Drawthread: Mitosis Edition

Previous Thread Please take the time to read the Drawthread guidelines below!

Requesters:
>Provide good, detailed references (pictures are better than verbal descriptions), so the artists know what you're looking for.
>Hold off on additional requests after receiving a delivery from an artist, be mindful of the other requests that might deserve attention.
>Bump your request only after 24 hours has passed, you may bump once every 24 hours after the first.
>If you're unsatisfied with your completed request, please wait a 2-3 threads or so to re-request it.
>Reminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Other urls found in this thread:

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b9/Assajj_concept-art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091029195558
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-soliders-front-line-infantry-british-army-commander-tim-collins-no-place-for-woman-a7129271.html
washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/03/10/survey-details-depth-of-opposition-in-marine-corps-to-allowing-women-in-combat-jobs/
dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a262626.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=eO696B03l48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anchor post for this.

Migration

I'm looking to request character art for a fellow. I've attached a reference image, but that's more for general theme/tone than a "copy these things" sort of thing. If the request interests you, feel free to use it or mostly ignore it.

This character is tall, broad, and stoop-shouldered. He wears a wide-brimmed hat to keep the sun and weather off, and he wears a long coat like you might find on a highway robber - it's almost more rags than coat at this point. For armor, he wears coat of plates under his coat on his torso, with his limbs unencumbered. He wears gloves or wraps on both hands. Around his neck is a mirror on a chain, about the size of one's hand, with apparent fangs threaded through the chain as well. The mirror is an important detail: he's basically unhinged enough to basically be daring his prey to attack him. He wears cumbersome-looking, well-worn boots.

In one hand he wields a long-hafted, broad-headed, gore-drenched battle axe, preferably with a pronounced 'hammer' on the reverse (this is used for pounding stakes). Perhaps a bearded axe or an indo-persian style war axe. In his other hand he holds a crossbow, the grip wrapped in leather cording. From his belt (or perhaps a chest bandolier) dangle a number of stakes (Not too many, maybe 3) and a couple of small drawstring bags (containing things like sawdust and measures of blessed salt).

Facially, this man should look unhinged and unsettling, a grinning maniac like Alexander Anderson, with a wild hobo's beard and long, scraggly hair, both grey. His face is creased with age and grimy, as if he's been traveling for a while or else has simply stopped caring about looking presentable. Overall, I'd say I want him to have a bestial cast.

Requesting an important character for my setting, mysterious knight associated with reincarnation themes and possibly being an angel.

>1 Is the armor the mystery warrior wears under all the cloth, full chainmail that covers his entire body, including leggings that you can't see.

>2 is the helm he wears, instead of the one in 1. A great helm exactly like seen, painted yellow, with a great horn curving backwards from the front of the head, tipped with feather crests.

>3 is the cloth he wears and his steed. He wears a cloak/surcoat that covers almost all of his armor woven with red and yellow chevrons in a repeating pattern across his body. This includes his horse which also wears a full covering of the same cloth. The rider and steed blend together, making it hard to tell where one begins and the other ends. Very baggy, puffy sleeves as well, and the cloth ends at the knee, exposing his legs which unlike this figure are clothed in chainmail leggings, not plate armor.

>4 the mystery knight carries a kite shield like pictured, but instead of a cross it is painted with an image of roaring flame with no other heraldic icons. Just an inferno.

>5 Despite being early period, he miraculously carries a flame-blade bastard sword like pictured. While not literally on fire, the sword glows with an uncanny aura of golden light.

Posing wise, if possible, could he be riding towards an unseen enemy, readying a strike from his sword?

I don't think OR got it so i will post it again.

I would like a guy in an armor similar to pic related, but the armor is painted over, half of it is black, and half white. The side invert for the helmet and the legs so that if the torso is white on the right, helmet and legs will be black on the right.

The helmet has the 'comedy/tragedy' faces painted, tragedy being the black side. The knight's shield is roughly shaped as a mask, without the eyes being hollow, of course, but is also painted so that half is smiling and half is 'crying', referencing tragedy/comedy masks again. The weapon of choice is a classic flanged mace.

