client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

I had a dream.... Once. __________

Jumpers! What´s your approach to fighting people who have angered you in the past? Do you still offer them a chance, or do you go all in?
Pic related.

Wait for it. . .

And i forgot pic. Goddamit

>Figures I berign typing this just as the last thread closed
Slight delay in STALKER build, because I noticed changes I forgot to make in Metro.
>NO ITEMS WERE REMOVED, NO COSTS WERE CHANGED. THOSE WORRYING ABOUT THEIR BUILD MAY MOVE ALONG

Changes include:
New post-jump bonus for military grade rounds
Buff to passive effect from A Walk To Remember, cooldown added for active effect
More stuff in notes section
Lots of grammar fixes

I was being jumped by some ignignogs and I killed them. All except one. He died by making a bomb and trying to kill me but caught himself on fire because propane tanks make poor bombs when using his set up. Then he got runover by a car. His brother ignignogs then tried to take revenge by ganging up on me but apparently I am a really good knife thrower/fighter in my dreams.

So, I've decided to start a chain off with a gauntlet--sort of a test from the Benefactor to see if I'm capable and competent enough to be an entertaining jumper.

Any suggestions as to which one?

Red hook.

22. King Arthur/Dresden Files
Drop In
Age 27
Natural Disease Immunity
Half-Blood (Dragon) (800)
Fisher King (500)
Sword Plant (300)
Magic (-100)
Pentaki Bench (-600)
Dragon Soul (-900)
Ara (-1000)
Cetus (-1100)
Mensa (-1200)
The French, Hunched Back, By The Book, The Knight, Excalibur, Dragon's Bride (0)

This is going to be a rough couple of years, I feel. Between the French, the Book, and Excalibur I'm hardly going to have any respite from idiocy, and the hunched back is a bit of an annoyance as well. The Knight has a small chance of being a problem; the drawback says he's seeking fame, which means there's a good chance he's a nobody. The Dragon is the main hindrance, but I have more than a few tricks up my sleeves that should help me escape a couple of times, and the fact that he wants me alive rather than dead will also help out a lot. Twilight Imperium and Thousand master are also going to be a great help here.

What would half-dragon get me here? Someone mentioned last thread that Dresden dragons are serious business, but they didn't elaborate. And how does the base Magic perk stack up against Dresden magic, which I can get instead per the notes section?

Monopoly.

Robot Unicorn Attack

Light of Terra.

>Darkest Dungeon
>RUA
>LoT

Why do you all hate me so?

Something I've always wanted to know, but never got around to asking: what happens to J6 post-jump? It'd be a shame to build up something like that and just leave it behind. I'm a sucker for objet d'art.

Rolled 1 (1d4)

Right, screw it, I'm rolling for it.

1. Light of Terra
2. Monopoly
3. Darkest Dungeon
4. Robot Unicorn Attack

...Well, fuck.

Another thing I forgot to put in.
I believe it was supposed to be either a warehouse attachment or a deployable structure
gotta head out in a few minutes, but I'll get back to you with the specifics
also last minute build

13. S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Drawbacks: The Dreams (1300)

Backgrounds: Changed, Ukraine Zone

Skills: Free Zone Touched, Discount Night Vision (1200), Discount Mutation [natural weapons] (1000), Discount Marked by the Zone (700), Radiation Sponge (400), Supplied (200)

Items: Helmet (450), Bear Detector (350), Free Survival Gear, Bolts (300), Vodka (250), Sausage (200), Tier 1 Burn Artifact (0)

Just take the tomb spyder and no drawbacks, beyond the required.

I would have suggested the Great Game, but it's not totally finished.

I hunt them like prey, and torture them to death slowly.

I have no special affinity for cats, but that's what it's easier to compare it to.

On the plus side you can still take Bodymod before you start.

I might have to--I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to drawbacks, but I'm not suicidal!

Really? I thought that it was after your first jump?

>first jump LoT

good luck, jumper

You just can't take it before Pokemon Trainer, or anything before Pokemon Trainer.

