My group includes a pretty woman...

My group includes a pretty woman. She happens to be a childhood friend of mine and she's been playing along us since forever. She's a valuable member of it and we all like her. A couple months ago a new guy joined the group.

He's cool, he's a good player, and in most respects he's an intelligent person and fun to talk to. The only problem is, he keeps hitting on that other group member. Not literally all the time, but like, several times per session. Whenever there's the slightest lull in the game, or everyone's eating, or we go out, he just immediately goes into wannabe Casanova mode and acting how I'm sure he imagines real smooth (the guy's cool in many respects, but a romantic he very much isn't).

It's making the girl uncomfortable, and most importantly, it's making everyone else uncomfortable. We tried talking to him, but he keeps firmly denying it whenever it's brought up. Being a bit of a social fuckup myself I'd normally err on the side of "maybe he really is just that awkward at trying to have normal conversation", but... This REALLY doesn't seem to be the case. Like, he's not subtle. He sucks at subtlety. Spaghetti like an Italian bistro.

We've tried being nice and understanding, we've tried reaching a compromise, we've even done a special talk with the entire group, but we can't accomplish anything when he wouldn't even admit what he obviously does. I don't want to kick him off for something that feels like it should have such an easy solution, but it's grating and it may cause friction within the group.

Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

vgperson.tumblr.com/post/21533650696/help-the-girl-i-like-wont-respond-to-my-emails
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Give him an ultimatum.

You tried talking with him, so kick him from the group.

Sure the MRAs get another devotee but maybe he'll learn to not be such a toolbag.

Only Sith deal in ultimatums.

What kind?

Tell him to stop hitting on femanon or he's no longer invited to play. It's better to lose one player than to lose the entire group.

Don't people argue nowadays that valkyries should've been riding wolves?

WE HAVE A WINNER.

1) Stop being a white knight
2) Tell her to stop being a pussy

If she doesn't like the attention, she should tell him off earnestly and shoot him down.

>white knight
Not EVERY interaction between a male and a female that comes up here constitutes white knighting, you know.

This, op.

He already said he tried talking to him.

It!s definitely weird that this so called beautiful woman is so unuse to come ons and misguided flirting that she can!t say "Hey retard, fuck off. I'm not interested in you and we're all here just to play D&D."

If she's done this and he persists, then obviously kick him out.

Do you not understand the difference between talking to a guy and telling him to stop or else?

/v/ plz go

And he already said they talked to him about it.

No, but the interaction where apparently a woman is unable to tell a man off and the whole group are squirming in their seats until our brave OP goes manmode and deals with this loathesome Lothario definitely constitutes.

Honestly get the woman to talk to him. Get her to say she's not interested.

I guess you're way nicer than I am. They already told the guy to stop so in my eyes that's enough. Way I see it if they throw in "or else" then he's just going to wait until he thinks they forgot and then you get that weird comfortable but shitty cycle bullshit.

Why are people assuming that she wasn't part of the whole "we told him to stop"?

>Veeky Forums help me, this guy is being a faggot and we told him to stop and he won't
>"Did you try telling him to stop?"
>Yes and he won't!
>"Kick him out,"
>But that's mean!
>"Offer an ultimatum."
>There MUST be a better way!

OP is a fuckboy. Stop coddling him.

There is no other option here aside from praying the female ham in his group puts their Casanova out of his misery so hard he knocks it off, because the group is clearly too spineless for anything else.

Because why would you ask people what to do when you told someone to stop and they didn't listen?

It's moronic.

see
Also wtf is with all that green text? Who the fuck in the thread said "kick him out" is mean? Everyone is saying kick him out.

Go back to /v/ dude or stop being such a defensive baby.

Because some people need advice on stuff?

If I'm a moron about shit I'd ask other people advice instead of doing what my dumbass wants to do.

Next thing you're going to say "Why ask for advice about running a game? It's moronic" or some shit.

Go back to /v/ if you want to randomly expect people to be perfect and never ask for advice on anything.

Thqt dude will tore the group in the long run if it continues, do the thing OP.

> I don't want to kick him off for something that feels like it should have such an easy solution, but it's grating and it may cause friction within the group.

>Only a Sith deals in ultimatums

You're definitely a moron.

Do you not understand a a joke is?

Seriously, dude, go back to /v/. I'm certain there is a thread just waiting for you to type kys

You can either wait for the group to disintegrate as everyone becomes increasingly uncomfortable and stops enjoying themselves, or you can stop inviting him and go back to having fun together.

