40k: headcanon, fanon, and canon you'd like to add

so, Veeky Forums, what's your take on events/things/people in 40k?

Anything you'd like for the continuity to add (or retcon)?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sebastian Yarrick is effectively immortal because of the Orks gestalt field believing him to be unkillable. He is every waking moment is wracked with pain, his body reacts to the psy-field generated by the Orks to fight and kill them, when Orks are near in sufficient numbers he becomes a prisoner in his own body, able only to watch his body moves of its own accord.

As for the Baleful Eye, the ability predated the implant. The Orks thought he could kill with a glance long before he recieved the implant, the implant was needed to prevent others suspecting the taint of Chaos in him.

The reason he is able to understand and speak Orkish is purely because of the orkish gesalt field affecting his mind. He has tried to kill himself dozens of times, but each time his body repairs itself when brought near Orks, his life is a torment and he long ago lost his sanity to the Orks.

>The fact that it's really Guilliman in the stasis field
>The omega vault is a way to awaken pskyer potential in every human at once
>If Chaos ''wins'' they'll just fade away into nothingness,same thing for the 'Nids,wither away without food

>>The fact that it's really Guilliman in the stasis field

That isn't new or original, I want to believe it is one of the Alpha Legion Primarchs on the cusp of achieving demonhood, which the Ultramarines have brought back to the very heart of their homeworld, the most protected place in the whole of the Imperium, outside of Terra.

Other Primarchs achieved similar results upon the slaying of a brother Primarch and their Marines.

That the Hrud are still space skaven and not jellyfish.
Jellyfish aliens are still cool, but come on! Gimme space rats!

Ollanius Pius is NOT a Perpetual.

He's the last surviving faithful of an old religion, and he was an Imperial Army soldier, but he was not fucking immortal.

>By The Emperor

ELDAR DO NOT SHIT CRYSTALS.

>People born on Luna tend to be shorter, weaker, and more sickly than your average Imperial citizen. Despite this, the "Loonies" are quite friendly and hospitable.

>There are thousands of small Xeno empires on the fringes of Imperial space, most of which consider themselves the "equals" of the Imperium. The Ordo Xenos has a rule of thumb regarding these "empires"; they are only worth the effort of purging when they expand to the extent that they grasp the full extent of the Imperium.

>Pleasure Worlds have Guard regiments, just like anyone else. They are surprisingly effective, as they have far more education than your average guardsman.

>Ollanius Pius was a simple soldier in the Imperial Army. Not a perpetual, not a termie, just a man.

>Ynnead will enter the Warp, dead set on slaying She Who Thirsts. Then he'll have his ass kicked by Fulgrim.

>>Ynnead will enter the Warp, dead.

Fixed that for you, as when he emerges he will be consumed wholly by Slannesh. At the peak of the Eldars race, with only a fraction of those pious enough to give their 'Good' gods strength, they were only just strong enough to not be consumed entirely, now thousands of years later they number less, know less while Slannesh has only grown stronger and more powerful after gorging on countless souls, beings and corruption?

How can the Eldar hope to manifest in the Warp stronger than a being they could not defeat at their highest peak?

The Squats come back as a real faction.

>The Squats never existed but where used as a means of securing more resources for another war that High Command refused contribute towards.

y tho

What do they specifically offer as a faction that isn't already done by the significantly larger Mechanicus?

They're also a gigantic middle finger to the second most powerful organization in the Imperium, and have no real fluff justification for why they are able to get away with it.

They just don't fit anymore, at least in their original form. The Demiurg are pretty ok, though.

>Malcador the Sigillite was a much smaller version of the Emperor, conducted at a time when not all the Shamans and wise-men were able to meet the designated meeting place to create the New Man. And so they conducted a smaller scale pact in agreement with those that formed the Emperor.

>This is how his powers were able to hold on long enough upon the Golden Throne and give the Emperor power upon his death, his strength rejoined the whole as they were meant to do in the beginning. Finally all the Shaman of Old Earth joined together.

