/swg/ - Hero of the Rebellion Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/11/available-this-week-3/
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!152:175:-1:17:;151:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
youtube.com/watch?v=nf2c_lY7QS0
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Armada wave 3 and 4 launched today, despite that Fantasy Flight is strangely not spreading the news.

I'm Aussie, it'll be a while before I see any of it.

My droid is damaged!

I've lost.. my droid!

Morality system works fine for what it's trying to do, but it's also a pretty fragile mechanic to where the only real adjustment you can make is tweaking the die you roll at the end of the session to make it somewhat slower to gain Morality. Pretty much any other attempts at messing with it, that I've seen suggestions for at least, tends to create a really easy way for players to cheese their way to being light side paragons.

If you just don't like the mechanic, then your best options are to either play by RAW and only give characters Obligation/Duty instead and it's just up to the GM to decide when the player has crossed the line to the dark side; or just treat it like video games and use the existing mechanics for what happens when people go above/below a number, and just handle going up and down it like most video games where you just add/subtract points for every light/dark side thing done.

Am I the only one that feels sorry for this guy being an eternal joke of Star Wars?

You're not alone, but it doesn't help that he was basically created to be a joke

At the end of Episode 3, Palpatine and Anakin are killed by Yoda and Obi Wan. What happens in the galaxy? Is it too late to save the republic? And of course, what is Sheev's backup plan against this?

>considered a good enough pilot to brave the death star trench run
>get shot down by the emperor's right hand man
>become eternal target of fat jokes

Battle for Manboob.

No. I feel sorry for him too.

Which is probably half the reason I enjoy the fuck out of flying his ass in X-Wing. Porkins is fucking hilarious! I've had that fucker pull a PS 9 (Vet Instinct) hard K-Turn with a Targeting Astro, through a fucking debris field, shrug off both stress (taking 1 damage), focus, and then blast Darth Vader out of the fucking sky at R1 will full Lock + Focus modifiers. People can laugh all they want about him crashing with fries and a burger in his hands, but ignoring stress can make you fucking powerful.

PtL and EU, Stay on Target with his R5-D8 or Targeting Astro, or Vet Instinct + whatever, have all proven awesome on him. I think I'm going to try running him with PtL, Vectored Thrusters, and R5-D8.

Uh.

They just threw all the pilots that were fit to fly against it, first of all. Including the kid who just signed on two minutes ago. Second, he didn't get shot down by Darth Vader, he got nailed by turbolasers, the ONLY rebel pilot in the movie to go down that way.

Finally, he was fat, and being fat is pathetic.

Having a little trouble here! This is regular I asked for diet!

>Wave 9
>Rebels get a TIE fighter and the ARC-170
>Scum get a tougher Interceptor and a big ship
>Empire gets another TIE fighter but with a red stripe

Anakin's death doesn't really matter in the long run in this scenario.

With Palpatine's death, however, there's a lot of interesting things you can play with. We know that Mas Amedda keep things going after his death in canon anyway - presumably he'd do the same here.

Of course, with the Chancellor being killed by the Jedi, and no real proof that he was actually what the Jedi survivors say he was, they'd still probably be forced into exile.

With their glorious leader dead, there's a serious chance of civil war breaking out again since Palpatine isn't there to pull strings anymore.

Don't forget the quadjumper and the upsilon shuttle, the shuttle is sick, i'm jelly i don't play imperials now.

>Finally, he was fat, and being fat is pathetic.
Which explains so much about America.

Wave 10 is when the rebels get a Tie Fighter, while the Empire gets Kylo Ren's Batmobile.

Also, the Tie/sf is pretty slick.

just postin for porkins

rest in peace boo boo

>What happens in the galaxy?
Obi-Wan & Yoda have just assassinated the head of the Republic and are now public enemy no. 1. Just because Palpatine's dead doesn't mean his followers like Mas Amedda & Sate Pestage aren't turning the wheels of propaganda and government to their advantage. the Separatist systems probably revolt immediately thanks to the confusion. Ben & Yoda get chased from one end of the galaxy to the other as fugitives. The nascent Empire turns into an assassination free-for-all as various politicians and commanders vie for the throne. The Death Star project might stall out thanks to resource allotment politics. The Galactic Civil War probably kicks off with more intensity earlier. Without Vader around, the post-Order 66 mopup of Jedi might not be as thorough.

And somewhere, on the fringes of the Galaxy, Darth Maul gets a pair of robot pants.