This is a deity/entity of one of my settings and I would love to have a visual to present to players.

I am playing in an traditional fantasy OSR game and my magic user found a magic staff with a carved bat on it. Sonic blast once per day as magic missile, radar screech once per day and bat attacks on a crit.

Kindly Requesting a bat themed wizards staff.

The smaller image shows the hairstyles for the two. The one on the left is #1 and the girl on the right is #2. The one on the right is a bard with an ocarina and is shy and the one on the left is much more outgoing and is a sorcerer, if that changes anything. Their outfits are just kimonos with those patterns on it. It's a blue kimono with lightning bolts/clouds for the girl on the left and a purple kimono with stars for the girl on the right. if there's anything I missed tell me. The girl on the left is also a bit taller and about 1-2 years older than the one on the right

I'd like to request a dark/edgy kobold having their snout stroked by pretty much their polar opposite (of any race). Whether he's going along with it 'ironically' or letting himself enjoy being pet is up to you. Gender of either character is also up to you.

Colour request:
white shirt, dark blue jeans with some oil stains and some faint blood stains, greyish black beard and hair and light grey arms with blue lights inside, and the outside of the glasses is white

Requesting this techno-Valkyrie chatting and sharing stories with a few guardsmen and one butthurt looking commissar who's glaring at her, around a campfire.

The context or story is that the tech-valkyrie is from a race of literal space valkyries with advanced tech who're now "allied" with the imperium. And the tech-valkyrie in this request is just making friends with the local IGs but the commissar still views her and her race with a certain disdain for reasons.

forgot to attach the fucking drawing

hey

taking simple/unsettling request

ghost guy
mushroom cloud

migrating request

i wanted to make a color request for this please

It is some basic leather and fur clothes with some bone details on the woman, so you get a basic idea for the colors, and i would like the buttons and belt to be gold. The man is black btw

shoot

This SWAT team busting into something really disturbing and creepy with their guns pointed at to whatever it is. Whatever creepy or disturbing thing they bump into is all up to you SpookyAnon.

A machine like this holding someone up by their head and crushing it.

This is kind of a weird question, but does anyone else missing dropping a request like an unwanted baby without being required to make a collage out of the perfect images to represent your characters? I liked seeing what came of the artists intepretation of my request, and I don't really make them anymore because of the overhead now.

I was done if the artist found it interesting, and struck their fancy. Post a poorly edited sample image or, god help you, no image at all, and you get several anons lodging their whiny dicks down your throat faster than you can say 'no thank you'

When did this style of request happen? Cross board contamination?

OR here, that's fucking awesome. I really love the expression.

Bonus points for a file name that sounds like something she'd say.

I will try
the design reminds me of something but i can't pin it down.

I will definelty try it.

Requesting lean-muscled male human tearing a wanted poster in half. (claw gauntlet for visual flavor)

On his waist front - a pair of ornate dragon pistols: like Ventress' lightsabers.
(forgot image)
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b9/Assajj_concept-art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091029195558

Ornate curved sword on one hip and a wolf mask on the other. Decorative leather/silk clothing - open at the front.

Thankee much!

Requesting a more slender and feminine version of this dragon sitting inside a huge circular library wearing half-moon glasses and facing the viewer. If maybe some books flew around magically too, maybe between shelves, that would really cool
Thanks in advance

Yeah. I got a few really good deliveries that way, too.

Suppose I'll migrate this.
I would like to request these four kids tucked into bed while the guy in armor (who's still in armor) reads them a bedtime story. They're all in various stages of sleepiness.

It's from Civ:BE

Kinda reminds me of the ADVENT mechs from XCOM:2

Migration situation

I'd like to request an image for a campaign villain. A skeletal dude with a little bit of necrotised flesh left on his body, what little of it is visible behind his full plate. Said full plate is standard metal tone with a brass/gold trim and no helmet, very well made but next to no ornamentation save a symbol of Zarus (see reference) on the torso. Whisps of shadow form a cloak/robe/thing with a hood, and he's carrying a maul like the one in the reference.