Kaldor Draigo is actually the Ding Dong Ditch kid of the Warp

>Kaldor Draigo is actually part of the gene-therapy that all Grey Knights recieve and is built in to the genetic memory of the entire Chapter in order to better stand against the demons of the Warp.

>He never existed in any meaningful way other than an idea to help better defend against the unknown.

Individual Kriegers still have their own personalities. They're not all robots like everyone wants to say.

This is still a beautiful interpretation of Kriegers, but it goes too far in the other direction. You can't completely kill personality.

>They're also a gigantic middle finger to the second most powerful organization in the Imperium, and have no real fluff justification for why they are able to get away with it.

Eh, I'd put the Mechanicus and Ecclessiarchy on even footing on that front. Both are utterly essential.

Some of these are really good.

>When Draigo appears on the battlefield, it's because he's "believed" into existence by the GK. This is possible because the barriers between reality and the warp are thin-to-non-existent where the GK operate. This is why he only ever appears during daemonic incursions and disappears once the incursion is ended.

Word it better dude, 'believed in to existance' is Disney level.

>Draigo is the manifestation of the Grey Knights iron purity, not a man, nor a Grey Knight but the collective willpower of the entire Chapter.

>It is through hypnotherapy during the creation of the Grey Knights which implants the fabricated idea in to the minds of aspirants, this is how is able to smash the gardens of Nurgle and carve the name on to the heart of a Demon Primarch. Neither in reality nor the Warp did these events have take place but the effect they have on the Grey Knight is very real indeed.

>Krieg wasn't actually low-priority for IG reinforcements when Jurten called for aid. That's just what he was told by the Istvaanian Inquisitor who had been observing the situation from orbit.

That's actually pretty cool! Good work man.

>The Imperial Guard are actually well trained, competent soldiers with even more competent generals and leaders

Might as well be an alternate universe at this moment to be honest.

Grim, but in a good way.

>Heresy was actively ignored, encouraged and completely directed by the Inquisition in order to mould Krieg in to the planet we know and love today
>The Planet Kreig was purposefully allowed to fall to Chaos and Heresey because the Emperors tarot had foresaw a great gift to the Imperium would be recieved in its future state.
>The Imperial High Command watched with baited breath for Kreig to emerge from its Nuclear War in order to take it's harvest of unbreakable soldiers to send to the worlds it needed, the Vitae Womb was already primed and approved and sanctified well before the first bomb exploded in Kriegs orbit.
>The Imperial Guard doomed the planet to a life of redemption, pain, suffering and rigid discipline purely for the gain of Krieg Regiments.

It was all intention and deliberate guys

.Had to repost to make it clearer. Fank u.

>The Imperial Guard are actually well trained, competent soldiers with even more competent generals and leaders

They are. IG have solid training by most accounts, and are actually good at their job. Just remember that, most of the time, that job consists of putting down rebellions or fighting local small-scale waaaghs. But when you throw normal humans against superhumans and daemons, they're going to struggle no matter how much training they've had.

Really?
Well here I was not actually knowing that. I lurk a lot on these threads and play plenty of Warhammer Vidya, but I simply do not have the money for the actual game or codexes.
Thanks for this info friendo!

The majority of these are mine.

1. The Emperor was physically unremarkable; absent the use of psychic powers, he was a man of unremarkable height and strength. Occasions when he appeared as a radiant giant or manifested inhuman strength were accomplished by use of psychic powers, either illusion, biomancy or telekinesis.

2. The sex drive of Space Marines is arrested at the point to which it had developed before the implantation of the geneseed, so in most cases, Space Marines have no sex drive.

3. Stormtroopers are almost exclusively male because female Progena who meet the fitness requirements to be stormtroopers are almost always assigned to the Sororitas.

