GURPS General

Mysteries Edition.

Just what the fuck are you meant to do in GURPS Mars Attacks?

Will we ever see a new edition of GURPS Bestiary?

What is the mysterious project that Kromm has been working on? Is it the same thing as one of the August releases?

Where is the secret archive hidden?

All these questions and more will be answered in this weeks thrilling GURPS general thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=134176
dr-kromm.livejournal.com/195861.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GURPS Furries

Fight off the Martian invaders with reverse-engineered Martian tech. Check out the collectible cards and comics, that's how it works.
Never.
It's GURPS Vehicles 4e and you can't convince me otherwise.
The secret archive is hidden up your ass.

I think it also includes stuff for playing the other side as well.

The secret archive is in warehouse 23 beside 15 thousand copies of GURPS Magic, a Final Draft Ready for Printers Vehicles 4e flash drive and the True Cross.

Group Point Pool, y/n?

Disadvantages 1/3 limit

Guys, I need some help:

There are the tables for Armor Construction from Pyramid's Low Tech 2 and Cutting Edge. I want to expand it, both to higher TLs, as with some weird shit that might appear at lower. Any suggestions on how to do it?

I Like pools. We played a 150/-75 ASOIAF game, where everyone had a pool of 100 social points (usually to buy Status, Feudal Rank and Wealth, the Lord of the House had Status 5 as a vassal of House Dayne).

And we always use 50% of total points as a disadvantage limit.

Action talks about a shared slush fund, but that's mostly for character advancement/on-the-spot purchases. Having a pool of 600 points shared between 4 characters has three potential endings: everyone splits the points evenly, at which there's no difference between it and normal character creation; people get butthurt because someone wants more points and no one wants to sacrifice for it; or a the group ends up less "four adventuring companions" and more "Professor Superman and his three bumbling sidekicks."

I love Sorcery!

>What is the mysterious project that Kromm has been working on?
Sweet baby jesus and the orphans, it better be Vehicles.

>Is it the same thing as one of the August releases?
No. He mentioned this on his livejournal:
-We sorted out our August releases. Look for those next week and the week after, if all goes well.

-I finished the writing and editorial tasks on my big Secret Project. The files are officially somebody else's football right now. I plan to spend this weekend letting my brain decompress . . .

So they're two different things.

And the august release is up: GURPS Adaptations - it's something in the vein of How To Be A GURPS GM, geared to help with adjusting the dials to get the feel of the game right.

>GURPS Adaptations
Sweet Jesus, I am buying and reading the shit out of this.

>GURPS Adaptations
I guess vehicles will come another day.

Here you go, friends.

Thank you, based user

Holy fuck
That is a must-read article for people who need a "how do I do X in GURPS?" explained to them.

Yeah, and at $10.00, it's a steal for any newcomer. c:

So how do I stat an 8 gauge shotgun in GURPS?

Off the top of my head, 2d-1 pi with ROF 20 for shot (same/very similar pressure to 10 gauge 2 5/8ths shell, but 25% greater shot weight).

Where would a person find templates for werewolves? Looking for sort of modern/urban fantasy types.

Monster Hunters 3: The Enemy has a lengthy section on Lycanthropes, including statblocks.

Skimming through this, it looks pretty damn good. Like actually discussing player agency, game design, narrative, etc. instead of just being "hey make it fun for the players lol players love loot and being powerful"

"lol players love loot and being powerful""

I do love my new set of armor and BFG revolver, though...

Which reminds me to put some honest to God loot in the next session of my game

I'm sure "waking for a day and making camp and roleplaying" is fun and all, but they finally reached a big bad lair so there's gonna be fighting and loot now...

Fantasy and Horror have some different takes on werewolves which are a little less terrifyingly powerful than the MH ones and Monster Hunters 1 has a racial template for a less-monstrous version of the MH3 beast.

Funny story; playing Total War:Warhammer has made me much more cognizant of grand army scale engagements, and in particular, the agent system makes me much more aware of how a small party of armed capable agents(ie: the PCs) could wreak havok in a hostile area.

Should definitely improve my next session, I think. (also, he Beastmen are totally !the evil empire! in my game)

I'm planning on running a DF game soon. Do you prefer giving loot in the form of goods (either directly useful gear like swords and potions, or stuff meant only to sell like fine furs) or coinage? I'm guessing it depends heavily on the encounter -- orcs mounted on wargs are unlikely to carry 2d6 of the king's coins, for example -- but in general do you sway one way more than the other?

