Gamefinder Thread! The Next Generation

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47714430/#47774053
discord.gg/Rf4u5CT
discord.gg/MMaxh
docs.google.com/document/d/1uj2Xm9GC8xkJiQDhL795wYiqeEGinKgkz8Ejc4bDYJw/edit?usp=sharing
discord.gg/N5W4R
docs.google.com/document/d/1aEexdI8tiwr6V8TN_StZVOQ3Tv0ACpHOZntXZflkzLs/edit?usp=sharing
discord.gg/vekCXcj
discord.gg/UWjBCHE
discord.gg/X7C3Tp6)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Only War, Dark Heresy 1e and 2e, Black Crusade, WHFRP2e, and open to learning other systems

I also really want to learn Hunter the Vigil or something in relation to vampire and supernatural creature hunting that isn't cthulhu mythos.
EST everyday except sunday
Roll20 and voice on anything else.
I can still do PDF sheets and such if it's needed
>Contact Info
Scivir on Skype and Scivir#2720 on Discord
same for Steam too if you want.
>Additional Notes
I miss WHFRP2e so much, I want it so badly again because of how much fun I had with it as a system.
There's still GMs for it right?
But if I had to say for OW I want literally anything except "Void/Air Regiment" why does everyone GM I get matched up with do a Void or Air regiment for only war when Guardsmen are mostly known for Armor and Infantry.
Dark Heresy on the other hand I don't have any preferences for besides maybe being a commissar or a psyker but I don't really care I just want to have fun with something.
Black Crusade is stupidly fun if you mix and match human and space marine characters(but of course give the humans some extra on the side to balance it out) because of how bossy space marines can be.
I don't know why but I just want something where I can crush faces again.
As to what else I might know I know NWoD, DW, RT, D&D5e, D&D3.5e, and AD&D2e

I also prefer playing games over voice and I hope that I don't get a anti-social DM who invites people on GF threads and it turns out half the group is a clique, I just want some other fa/tg/uys to have fun with roleplaying in a game with and not take it way too seriously.

>GM/Player
Player!
>System Preferred
Looking for Degenesis Rebirth.
Pacific, most days in the evening
Skype, Discord, text etc
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
God I wish more people knew about this game

>GM/Player
Players
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
Evenings/Nights EST (GMT-4) around 8-9 PM, weekdays are good but Friday/Saturday is ideal
Skype, IRC, Roll20, Discord, you name it we play it, though we have a big preference towards text-only games!
>Contact Info
a_zombie_goast or IterationDrive on Skype
>Additional Notes
Looking for a Pathfinder campaign where we can submit a dual-application, we're Path of War friendly and generally open to anything and everything the DM might throw our way (we've got a preference for sandbox and more high-powered campaigns, though!)

Actually now that I think about it, I'd be fine with Deathwatch.
I take it back on putting it on a lower reccomendation.

>I miss WHFRP2e so much, I want it so badly again because of how much fun I had with it as a system.

>There's still GMs for it right?

Yes, you.

If you love a game, you've gotta give back to it.

Nut the fuck up, start kicking around ideas, and plan a game.

No offense to either you or the original poster, but some people just aren't suitable for GMing, and some of them know it. My friend gets neurotic breakdowns when he tries to GM. Not fun to play or witness.

Am I your friend?
That sounds like me.
I'm going to be straight with you user, I wish I could GM but I just can't I'm too shit at it and improvising because I'm always under some kind of roll of stress and I'm not in a position for it.
I'd love to Co-GM or help a GM write material or manage a game but I just can't do it myself because I get too stressed out managing everything.

Are you okay with having a crossdressing kitsune shota trap GMPC?

Don't act very shocked when you can't find games for your favorite systems, then.

It takes a community to keep a game alive, and perma-players are the kinds of people who mostly take and rarely, if ever give back

>crossdressing kitsune shota trap

COLLEEEETTTTTEEEEEEE

>COLLEEEETTTTTEEEEEEE

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Sunday 9AM-2PM CDT
roll20 with Skype for voice
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
The campaign will not take place in the Marvel Universe, but on an alternate Earth where superheroes have been around since the turn of the 20th century. Join other superhumans and vigilantes on patrol and misadventures against mad scientists, archvillains, and all manner of bad guys.

MHRP rulebooks and cheatsheet available on request.

