Age of Sigmar General AOS

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6 (embed)

Worst faction in the game edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Thetriumphofdeath.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmar_Gabriel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>worst faction in the game
>fyreslayers

Those aren't Skaven.

First for bonesplitterz fags need to re-evaluate their lives if they think spamming hundreds of archers is good for the game

>Order keeps all three cities

Literally the worst outcome from a narrative standpoint. Basically the story is that nothing important happened. They write a bit about it and then move on, brushing the embarrassment under the rug and write a massive loss for order in a future campaign book to try to convince non order players they are still relevant.

My guess is that Tzeentch will bring about a loss for Order big time when they get to their release in the fall, something to break up the endless victories they keep writing for Order.

Also I expect them to make either Nagash or Gorkamorka ally with Archaon by next summer to make the fight more fair for the next story event.

>Clan Skyre with their shooting spam is worse then Fyreslayers...

>Literally the worst outcome from a narrative standpoint. Basically the story is that nothing important happened.

Not really, they kicked Chaos in the balls and took back a realm. That's a big fucking development, because Order isn't the status quo.

Fyreshitter here. We don't even have a gimmick build like savage orcs or good battalions like pestilens.

We've got style though

Mostly meant lore not crunch.

First for casual babies need to stay with open and narrative and let the competitive master race suck all the fun out of the game in the name of autistic dick waggling.

agree completely.
haven't saw archer spam yet. only theoretic here on th.
im doing bonesplittaz as my new project and im not having even a single one. if i wanted to be a pussy and use archers I would have played fucking wood elves.
yes you do.
you use your smith to teleport 20 auric runeguards to take objective and single.handled obliterate a unit.
then they die on the first charge
go ahead. Its incredibly easy.
use tin bitz(i think it has a different name now, something like warlock bronze), apply Gw oxyde on most of the model, then drybrush heavily with the new gw copper(cant remember the name)and then auric gold(lighty, and do it only when you want to see some light). Its incredibly realistic when you look at it irl and its so easy to paint it feels like cheating.
pic unrelated

warplock bronze, I think yeah.

>4 factions fighting over 3 cities
> One faction, the one that started with them, proceed to not lose a single city, ever
>Not a single city falls to any of the other factions
>Somehow this makes a more interesting story

Dude if any of the cities fell to any of the other factions that would have been worlds more interesting then the waste of time this summer event was.

>pissed off ripped dwarfs rampaging naked across the realms to get their precious jew gold
how is this not the best lore?

>style
>mirror CAD dwarves

HAAWAAH

The fuck are you on? I said Skaven lore a shit. Fyreslayers are good lore.

>Implying
Order wins all cities however it turns out there were a huge amount of Tzeentch artifacts/heroes trapped in the Pheonicum and all the fighting releases them
Will all of Ghyran under her control Arielle turns her back on Sigmar saying "I'll help, but don't expect me to be proactive when it isn't in my realm"

Btw, i just got both bonesplittaz battletomem and dominion of chaos because they looked nice.
holy shit, the art improved SO much in quality after the reign of terror of kirby ended.
All art is polished and really good, the lore is amazing and it made me want to collect savage orcs again.
Dominion of chaos on the other hand is...okay.
it has only 2 new illustration(fucking badass and gorgeous, tho)and 6 new battleplans.
Im really happy8and hyped)for the new direction of Aos.
Also, in the battletome a return of Gorkamorka is hinter pretty hard.
MUH HYPE

Alirali's going to be pissed about them digging up and ruining Ghyran for that big floating iron city.

threadly reminder:

If you play more than two stonehorns/thundertusks total, you're a shit big and I'm counter picking you until you learn your lesson

>want to start fyreslayers
>everyone shitting on them
>not even a start collecting bundle

I did that today and lost.

I'm going to run nothing but stonehorns and thundertusks the next time i play, and im probably going to lose in that match as well.

Moonclan Grots for sneaky wins

Git gud without cheese.

problems with fyreslayers:
-no cavalry
-everythings slow-and naked
-awfully sculpted infantry models
-tfw no magic
its not as shit as many say, they have some good gimmick and their units performs well if they can manage to charge; problem is, you will play a lot of model, most of them will footslog around the board reaching anything too late to change the game.
A lot depends on scenarios tho.

>doing this to someone who just bought the icewind assault bundle for the easy 2k
No user, you're the asshole.

How do I git gud?

Mournfang are terrible and everything else just melts because of those sweet sweet 6+ saves.

To the guy who argued about bringing big models in low points game: last week I played against Gordrakk in a 1k game.
Manage to beat him and then laugh as i swept the surviving grots off the table next turn.
Big models in small games are a gamble and most of the time they will be the reason of the loss.
You can outmanouver them too easily when your army has 10x times your models.
Also, big models die FAST. it may not seem from their stats but if you manage to engage them at your conditions they can diein one or two turns ez.
the just said Gordrakk has been killed by a single 20 men plague monks unit.
Savage, probably their best moment of glory.