Here's what you do.
During your next game, whip it out and challenge him to a "sword" fight.
If he agrees it means he's gay and thus he's actually just being awkward around her for some reason. If he refuses, chances are he'll be so shocked by what's just happened he'll completely forget about hitting on her.

Other people have posted more reasonable plans, but this is in case none of those work.

As a poster and supporter of the reasonable plans I now throw in my vote with this plan.

This plan is best all others are shit.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Ridicule him when he gets shot down or he creates an awkward silence.

What would you do for any other player that was fucking shit up for everyone else?

One chance, then toss him out on his ass.

If she hasn't already, the girl should outright and clearly reject him. Some guys do not get a hint, or are pathetic enough to ignore one. If he continues after that kick him from the group. If you still want to have him in the group and the rejection hasn't happened, the best way to do it would be in a way that isn't humiliating.

see

Nah, that shit ain't cool. Better off just kicking him to the curb

>MRA

Wish you'd stop conflating them with MGTOWs m8.

Nice abs, OP.

Douchebag hating on MRAs is correct. Kick him. He had his warning.

Drawing this out makes it more painful for everyone including him. Kicking him immediately and unconditionally gets this over with once and for all. No second chances, no concessions, no backing down. Man the fuck up.

I'm phasing out "last final this time I really mean it" warnings for my five year old. There's a group that's right for him and the sooner he's out of yours the sooner he will find it.

Let's clear this up. There's MGTOW's, MRA's, and neckbeards.
>MGTOW's are "I don't give a shit if women like me or not, I'm happy doing my own thing over here."
>MRA's are "Hey, men have some problems too, can we talk about them every once in a while"
>Neckbeards are "That girl doesn't want my dick for some reason. She must be a gold-digging whore who with no loyalty and is less intelligent than us hyper-rational men. God, women should just get back in the kitchen."

An individual can belong to one or more of the above. An individual can be a MGTOW and an MRA without being a neckbeard.

OP are you sure you aren't just jealous?

shes a childhood friend so it understandable why you'd be protective of her (read: possessive)

i bet it would just fuck all your shit up if he actually gets a date with her and they become boyfriend and girlfriend

my advice although nieve, its to keep out of it, and see where it goes.

if he's really a creep, your friend will tell you.
if he's not a creep then she'll probably fuck him and more. maybe even become boyfirend and girlfriend, and then they'll level up and get married and you can be the guys best man, and he can introduce you to his hot cousin which you'll end up marrying.

I bet you they are secretly fucking anyways.

also its kind of funny that the glue holding the group together is a hot chick

Yes, and people who only respond to ultimatums don't belong in your RPG group. If he only responds to threats, he'll be shit to play with on all kinds of issues. Including this one, which he'll start up again once he feels safe.

Kick him now before he's invested in the campaign and before there are more ties to break. There is no cause served by keeping him.

Invite her boyfriend to the game as well. If she lacks one, comment on how her boyfriend will pick her up afterwards. Or girlfriend. Whatever will make him more shocked.
Seriously just all of you pretend she's seriously engaged with someone. I find it hard to believe that a "pretty woman" is single, because they never are.

>MGTOW's are "I don't give a shit if women like me or not, I'm happy doing my own thing over here."
>MRA's are "Hey, men have some problems too, can we talk about them every once in a while"
>Neckbeards are "That girl doesn't want my dick for some reason. She must be a gold-digging whore who with no loyalty and is less intelligent than us hyper-rational men. God, women should just get back in the kitchen."

Now how often do you apply this same level of nuances to the "other side"

What part of your ass did you pull this out of?

>she is in a relationship with Zeus and takes the form of a swan
>everyone agrees and stares at the guy
>whenever he makes a pass play a sound of thunder and a goose honk while looking at the sky in terror

And yes they are.

>Invite her boyfriend to the game as well. If she lacks one, comment on how her boyfriend will pick her up afterwards. Or girlfriend. Whatever will make him more shocked.
>Seriously just all of you pretend she's seriously engaged with someone. I find it hard to believe that a "pretty woman" is single, because they never are.
It sounds like something straight out of a retarded comedy central show, but that's what I used to do with my sister. You'd be surprised by how much guys in real life back off once you make up a boyfriend.

Fuck all the other advice in the thread, just do this

Like everybody already said, make sure she tells him she's not interested, clearly, instead of weaseling around, if she hasn't done so already. I'm repeating this because surprisingly often women seem to think that they just shouldn't HAVE to turn a guy down in clear terms or some shit and that's just 300% retarded.

