The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Stuff, still mad at WotC for not giving us an ending to EMN, Flake Poker, Nissa probably won, W/B Angel Sister was killed for not liking THICC, I'm a lazy slut.

Previous thread:Writefagging last time:
Serena and Leon pass time talking about shit The Cathar gets crushed on by a a girl he saves in the future If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/nissa-worldwaker-2014-06-25
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/nissas-resolve-2015-10-07
youtu.be/bIKajSQ9DB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guess what happened?

You wrote some more smut?

I've been spending all week playtesting for Game Day, so no, not lately. I meant that she forgot to put my writing in the last thread in the OP of this thread.

>Serena always puts writefagging involving her characters first
what is this blatant favoritism?

More like, you've been getting dumpstered all week.

My memes are too great for you.

>memes are too great
>implying you didn't get smashed by tittty monsters
get on my level, scrub

Fuck you. 1v1 me right fucking now.

The worked up from the bottom because that's where I was.

Do clothes have to be involved?

Does anybody know why there was no Wednesday Flavor General today? Was there one earlier and got archived?

Dunno. You're welcome to discuss flavor here as well, if you're willing to put up with our bullshit.

So, the new FtV set was made just for us. Featuring flavorful moments from throughout the lore.

Does anyone have a favorite card in this FtV: Lore set? And why is it your favorite?

Mine is Unmaksk. Why? It marks the moment we find out that the bbeg tyrant known as Volrath turned out to be a beautiful girl wearing armor. Such a spectacular twist. And really showed that women aren't just sex objects in MtG.

I thought it was well-written, although part of me is uncertain about whether this is pandering or not.

At the very least, the 'monarchy-bad' focus of it all feels decidedly American.

Nice try, m8. Volrath shapeshifts.

Volrath is a shapeshifter. But, his original form is female.

Volrath was born a human male.

I called Kaya being WB last week.
I like her though, but wish they just combined her two stories into one just to give Innistrad some closure first

I always thought Vuel was female.

I was perfectly calm, just elaborating on my point and the problems I had with the sheet. Haathe is neat overall but the card placement and custom card bothered me.

Marit Lage is honest to god the only thing I care about getting a reprint. I'm still not gonna buy FtV tho.

Might put Jitte into my samurai deck.

Fuck yeah. I'm putting it into my friend's Stoneblade deck. It has every sword, just not the Jitte. I don't know what I'll do with Merit Lage yet. But, I'll probably find a home for her somewhere.

You're good, man. No harm, no foul.

Going to put it in my krenko deck as a way to use mana from my rituals.

I'm buying it just for Jitte

Then give me your Dark Depths.

I'll take the phyrexian processor.

Who does your flake support, Marchesa or Selvala?

I'd support Selvala all the way
cuz she a cute

Thane isn't stupid. There's more stable power and safety in siding with the people in these situations. Plus he has a thing for elves. He'd side with Selvala.

no.
I'm still keeping the other cards, I just really want that Jitte.

Ah, it was worth a shot.
>That spoiler
doesn't everybody?

Wouldn't a GW character be in favor of a just monarchy
>Hey Selvala, let's make a republic!
>>-smiling- No!

Sure, as long as the justly placed monarch takes care of their people. GW has community as a feature, so they would probably prefer a different form of government.

What is the dumbest thing your flake has ever done?

WG values whatever is good for the people, fuck the individual. The dromoka believe that the dragonlords are fair and just so they don't overthrow them, meanwhile the humans of Innistrad think the best thing for the people is to follow the church and stick together. Hence why they're WG.
If the King is ignoring the people in favor of the powerful, then it's in the majorities best entrance to off the leadership.
Basically, they're willing to go democracy and give everyone a vote if they think the people are better served with something not monarchy.

Well apparently some people don't like elves. Can't imagine why.

I really feel like Wizards is trying to make me dislike Marchesa.

I couldn't care less about guard and her autism.

Selvala's nice and all but I'm just kind of confused as to what they're trying to do with the story, especially since Kaladesh should start rather soon.

>doesn't everybody?
Really depends on the media.

In a lot of things they're perfect people who can do no wrong and it really pisses people off.

I'll give you 3 guesses as to why people would hate elves in Magic.

Because Nissa has won the most in the history of magic off of a bad decision fueled by her hatred of Sorin?

Or is it because most other elves introduced have been smug cunts, like Ezuri

I'll take fifty Ezuris over Nissa.

