Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>How to use skillwires.sklchp
>Harry Ensfield(Fixer).contact
>How to get rich fast.knwsft
>Mr. Johnson Rating(Pay).zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 59 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'This is a journey into money. Loads of money.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Dosh.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

LOADSA MONE Edition.
Players, how well are you paid? Do you just scrape by or are you rich enough to buy individual skillsofts?
GMs, how well do you pay? Do you have a table from which you read off how much to pay or are you willing to negotiate much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw
wired.com/2015/10/hands-worlds-first-flexible-wearable/
wikisend.com/download/242744/Shooty.chum5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw

Going to have an NPC decker do all the matrix support from offsite, since our GM isn't into the matrix rules and we players can live without it, as well.

So, it will probably fall to me to hire a guy. I am thinking of offering fair share of the regular pay from the johnson. Also, double share for sold paydata, under the condition, that no paydata is touched without checking in with the team.

I don't want him to go behind the groups back and fill his pockets, instead of doing his job as support. And I think the double share should act as incentive to keep good faith with the team and do a good job. Sound reasonable?

Also, I am thinking of doing some kind of test of skill for dramatic reason, especially if I have noone to vouch for him. As my character is not big into computers, I am thinking of, when meeting for the recruitment talk, just throwing him a cheap commlink over the table and giving him a timed task. "This screen over there, sealbabies, 30 seconds, now GO" to see how he manages under pressure. And how he reacts to my attitude.

My character kinda needs to whip the team into shape for big things to come, so I have to present myself as a strong leader from the start.

All of the talk about Dosh reminds me how in the SR5 book, a specialization for games is "Killing Floor". What's with that? Seems like an odd thing to throw in, unless the guys at Catalyst are big KF fans.

Got any points in leadership? Might help a bit if you do, but your GM might just have him take orders without it. I think that initiation sounds solid, and it's a good idea, but IIRC Johnsons pay per member they can get, rather than a flat amount divided evenly, so there's no reason to give the decker a "fair share" when the Decker's supposedly going to get his own.

Again, your GM might run things differently, but those are just how something like that will fly in my group. And fly it will, judging by my group's characters.

Maybe a Johnny Mnemonic reference

I see. Then the share business would only apply for the paydata stuff. If the NPC decker is getting really fleshed out, he can become a full fledged team member. If not, he can be more of a subcontractor, I guess?

When discussing conditions of work on the first meeting, would'nt it be rather Negotiation, than Leadership?
I am rather socially oriented, but more towards Con, Disg, Imp, and Ettiq. Maybe I should find a way to pick up one or two more points in leadership and negotiation.

The thing is, as far as I know my comrade players, this is going far off the pink mohawk end, while I tend to go for black trenchcoat.
I can live with being the only straigt man to a bunch of weirdos, but I need to have a certain measure of control.

Shamelessly adding on the sheet for my shitty adept. Open to suggestions, remarks and ridicule.
I am not looking for perfectly optimized, since none of the players beside me have any shadowrun experience. (And I only 3e)

I mentioned Leadership because when you're on the run, you might need to remind him "Hey Brickie, I need you to open this door ASAP", and have him not doze off. And though Negotiation would set up a connection to him for a run, Leadership would really be what gets him to follow in line and possibly join the group for good, so get crafty with it I suppose.

That aside, Negotiation is a general all-around-good skill to have regardless. Leadership is niche, though.

What are the best killing spells? I'm torn between lighting bolt/ball lightning and flamethrower/napalm.

Kinda trying to theme my death magic here.

Hoi chummers

What's the best Sam you've ever seen?

I've always liked Elliott, personally. I'm a sucker for a drawl.

Not really the best one, but for certain a memorable one. I had the pleasure to run with a guy keeping a hamster in a cage in his cyberleg. The other leg was basically a one shot shotgun firing out of his kneecap.

He may or may not also have been a somalian pirate.

>also pic related

Elliot from Deus?