If she already has clearly turned him down, or if it doesn't take when she does, kick him. Fuck any other consideration. Kick the dude now before it goes as far as that guy who kept reappearing here to tell us how he deserved the DM's asian girlfriend more than the DM himself did.

Or don't and then post about it here so we can all have a good laugh at your expense.

^this
OP sounds like a classic case of spineless faggot who is just buttfrustrated to see someone making moves on the girl whose friendzone he's been sitting in for ages. I bet the pathetic neckbeard he's trying to make the other guy look like is actually attractive and charming, unlike OP.

go back to /v/

OP we found the guy from your story.

>before it goes as far as that guy who kept reappearing here to tell us how he deserved the DM's asian girlfriend more than the DM himself did
I must have missed that one.

I love you so much.

Because there's no indication that she was involved in that.

>>MGTOW's are "I don't give a shit if women like me or not, I'm happy doing my own thing over here."
>>MRA's are "Hey, men have some problems too, can we talk about them every once in a while"
kek

She's not default included in "we" because...?

Two things:

1) It's really hard to imagine a situation in which a girl sits down across the table from the guy hitting on her, with a bunch of other guys, and has that talk and this still continues (or the guy even shows up to the next session)

2) The way OP laid this sentence out:
>It's making the girl uncomfortable, and most importantly, it's making everyone else uncomfortable. We tried talking to him
Separates "the girl" from "we".

the part where him hitting on the hot chick is making everyone else unconfortable.

if OP can confirm that hot chick actually went to him and WITHOUT being prompted said how much of a creep dude is for making moves on her.
then there was this postwho implyies that if you loose him everyone will stay, but if you loose the chick then everyone will leave.

It's hard to say without a clearer image of the "perpetrator", but may be in the right here. Some girls think that they're sending a clear message of rejection when in fact a socially retarded enough guy (say, the classic fedoroid) couldn't find it with a an electron microscope. Unfortunately, cases like these can end very badly for both sides because the girl is uncomfortable "making a scene" by being what (by the fedora's standards) would be "clear enough", while the fedora doesn't understand he's being pushy - which the girl is now getting all the more uncomfortable about because in her mind she already told him "no".

Cue pepper spray, accusations of sexual harassment, police charges, etc.

OP, never count on a girl being clear about her feelings. If she told YOU in no uncertain terms that she doesn't want the guy, it's your duty as a human being capable of communication on his level to tell him in no uncertain terms that. Even if the way is a punch to the dick.

I wish I could be that guy

I never tabletop anymore

Maybe OP is also a girl? It would put the whole scenario under a different light.

>OP, never count on a girl being clear about her feelings. If she told YOU in no uncertain terms that she doesn't want the guy, it's your duty as a human being capable of communication on his level to tell him in no uncertain terms that. Even if the way is a punch to the dick.
There is absolutely no way this goes well.

1) Well you should believe it I suppose. Stranger things in heaven and earth and such.

2) No...he separated "the girl" from "everyone else" which while that sentence does have some unfortunate phrasing on revisiting, I don't see why "we" wouldn't include everybody involved.

Look, I don't know if you're just trying to be contrary or if you're OP and are just refusing to confirm outright for some reason. Or if you're just trolling. Whatever, it's pointless to discuss further.

>I bet you they are secretly fucking anyways
I ship it.
I still ship it.

Wait what? I thought the whole point of it is that everyone is uncomfortable because it's obvious that the person being hit on is uncomfortable.

>if OP can confirm that hot chick actually went to him and WITHOUT

Goddamn you are taking this shit seriously, huh? Wanting evidence and shit goddamn.

>who implyies that if you loose him everyone will stay, but if you loose the chick then everyone will leave.
No...it implies that if you allow one person to keep on doing their bullshit then nobody is going to want to hang with the group because nobody is going to look out for each other.

So in the face of a counter-argument...your response is to just dismiss everything?

Good chat I suppose.

Or you just kick him from the group.

Because they did already talk to him.

OP mentioned this in his post.

I'm not dismissing anything, I just have no further point to make. My reading is that there's a possibility there hasn't been an explicit rejection from the girl and, in that case, there should be. Your reading is that there definitely 100% has, and it was in public. What more is there to say?

If OP has already reached the stage where the guy should not be in the group for making people uncomfortable, then he should already not be in the group.

>that guy who kept reappearing here to tell us how he deserved the DM's asian girlfriend more than the DM himself did
That guy reminded me so much of vgperson.tumblr.com/post/21533650696/help-the-girl-i-like-wont-respond-to-my-emails

>No...it implies that if you allow one person to keep on doing their bullshit then nobody is going to want to hang with the group because nobody is going to look out for each other.