Thank you! Sweet Emperor I will need it.

Oh! Cool! Well that...might actually be a very large part of what keeps me from dying here.

Take the luck perk in the beginning. It should let you get away with some really shitty writing at least once a section.

So...one blatant ass-saving per section?

I think I could get away with that.

Now, off to make my build!
Actually, would anyone be interested in me posting that once I'm done?

If you write something for it, I at least would love to see it!

Yo.

Tell us your story. LoT isn't quite instakill, but some sections come very close.

Um, wow! Okay, I'll definitely post as soon as I'm finished then!

How do you guys manage to not get bored of a chain? I usually start losing track of my perks around the 20th Jump and get bored way before 50, how do you keep your chain young and fresh?

I experiment with absurd stuff that can kill me.
Like making Eldrazi-Tyranid hybrids!

Stick to a theme

I build for a theme. Keep building i to it to be the best. Then if it seems like Im getting bored I try for little projects like seeing if I can cause a rebelion and overthrow the jumps government without doing anything but talking to people.

give some theme examples plz

Elemental: Fire, darkness, electricity, etc
keeps your powers from getting stale
Motivational: Friendship, Justice, Science, etc
keeps your plots/character from getting stale

How to get WAU into the pod

LoT wouldn't make for a horrible first jump if can take BodyMod before hand and you have some real life tactical training and or experience.

>>theme examples
>Economic-Political ideologies: democracy, communism, capitalism, theocracy, etc
>Philosophical-Political ideologies: freedom, liberty, ethnic determinism, anarchism, etc
>Religious dogma: pick a religion, any religion, fictional or otherwise
>Personal growth: learn all the science, become the most wise, "what does it mean to be X"
>Personal satisfaction: take the best of every world and make it yours, by force or otherwise
>X building: build the biggest / best harem, fleet, cult, library, collection of medicine, collection of viruses,
>Interpersonal: find a family, build a family, save families, do any of the above replacing family with love
Think of a story with some characters, real characters not shitty six billion episode shows, and look at how the story uses them to answer questions and explore things.

Personally I did a lot of low-power jumps at the start, then gradually built up the power level until the high level ones later.
If you keep your jumper abilities and gear organised, it's easier to stay interested and work out where your remaining weaknesses are, or what you can do with what you've got.
Aforementioned themes are good but vary it from time to time, it's good to break up a knight build with the occasionally going wizard or something.
Also, writefagging. Lots of setting research and writefagging. Even if it's just snippets of scenes or conversations that you imagine happening during your jump.

Get the USB drive with the data on making AIs, and make your own WAU.

Shivers. It's canonically completed by an ordinary person in 24 hours.

Light of Terra Part 1 Build:

Companion: Tomb Spyder. Why does it feel like I’m going to be 40% necrodermis by the end of this? Also;
>Instruments of Destruction
Is this…a meme or something that I’m not getting? At any rate, {-600CP=-600CP}.
Perks:
Melee Training: This may save my life here on the ship—the vast majority of weapons seem to be crude, cold-forged spears and swords after all. {-150=-750}
Luck of the Damned: Oh sweet baby Emprah, I will need this. I will need this so very, very much. {-200=-950}
Cybernetics:
None! I don’t think that I could hope to properly afford them!
Items:
Cadian Ka-Bar: A big ‘ol ax-sword! Cool—I’ll probably feel like Berserker holding this thing. {-50=-1000}

Cont.

Tribes, Allies and Enemies:

Kin of Iron: Allies. They know the most about the ship, and I would be horrified to have them as foes.

Wargars: Enemies. A fierce foe to be sure, but one that I believe can be conquered without putting my allies at undue risk. {+200=-800}

Void Walkers: Allies. They know how to survive outside the ship—perhaps they can teach me and those others I forge an alliance with?

