Epic Level D&D the way it should be

>Get your players all pumped for big bads you get from adventure modules and shit.
>Each and every one of them is tremendously weak compared to the basic shit they can do.

>The game becomes less about combat and more about how they interact with each other, NPCs, and either becoming seen as a great savior or a terrible menace.

Had my first idea being that Bodak are actually extra dimensional beings that exist in their own personal hell "the hall of mirrors" to keep them constantly stunned and you know... NOT invoking their bodak gaze.

But they're escaping somehow. Bodak everywhere man'g.

An 8HD creature is fucking nothing though to you. Even if like three of them bodak gaze you there is literally no chance of you not making that Fortitude save unless you're one of those 1 means an auto-failure. And even than that's only a 5% shot and there's ways to re-roll.

Saitama isn't "the way it should be". He's a parody of power-up animes where the main character manages to BS a superpower to beat someone and gets beaten within an inch of their lives each episode just to cheaply asspull a new ability or secret power to save the day. Saitama just gets his unlimited power from a childhood desire and a moderate exercise routine and doesn't have ANY power up or asspulls to save the day AND is not a hotheaded or emotional teenager seeking fame and power.

Eh, sounds pretty boring in my opinion. Would rather do awesome stuff with all the power I have gained from all those quests and great feats I have accomplished.

I can get behind that, but it also lets you start pulling out the really heavy shit. You'd never throw an entire host of angels or an army of demons at your players, but now it might actually be a challenge.

Also, you seem to have missed the point. High level D&D characters still roll the dice. There's still the possibility of failure, however forgone it may be.

Saitama does not roll the dice. He will never lose. He will never be put in a situation where he has to exert himself in any meaningful way, or struggle. This is an outright stated fact by the creator, and why comparing him to a character with stats is dumb. He has no stats, except a big fucking thing that just says "I WIN".

What if you didn't do all that though and like Saitama you just kind of got unlimited power all of a sudden?

Maybe... have the players THINK they're making level 1 PCs but instead they're level 20. Their saves, attack bonus, everything is level 20 and they don't even know it.

Of course this isn't doing the super fantastical shit of a level 20 PC as far as spellcasting and cheap combos go. But give them "hints" that spells are available and let them think it's only temporary or a stroke of luck. When they figure out they are level 20 they're going to want to do crazy shit.

>"DM these fights are too easy, we're heading into the Abyss to take down some demon princes"

DnD players only want one thing: combat and XP.

This.

Also:
>tfw ret/a/rds unironically believe that parody and pastiche series are "saving anime"
>tfw they don't understand that those are parasitic approaches that can't exist without a core to draw on and would eventually exhaust their fuel if they were the main shows being made

>DnD players only want one thing: combat and XP.

Herp, well I guess that's two things, but intimately related.

Clearly you've never heard of Keynesian economics. The parodies will reward people to challenge the genre, make new additions and new tropes, for them to parody in the future if only to keep the parody going.

People will want to see One Punch Man continue, so they'll write good shonen just for One Punch Man to punch.

I look forward to seeing Golgo13 portrayed, and honestly OPM is just a comical version of Fist of The Northstar.

Automatic Failures and Successes
A natural 1 (the d20 comes up 1) on a saving throw is always a failure (and may cause damage to exposed items; see Items Surviving after a Saving Throw). A natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20) is always a success.

Critical failures on skillchecks are bullshit, its part of the rules on saves.

That doesn't even make sense. Anime studios are in direct competition with each other, and I highly doubt they'll be making straight series purely with the intention of parodying them themselves later. Most of the tropes that are parodied and pastiched are at least 15 years old anyway, and usually go back to the 70s and 80s.

If the industry rewarded artistic innovation so readily, that's what the studious would all be doing already. Times are hard in Japan economically, studios churn out low-risk moeshit and shounen because otaku eat it up.

>They will always make Dragon Ball Z series and Superman Comics.
>Thus they will always make One Punch Man to parody it.

I'm totally fine with this, if I get to continue enhoying OPM.

I'd rather have it done like this.
Let them fuck around in the kiddy pool with their overwhelming power if they want but also provide some serious shit for them to take on.

Am I the only one that thinks the roleplaying/fluff for an epic level cleric, paladin, or monk sounds comfy as fuck?

Epic divine-powered classes should be chilling with angels (or solars, devas, whatever you want to call them) when not acting as their deity's chief agent in the mortal world.

To be fair, epic level warriors would at this stage be rulers of world-spanning empires and living legends. Wizards would have their own planes or doom fortresses, and a hand in shaping the magic of the world. It's mostly the rogues who get shafted, as is tradition.

Monks don't actually get power from a god. They get it from within themselves.

I will never understand why One Punch Man is supposed to be interesting.

>Not being a Godhunter Epic Destiny Rogue and hunting gods for fun and profit.
Why even live?

Any other parody animes that aren't complete shit?

Konosuba is decent, if you take it as a parody of various Fantasy and RPG tropes.

Basic outline? I don't wanna jump in to one and it turns out to have one action scene and then becomes slice of life shit.

I always feel like it's a shame that more people can't properly appreciate Konosuba as a parody of the isekai genre because there's been no bog standard isekai adaptations and they've all be some form of parody (Konosuba) or deconstruction (Re:Zero / Grimgar) of the genre.

Translate Weeaboo into English please. Being Weeaboo isn't a requirement to use a non-anime board.

>A NEET dies because of something stupid.
>A Goddess offers him a chance as at a new life as a hero in another world and to choose one thing to take with him as his special power/talent. All the while making fun of the way he dies.
>NEET chooses the Goddess as his one thing to teach her a lesson.
>Realizes that being an Adventurer isn't as glamorous as the games make it out too be.
>A mage that is obsessed with a spell that makes things go boom but uses all her stamina and a masochistic female knight that cant hit the broadside of the barn him his and the failure of a goddess's party.
>Hilarity and shenanigans ensue.

Oh yeah, I always forget to actually use other terms for that since I'm just used to isekai, my bad.
It's basically reincarnated in/transported to another world, it's a genre that's really made a resurgence in popularity recently in light novels and web novels.

Usually they start with the MC being run over by a truck or something and then meeting some kind of god, which is why the whole opening of Konosuba was what it was.

You're missing the point, OPM is a deconstruction of the genre, and you know the greatest thing about deconstructions? They allow reconstructions. Studios are going to make superhero anime without the cliches because they don't want to be made fun of

>inb4 "That's not what deconstruction means"
It doesn't matter when nobody really knows literary criticism.

To add to this, it doesn't follow a lot of standard weeb tropes. For instance, the NEET and the Goddess are basically sleeping together partway through, and at no point does it feel awkward, forced, or lewd. It's just two people sleeping a few feet away from each other because it's convenient.

Why would I want to do that?