I'm not denying it's not my own fault, but I wish I could run one without it being a absolute disaster because I always pre-plan everything because of my bad improv.
I still think it deserves to be a more popular system.

Ditto me and Degenesis.

>GM/Player
Player, Sadly
>System Preferred
Warhammer 40k (Dark Heresy/Only War/Rogue Trader), or AdEva. OR Magical Burst

I also enjoy adaptions (ex. XCOM using DH rules, Dragon Age using 4e), just depends on the pitch
Weekends are best bet, EST (-5 UTC)
Text preferred
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Been awhile since i've browsed these threads due to spending a year in schooling to get certifications. I'm done with that now, so I should have time I can take out for playing games.

>GM/Player
GM (Posted by player on his behalf)
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
The game is 8pm EST on Wednesdays
Skype for coordination/shitpost socializing. roll20 for game. Text RP.
>Contact Info
anixtheory
>Additional Notes
Ongoing game. Players are currently level 6. We in the course of our travels got cursed and bound to serve on a ghost pirate ship (which actually just got destroyed). PCs have various different reactions to that state of affairs.

We would probably be fine with that.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Unknown Armies 2nd edition. Though we won't be using the Madness Meters or any supernatural rules.
Weekends. PST (GMT-8)
Text only, either through Roll20 or Discord
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I've got a horror game set in Tolfino, British Columbia, during the 1993 Clayoquot protest. I like to run games that go heavy on the roleplaying and mystery side of things so if you're a fan of combat heavy games this won't be for you. But, if you do like those things, and you want to play as a bunch of schmucks in the 90s getting caught up in shit they never planned for, then feel free to email me.

>There's still GMs for it right?
Yes, but you're half the world away and I seem to recall someone bitching about you.
Godspeed, though.

Even if it's an ERP?

Yes.

If it's at midnight I can make it, and all I remeber of people bitching about me in any of these threads was when one faggot tried to say that I was a furry who played Felinids in Dark Heresy
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47714430/#47774053
ala this guy, I don't think you know how much bad blood and shittalk typically goes in these threads because there are people who want to ensure someone who gives them minor inconveinces no chances of finding a game.
Atleast from what I know of some games that I found myself in that I had fun with people in.

I think what some people might've disliked about me is that occasionally I make gimmicky characters but not unoptimized ones, like my Bretonnian knight who found lances and shields boring and unworthy to his foes and instead he wrestled them and beat them with his bare hands.
I don't do it all the time but you know, I like to do it when it's fun for everyone and it's not horribly unoptimized.

>shit forever player

>admits he has autism

>tries to rag on people who know his reputation

KYS my man

>shit forever player
I've tried GMing and I'd rather help a gm than have a shitfest like that again
>admits he has autism
who doesn't, especially on Veeky Forums
>tries to rag on people who know his reputation
Considering I've never played a felinid character or said I was a furry.
>KYS my man
thanks you too

What are the details for this campaign? I'm the other interested player of that pair.

>GM/Player
GM.

>Additional Notes
I'd like to run a short, one-shot game in my custom setting, in order to get a feel for the reaction people have to it. In addition, I'll be testing out Wushu, which is a very simple system for action-oriented games. The game will be similar to a shonen anime like One Piece or Dragon Ball Z, and there will be a lot of fighting and action. If you're into that, perhaps you'd be interested in the game. I do expect a heavy emphasis on roleplaying over mechanics, which is the primary reason I am using the Wushu system. If you are looking for a mechanics-heavy game, this one isn't for you.

>System
Wushu. You can get the rulebook for free online, although it's a very rules-light system; I can explain them to you easily if you'd like.

>Times Available
I am usually available starting at something like 1700 CST, staying awake until morning. Ideal for European players, but obviously anyone is welcome.

>Method of Play
Since Wushu is so rules-light, we will probably just use Discord with a dice bot.

>Contact Info
You can join the Discord server here if you would like to contact me: discord.gg/Rf4u5CT

You can also just reply to this post if you would like to ask questions before joining Discord.

What is the setting like? What would the basic plot be like?

>The game will be similar to a shonen anime like One Piece or Dragon Ball Z, and there will be a lot of fighting and action. If you're into that, perhaps you'd be interested in the game. I do expect a heavy emphasis on roleplaying over mechanics, which is the primary reason I am using the Wushu system.

