>The DM is great, but too timid
>She needs to be pressed into applying herself fully

Has this ever happened to you?

>that image

Can this be a 12 Angry Men thread?

>she
Inb4 300 posts of bait-ridden gender-related arguments

witnessed.

Why is Doctor Who spitting in that woman's hair?

If this kind of thread was made in 07 maybe we would get a discussion

With the politics of CURRENT year /pol/ and who the ever the fuck wants to just mess with the "unenlightened" masses

*pops knuckles*

Okay, let's do this.

Assuming the example in OP is true, then it would also likely follow that someone talked the lady into a position she didn't really want to take in the first place. Likely, her boyfriend, girlfriend, or husband pushed her behind the DM screen because they themselves were burnout DMs and/or wanted to play for a change.

The end. Being DM by attrition sucks no matter who you are.

Eh, sorta. Had a DM that was just way too much of a pussy.

Nice guy, very friendly. But no one was ever in danger of dropping much less dying. He didn't say no to anyone's crazy ideas. Including the paladin that raised goblins in pens a slaves or something.

And his stories were.... tame.

All in all it passed the time, but it was pretty boring.

Oh, and he couldn't say no when someone wanted to join. I bowed out when there were NINE players.

I've got no remidies for you dude. Maybe suggest she CO-DM and let someone play the bad cop trying to kill you all. Give her a whip.

Have a rousing game of "fuckyou!" that she's ordered to lead.

>>She needs to be pressed into applying herself fully
What do you mean by that?

she sucks and other people have to throw ideas her way

If you're gonna throw out fake shit answers, you should come up with something cleverer than that.

C'mon, man! The world is your canvas, you have no time limit, and "she sucks and other people have to throw ideas her way" is what you go with?

Re-read your post. Are you really satisfied with what you said? I think you can do better. Don't you?

I'm confused. Is the prompt legitimate, or are we supposed to look at the picture and think that it's illegitimate because the woman is getting pressured by a bunch of guys?

In truth, I'm wondering if the scenario is even plausible. Can there be such a thing as a shy DM with considerable talent that can overcome this weakness when sufficiently pressed by his players? What would this pressing even look like? Wouldn't it interrupt the flow of the game?

I suppose you could have a DM with good ideas for a game and a setting, but just is not good at working with others because they get nervous or start fumbling.

The problem is, I don't think people pressing that sort of person would help things any. Showing legitimate interest in what the DM's doing might make that DM more confident, but not pressuring them directly into doing things. And it's more than likely at least one player would get tired of having to have the entire group spend fifteen minutes throwing ideas at the DM just to make something happen.

No.

Our DM is literally the worst example of a human being I've ever encountered, and we love him for it.

A couple favourites:

>I will take a note of every party member's fears and the construct a dungeon around those.
>I will reduce players to tears regularly.
>I will take revenge for the destruction of my elaborate plot arc while you all fuck off into the distance with small stuffed toy inexorably.
>I will devise an entire adventure where our setting is transported to the part of Africa you're currently working in where massacre, violence, and bad things occur.
>I will also utilize props including but not limited to; jelly babies, an alarm clock, tomato sauce, beer, a comb, and a live lizard.

You magnificent bastard.

Oh and another couple running favourites:
>I will never bring beer but be the drunkest by the time the session ends.
>I once ate the soul of a party member and reduced another permanently to the intelligence level of a six year old because I found it funny.
>I will drop Godzilla on you if you mention anything to do with Japan
>I can and will weaponize anything, including creating a force of military obsessed rape-spiders with loose links to and the morals of The White Company - ala Sir John Hawkswood.
>Want to hear about the flying tigers? No. You don't.

>The DM is great, but too timid
>she sucks and other people have to throw ideas her way

Wait, she is not great afther all? what do you mean by great?

Great as in size

So she does lift then. I remember a tread about some guy complimenting a girl on his group for her nice abs.

He sounds like an unmitigated prick.

If you meant "reduce players to tears" literally, that makes the players pretty terrible too.

We're rather fond of him really.

Change 'she' to 'he' and that almost applies to myself.
So...I guess so?

In my case it's less openly pressuring and more of an incidental thing. And if someone shows legit interest, I just get more nervous because I think they'll be disappointed.
I'm currently running two games that I kind of fell into, one of those because someone moved to Spain at very short notice--"three days before the first session" short--and the other's a favor for my cousin because he was hard-up for a game and I'm using it to try out a system I've been interested in for a good while.

Sink or swim, and hey, turns out I'm a pretty good swimmer. I'm still kind of freaking out at every step of planning (and bad at starting sessions--"dead air, um, dead air") but once I hit my stride I'm really good at keeping everyone involved, details flowing, and introducing momentum and tension where needed.

>bad at starting sessions--"dead air, um, dead air"

easiest way to get a session going is to do a quick recap of the previous events, just like a tv serial.

"when we last left our heroes," etc. a lot if not most of your players will chime in with details you may have left out or forgotten and it basically gets everyone back into the setting.

I seem to recall that working out well.

RISE FROM YOuR GRAVE

Do you happen to look or behave like Bill Dauterive by any chance?

No because there are no girl GMs