Books;

Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

We've been hitting cap for over a week!

Other urls found in this thread:

schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/recalled-training-i-10t-battle-reports/
malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/ripples-of-fate-review-arcanists.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And like a scrub I fail to label this as a malifaux general.

Clearly it's from the Shadows.

Anyone get their hands on the Gremlin RP book? I'm dying to know what the chargen method is since I know one player WILL be one.

What is with the change in the card designs?

soon

Remake it, this is going to die anyway

The one in the back is a limited edition card I've seen given away as tourney prizes and maybe as henchman loot. The one in the front is for the new limited edition sculpts based off a masters original model they all come with that type of card.

How much would Asami like Mr. Tannen?

dunno, I'd say he's already an all around decent enforcer so I don't see why he wouldn't.

I spent the better part of the day thinking about painting figs and throwing down with Brewmaster and Ulix. I can't wait to get these crews all gussied up for the tournament at the end of the month. Started with the base coat of the skin on the gremlins today. Need to work out how to do swamp water better for the bases as well before I start on the board though.

He's already a solid anti-schemer/de-buffer the ability to make it easier to summon with cheated masks is great, though it doesn't help if you need to stone.

Chatty is fucking bullshit

I think constant yammering is a better version. Still makes it difficult but gives you more ways to get around it than just killing the model.

One last bump before bed, I'll be dreaming of getting my gencon order.

I think this is what chatty should have been. More choices makes for better game play

Up before sleep. We've been doing so well

hard to keep a general alive when theres next to no talk of tactics, rules discussions, or anything at all beyond leaks

I do want to ask a question about Mah Tucket upgrad card and I want to make sure this is not a misprint.

Out for blood upgrade card adds
Cripplem Trigger which trigers on a RamTome.

I'm assuming that it's not a misprint seeing as I can only pull this off if ever with a soul stone to get the second suit I want or I play Lenny which gives me a free Ram?

It's the only ability I've seen where I can never trigger without assistance.

Also labeling it properly helps.

In addition the front card is supposed to look like the 1e cards

yep, need to stone, lenny, or otherwise have something that gives you an extra suit to get it off.

I think the lucky emissary is supposed to have some gimimck for mah, i'll post soon as I get the model

I checked it, it's just healing on a Ram. Lucky emmissary would be better on the gun toting masters who hurt themselves when they do a ram trigger.

Thoughts on my paint job?

I like it. Paint looks good but I would lay off the gloss on your ice guys.

Painting looks solid.

I think the bases need a little bit more work. Some rocks or debris would add a lot to your models.

Gencon order should be here Friday or sat. Super looking forward to asami and Reva (as well as the 3 other jorogumo I accidentally ordered). Seeing as I now own all the ten thunders masters mostly by accident, there are a couple thugs is like to suss out.

First off how does Shenlong work? I actually think he's pretty cool and I like the idea that he changes stances.

Second, what upgrades or models to hire in general are a trap in 10T?

Third, who would want to run jorogumo other than asami and misaki? I've heard people have some nasty ideas for them with McCabe, anyone else though?

Shenlong works by doing what he's gotta do, really. He buffs everything around him and can switch playstyles constantly so you're always fairly well equipped for the job. Especially the focus, respositioning (of markers, too) and godly healing/condition removal are nice to have, and with that he manages to make just about any TT model work to some degree.

For upgrades and models, there's few real "traps", just a few bad models/upgrades and a few highly situational. Under no circumstance take... Fuhatsu, Oiran and Monks of High River. Plenty of other lackluster models out there but these are really nicheless in every sense of the word.

And Jorogumo does really well with McCabe for the reactivate.. With others, I'd say there's a bit less use to them, at least compared to the half a dozen 9 ss henchmen TT also has acces to.

10-4

When you guys play do you consider every nook and cranny on a piece of terrain is a different height or assume if its "HT 4" its just all HT 4?

My personal preference is for more or less treating stuff as simple as possible, with some terrain with windows or very large sections being different HTs. It feels a lot like modelling for advantage and slows down games when people try to determine whether or not they have line of sight over one part of the "pile of rocks" because it looks slightly different to the rest of it.

Oiran are actually an excellent counter to Ice Golems and other "low DF" models and with the upgrade to give them all fast and focused they can be pretty dangerous. Thanks to disguise they are dangerous scheme runners against melee focused crews.

Didn't Fuhatsu get a patch upgrade?

Monks of High River are okay with Shenlong thanks to double focus as a 0 and Yu/Shen pushing them out of engagements + fast so they can do their 3 attack charges. But they are completely trash outside of that.

The problem is that all these uses are done as well/much better by models of the same/lower cost. It's not that they can't do anything, it's that what they do pales in comparison to their competition with a similar use. And High River Monks are always trash. Always. Don't waste anyone's AP on trying to get them to do anything, and don't let that focus+2 for a whopping 4 damage get to your head.

Yeah i guess so. The Disengage burning would be awesome if they were actually tough to kill, since they could charge in then hold stuff in their 1 Inch engage and threaten to punish those who don't just fight them. But they are pretty easy to kill iirc.

