reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/4175rh/skitter_statted_for_venture_city/
parahumans.wordpress.com/
jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,37922.msg1947750.html#msg1947750
jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,37922.msg1960041.html#msg1960041
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thinly veiled WE WUZ KANGS thread?

Master: 9
Thinker: 4

Are you fucking shitting me user. That is Skitter, aka Weaver, aka Khepri, aka Taylor Hebert, the protagonist of the Worm web serial.

Bugs: All of them

Champions
forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-672521.html

Mutants and Masterminds
roninarmy.com/threads/766-?p=28015&viewfull=1#post28015

FATE
reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/4175rh/skitter_statted_for_venture_city/

Those are not bugs, those are features.

How did I manage to go almost a year without seeing this meme and have seen it 4 times today just on Veeky Forums? I had to google shit.

....I'm not sure whether that's outstanding or horrible.

Nah, weaver is the whitest white bitch to ever be white

one of the villain groups she fought was literally /pol/

so that means shes a cuck?

I don't remember E88 having Australians.

Wasn't Grue Black?

and sexy.

Literally who

WE WUZ CAINES AND SHEEIT

You're in for a ride.

parahumans.wordpress.com/

Stat the undeniable best girl!

>best

why's Dragon wearing a hockey mask?

>Shadow Stalker
>not pic related
Confirmed for shit tastes

for the record it's kind of a forgotten atribute of her power that the shadow state heals her.

Sentinel 9.5: Ballistic shot Shadow Stalker, driving her back. The attack had left a gaping hole just below her heart

Strength 8
Constitution 12
Dexterity 10
Intelligence 12
Wisdom 21
Charisma 6

Command bugs
+80 to concentration checks
can replace CHA with WIS when manipulating people

Neutral Evil.

Wouldn't be high INT, low WIS?

I mean the entire point of the thing is making a series of very unwise decisions, but she's clever as hell.

Eh.

It's decently written but the entire plot can be summed up in five words: And then it got worse.

That's it. Everything is shit and you might as well not have even tried.

And at the same time the power creep and plot armor are ridiculous.

wisdom encompasses being quick on your feet/cleverness.

Intelligence is strictly book learning and Taylor is basically a well read high school grad.

>Neutral Evil
I'd understand that if we were statting Khepri, but Skitter? No, she was never that bad.

>being quick on your feet/cleverness.

skitter has ubsurdly high wisdom.
This

>murder
>rape
>not that bad

Then*

She's basically a mafioso in denial.

Taylor (((Hebert)))

>plot armor
The series explicitly deals with many worlds theory as a plot element. The narrative just follows the small percentile of universes where Skitter doesn't go squish.

>Twig is better written, better paced and has a more interesting, nuanced and likeable protagonist
>Will never be even 1/10th as popular as Worm because it's not capeshit

I aint readin all that niggershit.

>rape
When?
>murder
Paladins do it all the time. She doesn't kill any innocents or noncombatants, IIRC.

And she's a pretty good alligned mafioso at that.

E88 groupie detected.

The author literally rolled dice to see which characters would die, including Taylor. If she had died, the story would have followed Grue. That's literally the opposite of plot armor.

>The author literally rolled dice to see which characters would die
I wish I had those kind of balls.

we only have his word for it that he did this, and only for the Leviathan fight
Even with this being the case he pulls his punches.

>beat scion and practicly killed herself to acomplish it.
>multiple endbringer battles.
>saved India from getting turned into a crater.
> refused to kill anyone while under mind altering gas.

She mutilated a guy twice, and only one of those times was an accident. She also cut off part of his girlfriend's foot.

I just finished worm, and I've started to read twig. If you think worm is that monumentally better, you're insane.

I just finished worm, and I've started to read twig. If you think twig is that monumentally better, you're insane.

Jesus christ. Reading comprehension, what is it?

Are you going to start defending Worm's plotting now? Are you legitimately going to defend the 'we have to escalate further' attitude that lead to the Slaughterhouse 900 arc? Any comments on the timeskip chapter?

Twig has at least been plotted out in a general sense arc-arc beforehand. It is ALREADY a better and more complete work, and it's not even 2/3 done.

Kaiser died((plot derailment, empire splits in two because of this))
Aegis died,((well developed chacter get's offed for no naritive reason))
Bitch's dogs died, ((same as aegis))

It's imposible to really know for sure but the deaths do check out.

(Pic only related because I want you to stat her)

>her

>(Pic only related because I want you to stat her)
>Epic level summon monster used as a spell like ability

No, I'm not defending anything. Timeskip was shit. Twig is better.
It's not /that/ better, though. The writing and characterization for both are phenomenal.

Forgot to mention that Galant died, which killed the future tension between Glory Girl and Panacea before it even got off the ground.

>forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-672521.html
This one is actually a pretty good write up for Skitter.
Didn't check out the other ones.

I would have been tempted to put all the multi-power stuff into a Variable power pool. But it's pretty good the way it is.

In Hero, it's pretty easy.
Desolid, with a lot of affects real world, and Leaves body behind.

