MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Enough about the goddam tuck rule and proxies you autistic fucks edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wizards-no-sense-of-right-and-wrong/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-08-16-march-of-the-golems/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigurs-political-pleasure-palace/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will they ever fix the Gatherer discussion for every card? I miss that.

I miss it too

Don't expect them to fix it though

I mean how long could it take to fix? It's been broken for long enough to have fixed it 100 times over, they just don't want to

First for tuck rule sux, billion craterhoof damage, Emrakul unban and rate my 5000$ proxied deck

Same goes for creatures.
Most reliable ways to win doesn't include creatures and many decks run noncreature strategies. Where I play, many times Living death will be more one-sided than Scrap Mastery, which will most of the time end up as group hugging.

>reading the flavor text on cards from New Phyrexia with the Mirran watermark

Man they got fucked pretty bad

all lands should go to the GRAVEYARD or EXILE FOREVER

Good taste brotha, she is the chica of my dreams.
In all seriousness Mono W D&T in EDH is balls good. Suck my nuts you blue-black-red-green fags! Oh wait you can't because it costs one more generic mana to do that.

>mfw they kill my commander (memeoplasm) for the 3rd time and i just keep letting him goto the graveyard and reanimating him for 2 mana

It like they enjoy wasting removal

What is the best color combination and why is it UG

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/

lookin for recs and rates

>opponent has a bojuka bog

>caring about one generic mana
Come on user, I'm ramping so hard handicap people are jealous. And that's why G is objectively the best colour. Also tutors.

Its not broken. It's just turned off. They dont wan't to pay someone to police it from our racism and shittery.

>waiting on PucaTrade to get sent all the cards you need for your new deck
>it's been three months
>I've only received three cards

Life is suffering.

I swing for 2 damage, response?

Switched some thangs around

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wizards-no-sense-of-right-and-wrong/

What y'all think

PucaTrade is a ponzi scheme user, just buy the cards.

Call you out for an illegal game state since it's attacking by itself

user, you don't have any black or green creatures.

I call the judge and demand Scarred Puma be banned immediately or risk having the table flipped

Then I vomit everywhere

>not swinging with a orinthopter that is black from painter servant

Step up bucko.

>painter servant
heh

Been months and months here too, i have like 1k of random shit on my wants list, even offering 20% more for cards, still dont get shit sent to me

Because enlightened tutor for pic related doesn't make you shit big green goo on the floor, right user?

Ive never dealt with Pucatrade. It sounds like a terrible idea.

What is the best way for me to rip off people and get free shit on this site?

Chinaman proxies

Up till last month it was easy, send people cards (but dont actually send any) then wait for them to make a claim and you both get your points back, itwas like that for ages, now if you want your points back you need to spend more point to "insure" them

People can still just recieve the cards and say they didnt (if the sender didnt pay for tracking) and you get your points refunded

If you all had to choose a mono-colored Commander, who would it be and why?

>he uses the banlist

Sheldon is a fucking faggot, I like using balance in my nahiri deck

Hokori

Because fuck your fun, only my fun is valid

Recievers are covered by puca and you always get your points back, senders get fucked if they dont spend extra point and $10 to insure and track their $5 worth of cards

Chainer, because he has a robot arm and his ability makes him arguably the best monoblack general.

Daretti, Never Forgetti

Skithiryx

It's fun to be the bad guy sometimes.

Azami because Wizards = best tribe

T1 pic related actually fucks all players at the table

I'd love some critique on my deck (that I'm still putting together).

The cost is way, way, way more than I thought it would be but I guess I'm stupid for not thinking it would get that high.

Also, not sure if there's any EDH players in my area so maybe Magic Online is where I should get them.

Anyway here, suggestions, especially on Commander choice is appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-08-16-march-of-the-golems/

Until they remove it
>1RR on turn 1

Pic related because I love smashing nerds and crushing dorks

Mountain, rite of flame, ritual

Oh glad your 99 singleton deck drew it's 1-2 of 1cmc removal. If you get it good on you, if not I'm going to drstory everylane you've ever owned and you will kill yourself by playing lands.

> destroy
> every land

>drstory everylane
Are you OK did you have a stroke

Typing on my phone, brownie points though

That's a lot of life to chew through though

Hmm i got a foil one for tiny leaders hanging around, goblin mld sounds good, i might even put grafted exoskeleton on him so they get 2 infect counters for every land they play

pls help

> world slayer
> nuff said

>Worldslayer on a 2/2 clearly not meant for combat
Go on, make me chuckle again

Thats a lot of Fireballs

Anyways,
Things I'm not a fan of
>Metamorph
Great card, maybe not so great here
>Clever Impersonator
No synergy with instants and sorceries, I assume there are here to make copies of Bone Wand or something
>Meletis Charlatan
The ability to use it repeatedly is outclassed by the ability to cast a Fork off the top of your library

Cards to consider
>Pyromancer's Goggles
>Reset
>Mind Stone (replace chromatic)

What are you even on about?

Reset + Reiterate is literally infinite mana and infinite spells

Metamorph and Impersonator are there to either copy my own good shit or someone else's, like good ramp. I'm not building this for a super-cutthroat meta but I want to go fast and copy a whole bunch of spells for a fuckload of damage. Goggles, Reset and Mind Stone look good too

Should I tone down on the Fireballs for some other stuff?