>lots of fighting and action
>using what's essentially a freeform system

literally why

so people can actually describe what they're doing without restriction? freeform, if you will? you must be clinically retarded there user

>implying Freeform isn't the most shonen-like of fighting systems

"I attack!"

"I dodge and counterattack!"

"Yeah, well I have a secret power that defeats your weakness!"

"Yeah, but I have a secret power that defeats your weakness!"

Pic related.

I've got a long history of taking part in freeform games involving combat.

I rarely won a single encounter because I don't like outright negating people's attacks, and would prefer characters that would take hits(but had supernatural toughness so that I could at least deal with bullshit shonen techniques).

Kinda anticlimatic and bullshit. It's part of the reason why I left ERP in general.

Here is a very basic overview of the setting pulled from my notes:

>You live on Alexandria, a supermassive Alderson disk surrounding the star Ra. Constructed millennia ago by an ancient pantheon known as the Authors, it is home to the mysterious pocket dimensions called STORYBOOKS. Inside each one is a unique world to explore, with its own rules, people, and places to discover. You might journey to an underwater city populated by dangerous aquatic creatures, or perhaps you might find an Author’s laboratory, filled with ancient secrets and technology.

>The four races of Alexandria - nomad, cattarac, konshin, and milus - work together to unravel the mystery of the storybooks and the Authors. The sprawling city of Serapeum, located in the Nile band, is the heart of Alexandrian civilization. From this central location, teams of explorers journey forth, hoping to find new storybooks, plundering the technology and information within. Grand airships circle overhead, and animal-drawn carriages regularly depart from the city limits.

As for the plot, it's something I'd either like to leave up to the players, since it's going to be a short one-shot, or I can simply throw you into the middle of something and have it get worked out during play. The setting is very flexible in this regard, and I have a few potential ideas for that situation.

I suppose you're worried about the players not actually wanting to lose or take hits? It's a real concern I have. That's one of the reasons I would like to test out the system first. I simply don't want players to feel restricted by having to fit their character into a set of rigid abilities laid out by the system. Perhaps it's too much freedom; that's what this game is for.

It's just the height of childishness to enjoy action in freeform. The meaning and value of interaction with a system comes from the context surrounding it. If you like drama in a game, the enjoyment comes not from narrating drama, but from seeing how it affects individuals inside a game that has grounding in some sort of social context.

Likewise, if you like action in a game, you're going to want to interact with a system that's actually a... system, and not stuff people pull out of their ass, or alternatively you don't actually like the action per se as you like the drama *surrounding* the action, how it affects the characters involved and what it means for them.

If you enjoy what literally boils down to a form of conflict resolution, then the system that settles conflict resolution in your game is going to need to be fun to play with, or the game is not going to be very interesting.

Or you're literally just a manchild who enjoys typing descriptions of how your ninja uses his katanajitsu to teleport behind someone, I guess, but I'm trying to give you more credit than that.

.......Wow, I'm the guy who shittalked freeform up there and even I think you're a pretentious asshole.

>explaining your views = pretentious

Okay fampai

i know this is weird but you dont have to play this guy's game

Well, yeah, and obviously I don't intend to, but that certainly won't stop me from commenting on it.

>>GM/Player
Gamemaster

>>System Preferred
Runequest 6 or Song of Swords(Player vote)

>>Times Available (with timezone!)
Friday August 12th from 12:00pm to 7:00pm GMT -6:00(Central Standard Time),

Saturday August 13th from 5:00pm to 8:30pm GMT -6:00(Central Standard Time)

Sunday August 14th from 12:00pm to 7:00pm GMT -6:00(Central Standard Time)
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)

Roll20
>>Contact Info
[email protected] for the email, or message me here as I'll be monitoring with curious interest. You may also inquire for my skype or steam for instant messaging if emails are too slow

>>Additional Notes
The timezones listed are times I'm okay with STARTING from, usually going on for the next 4 to 6 hours. So if you are European, we can start at 12:00pm, which is 6pm for Brits, 7pm for Central Europeans.

I feel like running a oneshot or minicampaign(6-8 sessions). I will be running with whoever I get, even if that's just two people. The game will be text based. It will most likely revolve around several time periods sharing a low fantasy theme. However, it can also do a mostly human dark setting with high fantasy elements, such as the Black Company books. If players are familiar with the Black Company books, I shall also run in that setting. If the systems presented are not to your liking, or you would like to request a sci-fi scenario, I'd be willing to consider it if I get the right people. Really, I'm keen to run anything, but I am feeling mostly pulled towards sword fights and such.

