Dragonball Quest #75

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

23rd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10963115
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's Rock Fuckers!

My body is ready!

The preliminaries carry on much as you would expect.

Your remaining friends easily win their matches, and you take care to observe them as they fight.

Krillin's speed is incredible, telling you he probably went under intense weight training over the past three years. He ends each match with a single strike, sending his foes flying from the ring.

Similarly, Tenshinhan ends his matches quickly, identifying openings in the defense of his opponents, and disabling them in precise strikes, ending each fight with a single blow.

Yamcha doesn't bother with analysis or defense; he knows he outclasses his foes and doesn't waste any time. He just rushes in there and wins fast.

Chichi has superb form, and a great deal of power behind her attacks. Her training with Krillin has done wonders for her, and, based on what you're seeing, she could have very well won the last tournament with the skills she displaying.

You don't bother too much with Goku's matches, only barely watching your friend disable his opponents before they can even think about touching him.

And of course, you defeat your second opponent easily.

These matches are probably a poor way of measuring the strength of your friends, however, and you won't know the full extent of their skills until they step into the ring.

Tao and Piccolo easily win their battles as well; and each match ends with another fighter being carried out on a stretcher. In Piccolo's final match, he nearly kills his opponent, squeezing the poor man's throat until he passes out.

"Sir, you win, please let go of your opponent!" the announcer shouts to the demon.

Piccolo releases his grip, letting the unconscious warrior fall to the ground.

"Majunior advances to the semifinals!" the official declares.

"Majunior?" Krillin repeats from next to you.

>A. Doesn't that mean something similar to "Devil Junior"?

>B. Yamcha's in his final match; you should go check it out

>C. Hang around and prepare for your last match

>D. Something else

>C. Hang around and prepare for your last match

>B

strawpoll.me/10963115

>>C. Hang around and prepare for your last match

Why can't Piccolo spawn minions from his throat like his father/past self?

Maybe he can and just chose not to

Is it Piccolo's DNA then that allows Cell to spawn juniors?

Quads confirm. Pokopen for the Pokopen God, Eggs for the Egg Throne.

If the previous matches were any indicator, Yamcha should win this next match no problem. Besides, you need to be ready for when they call you up.

The crowd's mostly cleared out by this point, with less than two dozen fighters remaining in the contest hall. You spot another being carried out on a stretcher, and hear the announcement that Tao will be going on to the quarterfinals.

The cyborg mercenary smirks in your direction, and you find yourself wondering why Tenshinhan thinks he can make a man like that see reason.

Then again, Tenshinhan was pretty bad himself just a few years ago.

Your name's soon called, and you step into the ring, finding yourself pitted against a tall, extremely muscular man with long, reddish brown hair.

He laughs to himself as he cracks his knuckles.

"BEGIN!" the official calls.

The man runs right for you.

>A. Defend and counter (2)

>B. Get behind him and knock him out (7)

>C. Charge him and take him out before he can attack (5)

>D. Something else

>>B. Get behind him and knock him out (7)

>C. Charge him and take him out before he can attack (5)

>D. Knock him out with a single finger

>B. Get behind him and knock him out (7)
Hahah

>D. Something else
Grab him by the wrist and throw him from the ring. Bonus points for not moving our feet.

I'm game

I'm d

ROLL

Lets do it then

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Until the Majin series friendo

Watch this fail

Rolled 94 (1d100)

Roll

Rolled 26 (1d100)

This guy is nothing.

Moving faster than he could possibly hope to keep track of, you get behind him as he rushes across the stage, and strike before he even processes that you've made any movements.

A simple tap to the back of his neck is all it takes, and he slumps to the ground, falling flat on his face as he slips into unconsciousness.

"Winner!" the official calls. "Tofoo will proceed to the quarterfinals!"

Stepping out of the ring, you look over to see Yamcha's match not quite over. This is especially surprising given the appearance of the man Yamcha's fighting.

He doesn't look strong, or even like any kind of martial artist you've ever seen. He's a small, scrawny, middle-aged looking man with dark hair, glasses, and a mustache that reminds you of someone you saw some history shows talking about.

A guy like that should have been taken down in half a second by Yamcha, yet here he stands, looking relaxed and unharmed.

Meanwhile, Yamcha seems to be breathing heavily, and you think you see a bruise on his left cheek.