>They are. IG have solid training by most accounts, and are actually good at their job. Just remember that, most of the time, that job consists of putting down rebellions or fighting local small-scale waaaghs. But when you throw normal humans against superhumans and daemons, they're going to struggle no matter how much training they've had.
>Well here I was not actually knowing that. I lurk a lot on these threads and play plenty of Warhammer Vidya, but I simply do not have the money for the actual game or codexes.
Yeah, for every Regiment made of dunces given Lasguns and pointed in the direction of the enemy, there is one that operates like a modern first world army.
It's just the Imperium is so MINDBOGGLINGLY HUGE that it has millions of each and of every grade in between, with a few million more outliers on either end.

Thus, whatever you decide "Your Guys" are going to be, they should be easily able to fit into the setting.

>2. The sex drive of Space Marines is arrested at the point to which it had developed before the implantation of the geneseed, so in most cases, Space Marines have no sex drive.

>3. Stormtroopers are almost exclusively male because female Progena who meet the fitness requirements to be stormtroopers are almost always assigned to the Sororitas.

Both of these are already in the lore. I like the Emperor one though.

>Recaff is actually very flavorful and refreshing when fresh out of the tin
>It's just a metric pain in the ass to keep it that way

IG are actually Best of the Best from their home planets, their ranks being drawn from the top 10% of the PDF and/or being recruited and trained rigorously, iirc.

>Supplying recaff to soldiers is secondary to supplying them with working weapons.
>Majority of recaff is sent to the officer class
>What is then sent to the regular soldiers is the used recaff-cubes (beans) repackaged and shipped down rank.
>One of the largest secrets in the Imperial Guard, an open secret that carries a harsh penalty for betraying.

Her legs are longer than her.

We should've used a third nuke.

Urgh. I agree with you, but some of the people I run for 40KRPG for don't and the fluff contradicts itself. So I tend to stump those up as up-front assumptions when I GM.

>A young soldier jumps in front of a heretics snubber and saves his commanding officer
>Not at all life threatening given the 40th millenniums medicine, but his officer is nonetheless touched by his show of valor and selflessness.
>When the Guardsmen awakes and is able to walk again, he is ordered to report to the officers quarters
>They share a batch of fresh, officer-level recaff
>Years later this soldier commands one of the finest Regiments of the Guardsmen in history
>When asked what drives him to such heights he simply responds
>"Recaff is the finest gift the Emperor can give."

>He prefers tea and wretches

You can download the codexes here if you want: mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

In the millenia before revealing himself to humanity during the Age of Strife, the Emperor lived in every human culture and in every station - a man, a woman, a sage, a fool, a queen, a peasant - every aspect of humanity was experienced to better lead the human race and repel the Ruinous Powers of Chaos.

>a woman
And thus, thousands of rule 34 were born.

>Most commissars aren't blam! machines, and act as administrative officers on top of their political duties. Trigger-happy commissars are as common as trigger-happy regular officers or Ecclessiarchy priests.
Commissar is a real function in the army of my country, so I always linked 40k commissars with their RL counterparts.

That is actually how 40k commissars are. The one that are BLAM! happy tend to not last very long.

I don't know if we see a disproportionate amount of *BLAM*, but because of where the metaphorical camera focuses.

In-universe, most of the time, Guard fight rebels, heretics or traitors and when they aren't fighting those, it's often Orks.

But when we see them "on screen", it's often being slaughtered by Tyranids, Necrons, Chaos Space Marines, Daemons or some other horrific, mind-bending nightmare.

And it may be that when normal men must be made to stand against screeching horrors, literal nightmares made flesh, that the best way to do it is to stand behind them, letting them know, bone-deep, that a single backwards step means a bolt-shell to be brain.

Might it not be that *BLAM!* is a last resort, but we just see the Guard on screen in positions where the last resorts get broken out?

Well, yeah. Pretty obvious that the fluff text focuses on the action and conflicts instead of what farmer bobintine on agriworld who-gives-a-fuckistan 3 does.

Probably not make the Eldar so pants on head retarded about diplomacy/manipulation of other factions.

DoW 1, there's a daemon artefact with a daemon inside. We're not going to tell you about it, go ask your inquisitor. We're not going to explain why you shouldn't break it open, we're just going to shoot you.