Pale Sons: Enemies. While they are many, alone they are weak and twisted from their mutations. Plus, I could probably play them off both the Wargars, and my other enemies… {+200=-600}

The Redeemers: These guys! They’re trying to purge everyone on the ship, which kind of automatically puts them at odds with me. The good thing though? I could probably loot one of those Eviscerators and just go to town. {+200=-400}

The Aquil Lejens: Allies. I need some sort of militaristic people on my side, right? These guys seem the most reasonable of the bunch. Also, the soldier-like attitude could prove very useful.

Shipboard Complications:

The Lights: Hoo boy. While this does make things dark as hell—and that it bad, make no mistake—the worst part is that it unleashes a fucking Grue on everyone on the ship until we can get it all back up and running. Damn, this is gonna be really hard. {+200=-200}

Xenos Horrificus: And now we get to deal with pseudo-tyranids! In the dark! With a Grue! Maybe I was lying when I said I wasn’t suicidal, it certainly seems that way! {+200=0}

Story for part one and build for part two incoming.

Big question guys:
Strike Witch jump, rolled an 8 for my location, which I can choose any nation and familiar, now which one should I go for?

Canada for the Wolverine? South Africa for the Honey Badger?

>rolled an 8 for my location
Nice, I had to pay for my location / animal choice.

Go Australian Dingo, you get to be the fun obnoxious one and nobody will know how to deal with your ass. Bantz and magic, what can go wrong with that combination?

>Australian Dingo
Ooooh that's a good one too...URK!

Canadian Wolverine
South African Honey Badger
Australian Dingo

...welp, that's one more choice. Dammit user.

If you've got shapeshifting and some solid charisma / lying perks you could really mess with people and say you're a Jackalope, deer horns and bunny ears, from Florin and you're tired of everyone fucking everything up, so you're here to save the day.

India. Get a cool aesthetic, and a fucking tiger for a familiar.

A-anons, look, thank you, bu-but I don't need more choices please.
And yes, I have some shapeshifting perks...b-but please, no more choices.

Neat. Just so you know you don't /have/ to equal zero in each part, you can carry totals, positives and negatives, right through to the end. You only need to be on zero (or positive CP but why waste it?) at the end of part three.

Just to check, you know the CP has to equal 0 at the end of the entire jump, not necessarily the end of each part, right?

> Cinnamon Brown Witch
> Exotic Indian Accent
> Tiger Familiar

B-but I don't want to waifu myself user...

Yep. Also:

(Right, story time!)
So, I’m at my computer, the only thing keeping me awake being copious amounts of Diet Pepsi, when I start hearing voices. Well, only one voice really, but layered over itself, dozens and dozens of times until what it’s trying to say is incomprehensible.

Then She shows up.

She’s short—about four-and-a-half feet by my estimate, with auburn hair, and a red sundress with black polka-dots all over it.

There’s also an infinite void of nothingness where Her eyes should be.

She makes Her pitch; She, a near omnipotent being has been watching our world for some time, rather enraptured with the adventures we’ve had and the discoveries we’ve made. But lately She’s grown bored—there’s been nothing much to watch, after all.

So She has a proposition for me: a test. She’ll send me to a hostile world, with nothing for free but the clothes on my back and a bit of a physical booster shot. Anything more, I would have to pay for in the only currency that matters; my suffering for Her entertainment. Should I survive, and, more importantly, prove entertaining, She’ll send me to another world, this time with a bit of a stipend with which to pay for my powers.

Of course, if I die, that’s it. Game Over. Seems She’s not the resurrecting type.

Hah. “Near” omnipotent indeed.

I accept. Why wouldn’t I? Reality as we know it is dull as dishwater—sometimes my life feels so sedentary that I actually lose track of what day it is for days at a time. What could be more exciting than going on an inter-universal road trip, perhaps even getting superpowers out of the deal?

She smiles. It’s a sight that would haunt me for many years to come. The darkness lying within Her eye-sockets seems to swallow me, and I black out.

Have you considered how hilarious it would be if you were a Costa Rican sloth? Yes, I know the slow animal in the fast vehicle thing has been done but it'd be a great way to troll people for a decade. Plus, hot latina accent.

>> Cinnamon Brown Witch
For your brown-aesthetic selection.

