterate is coming in that FtV:Lore so I'll have one of those fairly shortly.

Now, what it really boils down to, is I'm already running a pretty serious control setup in my Brago deck. In general, I try to either combo off with Brago/Deadeye, lock the board down with winter orb/tangle wire, or abuse the shit out of kuldotha forgemaster for blightsteel in a locked down board. I have a pretty decent setup for Darrietti artifacts I could build, in theory but I want to invest in something absolutely bonkers that will take a while to build up. Between all the commanders you've suggested, Nin seems like the best choice, and I think Jhoria is awesome, but she seems a little linear for my tastes. Now, I do have a lot of nonbasic land hate available in red, and an Urabrask that's just sort of chilling, so maybe I could make something good.

In general, I run a lot of ramp into aggro and a lot of face smashy decks, so I'm looking forward to a neat challenge. I have cards in every colour available, including every Praetor, Eldrazi Titan, and a plethora of ways to cheat things out if that helps.

It's not a viable engine of any sort. It just blows up, punishes a few players who extended (not even overextended), and you're out of a card. It's also quite slow, so if someone doesn't want either option to go, the card is gone with no effect aside from costing them a potential trigger or card.

Not worth the slot, ever. There's really only one Will of the Council card to ever consider, and it's Council's Judgment.

Pardon?

Go with your heart. I actually love old Ruru. Especially when you consider 99% of EDH players want to run uninteractive decks that are combo/spell based mostly.

Also I ran Darrietti for a bit and he gets old pretty quick imo and isn't super strong. Theoretically he's a powerhouse but once you start counting the number of turns you need to activate abilities it becomes less appealing.

you could go for the pw's that spawn tokens and use them to feed cards like Smokestacks and Drop of Honey. On the red side, War's Toll would be good to dissuade attackers especially when you consider the sheer combat power of R/G in general.

Some cards I'd run:
Keldon Firebombers
Uba Mask
Winter Orb(+Icy manipulator if you can spare the space)
Urza's Glasses depending on your meta
Null Brooch also depending on your meta
Wildfire (one of my favorite cards of all time and one of my first proto-stax decks used this)
Avalance Riders and the non-echo version whos name escapes me
Blood Moon and all the similar effects
Vorniclex
Nature's Wrath in the sideboard
Orchish Settlers could be useful although expensive to activate
Goblin Assault to replace bitterblossom for Smokestacks fodder
Any of the bazillion artifact/enchantment wipes in Red/Green

The biggest threat in a build like this would be that your best creature destruction comes from damage spells in red which are generally not amazing. At the same time you could use Goblin Welder to just permanently keep smokestacks under your control. That best part of a ruric thar build is that you kinda hose other stax decks, you naturally punish a lot of EDH decks, and you could potentially race aggro decks for damage with the damage/creatures in those colors.

>WWWGGG
>no protection
>requires enchantments to be anything other than an average beater
real impressive

I want to add, I've played some really effective Keranos stax decks, he survives most red wipes short of Apocalypse and provides a grindy wincon/removal engine. I ended up playing a ton of MLD and using keranos to draw into more lands faster and as a wincon through lightning bolting people to death. imo he's the definition of a grindy control/stax deck.

>unfun and toxic

Legends must have been a complete shit show to play during. I feel like I learn of a new stupid card printed in legends every other day. I wish I was playing then.

Man, you're a champ. Thanks so much user, you've taught me a lot today and suggested something I'd actually want to build. I have some of the more cost effective things you suggested, I'm going to go with my gut and build it. I was thinking something like drop xenagos, drop something indestructible, then blow everything up and swing for the game in a couple of turns. I'll post the list here at some point, thanks again!

I've been playing since I was in 3rd grade back right before Urza's was released. I literally learned to play the game in the strongest set of all time. You have no idea how foreign the game feels to me nowadays sometimes and how actually lucky I know I am to have been playing for so long and just happen to have a collection that's exploded in price.

>Sharuum
>not one single mention of RiP/Leyline of the Void

They're generally enough to keep Sharuum players on their toes. Merciless Eviction on Artifacts is also pleasantly painful for them, and Containment Priest stops Conjurers Closet nonsense.

>sarcasm

>sarcasm
>with text
I appreciate the joke but this rarely ends well

Thanks man, stax is one of my favorite archtypes of all time and my Oloro stax deck is one of my babies (along with my Animar deck) and I have way too much knowledge of stax to fit into one deck so I'm happy to share it. I'll be looking forward to the list because the more I think about ruric stax the more I like it.

Like theres too much shit going on or what? Whats the feeling if you can explain it?

Things that I think are good or bad don't match up with what wizard's current design things are good or bad.

Streamlined design is probably the biggest thing. Sets feel very similar to me because they're designed with many formats of play in mind instead of just let's make cards that represent the ice world. Old magic was less concerned about the competition, although they did think about it, so the set design philosophy was more open and more about "what does the card do and does it capture it's flavor/lore" and less about "what purpose does this card serve and does it fit in with the lore".

Kinda on the same topic the lore shift is pretty jarring to me even to this day. Old magic all took place in the same world and the sets were about the characters/events that were happening at that time. New magic is more sitcomy and is about the same characters going around and the things that happen to them. I guess old magic was more about the world and characters came and went and new magic is more about what k-k-k-kraazy adventures will our heroes get into next.

Also power level. Older cards are waaaaay stronger, but the game was slower to some extent. Newer cards also have a sense of false power. Idk how to describe it but the new cards like pretend to be powerful and do well in standard but because i've seen actually strong cards they're just overcosted or underperforming to me. I also kinda feel like design is in a slump.

tl;dr older cards were way stronger but the game was slower and they didn't feel as good. New sets are too streamlined and predictable to some extent. Lore has always influenced set design but it used to be less like a sitcom.