Here's a written battle report for Asami I found.

schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/recalled-training-i-10t-battle-reports/

malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/ripples-of-fate-review-arcanists.html

Arcanist review is up. The Vidya guards seem pretty cool. The guy who wrote the article doesn't seem very good though. He talks about bansuva being squishy when he can take armor 2 from the metal gamin. He also has the oxfordian mage upgrade costing 17 for all three when it should be 15.

>Upgrade that lets you swap Joss or Howard with a Malifaux Raptor
>"I'm not sure this is worth the ink used to print the words on this upgrade"

I first read that as replacing on the table like with Myranda, and was like "yes that is terrible and not worth the ink it's printed with".

Then I read the actual upgrade, and it seems like it could either be amazing or neat but too hard to pull off reliably, depending on how it's worded.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to have put much thought at all into his judgement calls.

The Vidya definitely look good enough to take in the thematic crew. Might add some stability to the summoning mayhem that must inevitably occur with Sandeep.

Even if it was a Myranda replacement, there're a bunch of cheap, fast Beasts it would be worth Saccing to put Joss where you like.

When I played him in the masters he killed Banasuva repeatedly.

Of course, I just kept putting him in position to die so I could win on points while he was mucking about with a summoned minion, plus he had the upgrade on him where he couldn't cheat cards.

In his experience, it was an easy kill. So I could pick up the head marker and have an easy win.

Everyone misread the Oxford card. Repeatedly. In beta it had to be explained in detail to testers because taking it on three people blows their minds.

RAW each individual rock does have the same HT all around, even if some parts dip a little low. Using windows and such as different HTs is fine though.

not bad, i would add some color to the bases and possibly actual paint around the rim to frame the models. black would really make them pop with the white/black contrast

>Even if it was a Myranda replacement, there're a bunch of cheap, fast Beasts it would be worth Saccing to put Joss where you like.
but you phrased it as replacing Joss with the Beast. Which would be terrible.

That's not what you meant, or what the ability does, it was just how I first read it.

Replacing a steam arachnid with a cerberus wouldn't exactly be bad either.

also true. Like I said, my first reading didn't make much sense.

My main question now is what are the restrictions on this swap action on the upgrade. It's clearly not anywhere on the battlefield, and I'm assuming it's a leader upgrade so there is a downside in it taking an upgrade slot and the zero action.

But other than that, it could be vary a lot in power depending on how it's written. Is it both have to be close to the user. One has to be close the other can be far. Do they have to be clsoe to each other. Can they be engaged.

Unless the restrictions are just awful it's probably still decent in the right list, but it could go all the way to super strong.

Oh i know some crates and other terrain pieces are usually complex and have little windows and stuff, i was just asking about individual player preference.
Do you prefer taking the RAW Cylinders and Blocks approach or prefer a "true to model" approach?

Cylinders and blocks for natural features. I agree that you need to draw a line between what Malifaux does and TLoS somewhere, in which you and your opponent will need to agree on somethng.

Why the fuck does Titania's box come with a flight stand.

Titania can fly, so I imagine that it is an option if you want to drill a hole into her foot

I think there are a couple beast constructs that Marcus could use.

The Rouge Necromancy is a construct right? Although, I could be misremembering.

Maybe one of the faeries too, if you want one to be floating along.

Did you seriously receive a shipment and not post stat card pics?

lol Not everyone is a nice guy.

I believe the RN is both(don't have the cards right now). I'm glad I picked one up for my beast faction. Painting table looks like I'm starting resets with it, the dead dogs, and shikome

Rule34 when?

Depending on how the upgrade is worded, bouncing the RN around the table could be really brutal.

I think someone posted some a while back. But it's a work safe board.

Ya, but he never linked to the source.
There's gotta be some more out there right? Malifaux is sorta popular.

Pretty neto
Coon is that you?

Google's your friend.

I think I'd add some more white highlights. So they don't look more ice like, as opposed to just blue guys.

The bases seem like they could use something too, the pure white seems a little bland. I don't know what to do though. Maybe try a really light blue with white dry brush and flock?

I never even got to see the original image. Just know it was lady j.

"Sexy lady J"
sounds like a good starting point.

only lewd i know of is of this sexy gremlin here taking it from behind

apparently no lewd artist play this game

Anyone know how large a Guardian is compared to a peacekeeper?

Nice.

Goblins have the thickest ladies

>Goblins
It's Gremlins you racist.

just got the email saying my gencon stuff has been posted, anyone else living in the uk order from the US store before? i'm guessing it'll take a 3-4 weeks maybe?

some people just have green fever. they dont care about where the green comes from, its just a fetish for them. absolutely disgusting. Trixie is a strong independent green woman and she dont need no man

Agreed. Wyrd should put out more strong independent green colored women.

Not sure. I'm sure you could find some pics on google if you look for construct crews.

The Peacekeeper is the larger of the two. The Peacekeeper is on a 50mm base, whereas the Guardian is on a 40mm base.