Read, but with Turkish Rosewater, Lazy Cuddleslut, and Latina Accent: I was going to post that actually.

>Go Australian Dingo,
>Not a spider
>Or a snake
>Or a jellyfish

So I got some inspiration to work on jumps on my backlog and realized something about the Control Jump. Attached is the joke preview, hold your horses.

There isn't that many perks and items I can pull up without adding OC into it. Asset building and customization is fine, once I get it set up, but the rest might drive too far away from the show and into real investment business stuff.

Should I do so anyway?

You can't pull 4 perk lines from an entire anime?

(So what do people think, should I keep going?)

>>Not a spider
Never.

>>Or a snake
Tolerable.

>>Or a jellyfish
Worst slime-variant

Yes, but you should refrain from putting parentheses around your text because that's just weird.

It's the items that's really bothering me.

Also it seems dishonest to put in perks that deal with actual business skills in a setting where that's flavor for formalized duels with the personification of people's futures.

Okay, I've got it, how about this?

Native Hawaiian, Hoary Bat, Okinawan Tone. Lazy casual pervert murderbot.

Ah, got it.

The problem with paying too much CP for early survival in LoT is that you'll have none left to upgrade the ship at the end, which is kind of the point of the whole thing.

Most of the stuff on offer is only worth looking at if you've been stripped of your powers and basically useless after the jump (or once you get a few jumps under your belt, in this case).
You're generally better off spending your CP on a few additional lance batteries or a set of backup void shields to make your LoT as good as possible.
You just have to be able to survive long enough to make it that far.

How do I learn and play nonlinear 4th dimensional go? I want to take it to NGNL.

For full stereotype, call everyone bruddah, play the ukulele, and flat out never, ever, show up on time but always show up.

Hikaru no Go Jump when?

You could do it as a set of linked Jumps. Business Jump, with an 800 CP "loan" that requires you to go to another Jump as a "little favor."

>when?
Well, I expect the best time to take that jump would be after you're able to punch ghosts.

What are the best perks for punching ghosts? Ghost Cutter is obvious, but there have to be others.

Sounds deliciously waifuable. I approve.

Fuck. Yeah.

Best part? My plan in Strike Witches is to turn Earth into Mid-Childa by introducing Devices amongst certain kinds of magic. So a hyper casual perverted Witch doing all this just writes itself.

...maybe I should do a little writefagging of my Jumper's time there.

Anything from bleach, jojo, and pretty much any necromancy.

Rolled 3 (1d8)

Well, I'm doing my Wuxia chain. It's sort of a genre and a build style, and either of those work as a theme. You can be the best wizard or scientist or thief, or you can base your jumps around action movies, mysteries, or slice of life.

Speaking of:
1) Avatar: The Last Airbender
2) Dead or Alive
3) Jade Empire
4) Kung Fu Hustle
5) Kung Fu Panda
6) Mightiest Disciple
7) Muchas Luchas (Luchador is totally a martial art)
8) Ranma 1/2

Cont.
When I awake, it’s in a stark, metal corridor. The light is dim, almost black, but I can still see…something. It looks like the woman I had just been speaking to, but Her image was faint, and foggy. She seems to be screaming, and pounding on something, the way you might beat on a faulty machine to try and make it work.

She disappears, seeming to glitch out of existence.

I’m alone. This fact does not fill me with confidence.

Marshaling what courage, I can bring to bear, I take a few steps toward what seems to be a large window, or a screen that shows the stars.

I stumble, and step through what very quickly becomes apparent was the field that keeps the, as I find just then, spaceship’s atmosphere inside. That explains the dank metal corridor at least.

For about a half-second, nothing happens—I look around, floating in the endless void of space, and see the stars winking at me, all a million, million miles away.

Then I start to suffocate.

The feeling doesn’t last though, as there’s a green flash, the unbearable stench of ozone, and then I’m back on the ship, clutching my chest in pain.

I black out, for the second time in what feels to be as many minutes.