Kek nice

My personal favourite went by 'HQ'. Guy was the only other veteran player in a group of newbies. The character was built to provide his team-mates with bonuses from Small Unit Tactics and leadership while laying down suppressive fire, using the extra initiative from wired reflexes and such to get his crew to where they needed to be to maximise their shootiness. He didn't do a great deal to make people dead himself, but he was disgustingly useful for teaching the newbies how to do combat well and get comfortable doing combat stuff in character.

Favourite canon sam is probably Mr. Clean.

>Elliot from Deus?

Not quite.

Piggy backing on this topic, I'm relatively new to SR and I'm playing with a group of veteran players who are munchkins to the bone.

So my question is, how best do I optimize a Sam?

Initiative. Get as many passes as possible. Then add the bioware muscle stuff for agility/strength, bone lacing, maybe dermal plating. But for pure munchkin, 11+5d6 init. Elf helps.

>GMs, how well do you pay? Do you have a table from which you read off how much to pay or are you willing to negotiate much?
Except for milkruns the runners usually get paid significantly more than the manual suggests.
I had individual players get away with 400.000-3.000.000.
But in the end they spend roughly the same on updates as a by the books runner. Why? Costs and deductions, baby! I pay my runners more so they can bribe, they run throught 1-2 identities per run and if the decker thinks his cyberdeck is safe just because he spent half his initial funds on it he's mistaken. Also a run may be go on for months.

And if one of the jokers thinks about retiring after the first haul without taking expensive preparations, he gets a nice little obituary as he dies in a freak accident that can be absolutely not linked to the last corp/gang they pissed off0

Yes this kills the nuyen karma ratio. But you can take nuyen and possessions from your runners. Karma is much harder to take.

On this note, playing edgemaster is a cheap way to replicate this effect for a limited number of rounds a day.

Thanks for the tip. Wired reflexes are a must then.

Also, how would you suggest maximizing attack and defense rolls at char gen? We're allowed to use sum to 10 by the way.

Okay Veeky Forums, I'm somewhat new to the latest edition of shadowrun, and I'm building a technomancer for an upcoming game.

Is resonance 6 really as crucial as it looks like it is?
I ask because I was looking to pick up some minor augmentation, to represent cybernetics that had been installed prior to the character manifesting their technomancer nature. However I don't want to unintentionally gimp myself, even if it is for flavourful reasons.

>new to 5e
>first character is a TM
Don't

If you still want a TM make a spriteherder. Get Compiling, Registering and RES high and just throw sprite after sprite after sprite at your enemies.
Because in a straight fight TM vs Decker the TM loses.

You can get augments worth a point, just like adepts can do better with 5 MAG and some ware. I recommend Cerebral Boosters and anything else that pumps LOG, Pain editor is also nice.

>Is resonance 6 really as crucial as it looks like it is?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: If you know what you are doing with a particular goal in mind and fluent enough with the rules; then sacrificing 1 (or even 2 in a couple of cases) points of RES for implants will actually make you globally better despite hampering your Spriting.

But if this is your first char, I'd suggest not playing a TM at all.

>I've always liked Elliott, personally. I'm a sucker for a drawl.
Man, Leverage was so good.

So our rigger is wanting to have an operational food truck, which would double as the camoflauge for our main combat vehicle. I know it'd need the pattern switching paint - are there any other absolutely necessary mods we'd need to disguise it, or make it stealthily combat capable?

Likewise, what rules would cover the actual money you'd earn from operating a business? Just the day job quality, or something more in-depth?

Hey man I'll have you know I was doing an arms deal in that waffle house because one of the sams forgot to tell me to get him ammo too when I got him a new gun and I forgot to buy it as well. I made it up to him buy getting him 180 tracer rounds that alternate red->green->purple->blue and 90 SnS because he wanted something flashy.

Spoof chip, the license plate one, concealed armour+turret. Day Job should be plenty, and a license for a food truck.