>mournfang are terrible
No, user. No they aren't. As a fellow beastclaw, git gud.

man, i gotta say these new/recent orc models (ironjaws/bonesplittaz respectively) looks really good. Especially without that weird broken back ass out gorilla posture older orks/orcs had. hell i appreciate the ironjaws more without most of the armor because of the structure and anatomy stuff being aesthetically appealing.

how are you supposed to open a game with beastclaw? I've tried just running at people as fast as i can, i've tried staying out of reach of ranged weapons, ive tried spreading out and sticking together, ive tried going first, going second, deploying skaalds early, doing it late, going for big things, going for small things...

The only time my army has every done anything satisfactory is when they mange to not be dead after 5 turns, when there is less than 10% of what started on the field.

How fucking DARE you take more points than the posted limit.

2000 Points 1-6 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-4 Artillery, 0-4 Behemoths

460 Frostlord on Stonehorn, Leader, Behemoth, Yeti-pelt Cloak (roll a die in the hero phase, on a 4+ heal d3 wounds, otherwise heal 1 wound)

360 Stonehorn Beastriders, Battleline

200 Mournfang Pack x2, Battleline
200 Mournfang Pack x2, Battleline
60 Frost Sabres x2

Hey guys, if I'm painting my army Stirland style, green and yellow, how should I apply this to Demigryph knights?

Knights have their own heraldry, state colours are for state troops. You could do them largely metallic with the cloth green and yellow or just have it in a few spot places to tie them in with the peasants.

Alright, I think I might copy a Knight Griffon scheme for them then. Dark Green and Gold.

Hey guys haven't really paid attention to the lore of the end times. Anyone know where I can start book wise to get caught up?

Also as a first tabletop wargame do you guys think I should invest in this? Sigmarines look pretty fuckin cool.

Drycha goes full "Save the Trees" and the Sylvaneth destroy the cities

Order grabbed a huge chunk of the Realm of Life but most it still belongs to Nurgle. The War for Life is far from over.

>Also as a first tabletop wargame do you guys think I should invest in this? Sigmarines look pretty fuckin cool.

Yeah, I mean, GW is the big dog so there's the more support and players pretty much anywhere.

On top of that AoS is incredibly simple, it's really good as a first game.

Just remember to go slow. Don't buy a 2000 point army. Buy a box of stuff, or a single start collecting box.

Paint it and play it. Then buy more stuff.

You can also go to a GW and paint a stormcast for free, using their paint (and you keep the mini). They'll help you learn techniques too if you ask them.

Everqueen would bend her bipolar daughter over her knee and spank her before she does anything to the Living City that she built herself.

RIP any fleeting interest in the game. They were pretty much the only faction I cared about.

I'll probably still pick up a box of them sometime

I say fucking go for it user.

You like the Fyreslayers? Grab them and don't look back. Don't let another user dissuade you. Learn how to play your favorite and learn how to win.

This is the best time to finally field what you like best and the damn points have brought the people back that go

"Don't take _________ it's shit. ___________ can do __________ better for ____________ less/more points."

It's a game goddammit. Play whatever you'll have fun playing.

I would suggest just doing the standard quartered scheme on the cloth and heraldry, and paint the armour in a reddish bronze instead of boring ol silver, should contrast well with the green and yellow

So quartered green/yellow on their shields and banners, reddish bronze for the armour, and what about the Demigryph's armour? If I do both in the bronze, won't they just blend together?

We'll just have to make it work, user. If they do end up sucking, one day they'll get buffed and we'll be better players for it!

She closed the gate and cleansed the lifestream though, tossing out the glottkin like the trash they are.

To the new death-player user from the last thread:
You got 1960 points so far. For general I would go with vamp. Bone daddy WK is best at buffing big blocks of skellies, and you have other stuff as well. If you run 3x20 skellies you have full battleline (nothing else is, and at 2k you need 3). More skeletons for bumping up the units is also good, but you could always benefit from more soulblights, like some cheap bat swarms for -1 to hit from shooting or blood knights to give you a rough one-two combo with vamp lord. Remember you need 4+ battleline if you wanna go over 2000 though.

She claimed the Allgate of Life preventing Archaon from funneling endless Nurglite reinforcements into the Realm of Life from Varanspire/Allpoints. With that done, She and Order have to reclaim the majority of the Realm of Life which is still under the control of Nurgle.

And if they hold the cities, they can take the realm.

It's a start but not the end. they have a long way to go.

>Glottkin
>Trash

U wot m8

Nurgle is love.

Nurgle is trash. Sigmar is love.

so, any thoughts, what they will show us on open day 13?
Will we see dat khornate dragon?
KhorneFag

Probably a non-complete/beta version of it, filthy Bloodfag

New Death units when? We need options

Pour more skellies on the affected area.

Hey /AoSG/, help me out. I've got 10 Freeguild Guard, 10 Handgunners, a General and one of those Volley Guns. Just what should I buy next?

More Guard? Handgunners?