IT depends entirely upon the setting and game: in my cyberpunk game in dystopia post apocalypse Japan? The party were paid salary and issued equipment. They stole what they could on the side and sold drugs for black market arms.

In my recent medieval fantasy game, it's a dark high-magic-disparity game. So the party loots coin as mercenaries, typically raids trade goods from their adventures, and sometimes they end up finding a magical relic from the last age. But it's all dependant of their adventure. Delving into a fabled liches tomb only tends to yield ancient coin and molder ingredients tapestries. Scouting put the orcs tends to yield their own pilfered goods. Sometimes superior orcish arms. It all depends.

Are there any rules/advantages for fusions or combined forms? From straight DBZ style to the combined mechas of Super Sentai, anything relevant would be interesting.

If no existing rules, any suggestions? Same questions for combined attacks.

For me, I love it when loot comes in single, large lumps rather then a trickle. I'd rather get $2000 at the end or beginning of 4 encounters then $400-$600 every encounter.

I love gear rewards when they make sense, as presents for good service or as equipment that makes sense for foes to be carrying. I really love getting gear that's clearly better then what I have and beating someone in a hard fight, then taking their better stuff.

A really ugly rules hack would be to give an Alternate Form that has the limit (Only when Touching X other person), then make the alt-form mix the powers of the two people/robots.

Nothing for fusions as far as I know, but combined attacks is found under Powers (p 170). There's also a more generic version in Pyramid #3/65's article "Team Up!"; it might be possible to use the quick-and-dirty rules for boosting ally attacks as a base for a fusion system.

I mean, maybe? But limitations on alternate form suck most of the time since they only affect the 15 base value. Either way, it would be like a harsher Granted by (Other) since it's touch based and might involve multiple people, I guess.

Combined Powers is pretty good, and I might allow a group to pool their points into a morph or alternate form if they have the right powers. How would you price a bonus specifically for the Combining Powers rolls? Should probably be cheaper than talent. Maybe 2 points per +1 or as an easy skill?

Am I missing anything in here and/or would anyone like me to dump something?

Some rough ideas
>For attributes, add 1/5 of the lower component attribute to the higher component attribute; a ST 20 brick fused with a ST 10 speedster would have ST 22 at the end. This is the fairest way I can think of that doesn't result in two dimwitted IQ 8 people from fusing into an IQ 16 genius *or* two scrawny dudes fusing into an even weaker one.
>Physical advantages and disadvantages from both component characters apply to the fusion.
>Mental control of the fusion uses the advanced possession rules; each component character has mental control points over the fusion. If there's ever a disagreement between the two components, this forces a roll. This both occupies the fusion (it takes a concentrate maneuver to roll for control) and risks dissolving it if either component hits 0 MCP.
>Fusing uses the rules for linking up to form a gestalt.
>Combining powers works as for normal gestalts. For the sake of simplicity, a fusion should have, at most, one new power that's treated as using an ability at default. For everything else, either add levels normally or use quick-and-dirty buffing rules.

I'll be back in a bit with an example fusion. If there are any glaring errors, they should pop up then.

I'm trying to build a fuck off big shotgun to take down Monster hunter/Doom tier supernaturals. It's gonna be wielded by exceptionally strong individuals and is being designed by a fictional super-corporation with bleeding edge tech and 100s of billions of dollars on hand.

What can we do with this thing?

A solid Skin-walker gun would be a 10 gauge magnum.

From Low Tech, we've got stats for a 10 gauge shell at 2d-1 pi with ROF 13 out of a Winchester 1887 or LeFever break action double barrel.

Let's spice it up and say we switch to 3.5" magnum rounds. That fits +P ammo pretty solidly, and moves damage to 2d pi. Those old guns couldn't take it, but a modern construction gun could just fine and they do still make 10 gauge.

Slugs give you 8d pi++, and a weapon that should tear apart even targets that are Unliveing.

A Browning BPS 10 gauge 3.5" might be..

TL 8
Cost $800
Weight 10.5 pounds
Range 40/800 (100/1200 with slugs)
ST 11 (12 with magnum ammo)
Acc 3 (4 with slugs)
ROF 3 x 13
Damage 2d-1 pi (2d pi with magnum shells, 8d pi ++ with magnum slugs)
Recoil 1/7
Shots 4+1(2i)
Bulk -6

1.Give it lots of damage.
2.You're done.

>Attractive
>Accomplished
>Educated
>Successful
I'm probably driving the average down so hard I'm the reason there isn't a "very" in front of all these.