I can kind of see it if it were a group that meets at a house or in some other residence.
An FLGS group shit talking, magical realms, and hitting on the only chick in the group isunderstandable and fairgame.

Yeah no fucking shit homie that's why everyone at the start of the thread was saying to kick him from the group.

Jesus just fucking kick him OP.

It doesn't matter if the girl is being unclear or secretly wants it or whatever the fuck everyone else is in here is saying. It's fucking disruptive and is causing friction within the group.

If the guy whipped his goddamn dick out randomly, would you be doing this pussyfooting around shit? Let's pretend he did, would you nicely tall to him about it? No you fucking kick him. Eject his ass. You even gave him a chance and he still basically kept whipping his dick out. Revoke him from the group.

This isn't fucking hard, put your foot down and stop being a shit. It should be clear by now

>An FLGS group shit talking, magical realms, and hitting on the only chick in the group isunderstandable and fairgame
>FLGS shouldn't look after the interests of its community when there is clearly a person being a shithead

Google "how to make a millwall brick", then make it. Get some ominous Italian music (but not from Godfather though, you might get sued) and play it. Proceed to beat the crap out of your group while making Italian hand gestures while you scream at the casanova to "stop hitting"

Then when it works, proceed to twirl around while repeatedly saying "fottiti"

Uh, I tried pretty hard ot find the thread but both it and the subsequent That Guy thread dedicated entirely to >laughinganimugirls.png at him seem to have dropped out of the archive, sorry.

Did you somehow miss the word "if" and the lengthy explanation for why I chose to repeat myself? I'm assuming nothing, just hedging for the most obvious possibilities.

>Some girls think that they're sending a clear message of rejection when in fact a socially retarded enough guy (say, the classic fedoroid) couldn't find it with a an electron microscope.
Bruh, it's not even "socially retarded", 90% of guys don't fucking pick up on "hints" from girls, in either direction. If girls would just nut up and speak plainly about shit a ton of normies would avoid a mountain of grief as well. I have no idea why they don't.

It is socially retarded. If you're being ignored, it's for a reason.

I got like ten messages into that before I had to give up. Jesus Christ.

Fuck dude you could've just said "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree" at the very start instead of that weird-ass "You are some form of horrible person. Whatever it's pointless to discuss it further."

Still a cop-out in my opinion since the language is pretty clear but you seem to be pretty dead set on your interpretation and I can definitely see the angle of "everyone else" = "we" but I feel that would make OP a pretty horrible person and I like to think the best of people when given the chance.

> I have no idea why they don't

Get more chick friends. A lot of it revolves around the idea of "be polite or you're a bitch" and there is also a good quote that goes "Men are afraid of being turned down by women, women are afraid of being killed by men."

Italian here.
This is the approved procedure in Italy. Do this OP and don't forget to dress formally for the occasion (but roll up your sleeves!) and leave the place all abord the same car. Also, insult his family, that is important.

Trust Veeky Forums to find a way to blame the woman, no matter what.

Never because they're all dirty, gold-digging whores who don't want my dick for some reason. God, I wish they would all just get back in the kitchen."

90% of guys by definition can't be socially retarded. What you're talking about is "a social divide between the sexes".

>a good quote that goes "Men are afraid of being turned down by women, women are afraid of being killed by men."
>a good quote
That's a staggeringly irrational fear if that's actually what they're afraid of, and clearly what's needed there is for them to get over their fear of something incredibly unlikely, nothing else.

I mean, that shit's going to hold them back in more areas of life than just some guy's tabletop group.

Are all your chick friends paranoid and mentally unstable?

Get more actual human being friends and stop hanging out with the local murderers on parole.

Man I hope A-Ko is like a ruthless young CEO right now.

You underestimate the power of the dark side.

Either he stops disrupting the balance of the group by hitting on her or he fucking goes, end of the discussion, next thread please.

Like I said, get more chick friends. Unfortunately lots of societies see it best to raise males and females differently and hold them to different standards.

>Like I said, get more chick friends.
That doesn't seem to respond to any of the answers you got.

I don't have a bait pic good enough for this travesty

I doubt there's a society that says
>If you ever interact with men, they'll kill you!
to their little girls.

Well I took all the answers as various forms of "I don't believe you" so I told them to go to the source.

>what is the third world
Surprisingly, the universe does not end at the edges of your hometown.