Winter Assault, you could have just told the guardsman that necrons are coming and they're going to need your specific brand of space voodoo to kill them off.

DoWII: If there's a freaking impending tyranid invasion, just fucking tell them there's a tyranid invasion, you don't have to send an ork Waaagh! that'll inevitably cause their numbers to drop.

Tyranids and c'tan are strong psykers without using the warp because the materium is malleable much like the warp is. It's just much harder move , akin too trying too swim through pitch instead of water. Thus it can only be shaped by truly titanic forces of will, like you find in a gestalt consciousness of an entire species or ancient star gods.

not the c'tan. Their whole shtick is being anti warp.

Just started the Ciaphas Cain series and noticed that it takes place roughly about the same time as the Gaunt series (I think)

In the 2nd book of Cain, it's mentioned about something Sabbatine in passing. Is that referencing Saint Sabbat's rebirth?

>And thus, thousands of rule 34 were born.
It's Rule 34 user, there has to be thousands...

...Also, you know, Rule 63.

when does Gaunt series start?

Thats literally my whole point, they don't use the warp but can still do psyker like things. Because they are "reality psykers"

During the 760s of M41 I think. Not too sure.

I seem to recall Cain saying he made it into his second century, and that was implied to be in the 42nd millennium.

Ah so 900s of the M41 I guess. So Gaunt by then is either dead or Governer of New Tanith (I hope that comes true.)

Eldar unification and expansion

>high heels in a warzone

are they even trying?

The warp is a perverse reflection of psychic capable creation, and has some correlation with real space as well. All the war and negative thoughts only serve to fuel chaos even further.

If you go far enough out, past the halo stars even, the warp becomes much quieter. Or full of only an insatiable hunger, if you are in Tyranid space.

Speaking of Tyranids, I think they are drawn to the Astranomicon.

weren't they drawn to that Phaeros device from the Heresy era?

If it were me, Guardsman's Uplifting Primer would be a tad more accurate as to the foes they face in the galaxy.

None of this stupid alien, easy to beat crap. At least tell them they're tough to kill, but concerted teamwork wins out in the end.

They're drawn too the galaxy in general because its relatively big and has life, hive fleeth leviathan was being drawn too the astronomicon before kryptmann redirected it into that ork empire.

also, why do you use 'too' in place of 'to'?

>Then he'll have his ass kicked by Fulgrim.

Can we fucking not?

Because I'm posting on a phone and miss some autocorrect shenanigans.

Space Marines *can* develop a sex drive (or rather, recover it) but it requires a decidedly unintuitive process of breaking through the wall of their hypnotherapy, and very few marines have the free time or inclination to bother with it.

Regardless, they're sterile.

I find funny that the only time the eldar won in DOW, the Blood Ravens weren't present in the conflict.

>are they even trying?
Not really, but it's an entire series turning everything in the game into sexy ladies, so what are you going to do?

>Regardless, they're sterile.
Chem Gelding is an OPTION for Marine Player Characters, so they aren't sterile by default.
Thing is, there is no evidence that Gene-seed Augmentation alters the reproductive genetics inside of a Marines testicles, so any offspring aren't going to be born with any Marine Augments.

>Chem Gelding is an OPTION for Marine Player Characters, so they aren't sterile by default.
>Thing is, there is no evidence that Gene-seed Augmentation alters the reproductive genetics inside of a Marines testicles, so any offspring aren't going to be born with any Marine Augments.
Oh. Figured the "all mutants are sterile" rule would apply to them. Eh, perhaps it would've applied to the Primarchs instead.

They didn't win that time either.

The Guard totally won that. Anything else is heresy.

>Oh. Figured the "all mutants are sterile" rule would apply to them.
Wait, since when has that been a thing?

I thought one of the reasons you Purged the Mutant was to keep their aberrant genes from spreading...

>Eh, perhaps it would've applied to the Primarchs instead.
Perhaps, but even then it's an iffy subject, since the Emperor himself apparently sired some children.