When I awake, It’s to the sight of what seems to be a…rather large robotic beetle. That floats. And has claws. I’ve floated around the internet enough to recognize what this is, as I stare into its face, looking surprisingly smug for being formed mostly of green lenses and black metal.

A Necron Tomb Spyder. Seems She did me the curtesy of sending me to a world I had knowledge of at least.

It’s when I’m trying to parse that this Tomb Spyder saved my life for some unknown reason that I recognize a distinct lack of chest pain. Odd, I didn’t think people just got over exposure to the vacuum of space that easily.

Then I see why my chest doesn’t hurt anymore. My lungs are there. On the ground, about ten feet away.

This is also about the time I realize that I haven’t taken a single breath since I woke up. Now I see why the Spyder looked so smug.

Question before I keep writing, any idea on what I should call this thing?

If you woke up and saw a Tomb Spyder what would you name it? Think of the first thing that comes to your mind.

There seem to be a lot of really aesthetic places in that anime. Like board rooms, the stark red and grey streets or gold detailed plazas of the Financial District, or the starling guild place. Some of those might make nice warehouse attachments or themes.
A Convenience store?
A big dollar coin that displays the total of your wealth and assets? A floating painting frame that lets you see invisible stuff through it?
Ramen noodles? Stockbroker's laptop? Limos? Briefcases to keep lots of cash safe?

For a joke preview, the first part actually looks eminently jumpable as a standalone Generic Modern Business jump, merely needing the Companions section finished and Drawbacks section added.

locations: as usual, Oceania gets short shrift. Oh well, we outlasted everyone else in Mad Max (for whatever good that did us).
backgrounds: nicely sorted
perks: ditto, can't find anything to complain about

items: er... is "deliberately" intentional for Calling Card? should "storage" be "storage shed" in The Company? what's the Orrery Orb a reference to? is Non-Newtonian Cradle meant to have greater effects if you replace the clackers with rarer metals? in Whistleblowers Manual "need" should be "need to find"? ooh, Amazingly Distracting Cube, that's just meeean, heh.

The "Control" setting I know nada about.

I am almost sorry to ask, but has there been any update on the Air Gear jump? Last I heard, it was going steady?

Bugsey.

I'm bad at names.

Bugsy. I am not good with names.

Maybe I should name it "Malone"?

Woah, massive post lag there. Thought it didn't actually do it the first time.

Non-Newtonian Cradle (300CP, Discount New Blood): This set of clackers
appears to be faulty. Though made of common tin, the more rare and valuable
the balls are made of, the more time you seem to get out of the day.

1.I think you forgot To add "A material" and mentioned that you can replace the balls

Gianluca

Seems a bit risky to attempt.

Makes sense, I will attempt something.

If there is a need for it, I will come up with a jump based off investment economics the likes of Wolf of Wall Street, The Big Short, and American Hustle.

Otherwise your comments are noted. Also, yeah, this was a rough draft.

Thanks.

>not a a spider
But why?

Waffles. Short for "What A F@#king hugE Spider!"

and yes, there's no "fl" in what Waffles is short for, but see the pic I used. You asked what came to mind first. Waffles.

also I have Watch'd the series and I'm pretty sure that that asset what looks like a walrus dog that spy lady has isn't a person, Can assets be pets rather than companions?

Seargent Spidowski.

robo-me .
For real, through, Arachne or a variation thereof, because i'm not good at names.

also why is there not an option to import a companion as an asset?

"Motherfuckingshitchrist," followed by whatever the onomatopoeia for violently wrenching backwards despite being in bed is, possibly with a strangled scream thrown in as I choke on my own tongue.

Because originally I was going to
A) Allow Assets the same no-slot privileges as Personas, Stands, Appetite Demons, etc. This is still planned for the final phase.
B) Include a scenario reward that would allow you to distribute Entre Cards w/Assets, to either 8 companions at a high level, or to a general populace at a low level.

Balancing the distribution of future asset powered murder monsters and the argument for Companionship also brings up some uncomfortable questions about the canon C relationship between Msyu and Kimimaro.