I'm down as a player for this too.
GMT+10.

Bump

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
D&D 5e
Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Haven't decided on which day yet)
Discord for voice, roll20 for maps
>Contact Info
discord.gg/MMaxh
>Additional Notes
- This will be a hexmap campaign with a focus on random encounters, traveling and downtime activities.
- I'll be looking to playtest some homebrew stuff from /5eg/ and of my own creation that you'll find in the discord
-Players will be subject to a light screening before they can officially join, just a little chat to make sure you're not an alien, or just someone who will ruin everyone's fun

>Super game
YES
>Voice
UGH

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Any superhero system or system being used to run a superhero game
>Time availability
EST evenings any day but Wednesday
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
I will give you as long a backstory as you'll permit.

>with timezone

>GM/Player
GM
>System
Homebrew system for playing in the Edge Chronicles novel series setting. No experience with the setting required.
docs.google.com/document/d/1uj2Xm9GC8xkJiQDhL795wYiqeEGinKgkz8Ejc4bDYJw/edit?usp=sharing
Still deciding; most current players are EST
Discord text
>Contact Info
discord.gg/N5W4R
>Additional Notes
Come join; the setting is awesome (sky ships, lightning quests), the system should be pretty good and the players are keen.
Campaign page
docs.google.com/document/d/1aEexdI8tiwr6V8TN_StZVOQ3Tv0ACpHOZntXZflkzLs/edit?usp=sharing

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Running a Symbaroum game
Sunday, 6:30pm MST
Discord for voice, roll20 for dice and character sheets
>Contact Info
apakalypse (#7973) on Discord, or vorpal.james on Skype
>Additional Notes
We have 3 players, looking for 2 more. We've had enough flakers, so please don't contact me unless you are confident in your ability to consistently show up for the game. Missing sessions for important life reasons is fine, but don't make a habit out of it.
I would like players that are interested in the world, or at the very least are familiar with it. If you don't know anything about it, read a little bit about the setting before you send me anything, just to make sure you are interested in it.

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY YOUR SHIT HOMEBREW IN YOUR SHITTY YOUNG ADULT NOVEL BASED GAME

Holy shit, come up with an original setting already you hack.

omigod it's adorable, can I keep it?

>GM/Player
GM

>System Preferred
Shadowrun 5e

6-11pm (GMT+8)

IRL

>Contact Info
send an e-mail to [email protected] and inform me by replying to this post.

>Additional Notes
Looking for people in Perth, WA that can easily get to Warwick from 6-11pm on Saturday. You don't have to have experience and we are more then happy to help you create a character.

Is held at a game store btw

Forgot to mention, it's EST but I haven't decided on a time yet. Waiting for the remaining spots to fill up so I can have everyone's concrete schedule.

We still have 2 slots left if anyone's still interested.

My bad

Your Discord invite has expired.

Keeping the Gamefinder going.,

Bump

doing the lord's work

What gametime? And are you ok with someone who's only played a few games of 5e? I know the system fine but didn't really explore too much of it when I played last.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Godbound, Exalted, HeroQuest
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturdays from 6-12 pm EST
Roll20, IRC, Skype, Discord, whatever. Text preferred, but not necessary.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Looking to chill out and play some games where I play as an overpowered piece of shit. Please, no ERP or any weird magical realm stuff like

>forever DM
>friends are all massive idiots and/or always busy, rarely can anybody else host anything
>fully embrace it, come up with many cool ideas for a variety of systems, push my players to join several games
>players get fucking sick of playing too many games and finally, when I bring a new cool idea they tell me to fuck off
I just wanted to explore a cool idea, faggots. I know you're reading this yaaga fuck you, never stopped you from playing fifty simultaneous nechronica games.

I miss when Paper Mario was good.

>GM/Player
GM
>System
Shadowrun 4
>Times Available
Late Afternoon/Night (Central Standard Time)
>Method of Play
TEXT, Discord
>Contact Info
discord.gg/vekCXcj
>Additional Notes
NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY

Looking for a player or two since one of our prospectives dropped. We currently have a Mage (Likely to drop.) Face/Sam, and a Fist Adept.

Whichever type of character you'd like to play, join the discord chat and please submit chummer4 character files or online sheet links.