Nissa has always been a shit character, but at least for a while it was just
"Hey remember that dumb ass racist elf from zendikar"

"Kind of"

Since they decided to make Garruk evil she's been the only mono-green walker, and origins/jacetice league just catapaulted her into an entirely new level of shit. At least the story writers seem to get that everyone hates Nissa, so maybe we can tell her to fuck off soon.

Freyalise didn't die for this shit.

Except most of the people that hate her are from here. Most people just think she's kind of boring.

>At least the story writers seem to get that everyone hates Nissa
The same way they "get" that everyone hates Jace?

I like Nissa.

I liked her when she was doing this whole "repenting" thing during her Worldwaker stories, and that time she outsmarted Ob Nixilis. She's definitely more interesting whenever she's away from her Ashaya elemental thing.
I wonder how the stories about her will go when not around that thing.
>Inb4 she spends the entirety of Kaladesh in a ball in the corner because cities scare her.

>The same way they "get" that everyone hates Jace?
I mean I don't really like Jace a whole lot but (surprisingly) Jace has been the best character since Origins and the jacetice league. Maybe they'll let Chandra do something interesting on Kaladesh but Zendikar was dog shit.

>I liked her when she was doing this whole "repenting" thing during her Worldwaker stories
Dear god no those were the worst things I've ever seen. Between that and Gideon whipping his sural back and forth between flesh and bone the vast majority of bfz/oath stories were poop.
It's why I didn't bother reading the innistrad stories until a few months in because I thought they would be as shit as Zendikar's. Hopefully they fired whoever wrote them or at least told them to stop being shit.

>Except most of the people that hate her are from here.
Really? Every other person I've met (who cares about the story) seems to hate her too.

.................oh

>Dear god no those were the worst things I've ever seen. Between that and Gideon whipping his sural back and forth between flesh and bone the vast majority of bfz/oath stories were poop.

Are you thinking of the ones where her and Ashaya were "fighting" eldrazi for a thousand words at a time? Those were her "Ashaya" stories. Yeah, those were shit.
Worldwaker was from 2015 and her fight with Ob Nixilis ones were pretty good on the character department
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/nissa-worldwaker-2014-06-25
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/nissas-resolve-2015-10-07
These two are the good ones.

Yeah, that's from one of the shitty "Ashaya" chapters which are "Jace's old flavor text" tier bad.

Her thing with nixilis was less awful than her other stories but I was honestly just hoping she'd die.

I knew she wouldn't, but I could dream.

One of the "repenting" ones I can think of offhand was "hey let me go help these goblins (or something) to escape the eldrazi" and then she dd that for a while.

I don't remember if it was the same or separate story, but she had to choose between saving an old tree and a village and she was sad she couldn't do both.

Smug cunt Jace could have been an ok character but they seem to have chosen to go "self-deprecating nerd" which isn't the best but it's better than any other character he's had.

Worldwaker is her feeling she fucked up from start to finish. I just linked it. And her Ob Nixilis one was about her knowing her old ways, which lead to her breaking the Eye in a fit of "fuck Sorin" rage in the first place, would just fuck everything up, so she decided to be better about it.

>Liking smug cunt Jace
Really? Smug cunt Jace was the reason most people think they hate Jace without knowing the lore, because of the "You just learned to walk upright" sort of quips. He's always been a nerd.

I don't really like smug cunt Jace but that's pretty emblematic of blue so I thought it would have fit.

You guys seen Jace in action? He's a massive scrub. His card representations give him astounding amounts of credit, but he gets his ass handed to him all of the time.

It seems more a counterspell thing honestly. Blue characters can be interesting, but if they're on a counterspell, they sound like raging douches

The old flavor text soured a lot of people on him. This isn't even about him winning fights so much as people thinking he was the "counter spell, flip up hood, pssh, nothing personnel scrub" type.
I mean, read some of this.

Wasn't mindsculpt supposed to be him pulling a finisher on Tezzeret?

That's some garbage writing for sure. Jace never says anything even remotely in that tone during the stories.

Hey, would the citizens of Innistrad refer to the first Innistrad block events by any special name like the dark ascension or is it "back when Avacyn vanished"

>but if they're on a counterspell, they sound like raging douches
Exactly. Emblematic of blue. Blue's favorite thing is to say no, and everyone wants to do it smugly.

Bu yea blue is very frequently psssh, nothing personnel

This is why mono-blue villains work.

It would honestly make sense, so I'll go with maybe.

>That year we all almost died.
>"Evil's Ascension" followed by "The day Avacyn was restored
>The month humanity received a dark reminder
Or anything other than the above really. I imagine they wouldn't name it. Giving a name leads to an air of "This could happen again."