Then why Alexander went to Kronus? If he had not found that Titan Cannon, Thule would had found a way to get rid of him without killing him.

fucking

Tzeentch is literally playing Dwarf Fortress with Squats that got sucked into the warp. A few thousand years from now he'll have built up a tainted world full of maddened Squats who are able to withstand Warp Madness and Daemon onslaughts.

yeah, and good work on that!

>Then why Alexander went to Kronus?

is this grammatically correct? Can you have word order like this?

I do not speak english. I am sorry about that.

no I'm genuinely curious. I see it all over the Internet and I'm not a native either.

>presenting FFG as canon
Opinion even further discarded than usual ND bullshit

A friend of mine writes like that, I think it's because some asiatic languages (my friend is indonesian) don't have tenses.

Its in line with GWs fluff. Marines being sterile is pure fanon

>Governer of New Tanith (I hope that comes true.)
We all know that the final book, The Last of the Tanith, will end with Milo playing the Tanith bagpipes over Gaunt's unmarked grave

Space marines aren't mutants.

>Perhaps, but even then it's an iffy subject, since the Emperor himself apparently sired some children
Someone else's head cannon i liked was that one of the missing primarchs was female, and subsequently killed when it was discovered she was fertile and could start a race of primarch demigods that would replace humanity.

There's no such thing as the Raven Guard Chapter Master, just a pseudonym that is sometimes adopted by various captains when appearances need to be maintained.

To that end, the Raven Guard's reserve companies act as a sort of counter to the Alpha Legion's activities in the Imperium, trying unravel their operations and subvert them without causing too much collateral damage.

This should be canon.

I had an idea for a book like that. While scouts can still pass as big guys they are put on planets to run gangs, get close to governors based on some sorta early detection like a librarian or on the trail of some planet fucking alpha legion BBEGs.

Engaging in all sorts of political power plays and assassinations to destabilize potential chaos regimes. And of course setting down a homing beacon when the chaos marines show up.

There are some Necron tomb worlds still serving the C'tan, and these were the first to wake up.

Thus, there are still some Oldcrons remaining in the galaxy.

No! The prissy space elf messiah WILL be bitch slapped by a horny Mon Keigh daemon, damn you!

I fucking hope not. The way Abnett has been saying that Gaunt was Slaydo's chosen, and his bictory at the hive, I'm honestly expecting a Warmaster Gaunt. It's wishful thinking for so grimdark a setting, but one can dream right?

>Sigmar and Omegon are the 2nd and 11th primarchs.
>Space Wolves shattered the legions.
>Ultramarines absorbed the remnants.
>Alpha Legion took in the primarchs (because the Emperor deemed them too valuable despite whatever they did to piss him off).

I've always seen the warp has an infinite dreamland. Sure it's dominated by the big four, but there's a multitude of other minors gods, and since it's a reflexion of every thought and emotion there's also positive places and entities (anyways, I don't see how you're supposed to have the star child, legio damnatus,imperial miracles or ynnead if the warp is limited to the chaos gods)
GW focus on those four gods seems so rigid and unchaotic to me.

>Sebastian Yarrick is effectively immortal because of the Orks gestalt field believing him to be unkillable.

Any interesting headcanon for the Alpha Legion?

The man sat in the Temple of Corrections in Ultramarr is one of the Alpha Legion Primarchs, he is frozen in statis just before his transformation in to a Demon Primarch, he is now in the very heart of the Ultramarines realm and if/when they lower the statis field, demons and all manner of creature will spill forth, creating hell for the inhabitants of this favored realm.

The Alpha Marines know full well of this and have spent centuries infiltrating the Ultramarines with loyal servants, when the times comes they will be crippled from the inside with Gene-seed poisoning, Armor ruination and a handful of specialist Alpha Legionaries.

They're closet loyalists, also pic related.

Headcanon: there's still a civilization out there with STCs. Maybe it's beyond the sight of the astronomicon, but it's there, stranded without warp travel.

>Cypher has an STC. A whole one. Run by an uncorrupted Man of Gold who is telling him how to evade both the Imperium and Chaos.