Almost forgot like a dumbass, we're using 300 BP, Avail 12.

>GM/Player
GM
>System
Only War
>Times Available
Weekend afternnons and evenings, GMT
>Method of Play
Roll20, Discord or Skype for voice
>Contact Info
discord.gg/UWjBCHE
>Additional Notes
Seeking four to five players for a fairly straightforward campaign centered around a bunch of vacationing veterans helping the PDF defend a paradise world.
Alternatively, should you choose the comedic approach, the warped adventures of a psyker battle squad across [REDACTED] when it suddenly [REDACTED], leaving them [REDACTED].

Bamp

Damn, if you could do Mondays I'd be all over that shit.

bump

What days?

Why even have a game finder thread?

It's not like anyone ever got into a fun game from one of these.

ok

I'm sorry you're too autistic to find a group

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
5e
Mon-Thurs 1-5pm PDT
anything works for me, I don't have a webcam though
>Contact Info
discord: Tyler S. #8248
>Additional Note
GM just looking for a fun game with non crazy people to be a player in for once

>GM/Player
Player recruiting for GM.
>System Preferred
Anima: Beyond Fantasy (books can be provided)
Weekends, EST, most likely in the evenings. I think Saturday @6 PM.
Discord (discord.gg/X7C3Tp6) and roll20
>Contact Info
See above.
>Additional Notes
Probably going to be text based.

I might be interested. What is the system like, and what would the game be like?

Anima is a fantasy system with a large degree of player customization. It is based on the d100. I haven't heard details from the GM at this point as to what the specific setting will be.

How many players do you have right now? How many are you looking for?

This game isn't happening, this player is simply having an autistic rampage because he can't wait for me to find real players.

Holy shit I kind of wanted to try Anima.

If you would like you can give me your Skype and you could be considered, but no guarantees.

I am looking for 1-2 right now.

what

That player that made the initial post has removed me from his game because I am not hosting for him tonight, and is now recruiting to replace me in his other anima game :(

why the fuck can't you autists just play games without this drama

fuck it

Because I told him I would like to have a game with people who take their time making characters rather than make them in 15 minutes, but he simply can't wait one more week.

it's Veeky Forums man.

some people are looking for a game here to have fun.

other people are looking for a game here because they have nowhere else to look.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm fine with having players from Veeky Forums to play in the game, but he trying to cram it in tonight which would just make hosting not fun and mostlikey make the game not fun

I'm looking to replace a player in my Anima game, as the other person mentioned.

To put it simply, he was removed because "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch." I expect my players to occasionally GM a game, so that I can play as well. This player has promised to run a game "next weekend" for about 4 months straight, and originally scheduled his game for Saturdays, so when I asked to confirm that he would host, he said it wouldn't happen without other players. Of course he was only willing to recruit from the small pool of our regular group, and they aren't interested, so I advertised here instead, but he said he didn't want any players "from Veeky Forums" and made that post you saw earlier. Thus it is obvious to me that he will never host a game, and so I have barred him from playing in my games, and I am now looking for up to two players, 1 to replace him and 1 in order to round the party off to a group of 4.

The next session of my game is tomorrow, but if you don't feel that you can have a character ready by then it's not a big deal, because I normally host on Wednesdays, and that's when the session after next will be.

He is also mad that I didn't host my game on a day that I didn't say I was gonna host I. I have said Saturday for the past couple weeks waiting for players to make characters they never did and tonight he was really craving some roleplaying I guess and had a little spurg out. So go play in his game by all means, but if you would like to play in mine next weekend on Saturday feel free to reply with your Skype names. Looking for 3 players.

So the Saturday session is only a one off? You normally only run on Wednesdays?

Yes.

What needless drama

So you expect people to pay for the privilege of playing in your game by catering to you. To the extent that you want them to go out and actively get strangers involved to facilitate you playing. Clearly you must think GMing is a chore, or a job, and that you ought to be compensated for it. This does not bode well for anyone sane wanting you to GM for them.

^ I am just trying to make sure sense it is my first time really hosting anything that I have players that know the rules and how to make characters so that I can focus on running the game not holding the PC's hands, because I will need everything devoted to running the game well.

voice games are shit

Aye, less chance to mishear, ability to re-read stuff and more time to think

Text games are too slow. Too impersonal. They really lack the soul that makes role-playing so dang fun.

I don't understand you

Of course you don't.