>I will channel the dark powers for my vengeance against evil

>>I will channel the dark powers for my vengeance against evil

How do I encourage the warlock into falling?

Don't you mean Rising?

Paladins fall, Warlocks rise.

or maybe float

He already has. Help him admit it.

Easy, you cut deals constantly with them using their, intermediary? Or whatever warlocks have? I'm fuzzy on the mechanics since you didn't state a system.

"Oh man sure looks like you could use some help finding ___ right about now. I don't know where ___ IS but I know some guys who could help but they ain't as nice as me you'd have to cut a deal, and their price is steep. But hey, you probably won't need that help anyways, it won't take you years to do this. Right?"

And I mean start small if you have to.
"See that scruffy guy there, go beat him up for his cash. WHAT? Don't look at me like that, I can't just MAKE food appear for you, and you are broke."

But just wear him down with little deeds of evil and spite over time. Sure mugging a guy is bad and all but he will get over it, right? He won't get divorced by his wife or have his kids die because he couldn't get proper treatment for them.

Devils are well aware of how small evils spread.

Nah, the party sorcerer (5e) signed a contract to gain power, and i gave him three levels in warlock. Because it boosted him to level 6, his cantrips are all stronger and he can utilize the fiendish power to enhance his sorcerer spells. The party is a mixed level.

There's no tricky clauses in the contract. His pact with evil is immediately visible, so the guild he's a part of will eject him.

Without doing the cliched "oh man there are evil voices which suggest you do evil things" deal, or taking away control of his character, how can I tempt him into evil? He's not just the most powerful caster in the party, he's one of the strongest casters in the city

You kind of fucked up by letting him make the deal before deciding it would have consequences.

What do you mean there are no tricky clauses in the contract then? Do you mean it's IN the contract he MUST do evil things? Or did something bad just give him superpowers, just because he can write his name?

Find out his magical realm and have that be his reward from the demon for committing evil acts

examples:
>Player likes vore
>Have his character capture NPCs to feed to a toad demon
>he keeps doing it and he can eventually swallow a human whole with a little fel magic

>>in signing this contract, you take your soul into your own hands and gain power immeasurable

That's all it says. It doesn't say in the contract that he needs to do evil things.

Something bad (igglwiv) gave him evil powers because he could sign his name

Of course the deal has consequences. His father will disown him and his guild will eject him. His entire livelihood is negated, and he's now a "ronin Mage."

That's the worst, most abusable contract I've ever seen.

>you take your soul into your own hands
Go the Madoka route and make his soul a physical object on his person. Get too far from it and he effectively dies. Demons don't give shit away for your enjoyment, it's for theirs.

I dig this.

Hedge Mage

>dude falls
>absolutely nothing with his character actually changes besides his alignment because he isn't a paladin

Okay.

Stick your foot out in front of him as he walks past.

Makes 'em fall every time.

Ladies & gentlemen, the rollplayer

That is evil.

I like this one. Dark side in denial.

>The devil is a literalist
>Performs the magic ritual to turn the character's soul into a phylactery
>You're a Lich now Harry!
>This ritual also had to make use of several innocent people to use and they want to know what asshole killed their little timmy and susie to becoe a dry bones
>All this in the name of "muh vengence"

If nothing else, turning them into undead fits with the madoka theme. Points for having outwards signs of corruption as well like skin cracking and flaking off and residual loss of feelings other than hatred.

Have it turn out that his "free" contract was just a test drive if he goes for more warlock levels. If he wants more demon mojo, he has to opt for a less airtight deal. Another user sorta beat me to the punch on this, but have the terms start out relatively minor, maybe closer to morally grey than evil, and work up from there.

Alternatively, or if he's just splashing warlock, abuse the "visibly, obviously evil" part. Why stop at guilds? Bars and shops refuse to serve him, maybe even his party by association, jobs steadily dry up as people become more concerned about associating with him, maybe even drop a witch hunt courtesy of a nearby holy order on him while the equally nervous city watch turn a blind eye. And all through this, the only people on his side, the only ones willing to accept and support him, are the demons and their servants. In short, make Evil treat him better than Good.

Underrated post.

They all float down here Georgey.

Just encourage pragmatism and licentiousness, and have people view him with disaste and distrust, even when he goes out of his way to be protective and merciful. The point of a blank check contract like that would be to shock a person's moral sense with massive power and alienation from their peers. You could give his powers minor demonic side effects too, and try to set it up such that he feels they are negligible while others treat them as a really big deal. Igglwiv gave him all the power of a mighty fiend, maybe even growing physical and physiological likeness to one, the only thing still in his hands is his soul itself.

Those are very minor side effects in comparison to magical power.

You're basically trying to find ways for this player to derp out and shoot himself in the foot when he can just keep killing things until he gets strong enough to make his own guild, with blackjack and whores.
Or whatever else he wants to do.

>falling removes class features
>thus it is "rollplaying" to point out the main purpose of falling is irrelevant

He doesn't need to even act any different, nor does a Paladin, since falling can be triggered by a single event and not even an alignment shift.

Stay mad at your shit class.

I don't understand. Are you trying to say there's no point in making the Warlock 'fall,' because there's nothing about him losing his powers or anything if he fails his contract?

That is something the GM could just decide to do without there being a precedent for it in the rules.

What are you looking for, exactly?

I'm not sure I understand OP's question, but my first suggestion would be this: having signed evil pact, character's soul is now forfeit to evil. He can't be raised any more, and minions of evil will try to kill him to get his soul before he repents. Unless, of course, he continues doing lots more evil to make it clear that he's not going to backtrack and the demons don't need to kill him to be sure of getting his soul.

Does the player want the Warlock to fall?

Get a succubus, or several

You are a pretty shittastic dm

Make him realize demonic pacts have no actual power over his soul, and he can still be saved by believing in the power of light.