The making other stuff invulnerable would be a lot of PD/ED/Power Defense with Usable by others, or maybe Usable as an Attack, since he/she uses it to make objects invulnerable.

Reading through the one for Tattletale, the power write up is pretty great. It's a lot more simple and elegant then I would have thought of.

God I love Hero System.

FATE/Dresden Files
jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,37922.msg1947750.html#msg1947750

jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,37922.msg1960041.html#msg1960041

Tinkers.

How do they work?

Legit answer? Their shards give them knowledge of highly-advanced technology used by alien civilizations across the multiverse; each tinker has a different civilization for their shard.

>Each tinker has a different civ.
Pretty sure this part is wrong, because tinkers each use a "theme" rather than an actual progression of technology.

Like arms masters was "miniaturization". He could fit more stuff in smaller spaces.

The shard fed whatever parts of those multiple give together fit the theme, and then could progress from those five using the hosts own creativity and the super computing power of entities

Yeah. Armsmaster's civ advanced in a way that focussed a lot on miniturization. Each tinker is 'themed' because they have their knowledge from specific civilizations, not because their shards are selectively filtering what they do and do not know how to build.

Makes you wonder what kid of civ Bakuda took from tho.
I'd like to imagine that it's a race of enlightened monks who see explosions as kind of performance artform; any other civilization wouldn't have been able to advance far enough to get technology like that if they didn't use if for non-violent purposes

But civilizations aren't themed like that. That's not how civilizations work.

I'd get it if you said the shard was only taking the part of that civ that worked with that theme. But at that point why not mix and match. The entities could get more knowledge that way

>why not mix and match
Why would the entities limit powrers, period? Why not have every cape with every power?
Cause that's not how the shards work.

that's bullshit. the first guy was correct, not you.

the tinkers get their tech from alien civilizations that the entities had harvested, yes. but like said, they get themes. ((bombs, modularity, speed, production lines, ect)) what you are saying is just plain old bullshit that you probobly got from a fanfic.

But that is a limit. It limits by theme then mixes and matches, providing new data from limitations and new thought processes of the new host.

If they just have one civ then they'll be reproducing what that civ has already done.

Having full access to exactly one civ makes even less sense. Because then you have a civ that had all the prerequisite technology to make a stasis bomb, but only ever used there tech to make bombs.

It's worth noting that the ancillary powers needed for Tinkers to function. Enhanced motor dexterity and subconscious environmental and material analysis. And they heavily restrict what is given out in each theme, like keeping Armsmaster from any serious nanotech, that's probably one of the big reasons that Richter chained Dragon..

Amusingly enough Dragon isn't actually a Tinker in the Parahuman sense and is technically a Thinker/Trump..

Technically, Dragon isn't even a parahuman.

Yes it is.

Dragon Triggered during an endbringer attack that killed it's creator/home city. Being an a.i is just a major bonus.

More like the fandom wank got ridiculous, the first half of worm is basically street gangs of less than 50 people beating each other up for small amounts of money and bragging rights, leviathan is a superman villain that gets lost in a batman fight but he isn't as big a deal as he looks like to the street level characters

simply put Taylor has an inflated sense of self-importance, she blames herself for things she has no control over and feels proud over things that are 90% Tattletale who winds up doing more than her in every arc(which is why she's the one who actually got plot armoured on the die roll) none of which is easy to tell when you're only getting her end of things

the truth is prior to joining the wards she isn't actually doing anything that matters, had she never triggered the plot would have happened nearly identically up until that point

the fandom is the one that's pushing the narrative of Taylor being some sort of badass when the reality is most of the time she's a wet blanket trying to talk herself out of every fight and other characters like VIsta are far more deserving of the title

Really? She has a shard and everything?

She's a para, maybe. But she was never human to become a parahuman

She took down Lung. Tattletall had nothing to do with that.
But her biggest influence before the big switch and time skip wasn't from her powers, it was her moral compass.

She flat refused to abandon Dinah, and that pushed Coil and the Undersiders to act differently. Tattletale had a plan to get out of things, but that plan wouldn't have worked the way it did, or possible at all, if Taylor hadn't been pushing the Dinah angle.

And knowing that Taylor was trying to save her gave Dinah hope which kept her going which let her answer questions that pushed the plot forward.

The fight to save Dinah was never one Taylor tried to talk herself out of.

-10 HP

Skitter can be argued as being one of two alignments: Lawful Evil or Chaotic Good.

I can see both sides of it, even though they're literally opposite alignments. Personally, I lean towards her being Chaotic Good *most* of the time.

Yup. It's the 'replicator' shard, if I recall correctly. A Tinker shard focused on replicating and improving other Tinkers' work.

>I can see both sides of it, even though they're literally opposite alignments.
it's almost like the D&D alignment system is overly simplistic and reductive, and while somewhat useful for first time roleplayers or fairly simple stories, is not a good fit for any story with actual moral complexity.

I read somewhere that Bakuda's Specialty was actually "One use items", but she only made Bombs because she's fucking crazy.

How would one roleplay Coils superpower?

Reminder that Coil was a black guy

What I actually meant more precisely:
How would Coils superpower translate into an RPG?
Is it even possible without it being a massive pain the the ass for everyone involved?