I made a decedent straight hacker using prototype trans-human for bio-ware to boost logic and intuition. It was mostly for Hack-on-the-Fly though, their attack was shitty.

Chameleon Coating will let you change your paint job.

>Not paying your players in precious metals
>Not paying your players in cocaine
>Not paying your players in highly unstable currency
Shit, what are you all doing

>Accepting payment that is not in hard nuyen

Shit, what are you doing? Bonuses or partial payments in kind are fun, but I've never been in a group who takes full payment in some bullshit that they need to work to actually turn into something they can use.

To be fair that mostly just boils down to the face rolling to fence the stuff for nuyen, and if you have them do like an hour long meet to trade and transport the stuff every time it'd get old pretty quick.
But yeah, a payment in non-standard goods is nice once in a while, be it something they can use such as weaponry or a new prototype, or bulk BTLs/gold/hitlers dick.

I hope bulk refers here only to the BTLs. Getting a bag full of hitler dicks, will lead to the lab-technicians at some cloning facility to get lots of workplace performance reviews.

>Not encouraging a street barter economy
You just love doing everything wrong, don't you?

If you are doing street-level shit or working with cash-poor people, sure I've run for the Ork Underground in return for some food and muscle-for-hire. If you're working for a corporate Johnson and he tries to flog a bunch of dodgy trid-players off on you, you leave the table.

>neo-nazi fanatic wants hitler's dick so that he can implant it onto himself and father hitler's true hier
>Finds out a location where his dick is being stored for [reasons]
>Due to hilarious mixup, Hitler's dick falls into a bag filled with other famous dictators dicks
>PCs need to find out which dick is Hitler's or risk giving a neo-nazi Stalin's dick

Being paid in cocaine is in fact a very professional venture.

As a one off thing it could be interesting roleplaying out a meet where you're trying to offload cocaine or genuine Nazi Gold™ but for the most part it's just going to be the face rolling ettiquite+cha and then negotiation+cha to fence stuff off screen, because roleplaying a meet like that every time would take a fuckton of time and become dull after a while.
Nuyen is payment for a reason.

Or being paid in stocks. That's also acceptable.

I had a Hacker who did a job for a real authentic Walkman.

You are making the grave mistake of thinking that purchases must be made with cash, and you must always offload things for cash.

A real businessman knows that product is more important than paper that's only validity is a government's ability to back it up.

>Being paid in stocks
Stocks need to be tied to a SIN which is a no-go for shadowrunners because I'm pretty sure the stock market has very high quality SIN scanners, if you burn your SIN you lose those stocks, and it reveals who the Johnson is working for.

Are SINs universal? I thought they were just a thing in the UCAS.

>A real businessman knows that product is more important than paper that's only validity is a government's ability to back it up.
Except that nuyen is a global currency backed by every single major corporation on the planet with the central nuyen bank being based on Fuchi Orbital.
If such events come to pass that nuyen no longer becomes stable or crashes you have FAR larger problems than not being able to buy stuff at the local stuffer shack.

SINs are global, each nation has their own SINs they can give out, as do major corporations.

What edition was that introduced in? I remember that only the UCAS had the SIN system for a very good while.

So I read from LEDDIT some info on Anarchy.

-Still a D6 Pool
-Armor is a Health Stat now
-No initiative, everyone says in order what they want to do during their narration (Wired Reflexes offer Bonus Attacks during narration and Plot Points which Can be used to change the order)
-Defaulting is straight attribute

More Uses for Plot points
Live Dangerously - add a Glitch die to a player's roll. Glitch die can either be glitches when they roll a 1 or an Exploit when they roll a 5 or 6.
Shake it up - change turn order
Double time it - take two movements instead of just one during your narration
Surprise threat - security shows up!
First Aid - heal a point of physical or stun damage
Malfunction - a character's spirits/devices/etc stop working for a short period of time
Take the hit - you jump in the way of a weaker combatant who just took a hit and roll your defense
A dish best served cold - immediately counterattack against an NPC who attacked you. (This doesn't count as your narration).