>A. Go ask the others what happened

>B. Watch the match

>C. Something else

>>C. Something else
DC to try and sense something in the man. He shouldn't have made it this far if he isn't hiding something

>>B. Watch the match
Ah yes, Hero
Something that was always stupid

To be fair, Kami's concerns that Goku might somehow fuck things up were perfectly valid

Everyone has that concern, and they're all right to have that concern though

No DC, you can just try and sense his energy

>B. Watch the match
Sense the guy since he's able to keep up with Yamcha

Then I will vote to attempt to sense his energy

I understand why Kami was here in canon. Goku can be rather slow.

But I'm hurt that he wouldn't trust Tofoo enough to say he was coming

Because he's the only one who can use the nonlethal Mafuba at this point.

You decide that this match might be worth watching after all. You've never seen this fighter before, and if he's able to keep pace with, or even defeat Yamcha, he might be worth keeping an eye on.

Slowly walking over to your friends, you look into the ring, where the dorky looking man gives Yamcha a laugh before speaking in a somewhat obnoxious voice.

"Maybe you should quit now," the man tells Yamcha. "Save yourself further embarrassment."

You can hear Yamcha growl.

"No need to get angry," the man says, sounding both nervous and sincere. "I know it must be frustrating to be outclassed in your chosen profession, but getting upset won't fix it."

"I am NOT outclassed, old man!" Yamcha declares with venom, extending his right arm, facing his palm toward the ceiling, and curling his fingers upward.

He holds his right hand steady by grabbing the wrist with his left hand, and the upturned hand begins to glow, sparks periodically visible behind his fingers.

"I have plenty of trick ready for use!" Yamcha promises, the glow from his hand becoming more intense. "Let me give you an example of the kind of destruction you can cause with pure spirit energy."

"Sounds dangerous," the man says, staring at Yamcha's hand.

"For you, only the best!" Yamcha declares, focusing his energy.

The man's eyes widen behind his glasses, and he drops into a defensive stance. "Well, don't go to too much trouble on my account."

A ball of light flashes into being above Yamcha's palm, floating there as the scar-faced warrior fixes his foe with a glare.

"Have a taste of my Spirit Ball!" Yamcha shouts, throwing the attack toward the man.

Surprisingly spry for an old guy, the man spins out of the way, letting the ball shoot right past his chest.

Yamcha isn't finished, though, and brings the attack back around, aiming to strike his opponent with it from behind.

>Continued

>B. Watch the match
Egg on Yamcha from afar, he can kick this twig's ass

The old man glances over his shoulder, letting out a yelp before ducking and covering his head with his hands. Once again, Yamcha's attack flies right by him.

Groaning in frustration, Yamcha redirects the attack once again, sending it up near the ceiling before dropping it like a meteor down on the old man, who jumps back just in time to evade it.

The Spirit Ball passes through the floor of the ring, and the old man lets out a relieved sigh, wiping sweat from his brow.

"Don't get comfortable!" Yamcha warns an instant before the Spirit Ball erupts from the floor beneath the old man.

This time, the old man is caught off-guard, and the attack smacks him in the chin, knocking his head back and throwing him into the air before dissipating.

"How was that, old timer?" Yamcha mocks as the old man falls to the ground.

"Well, looks like it's over," Krillin comments.

But, the old man sits back up, rubbing his jaw as he gets back to his feet.

"Not bad, you have some good attacks," he compliments Yamcha. "But, your defense needs some work."

You feel a surge of energy as he dashes across the ring, striking Yamcha with a powerful kick before there's even time to react.

Crying out in surprise, Yamcha is thrown from the ring, and crashes to the floor.

"Contestant Shen proceeds to the semifinals!" the official declares, and you briefly see Shenron in your mind's eye.

Not a strange reaction, given whose energy you just felt. But why would he come here? Wasn't the whole point of your training so that you and Goku could do what he couldn't?

Rubbing the back of his head bashfully, "Shen" turns and hops out of the ring.

Just when you thought this tournament had gotten complicated enough, this happens. You aren't sure the reason, but Kami has come to the tournament.

Goku watches "Shen" leave, and you can tell that he's figured it out, too. Probably sooner if he was watching the match from the beginning.

>A. Ask Goku why he thinks Kami came

>B. The preliminaries are over, and the announcer is calling; go draw numbers for the quarterfinals

>C. Go confront "Shen"

>D. Something else

>>B. The preliminaries are over, and the announcer is calling; go draw numbers for the quarterfinals

>>C. Go confront "Shen"
"Confront" has such a negative connotation. I just want to go up and whisper that he could've mentioned that he was coming too

>Shen
I don't know, the facial hair seems off
>A. Ask Goku why he thinks Kami came

This followed by B

I'll back this and >B

>C. Go confront "Shen"
>B. The preliminaries are over, and the announcer is calling; go draw numbers for the quarterfinals

"Would the eight finalists please gather over here?!" the announcer from the previous two tournaments shouts. "We will begin drawing numbers momentarily!"