More Handgunners, get that unit to a nice big 20

Okay, handgunners it is. Thanks. Also is it worth getting a General on a Griffon if I already have the infantry and horseback one?

The griffon general is a surprisingly beefy beatstick. Very straightforward, but he's cheap and strong.

Just be sure to name him Karl or Franz, ja?

Okay, thanks.

well the fluff is the leader of the group claims to be the sole inheritor of the crown of an ancient kingdom in Ghyran. The claim is dubious at best, but he managed to get enough followers to believe it to fight for him and he sets up a fort there as part of Sigmar's push into taking that realm back.

Don't you think that making references to Karl Franz is a touch mary sue-ish?

I really want aos to be the grand age of good people.

like chaos is driven back slowly and the grand alliance of order enters the golden age.

the age that we never get to play, because in every game the good guys are losing and we only read about the "GOLDEN TIMES" where they expanded.

i want to play the game where the good guys are expanding.

That's not the spirit of AoS.

It doesn't matter what you take unless winning is important or you're playing a competitive battle with delicately balanced armies.

Just play with whatever is fun. it's a game after all.

Let the Karaz Ankor rise again!

Karl (Charles) is a proper royal name though

Yeah true. I just don't want arguments or something. I do like the name though.

Ah yes it would make a change from the tired "imminent doom" theme. It would feel like actually achieving something too, not a waste of time.

And then the Dark Elves can be bad guys again!

Shadow Aelves are probably taking their place, Dark Elves are just legacy at that point.

Could use one of them just to not have to greenstuff all the KF stuff off the scrolls though. If I'm buying one, I'll be bretifying him with greenstuff. Either him or 300 pts of demigryphs and crossbows.

I want to make a big army of mostly just Spooky Scary Skeletons and Grave Guard led by Arkhan and a Wight King.

Would that be a boring army to play against?

I just love the idea of a sea pof spear armed skeletons with just a few other units sprinkled around to make it interesting.

This version doesn't have Karl Franz stuff on it, does it?

Dark Elves are the evilish Aelves living in Azyr.

The Aelves in Ulgu are nothing like them. See the models in Silver Tower for ideas on how they look like.

My point was that once they come out, they're the new evilish elves and Dark Elves are legacy then.

Pretty sure the Dark Elves factions in the GAO book will get a BT at some point.

Add Black Knights for troubleshooting and I'd play it in a heartbeat, with or against, if I had the models of course.
It would be quite a challenge to get through all of them, too. Just make sure you're playing against someone who has a way of dealing with hordes, it's no fun getting mobbed to death.
Have a great work of true art, my fellow Skelebro. Keep the death rattling.
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Thetriumphofdeath.jpg

Ahh nope. Talabheim tho? I don't have the model yet.

Add in black knights and use them as a big Legion of Death batallion for move and rez bonuses.

Pretty sure that's painted on, not molded.

So during the entire campaign Order has never once been toppled from its position? I suppose the other three factions are just shit?

Early on Chaos took Phoenecium for a few hours several times.

Other armies aren't shit, there's just way more Order armies, as many as the other factions combined. And since it's not Order versus All, no one can beat them.

I have heard that argument before, but it's not really all that convincing to me.

Let's hear why you think that then.

Sure, it's a really good model. I think there was something going around a bit back that pairing him up with a Loremaster is a brutal combo.

Death had Phoenicum for like 3 hours on Day 1

Elves are the most popular factions since last Warhammer edition. People just like elves more than dinosaurs, dorfs, puffy renaissance humans and King Arthur knockoffs. It's elves that does all the heavy lifting in this campaign.

>this is what elves actually believe

Get this steamhead out of here.

Seeng this thread on the catalog really sucks if you're german. Every fucking time I read "Age of Sigmar Gabriel" and get an urge to vomit.

Could you explain this for non german anons?

youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0

The Silver Tower shard bloke looks exactly like recycled Dark Eldar assets.

It's going to be weird trying to be MORE evil than vanilla Dark Elves (aka: "Exiles").

Scourge Privateers: pirates, slavers and sea monsters

Shadowblades: Literal assassins who survived being boiled in blood as a child

Daughters of Khaine: Naked lunatics who bathe in blood, run rampant through their own streets slaughtering everyone in sight and kidnapping the aforementioned children because BLOOD FOR ~~THE BLOOD GOD~~ KHAINE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmar_Gabriel
The head of the SPD, germanies second largest party after the CDU and current vice chancellor. Literally no one likes him, be it conservatives or leftists as his both incompetent and charmless.

There's literal shadow daemons running around in Ulgu, so I'd guess they'd be evil.

Yeah for sure but that's boring.
>"they're evil cos they're demons innit?"

That and their leader is Morathi.

But there can be daemons of order now, so who knows?

The ogor BT mentions the existence of Shadowmen in Ulgu.

you know this makes me wonder
who are they actually enslaving and assasinating
can't be any of the other order lads because the whole alliance thing right ?

She's back?

NICE! ..I think