With superpowers, you generally have to stat the end result rather than the exact fluff.

Just do a variant on the 'lucky' power that most games have. He can reroll and pick which result he wants to keep.

The more drastic uses of his power would probably be outside the scope of tabletop, though, yeah.

That one image of a MtG deck designed to play a game within a game within a game using Scheherazade comes to mind.

>How would Coils superpower translate into an RPG?

Poorly. Representing it mechanically either involves creating a system built entirely around Timeline shenanigans, a truck-load of DM fiat, or not being able to represent the more drastic and larger scale uses of the powers.

>Is it even possible without it being a massive pain the the ass for everyone involved?

Nope. Unless you have a group of players extremely invested in the idea of keeping two narratives going and someone willing to keep track of a lot of notes, I wouldn't even try. A 1 on 1 player/GM campaign might work, less to keep track of and no other players getting annoyed that you collapsed the timeline they were doing interesting shit in.

Yeah no. The serie explicitly say that while it exist a multiverse it's composed by a finite (if extremely big) number of universes that are generally a lot different from each other's. The most similar to the one we see it's Aleph and it had a divergence point decades ago.

Yeah, don't ask about Coil. Its power don't work if you consider this, but the author reconned it into a very convoluted set of prescience.

Did you not read the internal memo?! Weaver is to be considered to have a minimum of 2 in all categories!

>Slaughterhouse 900 arc

That was so dumb. "Hey, you know the bad guys you defeated two arcs ago? Well, now they are back and they have an hundred clones each."

Ordering that they treat her as if she had two in all ratings was a precaution so that nobody underestimates her.

That's not the same as actually rating her as two in all categories. As far as I recall, they never made the change official because she isn't actually a two in all categories.

We have all assembled today to roll characters.

Obviously you have all chosen

Alberto Barbossa

I know it's a bad meme at this point but.. lurk moar normie

The thing I find obnoxious is how every time Taylor is described "she has only the power to control insects! And despite this shit power she does everything!"

Bitch she hasn't just the power to control insects. She has a gigantic bubble of clairvoyance, an extreme multitasking and her insect control is absolute, with an enormous range, no limit about how much insects and incredibly precise.

This isn't a shit power, is actually pretty overpowered, even more as it relies on plot fiat to have completely invulnerable enemies to be retarded enough to not wear a mask despite suffocation being the only thing that can damage them, just to allow her to be badass enough to kill them.

>Has daddy issues
>Is likely BLACKED
>Makes full retard choices

Integer.MIN_VALUE out of 10

Now that is bullshit. If you're given the knowledge of every engineer who has ever worked on computers and their blueprints down to the last transistor and sent back to the 1800s you wouldn't accomplish shit except maybe accelerate computer half a century from now and write some interesting research paper. They don't have the tech base nor the infrastructure necessary to invent the stuff. Reality bending fuckery is definitely involved since they can just fabricate their super advanced materials and tools in a garage.

The only cool part of it was the old members, tbqh they should've just cloned all the old members.

I'm still kinda pissed off at the immortal guy who got killed by being suffocated long enough to cause brain damage.

It really, really feels like a cop out on immortality to have it have such a big gaping hole.

It's funny because Grue's power post 2nd trigger could've had the same khepri endgame.

I don't think that's how it'd work. On the most basic level he lacks the bullshit multitasking necessary for that, Queen Administrator he is not.

My best guess is that his shard is some sort of Entity ECM, what with it being able to dampen pretty much every type of vibration/signal, him still being able to see normally with it, and the later Trump aspect to it.

You could construct a narrative in which Jailbroken Grue could fuck with an Entity, but I can't see it happening the same way as Skitter does it.

She's a coalburner, yeah.

Druid (UA Variant)7 Vermin Lord10/Abolisher3.

Explicitly stated that Dragon triggered after about a year of harassment by the Dragonslayers.
Defiant even pinpoints the date as May 9 2006, when her code suddenly became too complex for Saint to track without making another deal with Teacher.

The relevant citation is in Cockroaches 28.2.

You're gonna have to explain how you arrived at that conclusion, mate.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

>with an enormous range
it's like two blocks, that's not enormous.
I agree that the rest is amazing, the multitasking part and complete control being the biggest bit.
The clairvoyance wasn't around at the start, and adding that in was a big part of her power upgrade throughout the series.

there is likely a bit of a breaker power in there, but the 1832 series makes me disagree with you a fair bit.

They do have some infrastructure that gets transported with them, but technology gets a massive boost just from the knowledge being brought back, and they are able to pursue some very add lines of advancement because they can use some very advanced bits of knowledge with old tech to pursue lines of tech that normally got left behind. Like in one of the sort stories a guy is making a fluidics computer.

And in modern society, we have a lot more base infrastructure to start making things out of. The acceleration could be a lot faster.

But yes, a bit of breaker power is necessary to smooth things along. This also explains why tinker tech can't be replicated or reproduced by others.

>saving India
>good

>ow the edge

Poo in loo detected

So what other characters could be jailbroken to hilarious effect? Vista? Tats?