Giving another glance toward Shen, Goku heads in the direction of the announcer.

As you begin heading over, you approach Shen, who briefly looks your way but gives no further acknowledgement.

"You could've mentioned that you were coming, too," you whisper to him as the two of you make your way across the contest hall.

"I'll explain everything later," he promises before walking ahead of you.

The group gathers in front of the announcer, who seems to have grown a new mustache. He looks at you and Krillin like he's seen a ghost, but doesn't say anything, probably due to having come back from the dead as well.

"Welcome, finalists," he greets. "You eight fighters have made it to the quarterfinals, and so you will fight the remaining matches of the tournament in front of the crowd. The winner will walk away with five hundred thousand zeni, and the title of "World Champion of Martial Arts"!. Now, you all know the rules; no killing, no leaving the ring, no weapons, and as a general note, please check your costumes before stepping into the ring."

A member of the temple staff brings out a wooden box, handing it to the announcer.

"Now, you will all choose numbers which will determine the order in which you fight," the announcer explains. "All match-ups are final, and trades are not allowed. First up, Goku."

Goku steps forward, reaching into the box and pulling out a slip.

"I got number eight," he announces, moving to rejoin the group.

"Next up, Mercenary Tao," the announcer calls.

Tao steps forward and draws a slip, getting the number two.

"Chichi," the announcer calls, and she steps forward, drawing her slip.

"Six," she tells him before going to stand beside Krillin.

"Tofoo," the announcer says, calling your name.

>Continued

You reach into the box, pulling out a slip with the number four on it.

The announcer writes down your number as you return to the group.

"Next up, Krillin," the announcer calls.

Krillin walks over, grabbing his slip and chuckling to himself when he sees the number on it.

"Okay, that's a seven," the announcer tells him. "You'll be fighting Goku in the fourth match."

Krillin and Goku grin at each other.

"So, we'll finally have the match we missed out on three years ago," Krillin says excitedly.

"Yeah, I can't wait," Goku tells him.

"Next, Tenshinhan," the announcer says.

Tenshinhan draws the number one, and glances over at Tao, who gives him an unsettling smirk.

Tenshinhan looks like he's dreading this confrontation, and you don't envy him the experience. Given his history with Tao, you don't think he'll get through the match unscathed, whether physically or emotionally.

"Shen," the announcer says, and the old man steps forward, reaching into the box.

His eyes go wide when he sees the number.

"I-I got a three," he tells the announcer.

"Well, that puts you against Tofoo in the second match," the announcer says, writing it on the board. "And that means Majunior will be fighting Chichi in match three."

"What?!" Krillin asks, horrified.

Piccolo smirks, giving an amused chuckle, while Chichi fixes the demon with a look of hatred and determination.

"The quarterfinals will begin in one hour," the announcer tells you all. "Tenshinhan, Mercenary Tao, make sure you're here on time."

"Of course," the cyborg says. "I wouldn't miss it."

>A. Go find Roshi and the others

>B. Tell Shen you want to talk with him in private

>C. Tell Goku you want to talk to him in private

>D. Go talk to Krillin and Chichi

>E. Something else

>D. Go talk to Krillin and Chichi

Tell him off for not filling you or Goku in on whatever plan he has going

>>D. Go talk to Krillin and Chichi

>>C. Tell Goku you want to talk to him in private

>>B. Tell Shen you want to talk with him in private

Ask him how he wants to handle this.

Perhaps he'll just give us the match and wait in the wings for a moment to ambush Piccolo.

You need to speak to Shen as soon as possible. You can talk with Roshi, Bulma, Oolong and the others later, and it's probably best if you let Krillin and Chichi have their inevitable argument by themselves.

Shen begins to slink away, but soon sees you following him and nods toward the corner on the far side of the room.

The two of you walk over there together, and you lean against the wall, facing Shen.

"I'm sure you have many questions," Kami says, still in that strange voice.

>A. Ask why he's here

>B. Tell him that he should have told you abut this

>C. Ask what the point of training you was if he's going to try and handle this himself

>D. Something else

>>C. Ask what the point of training you was if he's going to try and handle this himself

>D. Something else
Wish him luck in his match against us, but tell him we won't go easy on him.

