/5eg/ D&D 5e General

/5eg/ D&D 5e General
Succubus/incubus edition

What are the differences between LE, NE, and CE succubi/incubi? What about succubi/incubi from different Lower Planes? How do you use them in your games? Have you ever encountered one, and what were they like?

Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Old Thread

Does anybody else here really hate Gnomes, or is it just me?

Tiny little buggers are always either stealing stuff or snide assholes.

> OP puts his questions before the links
> Thread is literally ruined
> Summer

i fucking love those clothes on boys.

That's like complaining which side of the sandwich has which condiments

>Pleb puts his sauce on the top side of the sandwich.

Is it worth dipping 1 level of Wizard or Sorcerer as Tempest Cleric?

Am I better just taking Magic Initiate feat? I kinda want Booming Blade,Lightning Lure,Prestidigitation and Find Familiar.

Dip 3 in sorc for metamagic.

>posting pedshit on Veeky Forums
Kill yourself

Huh, I can't really say ones much worse than another. I'd probably dip a level myself, delay the ASI a level in order to spend it on something else.

Well none of those exist in 5e, which you'd know if you played it instead of being one of the disgusting degenerates recently kicked out of /pfg/

Sage and report, there's a better thread up elsewhere

i bet hes barely 18 and ripe for fugging.

Does a Wizard need Int? If have Dex as your main stat, you can have a scaling damage source in Booming Blade/Greenflame Blade, and most of the utility spells don't need Int. Could you get by with a Dex/Con wizard?

Absolutely. But you're going to be hurting the most powerful utility wizards have: spell variety.

You're essentially going to be playing a bard with less armor, weapon choice, and similar health. And relying on SCAG cantrips means you're going to need to be a frontliner.

YOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, same with all the other spellcasters.

Your spell choice does become much more limited though, some spells (like hold monster) become much worse when they have a save 3 or 4 points lower than what they should be, when otherwise they are powerhouses. Many utility spells though just don't give a fuck (wish, forcecage, mage armor, shield, etc.)

You should look up bladesingers in the SCAG if you haven't already.

>questions in the OP at all
he's literally hitler.

Are you suggesting a low-int bladesinger? Because I think that's a pretty bad idea.

I hate gnomes.

Humans are supposed to be the inventive race, able to do anything if they put their mind to it, but nope, fucking gnomes are the "inventors", even though they don't actually invent anything of real use, literally just "random spinning gears that do fucking nothing or something useless"

It's like you take what most people thing steampunk is, give it to midgets, make everything they invent useless, and tell everyone else they cant make new things.

I'd probably just grab the feat.

Lightning Lure sucks though.

I kept their mechanics and replaced them with the gremlins from Spiral Knights. They're a lot more tolerable as biological tools and vermin that scurry all around with their implements of construction.

To be fair, you could go through every single demihuman race (at least, the ones that matter) and do the whole 'humans are supposed to be' thing.

I did when I ran Forgotten Realms, but now that I'm doing Eberron it feels like they have a bit more of a niche, if only because elves, halflings, and dwarves are moved somewhat away from their stereotypical niches.
This is a spectacular thing. I love that game's concepts and art, but the game itself is damn stale.
That's wholesale a good way to take them. Removes direct association with the names of kobold, goblin, or gnome, and combines several of their niches in modern popular settings in what I think is a spectacular way.
I might do this if I run a homebrew setting later on. Then again, I'm an uncreative fuck, so I'm already looting other video game races for it (Starbound has great lore as well, and I love florans as a take on plant people.)