Options for going past the point of madness would be switching to a magazine-fed automatic weapon. ROF 6 with a 32 round drum magazine would give you a 4 pound magazine on something I'd think should be ST 14 or so.

/r9k/ is that way.

You miss proper sorting.

What do you mean?

I mean your folder is a huge mess.
Also, all your stuff is from older archive, probably.

How is it a mess? I have the books listed alphabetically and they have their full names. I don't like to use endless folders because I think that's way more of a clusterfuck.

What do you mean by the older archive? I've found most of this over the years from various different sources (4shared, Veeky Forums, torrents, etc)

I'm trying to do a 40k conversion for GURPS, if anyone would like to weigh in on the very small amount of info I have or contribute something they may have done or think would work I would greatly appreciate it.

So, got some changes going on. I liked the advice from the last thread but didn't take all of it.

Well, whatever suits you better.
Check the OP. It looks like you didn't get anything new since 2015 or so.

Ah, I didn't even realize the file in the OP wasn't just a jpeg, thanks.

>Ford V-8

That's a anachronistic choice unless you are in some kind of Batman the Animated Series world where cars and archtecture stopped advancing in 1939

what happens if we go from 10 gauge to 8?

More pellets per shell, and maybe more powerful slug.

You go from a 1.6 ounce ball of pure lead to a 2 ounce ball, and leave the area where we have comparable weapons stated out. 8 bore weapons were commonly black powder hunting rifles that fired relatively low velocity, very heavy projectiles. There are no contemporary weapons.

At ST 21 you can carry the Browning M2.

Live the dream. Be stronger then a bear. Use a gun that dose 7dx2 pi+

Isn't there a way that involves a lot of math to figure that out?

Fuck that, if I spring for ST23 I can use the Mauser MG151/20, a gun that does 7x2 pi++ with a 2d [1d] cr ex follow up.

Look into the KS-23. It's a Russian 23mm (6.2 ga) shotgun which fires about a dozen 10mm pellets. The k version is bullpup with a 7-round box magazine.

My best WAG for stats is
> 3d+1 pi; Acc 3; 150/1,500; RoF 2x12; 3+1(i); Rcl 1; Bulk -4

> The k version changes shots to 7+1(3).
> Slugs change damage to 12d+4 pi++, RoF to 3, and Rcl to 5.
> 00 buckshot changes damage to 1d-2 pi; range to 42/835; RoF to 3x25

Most of that was done with High-Tech and guesswork with some help from Mr. Cole's spreadsheet.

Holy shit, I want to make love to that gun. What would it take to give that thing a RoF of 9 and a mag that holds at least 27 rounds?

Also wouldn't it do pi+ if those pellets are 10mm?

>pi+
Yeah. Typo.

I had a player in a MH game that was from the cult of the shotty. Even with this beast he was barely useful. in comparison to the guys with LMGs or flamethrowers. He just couldn't keep up with range, damage, RoF, or magazine capacity.

> RoF of 9 and a mag that holds at least 27 rounds
The RoF bit doesn't have rules that I'm aware of. If it were a semi-auto it would be possible. Since this beast is pump it really can't be done without a re-design (and, I was already being generous with the RoF 3, it should really only have 2). With it having a box magazine just use High-Tech to get high capacity box mags or even a drum.

>KS-23

Eh, problem there boss: The pellets don't have anything like the energy for 3d+1. They are low velocity rounds intended for engagements at ranges of 25 meters or less. It might be closer to give them the 2d-1 pi+

> MG151/20

Unless you ripped that out of a burning Bf109 yourself after bringing it down with your bare hands I'm not sure I approve of your lack of patriotism.

Hence the caveats.

Damn, I like this. It's got plenty of good general GM advice too.

So for Ritual Path Magic you just learn paths as skills? I don't think I understand it very well.

Which book has rules for scuba diving?

forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=134176
Did you read that? I don't know much about it myself.

I don't go to official forums often, so I haven't read this yet. It's looking like I'm going to have to look into a bunch of books.

Yep. Each RPM Path is its own skill. What you're affecting determines the skill and how you're affecting it determines the ritual's energy cost. You roll against the skill to gather energy, and at the end, roll one more time to properly cast the spell.

> dr-kromm.livejournal.com/195861.html
Looks like the second release this month is a Dungeon Fantasy thing?

>This week is named ...
What did he mean by this?

He always does that.

Yeah, I see, but why? It looks like something from psycho's diary.