>>C. Ask what the point of training you was if he's going to try and handle this himself

>>D. Something else
Ask what's the point of us fighting?

Seriously guys, what is the point? One of us is going to be eliminated from the tournament either way so whats the point of expending energy? He should throw the match like Roshi did against Tien.

Then he should wait in the wings to ambush Piccolo if it becomes neccessary

>C. Ask what the point of training you was if he's going to try and handle this himself

user makes a point. I doubt Kami cares about the tournament at all

This. Point out the winner will have to face Tien or Tao next, and that will be a tough fight to get to the finals against Piccolo possibly.

WAR! UGH! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

"What was the point of training Goku and me if you're just going to try and solve this yourself?" you demand.

He kept you on the Lookout for three years, insisting that you couldn't leave and had to devote all of your time to training. He claimed that you and Goku would be ready to stop Piccolo by the time the training was complete, yet here he is, his presence telling you that he doesn't think you two can handle it, that after all of his training, he still has no faith in you.

"I was not my intent to become involved in this tournament," Kami tells you calmly. "I had planned to allow you and Goku to deal with this problem on your own. Unfortunately, a small mistake made that plan less viable."

"What mistake?" you ask.

"I believe that Goku has become a liability to this plan," Kami explains, looking down. "I am unconvinced that he has the power needed to defeat Piccolo alone. In fact, I'm unsure if either of you could best him alone. Together, the two of you could win, but Goku's desire to win this tournament will not allow that, nor will it allow him to do what is necessary, and kill Piccolo. Even when the tournament is over, he will no longer be able to bring himself to kill Junior."

>A. Why not?

>B. Then you'll do it

>C. Ask what the point of the two of you fighting is; you'll just tire each other out before you even have the chance to face Piccolo

>D. Ask why he's competing, and doesn't simply ambush Piccolo when he has the chance

>E. Something else

>>A. Why not?
>B. Then you'll do it

>B. Then you'll do it
>C. Ask what the point of the two of you fighting is; you'll just tire each other out before you even have the chance to face Piccolo
>D. Ask why he's competing, and doesn't simply ambush Piccolo when he has the chance

>B. Then you'll do it
>
>

>D

>>D. Ask why he's competing, and doesn't simply ambush Piccolo when he has the chance

>A and D

>>C. Ask what the point of the two of you fighting is; you'll just tire each other out before you even have the chance to face Piccolo
>>D. Ask why he's competing, and doesn't simply ambush Piccolo when he has the chance

>A. Why not?

"Why are you even competing?" you ask incredulously. "If you're so worried about this, why not just ambush Piccolo?"

"This disguise has allowed me to escape Piccolo's notice," Kami explains, pointing to the body. "And competing in the tournament will give me the chance I need to get close to him. He will see me as a feeble old man in the best case. Or, in the worst case, he will see me as a powerful human. He will underestimate me if he does not know my true identity. Furthermore, were I to confront him outside the ring, he would simply move to kill me. If I face him in the tournament, he will show a restraint that I will not, which will allow me to win."

"Well, what's the point of you and I fighting?" you ask him. "We'll just tire each other out before either of us have the chance to face Piccolo."

"I did not intend to be matched against you," Kami answers. "In all honesty, I had hoped to face off against Goku. I could have removed him from the equation, and either you or I would have defeated Piccolo. I am sorry that I must now take that chance away from you."

You give him a challenging look; he hasn't taken anything yet. You aren't going to throw the match, and you aren't going to let yourself be beaten.

Seeing that look, Kami smiles. "Or, you can think of this as a test. If you can defeat me, I will know that you have the power to deal with Piccolo."

"One more thing," you say. "Why won't Goku kill Piccolo?"

"Mr. Popo let some information slip that I'd have rather Goku not been made privy to," Kami explains.

"And that is?" you prompt.

"Do you remember three years ago when I said that a being cannot strangle itself?" Kami asks. "Piccolo and I are bound by the same thread. If one of us dies, so too does the other."

He looks you dead in the eye. "Knowing this, can you still kill Piccolo? Can you do what must be done?"

>A. Yes

>B. No, there has to be another way

>C. There has to be another way, but if there isn't, you'll do it

>A. Yes
If you were aware if this and still trained us then you were prepared for what might happen

>A. Yes
Eh. Don't need dragonballs in a dragonball quest. They aren't anything but trouble.