>And of course, what is Sheev's backup plan against this?
He had access to Kamino and in Legends, had a vast personal cloning facility on Byss where he kept his own backups. He could just refresh into a younger clone body and enjoy the chaos until enough rivals have been killed off before he retakes his throne.

I'd rather get, like, a Droid TIE or something slightly more interesting-looking the TIE/sf

From a game mechanics perspective however, the /sf provides the Empire with a small-ship aux-firing arc that can either shoot like an X-Wing/interceptor, or fire from both arcs. It also combines the system and tech slot upgrades, and offers (yet another) solid PS 9 ace.

While admittedly there's not a whole lot for it from the tech upgrade perspective, PtL, Advanced Sensors, Tie/sf title, and Tie mk2 is going to be a pretty awesome 36pt combo on Quickdraw.

The TIE Striker from Rogue One is almost certainly guaranteed down the road. No idea what it can do, but brand synergy says it'll get a mini.

He wasn't a joke. He was a treasured and beloved member of the squadron who died on a last ditch suicide mission that had a ninety percent casualty rate. People making fat jokes about him only do so because they've never read a book.

NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N

>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/11/available-this-week-3/
They aren't great at making big announcements, but it's there.

Without Sheev working to suppress the information, I think the surviving Jedi can disseminate proof of his plans. Show video of Anakin killing children on his orders, and Sheev pulling out a lightsaber and shooting lightning from his hands to everyone. At this point there are already a bunch of Senators disillusioned with the Chancellor, and if Order 66 had been botched rather than carried out smoothly a bunch more would surely have joined the cause following the Emperor's attempt to carry out a massive political purge of an organization that most of the galaxy really likes.

In this scenario I think the Galactic Civil War starts immediately rather than years down the line. The GAR remains loyal to the Chancellor's allies, but now add to the separatists the formerly loyal local armies rising up en masse and they'll be overwhelmed by the multi front war. What happens next depends on whether the New Republic finds early military success against the much more experienced (but also stretched thin and without their Jedi officers) clone army, and whether they negotiate peace with the Separatists or not. I think the Empire at this point realizes that the war is unwinnable and total domination is out of the question, and an uneasy peace is established amidst a much more fractured galaxy than existed before.

So an event portrayed in the first movie is not canon?

The book novelizations are canon, bro

Didn't see anything in the movie that suggested he was treasured or beloved. He also died to something literally every other pilot in the squadron was able to avoid.

People make fat jokes about him because the only other character trait of his in the movie is being a shitty pilot.

*movie novelizations

Hey guys, curious if anyone has ever tried this before. Looking for a different way to run a TIE swarm for fun.

I've got two different approaches hinging on the same basic idea. I call them "Rage against the Machine". Both are 100pts total.

I'm leaning toward version 1. A lot less moving parts, and the rage generator can activate at range 3, so the TIEs can break formation and go nuts. I considered Academy TIEs for both but couldnt think of anything good to spend the extra 5pts on, plus shooting before regular filler ships at ps1-2 is fun.

>Version 1

Youngster: Rage - 16pts

Epsilon Leader - 19pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

>Version 2

Youngster: Rage - 16pts

Howlrunner: - 18pts

Wampa - 14pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts

Obsidian Squadron -13pts
If anyone's got an idea for something to swap in for either list I'd love to hear it. I like throwing curveballs at my group and the typical Howlrunner swarm has been done to death a million times.

Just embrace the stress!
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!152:175:-1:17:;151:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:;12:150:-1:17:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

I have really started to like Wired, because it helps keep stressed ships alive when their pants are down.
Alternatively, go for broke and give them all Crackshot instead.

Shipbump

It's hard not to laugh when the fat guy's canon last name is literally Porkins. His entire existence within the story is to serve as a fat joke. He was created specifically to fall.

A player in my EotE group wants to learn how to use a lightsaber from a jedi exile they have met. Assuming that the exile agrees and the player is awarded the skill I have two questions:

1. The exile uses Ataru style, which is based on Agility. It would follow then that the PC would learn this style and have the skill be based on agility.

2. What should learning the skill cost? Non-career skill prices? Higher? It seems harsh but basically if this player wants to go down this line I don't want it to be without sacrifice considering how powerful even a basic FaD saber is.

That's both hilarious and slightly terrifying.

I'm just getting into X-Wing. Does Porkins have a card?

Is there any easy way to get replacement stands for the ships? I can see these getting broken at some point.

Are there any strategies are reasonable to go for? At the moment in just buying the ships I like. Are the Imperial and Rebel Aces/Veterans worth it?

