Drafting

>Drafting
>10th pick, nothing good on colour
>Take Harness the Storm
>"Maybe I can make a dumb casual deck with it."
>Finally look at card to try to build a dumb deck
>"You still pay its costs"
Holy shit this card is dumber than I though
I mean I guess it could work in some sort of EverBolt deck or with Rituals but it is way worse than I thought.

Card you thought were better before you ACTUALLY read them thread.

Might be fun in flashback.dec
>from your hand
Fuck it.

Drag Under 2U Return target creature to it's owner's hand. Draw a card - thought it was an Instant cuz what the fuck!?
Spreading Flames 6R Deals 6 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures. Not players, just creatures. Fucking garbage.

Also when I first started playing mtg when I just turned 11, I had this happen to me a lot. I mean I didn't have any cards that made me sacrifice something, I don't remember the rules booklet mentioning that mechanic too. So I ended up trading Counterspell for Dredge thinking it destroys a creature or land and you get a card.
Also I traded a Blurred Mongoose for Keldon Berserker and other crap. I though the Berserker got bigger if you controlled a tapped land, but it turned out it got bigger only when you control NO UNTAPPED lands so that sucked. Fucking people, I swear , those were adults who made those trades fully aware that I knew not what cards were worth something. Don't trust people since.

Looks like a niche build-around cantrip-storm card. Kinda want to build something fucking stupid out of it, if I hadn't already made a R/U Prowess deck n times.

Spreading flames is so expensive because WoTC thinks the game will implode if red gets any form of card advantage.

Red can only get "lol so randum" effects nowadays.

>costs 3 mana to play it
>it has to be instant or sorcery
>it has to be cast from hand
>it has to be in your graveyard
>you still have to pay the costs

Can you put any more restrictions on this fucking card?

It could exile the spell after you cast it

Spreading Flames is expensive because it is already a plague wind in most limited games.

That would be great in an un-set

Not in a set full of 2/3s with occasional 2/4s. The times I played it I always had leftover damage

Fair. I do feel it is appropriately costed for an uncommon though.

Anyway, here is mine. I thought it said Exchange. I was so excited.

4 Harness the Storm
4 Cantrip
4 Cantrip
4 Cantrip
4 Cantrip
4 Ritual
4 Ritual
4 Ritual
4 Prowess

???

It's costed fine, I wish it could target players like other Pyrotechnics-style cards

For a 3 mana enchantment you're better off with Pyromancer's Swath and storming out

B-But we were afraid that someone would find an use for it!

I didn't see "combat" on my first read.

Bedlam Reveler and Tormenting Voice + Madness are probably better than everything white have ever had.

And I thought it was an Ooze when I first read it.

Why isn't it an Ooze?

They could also force you to discard your hand when you cast it.
Although it could be maybe better that way.

I thought that she exiled herself AND another creature. So she could be unkillable, but costing 2 life every turn.
But no, it's not that way.

Cumulative Upkeep {R}

Tree of Perdition

literally what?

Never have I ever saw a MTG thread on Veeky Forums before. This is to be cherished.

Have you ever been to Veeky Forums before?

In standard?

I thought the same thing.

I know right?, Its ability is so ooze-like too.

>tfw when you find out lord of atlantis isnt actually a 3/3

>Up to one
Why would you ever do this? Activating her 0 and not exiling her is literally worthless

The concept there is that the actively hostile towards Emrakul Geists are rising up the forests, so when they attack things they spread the geists. It's not a bad card, especially with all the pumping green can do.

>a red instant or sorcerery

Plus the flavor text references Rooftop Storm, so that's a bit of a punch in the nads too seeing as that's all about casting stuff without paying costs

trigger etb effects

>you have to control a wizard to activate this effect
>this effect can only be activated once per turn

Things don't come back until your next upkeep. That can be used to get rid of a blocker or stall a threat.

He's commenting on the up to one clause, not the target creature clause.
He's wondering why the hell anybody would activate her +0 to exile nothing, and why they'd even include the option.

not having it might force you to have an available target to activate the ability.

Oh. Whoops. I definitely cheated at some limited events.

could this mean brago is coming back at the beginning of the next set?

but she can exile herself if there aren't any creature targets

Drag Under and that 1U - Draw a card plus an additional card for each card name X in your graveyard are both reprints of old, good Instants at Sorcery speed. Repulse and Accumulated Knowledge.

I was so mad when I found out it had been oracled.

I would suppose if you were mindslaving your opponent and wanted to use it, but not reset the walker and they have no creatures to exile, but it's about the only corner case I can see.

It never was a 3/3. It used to not be a Merfolk.

>UR
>Not Black
Unplayable
seriously, why do monoblack edgelords pull this shit every time?