Not necessarily saying it's worse or bad nowadays, just different.

You rite. Its a bunch of symptoms of the world today.

The sitcom feeling is exactly that. Hasbro wants Magic to have a main team and a story that flows through each set because thats what sells. Without some serious internal fighting in the future I imagine we will have a yugioh situation on our hands. Hell it might have happened already and we're just not privy to it.

Unless you flicker stuff often.

Dat neoliberalism mang. But I don't think we'll quite get to the yugioh levels, although every time they print a card that references another card specifically by name I do get a bit uneasy.

>although every time they print a card that references another card specifically by name I do get a bit uneasy
What do you mean by this? Examples?

Well there are some pretty good enchantments out there... He isn't the worst 6 mana beater, at least he has 6 power and 6 toughness, many at this cost don't even meet the bar

Yay i love this part, i get to show people Gisela...

He's got a tough mana cost, so you probably won't be able to cast him perfectly on-curve.

And when she merges with her lesser half...

Behold the fusion of two into one, mtg's very first fusion monster

I was really pissed off at this whole fusion bullshit. It's opening the door for all sorts of bad things to happen and I'd rather not have syncro summons pop up all over the place, and other game-ruining bullshit.

>Their total P/T match the melded creature's P/T
Neat.

Stil got some slots open. Looking for some good fatties but am open to other suggestions

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/let-it-loose-feat-stangg-twin/

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/let-it-loose-feat-stangg-twin/
You actually included my suggestions. Awesome, super awesome user. What do you want your fatties to do in particular? Either way, Deus of Calamity is pretty darn good. Giving Heartless Hidestugu haste might be what you use to win the game if you have board presence.

Here's one more, this is my favorite card in the whole set, when the town and the townsfolk meld into the writhing township

I'll check them out. Thanks user!

Actually, you may be right about the lore.
But the card design is actually healty and more focused on creatures. We had amazing spells in the past, and now we have creatures to play with the old spells.
Legacy creatures base are composed mostly by recent designs like Swiftspear, Deathrite Shaman, Siege Rhino, Tirelsss Tracker and Prized Amalgam.

Hey everyone I could use a hand with tuning up this Melek deck I made a first pass at last night

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wizards-no-sense-of-right-and-wrong/

I fucking hate cucks like you, just quit the game and lay yugioh retard

Honestly stax and restriction cards are like a safety blanket, you are dependent on them and not used to letting other people move at the same speed you do. You have to slow them down to feel safe.

If you can face powerful, fast cards like this without a safety blanket, you're much better off.

And just in case you think i'm a hurr durr big green hexproof player, Hexproof is another problem, in the same vein, people are afraid to let them interact with their cards so they want a kind of protection.

idgaf
If I want to play stax I'm going to play stax. I don't care if you don't like it, if you can't deal with it quit the game and play something else. or build something that beats it but I'm gonna play Arcane Laboratory and keep a hand of counterspells

Oh, okay. I won't play any of those silly offensive cards.

I'll just run Gaddock Teeg and Aura Shards.

Earlier an user was talking about building 5 color Zada, Hedron Grinder and since then I have found the idea irresistible.

The mono-red Zada deck, which I have built, tends towards shitting out a bunch of tokens, using targeted cantrips to draw an obscene number of cards, and pumping said tokens to huge levels using creature based rituals.
It's great fun, it can win by incremental creature advantage, by turning creatures sideways, and by entering into this obscene combo-like fury which wins in a single turn, possibly at instant speed.

And I want more.

It would have General Tazri at the helm, which makes fetching Zada trivial, and should have the finest token generators and cantrips available. Are there any offball suggestions or must-haves that aren't super obvious?

I'm thinking a
Jeskai Ascendancy
Cryptolith Rite
Intruder Alarm
package can generate mana and act as cantrip enabling
Bitterblossom
Secure the Wastes
Monastery Mentor
Dread Summons
Goblin Trenches
Grizzly Fate
Hangarback Walker
Tempt with Vengeance
Necrogenesis
sort of thing as token generators, as well as 2 for 1 creatures like Mogg Warmarshal, and
the Wisps cycle
shadow Rift
Slip through space
give//take
Hunter's Insight
Shelter
Swift Maneuver
Withstand
are all pretty good cantrippy things
Unfortunately I'm having trouble thinking of good rituals beyond Brightstone and Battle Hymn

Aura Shards is fair, damn it!

Best commander for a hydra tribal?

Galvanoth is very underwhelming. People think it's great because you get a free Twincast with Melek but truth is your spells are very situational and having Galvanoth run them out there isn't that great. I'd rather use Cryptic Command at the moment it'll win me the game rather than being able to bounce two unimportant things and draw two cards. Also he's terrible with X spells.

Can you realistically kill people with Grapeshot? Remember that a copy of Grapeshot doesn't get a Storm trigger so casting it off Melek only nets you an extra Grapeshot, not twice the storm. If not, cut it.

Frantic Search is awesome. Nets mana with any cost reduction/twincast effects and gives some serious card filtering.

Phyrexian Metamorph/Clever Impersonator are godsend. They either copy your ramp or the best permanent on board.

Dack Fayden. Just being able to get any artifact for 3 mana is gross. If he then loots for you he's already done way too much work. Some decks can't beat a well timed Dack.

Here's my storm list: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-10-15-weird-science/

We had synchro summons in alara dingus

Should i try to rebuild this deck or should i scarp it and use the parts for something else? If the latter what should i build out of the remains? Maybe Athreos or Vish-kal i was thinking.

Forgot the list
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/immortal-gains/

Xenagod