"This won't be decided in a single blow, even though I'll fight him with the intent of killing him. If nobody can offer an alternative before the final blow is struck, then the matter will be settled."

>D. If you die, who will take the place as the Guardian?

Seconding and we do know about them splitting up before, so can we mention of him just forcing Piccolo back inside him.

"Yes," you tell him.

Kami smiles. "That's the answer I'd hoped for."

"But," you continue. "It's not like I'll beat him with one hit. So, if a way of stopping Piccolo without killing you comes up before I have the chance to kill him, I'll do it instead."

Kami chuckles. "Good. I'll accept my death if it comes, but I won't race headlong into it if another option becomes available. I will do what is necessary, and that is all."

He turns away from you, beginning to walk off before stopping after a few short feet and glancing over his shoulder.

"You still have some time left," he tells you. "Why not spend it with your friends? I know you missed them a great deal."

With that, he departs, leaving you alone in the contest hall.

Well, mostly alone.

Krillin and Chichi are standing where you left them, and you can hear them shouting at one another.

Chichi storms off, and Krillin falls to the ground, groaning as he watches her leave.

You're guessing their conversation didn't go well.

>A. Talk to Krillin

>B. Talk to Chichi

>C. Find Goku and tell him that you need to talk to him in private

>D. Go find Bulma, Roshi, and the others

>E. Wait for the quarterfinals to start

>F. Something else

Especially since SOM said he may include some incarnation of Shadow Dragons

>>A. Talk to Krillin
>You asked her to forfeit huh?

>>A. Talk to Krillin
"Does she think she can take on Piccolo?"

>C. Find Goku and tell him that you need to talk to him in private
We tell Goku that there's a way to revive Kami even if Piccolo dies

>A. Talk to Krillin

>A. Talk to Krillin
"So she didn't take it well of you telling her to forfeit I'm guessing."

You go over to your friend, taking a seat beside him and watching as Chichi makes her furious exit.

"You asked her to forfeit, huh?" you ask Krillin without looking at him.

"What else was I supposed to do?" he asks you sadly. "We both know she isn't ready to fight him. I don't want her getting hurt."

It's true. Chichi's progress is incredible, but you know there's no way she can defeat Piccolo. Were she facing one of his children, she'd have a chance, but against the Demon King himself, she doesn't have a prayer.

"And she didn't take it well," you observe, still looking forward.

"Nope," Krillin answers. "Didn't you hear the shouting?"

He gives you a little laugh, trying to inject some humor into a bad situation.

"Does she think she can take on Piccolo?" you ask, glancing at your friend.

He nods. "She says that's what she's been training for this whole time. She wants to get revenge for what he did to me, and beat him before he has the chance to hurt me again."

His cheeks turn red. "I really appreciate that, but she isn't going to do anyone any good by going out there and getting creamed."

>A. Offer to try talking to her

>B. Tell him that Chichi's a big girl, and in the end he'll have to let her make her own choice

>C. The way Krillin describes it, it sounds like Chichi wants to kill Piccolo in the ring

>D. Tell him to come with you and see the others instead of moping around

>E. Something else

>>B. Tell him that Chichi's a big girl, and in the end he'll have to let her make her own choice

>>B. Tell him that Chichi's a big girl, and in the end he'll have to let her make her own choice

"Just be there for her when she falls."

>B. Tell him that Chichi's a big girl, and in the end he'll have to let her make her own choice

"At the same time your a grown man, so it wouldn't hurt to tell her how you honestly you feel about the situation she is in. Best to pour your feelings out now, before things start moving towards a bad end."

"Chichi's a big girl," you tell him. "In the end, you'll have to let her make her own choice."

"I know that," he promises. "I just wish she'd made a different choice."

Well, nothing wrong with that.

"But, you know how stubborn she can be," Krillin says, smiling fondly. "I was doomed from the start."

He sighs. "I just hope we don't fight this much when we get married."

>A. They're getting married?

>B. Oolong says that marriage is nothing but fighting

>C. You're sure things will be fine and they'll be happy

>D. Go find the others

>E. Hang out with Krillin until the matches start

>A. They're getting married?
>B. Oolong says that marriage is nothing but fighting

>>F. Clap him on the back and congratulate him, mention your parents didn't fight often

>>B. Oolong says that marriage is nothing but fighting
>>D. Go find the others
Let's catch up with Tien and wish him luck in his terminator battle

>>E. Hang out with Krillin until the matches start