For some reason I thought about the end of gravity falls

>A bunch of snowflakes decide to storm one of Leon's fortified areas.
>Who gets in on the battle

What's the purpose?

Leon's being a douchebag
or maybe it's Vronak they're attacking, and does anyone need a purpose for that?

I mean, the target and reason definitely determines which flakes show up.

Leon has cake
he won't share the cake.

Winifred shows up, because not sharing goodies with her is a good way to get hexed.

Well, I brought more than enough dick for just one person. I guess I best give Winifred some dick so I don't get hexed.

>filename

I think they'd refer to things as 'during Avacyn's absence'

What a cunt.

Right? Let's
FUCK
HIM
UP!

Knowing Serena she'll just cut the "UP!" part out.

Nah, not for Leon. He's a fuccboi.

I thought that was Venn

Aww. Poor Leon. I bet Serena likes the more furred guys, huh? Bunny enough I'm working on a Bear-flake. and I hope he's going to turn out well. We'll see.

There's a lot of them in this thread.

^Bunny
*Funny
Well, damn.

Ehhh, easily Marchesa. Best tricolor combo too.
>Freyalise didn't die for this shit.
Too soon, user, it has been more than 10 years, and yet too soon.
By the way, Freyalise was a textbook arrogant elf, but still quite compelling as a character. Same with Radha, in a certain way.

Wasn't Freyalise human?

She is, i was just joking about how she just spends all her time pretending to have pointed ears, sort of.

At best she was half elf, but yeah she was an elfaboo.

Jesus christ. Why do all of you thirsty fucks want into Serena's pants so bad?

Lighten up. We're just kidding around.

Serena is a meme and possibly Vronak 8s about.

Vronak 8s about?

She wouldn't even be anything like a "meme" if there weren't so many people in these threads that are way too thirsty.

Someone would still write smut, but some people are just forcing that shit.

I think peeps are just moving from one character to another. First it was Gaia, then Diomedes, and now Serena. Nothing really out of the blue.

Interest in certain characters tends to last longer.
If you watch the threads and notice whose names come up without any other set-up, you get certain results:

>Memes
>Waifus

And some thread regulars also get some extra attention for their flakes by virtue of being here to answer questions or discuss.

Flakes like Gaia and Serena get extra attention because people are extra thirsty. This isn't to say that stories can't be written about them otherwise (because there certainly are some), but it's obvious that some discussions about them devolve into /a/-tier "what would you do with your waifu" talk.

Speaking of Gaia, where is her user? He/she has usually posted itt by now. And it's been over a week since the repo was updated.

eyy fuck you too.

I think they are playing WoW

>Where is Gaia user?
Fucking the tits off your mom.

Ding Ding. (feat. Murdy Vag)

Vro!
I'm Murdy Vag!
Coming from the deviantart
to lyrically smash!
Smash you in the face
at my own damn pace!
Worlds greatest Reanimator!?
Can't find my grave!
Yeah I'm running in place.
So keep up if you can.
I'm running so fast
that I'm my own hype man!
Woo!
So listen up, Vro!
Shits about to get real!
Smut user's running circles
around the Girls in this deal!
And Rakkor is coming.
So we gotta prepare!
Gotta get your lazy ass
up outta your chair!
But before I pass out
from speed fatigue.
I'd like to introduce
you to the Flaktice League!
Fresh from the nets
comin' from the deep end.
It's ya boy Ka'oarm.
The fish' number one friend!
The blue/black terminator.
Time Travel is his creator.
He doesn't think this is real
but we'll explain it to him later.
Woo!
Battle Angel's here!
With her size changin' bewbs
and her piles of smut
Thinkin' her Avacyn's so kewl.
Daaaaaamn!
I just broke the fourth wall!
Can't keep track of it all.
I'll give Des-chan a call.
....Hello?
BOOOOOOOOM!
Reality's broken!
What the hell are you smokin'?
I saw the last writefaggin'
and you gotta be jokin!

Seriously I saw it and it was pretty funny.
I think you're on the right track, man.
Keep it up.
I'm out!
Gotta get those electrolytes.
or I'll Die!
Straight up.

youtu.be/bIKajSQ9DB0

Do you have a straight image of Vronak's helmet?

Why?

I found a rare pic of Spider Mom as a child.

You can just see her future unfolding before her eyes.

For a project of mine

Daily reminder.

Best girl?
Best girl

I believe you mean pic related