Personally, I'd just follow FaD rules. It's based on Brawn until the PC grabs the Ataru tree and grabs the talent to use Agility (assuming they're already force-sensitive, otherwise they need to also grab Exile/Emergent to use the talent), and gaining ranks is the normal cost for if it's career/non-career.

But I'd say if you're hell-bent on allowing Agility to be used right out the gate, then I'd advise following EotE/AoR rules, he can use either Brawn/Agility, but he can't use ranks in Lightsaber. If he wants to get more involved in learning from then on, then he can still earn ranks (at the normal costs) but any time he wants to use the ranks in Lightsaber, he has to use Brawn until he gets and can use the appropriate talent from the Ataru specialization.

>Does Porkins have a card?
Yes, but its in the Rebel Transport set, which can be expensive.

>Replacement Stands
FFG sells colored bases & stands

>Reasonable strategies
Quite a few, depending on your playstyle. Buying ships you like is never wrong.

>Are the Imperial and Rebel Aces/Veterans worth it?
Yes.

Porkins is an x-wing pilot with an ability to semi-ignore stress. He's hilariously good at times.

He's not force sensitive. I don't think I'd give Ataru as a talent I'd just do it as a custom skill Lightsaber - Ataru (Agi) or similar. His brawn is higher than his agility its just that the form his teacher knowns is the agi based one.

I suppose part of it is 3 brawn marauder with a saber is risks making every other fighter in the party feel second rate.

Yes, throw push the limit, seismic torps, integrated astro, and R5-P8 and just watch the beautiful fat fuck go nuts.

if I had enough cards of wired I would love to try that.

Some version of this will inevitably be run at our local "for real" tournament, and they 'never' see TIE swarms, so I want them to remember why TIE swarms are scary.

But I also want to have fun hence the shenanigan tie swarms.

Last tourney I ran a bugzapper swarm and gave them a good worry, even if I only pulled 3rd out of 6. I forgot how much fun I had flying swarms until then.

I'd just let him use brawn. 3 Brawn really isn't that much, especially when default difficulty for engaged range is 2 Difficulty, and most of the Marauder's offensive talents are useless for a Lightsaber. He'll have Lethal Blows, but he's going to have a rough time getting an attack in, let alone critting with what he's got until he gets a few skill ranks and a Dedication to bring his Brawn up higher. Toughened and Enduring will help turn him into a tank, but once he turns on the lightsaber, he'll logically be the go-to target for enemies and probably get put down hard every fight until he learns to be more careful with it/wait until he's more powerful to actually use it.

>seismic torpedoes

Nera is going to make it rain.

Would they work with her ability? It's an action, not an attack.

Damn, you might be right.

I suppose that's true. The other melee fighter is a Survivalist also with Brawn 3 but I guess they'd have different skill sets. At the moment though they are the go to fighter and I feel if they ended up second fiddle they'd lose their moment to shine in the party.

You could always proxy the Wired (and Tie mk2) cards. Running a setup like this would require 3 Punishers and a 6 Tie/fo.

Yeah, looking at the cards, her ability specifically says torpedo secondary weapon attack.

Gunboat fucking when.

no canon no play

youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
TRAILER
R
A
I
L
E
R

>Star Destroyer in low orbit
>Rebel beach assault from U-Wings
>Night assault with X-Wings
>Dat death star eclipse

Oh baby, don't do me wrong.

Give me all that Imperial shit. Straight to the veiiiins.

The only thing that might annoy me is the kung fu man with the stick but stormtroopers have died to worse I suppose.

>muh dick when 1:55

>Not expecting blind people to be zatoichi levels in Star Wars

Holy fuck I'm normally a raging whore for the Empire but seeing the Rebellion like this makes my dick hard. Calling it now; this will be better than the entire new trilogy.

Apparently Rogue One takes place on a notable pilgrimage planet?

please dear fucking god stop making movies with plots and give me two hours of dogfights

between all of Poe's scenes and that night raid from the X-Wings my dick can't handle this

oh it's not the blindness it's more the stick. It's probably magic far-away wood with Pierce but it does make the Storm Trooper armour seem even more decorative.

Guys, it's okay that the sight of T-65 X-Wings in the sky makes me want to cry tears of joy, right?

That Ewok tech is broken

Well, some of them seem like they're still twitching, and blunt force trauma has always been the bane of armor. This is why they invented maces and morningstars. Doesn't matter how tough the armor is, somebody throws a big enough rock at your head, the force has to go somewhere.

Yes. Yes it is.

but isn't blunt force trauma exactly why we where helmets on bikes? So that when we hit the ground it doesn't do the damage?