That's another nice thing about Malifaux, since everything uses a bases size and has a Height stat, you have a lot of leeway when modeling and or using Proxies.

Yes, but it's also hunched. Was hoping for a comparison picture.
Found these three, seems they might probably be pretty close in size.

Especially since the plastic Guardian looks taller than the metal, while the metal peacekeeper is taller than the plastic.

im just waiting for a "miss" sculpt for burt jebsen called "miss treated" and have it as some psyho bitch based off that carrie underwood song "before he cheats"

I was so possessed with Rezzers, I never really looked at the guild constructs. The look pretty snazzy.

is the 2 player starter worth picking up for people to learn?

will we ever use the actual models in the set?

can i see the missions that are in the starter set somewhere else if me and friend wanted to learn?

Quite a few of the neverborn models aren't too good comparatively.

I don't like all of them, but a couple are the bee's knees.

>"miss treated"
I dig it.

I really dig the guardian. I want to see what it looks like next to the new Shield Bearers.

As a recent purchase, I can say that if the price is OK, the box is worthwhile. It comes with Fate Decks (Which have the Malifaux suites, damage, and extra rules on the jokers printed for your convenience), small tape measurers which are perfect, and of course the learning book. The learning book covers a lot of stuff, but it doesn't actually go into scheme markers or anything, just that you can take interact actions. Otherwise it is a decent way to ease two people in to it.

The models themselves can be used outside of their set, but only really if you are using them in their specified faction (Other mercs are simply better choices). They synergize best with Sonnia and Lilith respectively, and can give you a complete crew if you get either of those boxes. Grimwell is a really speedy henchman who can hack apart things up close, and the Scion offers condition removal. The bloodwretches are kind of dissapointing though as they don't actually have Black Blood.

is there a pdf of the learning book anywhere?

I want to use the guardian as a base for a peacekeeper custom because that model is chiz.

Adding off of that it probably would have been nicer if they had actually included masters like the 1e one did, some terrain (Even paper terrain like what the Infinity 2P starter set has), and some counters for conditions and blasts. I imagine that they didn't want to raise the price any higher (I got mine for $47, but it MSRPs for $70).

No, but I can scan the thing if anyone wants it. The scenarios all have the models in the box in mind, but I imagine that it would be possible to play the entire thing if you just had 8 30mm circular pieces of paper with the names of the models written on them. You might want to print out the cards and upgrades (All in the 3rd book in the mega archive in the OP) as well.

yeah i would love to have it if you find the time

I will get to that and post it here later. One thing I really like about it is the ongoing story. I initially thought that the characters would just be goobers, especially as Grimwell hadn't been mentioned in fluff beforehand despite other guys working in the sanitarium being mentioned by name. By the end of the campaign I found the journal entries to be pretty funny in the way that all of the morbid humor in Malifaux is.

Could anyone with a male multipart kit post some other angles of these legs?

about Gremlin clothing, do they all steal or can some sew?

Considering that Malifaux is really low in children, I wondered where these clothes were coming from. I just can't see gremlins having the patience to sew clothing.

early gremlins got their clothing from giving humans directions / stealing/ conning them out of it, gremlins would be seen as smart or stupid depending on how much clothing they had. stuff now is gotten through raids and trades. I have always assumed gremlins (like warhammer greenskins) are all autistic children. sure yoyuu may not think any can sew but I bet you there is some gremlin somewhere in the bayou that does nothing but sew all day, and like all other greenskin fluff there stuff is highly treasured by leaders of groups and is held in some high regard in the upper circle of gremlin society

Is it a waste to use Montessori to move your own pieces? Pull the noose seems like the furthest one piece can get brought along.

Nothing stops you from using Toss the Noose on your own guy and relenting. You still get to flip and potentially cheat for the attack, to get the crow.

You can also just attack normally and flip for both models, since you might not actually want a negative flip on damage in case you need to cheat in a weak card. In the worst case, though, you'd be cheating on Montressor for the crow, the defending model to get cheatable damage, and on the damage flip which is pretty steep.

This makes the most sense to me. Sammy copying Zorida is proof at least some of them know how to use a needle.

I'm pretty sure that gremlins are good enough at apeing behavior to have some tailors.

Would it be useful to pursue a means of giving the target defensive?

Worked on two lovely ladies for different crew lists tonight, tomorrow I'm thinking about trixy and frank and possibly finishing up my piggies.

I think your probably better off looking for another source of pushes.

I don't want this to sound mean, but why does the dog look so much better? Was it done later with more accumulated experience?

those cheap art store plastic plants look pretty good cut up and put on bases. maybe ill go back and grab a few after all

But everything is basically a push or move of 4-6". Doesn't look like there are too many good sources.

That, and the flesh-tone looks more fucked up, up close it would seem. I didn't notice those brushstrokes when I was painting her.

yeah Michaels was having a sale on them about two weeks back and knocked them down to like 50% off. They might still be running that deal considering summer is ending and they have to rotate stock.

hobby lobby is doing it too. stocked up on a lot of woodland scenics stuff. did you get the corn stalks things?