-Hacking is a simple Dice Pool vs Dice Pool unless you're fighting Sprites and Personas which turns into CyberCombat. The Gm decides whats hackable and what isn't.

I'm really excited, this is the Shadowrun I've always needed to get my rules lite friends into the game.

It seems that it was introduced worldwide in 3e. Shadowhelix says that after 2036 most countries adopted it

I forget her name, but the person responsible for the changes in the matrix security wants to make global universal sins, effectively getting rid of the sinless entirely. The corps do not like that idea at all.

Not sure but at least in 5e there are constant mentions of the global SIN registry as well as saying "the country that the SIN was issued in" instead of just "UCAS".

addendum (cause I phrased it weird)
it was AT LEAST after 3e, it may have been introduced earlier, but many new editions change the fluff as well (VITAS III anyone?)

Damn, for a setting that's getting a spinoff called "Anarchy" Shadowrun's world sure is stable.

Also, I remember reading that the UCAS did some funky stuff and got SINS in 2030-whatever. I'm fairly certain it being global is fairly new.

Danielle De La Mar.

She'll never get that. Shadowrunners aren't the only ones with multiple identities.

Did the 5th ed core book get reprinted with errata?

Are all the big supplements out yet?

>Are all the big supplements out yet?

Yes except technomancers.

Friend in our group is planning a Shadowrun game which will be my first, looking forward to it.

Planning on being a street samurai, chromed up troll that goes by Wulver

I picked up a copy of SR2 recently, and I'm tempted to run it for my next campaign. What are the best splatbooks to pick up afterwards? I already have the Grimoire and Harlequin's Back.

Since you're playing a chromed up troll you probably plan to go the Brick Shithouse route, correct? If so I can give you a few pointers.
What chargen method are you guys going to be using? I'd personally recommend Sum-To-Ten but your GM has the final say.

>-No initiative, everyone says in order what they want to do during their narration (Wired Reflexes offer Bonus Attacks during narration and Plot Points which Can be used to change the order)

Forgot what I was putting after that:

I understand what they're doing and how they're simplifying it, but the initiative system is one of the coolest parts of SR to me.

Also Anarchy doesn't seem like Rules-lite, it just seems like a new system. I'm not really sure how much it'll work like training wheels.

Brick shithouse confirmed yep
Pretty sure were using STT, still in early stages though so he might change his mind

I don't think its meant to be training wheels.
Thats what Quick Start rules are for.

I think Anarchy is just for people who get too hung up on the crunchyness of Shadowrun, but really like the story/setting. Because Shadowrun is pretty dang crunchy.

I think it's more trying to appeal to the Narrativist crowd (Which just so happens to coincide with the rules-lite) instead of the Gameist crowd it normally does.

Really, I think those kind of games work much better for one-shots. The systems just don't seem like they'd be super hot for an entire campaign.

Yes thats exactly what its trying to do

As a Narrativist, I have to say it can be quite super hot, but I can see why it'd turn the Gameist crowd of Shadowrun off.

Alright, then I'd probably recommend allocating things something like
>Troll (B)
>Attributes (C/D)
>Skills (C/D)
>Magic (E)
>Resources (A)

In terms of going full brick shithouse you have two main options:
>Cyberlimbs. You can replace all your basic limbs with cyberlimbs and slap 3 armour on each, which gives you +4 physical conidtion monitor boxes and +12 armour total. This gets to be pretty expensive because you need to buy STR/AGI customization because cyberlimbs always start at 3STR/3AGI even if you're a troll. Also quite essence intensive so you might be strained to get initiative.
>Get bone lacing and orthoskin. Used titanium bone lacing gets you +3 body to soak and +3 armour, getting orthoskin can get you about +3/+4 armour IIRC. You don't get any extra condition monitor boxes but you save a lot of money you can now use on initiative enhancers and stat boosters like muscle toner and the like.