What kind of deck boxes do you guys reccomend, my normal deck box doesn't really work with my EDH deck...

Satin Towers are really good

I like Satin Towers, fits a double sleeved deck well.

>literally infinite mana and infinite spells
But how

Dragonshield

Why does the image name say David Letterman?

COME ON /D2G/ OUR GUY SLACKS DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUPPORT, WHO'S YOUR TEAM??

Wrong board there sonny

Cast reset to untap your lands, holding priority reiterate with buyback targeting reset, then float all the mana of your lands, let the reiterate copy of reset resolve untapping them, then cast reiterate again on reset, float mana, let it resolve, etc etc

You don't let the original reset resolve until you're done making infinite mana or infinite storm count, etc

Alright Veeky Forums, I need suggestions for the spiciest cards to put in a Lorthos, the Tidemaker control deck. I'm talking pic related levels of spice.

Tap a single creature to make Tromokratis unblockable, also sea monster flavor

Look closely at thalia

Keep in mind that Reset can't be cast during your turn.

>when an opponent tries to combo off on your end step before their turn and they dont pay attention to your sundial of the infinite

When your opponent casts time warp and you have an Ugins Nexus in play

Elesh Norn because fuck your tokens, that's why.

Right that's why I prefer a simple turnabout reiterate combo instead, but it does cost 2 extra mana

Turnabout can't be tutored for by Firemind's Foresight, though. Why not run both?

Good point, all depends on the deck and how many slots they have for the combo

I prefer turnabout because it's such a versatile card but if you're running firemind' foresight I can totally see wanting both

Oh God now I don't know what to run

I just want to play Fireballs and copy them

You don't want too many fireballs because it only takes 1 fireball copied a bunch of times to kill the table, better to just run the best 2-3 fireballs (comet storm, etc) and dedicate more slots to the early mis game, cantrips and tutors and draw to find your big mana combos and fireballs

I will work on that, thank you

But now I must sleep. I'm pretty psyched for this deck, I've never really done stuff like this before, my group likes creatures too much

Who is Mizzix and why is she a God-blin?

Whelming Wave, for seafood flavour

Just made a Vorel deck and found interactions like Yisan. I really didnt expect it to be this much fun. Any other spicy creatures I should include? I already have the typical Sage of Hours and Lighthouse Chronologist.

I dont understand the whole "lol she looks like david letterman" shit going around. I 'll wager she has better looking teeth than most the fags here

If you're running some serious seabed slammers, consider slotting in the Talrand/Jalira fun stuff combo. It rewards you for what mono blue does anyway, and gets you some free fatties.

The two blue/green Myojin and That Which Was Taken

If you're playing duel commander and your deck has multiple legends you could use as a commander are you allowed to swap in between matches or do you have to use the same one each time?

My Phyrexian Waifu. Don't need any other reason.

You can swap before and after game. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have variety commanders, had a guy in my group with a mono B deck with the choice between 15 commanders

Do you enjoy mana-intensive, janky, potentially massive card draw?

I made my choice. I am truly the monster.

/edh/ goes through topics fucking fast. Anyway, your land count seems acceptable, but your creature list is bizarre, and that's even discounting the Gods for their utilities. Not only are there not nearly enough, some of them are truly odd. No Karmic Guide, Angelic Arbiter or Skirmisher? You can have things control your opponents that are ALSO Angels, user. Take more advantage of those kinds of cards and add more of them!

Elesh Norn is weird in here. Demon of Death's Gate is "just" a trampler, he could totally be an Ob Nixilis Unshackled or Overseer of the Damned instead. Tyrant's Familiar is weaksauce compared to Balefire Dragon or any number of Hellkites. Bogardan, Tyrant, Steel, not even one of them is in here.

Who would be the best commander for packing as many silly alternate wincons into a deck as I can? Like Azor's Elocutors/Labman type shit

Aaaaaand I just saw that a lot of cards I named, plus fucking Avacyn, are in your maybeboard. That is not where they should be.

Any bant deck you piece of shit.

Thanks. I don't play much EDH even with friends so I wanted to be sure before I went out and played with strangers.

So angry, goodness

Momir Vig
Tutor up Biovisionary with clone creatures/clone spells
Win the game

If you're playing with strangers you might need to make sure they're fine with it cause some people get upset about those things but most people I've played with a lenient on it

I am looking for some feedback here, some on a deck I have had/worked on for a while. Then three potentially new decks.

The Banana Man himself.
>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigurs-political-pleasure-palace/

The other three are ones I have been considering for a while, I know EDHrec is out there but I am more of looking for personal opinions on how the deck felt in your experience.(Clunky, fluid, ect.)

>macar stax
How are you going to tap him? Tangle wire?

Then plan was to use cards such as Liquidmetal Coating and Clock of Omens.
Springleaf Drum, Sword of Paruns, Umbra Mantle are other ways.
Honor-Worn Shaku and Koskun falls are a couple of others.
If I run lattice I can use other cards that allow me to tap artifacts for effects.

Be careful with Lattice, I NEVER play it without a way to sac or destroy it at instant speed, that card is a menance to every player at the table.

Could be spicy. I support this choice user, let me know if it's good and I'll take a shot at building it.