I don't know shit about medieval weapons but I thought maces functioned by caving in the armour or helmet and crushing your bones that way.

That said if you told me this guy in Star Wars could hit you with a stick with the force of a truck I'd buy that, sure.

Yeah when I said they'd died to worse I was referring to them, haha

>tfw you spent the entirety of Episode VII on the verge of tears
>this trailer made you cry

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, I'm happy Star Wars is back

Star Wars is all about space wizards though

I'm trying to contain myself because I let myself be this little girl before Force Awakens.
youtube.com/watch?v=nf2c_lY7QS0

I still liked TFA and understood that it had to be very careful and safe with approaching the universe again since nothing they released could ever possibly live up to fanboy expectations.

>tfw you spent the entirety of Episode VII on the verge of tears

Yeah I'm easy to please apparently and wouldn't trade it for anything

Many of us missed her, user. It's good to have best girl back.

Me too, bro. Me too.

>guy fires a rocket launcher at AT-AT
>expect it to either do nothing or blow the thing to bits in a Michael Bay explosion
>instead it actually does reasonable damage while still not being enough to stop the walker as a whole

Motherfuck yes.

I have a question Veeky Forums, I need help with a build.

So I have the beginnings of a Palp Aces build that I'd like to try, as I'm getting a Raider soon.

To start, I'm taking Maarek Steele (defender) with the X7 title, Veteran Instincts, and Twin Ion Engine mk2. (35)

Then, A Palp Shuttle. (29)

That leaves me 36 points to give upgrades to the shuttle, and get a second ace. Who would work well with Steele?

I'm planning on this being my go-to list that I fly for a while and get good with.

It stops your skull from getting cracked open, but the momentum and force still has to go somewhere. It's why football players still get concussions, even if they wear helmets.

>you will never be able to experience Star Wars for the first time ever again

What's the 3rd "Star Wars Story" movie?

We have Rogue One, Han Flying Solo and ???

Man, if you've never played the Wing Commander games, play them now, especially 3 and 4. It's very close to the same feeling.

>tfw discovering them on GOG last year
>tfw last time I'd played those games was as a little kid in the '90s

It was like falling in love with the OT all over again.

I believe it's been confirmed as a Boba movie.

I remember when Wing Commander 3 came out and my mom got me the very last copy in the store. The cast was amazing.

I lost every single mission.

I didn't deserve that game.

That copy is still in my collection

could always run soontir with a 1pt initiative bid

They aren't. In fact, the novelization of the original movie has several items in it that contradict what was seen onscreen and also in later canon installments.

>Disney keep making shitty 3d cartoons instead of just give some monies and support to these guys
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Have we discussed this yet?

I'm so glad it's back, and so glad it both FEELS like star wars and that people who never experienced the universe are getting into it in a genuine way

It feels good to share the stuff you love

Just give me a starfighter anime directed by Shoji Kawamori and Shinichiro Watanabe, pls. And maybe an EotE-flavored manga by Kenichi Sonoda.

HOshit

I always forget that Rogue One means dank new ship models to ruin my social life with

0:31 and 0:55
>Ess-weeeig!
>Aluminuh Falkin!
Too adorable.

woohoo a karate farmer!

With that one we're up to four new ships (so far).

Is is just me or does that droid look very much like 8t-88? It even sounds a bit like him...

I could, but I'm thinking that my list lacks killing power, and I can't afford whisper. IS soontir the most deadly of the aces? Does he hit more or less hard than the Inquisotor? If I did take the Inquisitor, what would be the best use of the 5 points? Prockets, Sensor jammer, Collision Detector, Yorr, APL and Ion Projectors all seem nice.

Looks like a squashed version of the, admittedly fan made, Stealth Sentinel shuttle

I would think that Palp+Steele is actually pretty good at offense, as you can always push through a nasty crit.

What you want is a ship that isn't heavily reliant on Palpatine to live, so Soontir or Inquisitor I suppose. Maybe Omega Leader with Stealth Device and 7 points to blow? That's Sensor Jammer and Yorr.

My ally is the hype. And a powerful ally it is.

>upsilon shuttle on the way
>now we see Krennic's Imperial Shuttle

Just shuttle my x-wing up senpai

The whole movie screams Dark Forces in a lot of ways, but also with Fighters.

Wave IX/X has two blank slots in the product numbers, right?

What do we bet we're gonna get for XWM. The U-Wing seems a shoe-in to put all those main characters in on.

It has one missing product code. People are guessing a Rogue 1 core set, as the current core set is now out of print.

What kind of skill check would I need to determine how to improve a buildings security measures? It's a hotel.