If you really want to go crazy, get the Restricted Gear quality and buy a pain editor. Pain editors make you immune to wound modifiers, and make it so you don't pass out when your stun track gets filled. This is great because it means you need to take ludicrous amounts of damage to actually die. For example, if you have say, 25 armour (1 form being a troll, 12 from limbs, 12 from an armoured coat) anything that deals less than 25P damage is going to be stun for you. So the little damage that does get through will fill your stun track and affect nothing, and after that point your physical track will start being filled, but the kicker is that since you're only taking stun, it takes 2 stun damage to deal 1 physical damage once the stun track is filled, so not only do they have to surpass your huge armour, they also have to deal (Physical track * 2) + stun track in order to get you downed.

Some of these plot point things sound contrived as shit. I hope the explanation for this shit is reasonable.

Hey, do you know in advance when you're going to be getting around to fixing the vehicles' Rigger 5 modifications? Because I noticed the Hyundai Shin-Hyung is still missing those Body Mod slots in the latest nightly.

Damn /srg/, you scare me some times.
I love it.

Is there anything that covers the actual physical change - plates sliding into place, turret ports blossoming, eyc? Or is all of that just fluff?

That's all just fluff.

The GM gets plot points as well

Is there any way to improve a drone's Device Rating? I want to have my car be able to run more than just 1 autosoft at a time, but I can't find any way to do that.

QUICK
POST CYBERDECK PICS

Get a better Pilot program into it.

If it didn't have that godawful hinge I might actually wear such a device

We already have stuff like that.
wired.com/2015/10/hands-worlds-first-flexible-wearable/

Its gonna be revolutionary when it's finished trust me

The Device Rating remains 1.

The device rating of a drone or assimilated is equal to its Pilot rating. Better Pilot = better Matrix attributes and more programs slots.

And if your GM is being a faggot, add a Program Carrier module with the "Virtual Machine" program to add two extra slots or get a RCC to run programs in its stead.

Be a mage, learn a ritual to summon Ally Spirit power, find a decker and make a flesh-form spirit. Now you have a very loyal decker who is also a spirit.

5e also has countries where the Sinless are more uncommon. Like the Sioux nation where almost everyone has a SIN.

And getting a provisional-corp SIN is easy but the "proper" corporation SIN is reserved for people whose parents were already high ranking wage-slaves. Basically the AA and AAA corporations are making a feudal society with caste system out of their employees.

I dont think its a hinge, might just be a bump for hardware and plugs, considering the arm parts are flexible.

>feudal society
You don't know what feudalism is. You're right about them making a caste-based society, but it's definitely not feudal.

>get paid with 64,000 instant-ready pizzas instead of nuyen
I don't think you can complain about this.

You can only eat so many pizzas before the rest of them get cold and before the rest gets too bad to get reheated.

On the upside if they simplify the system enough it may get to a point where even Catalyst can't fuck it up.

You've jinxed us, you fragger!

DON'T JINX IT CHUMMER
CGL definitely has Gremlins 4 when it comes to editing

Something like this:
wikisend.com/download/242744/Shooty.chum5
Titanium bone lacing gives him a lot of defense (+6 dice in total, stacks with armor), implanted smartgun and brand loyalty are for offense.
Later on you want to replace your used `ware with better one and pick up pain editor+platelet factories.

Gamist and narrativist aren't really in opposition (none of the GNS are).

I'd peg SR as more simulationist than gamist anyway.

>instant-ready
They're microwave pizzas, and realistically you're going to sell them to other people, or use them as barter.

>I'd peg SR as more simulationist than gamist anyway.
I'd peg it as a game that tries to be simulationist, fails, and then ends up gamist instead.

Oh, I guess that makes sense although I'd still prefer the cash since it's more convenient than running around selling pizzas.

Yo /srg/, what is the normal professional level for HTR teams? The team in the game I'm running has decided to be less of a bunch of assholes, and screw over the johnson trying to take the technomancer they captured.

>selling them
noooooooo

It's so bad.