Thanks in advance.

could you draw me a wisp/sprite? light blue and purple with two big eyes and tinny nub arms?

My air conditioner broke. Requesting a sweaty female Catachan with a pose and/or expression that communicates "dang, it's hot!"

Requesting an image of her sitting in an empty bar enjoying herself while drinking all the seemingly free drinks.

>When did this style of request happen? Cross board contamination?
It's not that, it's just useful to give reference for something specific that a requester wants.

If you want to drop an imageless request you can, it's just that images grab attention more.

thats the one

last one i played was 5's brave new world.

i have been over the fence over buying the last civ. (and 6 for that matter when it comes out)

i will try.

She should be carrying the 10 kids she needs to have to maintain the population in an enormous baby carrier.

Five are already dead but she hasn't noticed yet.

>hurr durr muh stronk independent womyn

remind me again why you think this is appropriate in WH40K when that's not how the setting works?

BE was alright. It had really good lore tucked away in menus and the gameplay wasn't perfect but I thought it was pretty good. It was a little shallow, but fun to play with a couple friends. Definitely think it deserved a final expansion.

What's the request of this drawing? That woman whom I assume is a soldier looks like a pretty faced; but scared, half elf woman.

Nope, I barely read anything without a reference pic. I'm here to draw, not to search for you that obscure race you want for your Special snowflake, or that weird medieval weapon nobody have heard in 400 years.

If you want the drawfags to do some efford, so should you.

No matter what side you're on can we please leave it in the last thread?

He didn't even say catachan soldier, he just said catachan.

There ARE women on catachan, regardless of whether they're recruited into the IG.

What? In the grimdark future, there's only war. There's tons of stuff that isn't war right now, and we still have female soldiers

There have been female catachans for at least ten years.

Bottom right.

Females would not survive the conditions of war in the 40K universe

>moaning about people requesting women characters as soldiers and or military personnel in wh40k

And so what? What's wrong about it considering there have been female characters who are strong and powerful throughout warhammer???

looking for some coloring help here. I managed to throw a serape pattern and color the belt buckle, but that's mostly the extent of my photoshop-and-trackpad skills.

Anyone willing to help me out, I'm looking to get the bandoleer/clothes/gear in pretty standard browns/tans, and His scales in a black-and-yellow Gila Monster pattern. (Just google gila monster if you're not familiar with them, they're a regular lizard species in the American southwest.)

There are no female Catachan
>pic related: Catachan mating

*effort

Maybe proofread your posts before you smash that "Post" button.

It's autism.

GW disagrees, and has for a long, long time.

>just google XY

DROPPED

Nobody survives the conditions of war in the 40k universe, dumbass.

A robot cowboy with cowboy boots, poncho, and cowboy hat.

draw two pig orcs based on pic related fighting over an elf slave! they are twins but they don't like to share

My bad, I didn't want to trigger your autism.

>In the grim dark future of w40k, only men survive

Sounds pretty fucking gay to me buddy, I'd rather have a platoon of ripped to shit women rescuing my scrawny ass from space orks.

I know this is lazy bait, but I just can't resist biting.

>It's autism.
It's more autistic to sperg about it on an African pottery website.

desu senpai those women literally will be ripped to shit right in front of you by orks as they scream for daddy all the while. I'm sure that'll be great for morale.
Sorry to ruin your fetish fantasy. But it'll be less femdom, more guro.

Migrating

Can give more info if needed but basically need a noble portrait for an Emperor type character.

Here you go then. Two gila monsters, along with a lot of cowboy clothes for color reference.

So will men. That's the entire point of the Imperial Guard, you just need bodies holding guns, and at the end you hope some of them are still standing.
Man, woman, it don't mean shit when there's a fucking Carnifex coming at you

So would space marines, though.

It might. Women get power armor.

>I'd much prefer soldier girls because they give me a boner
>this somehow won't translate to much greater morale loss when they inevitably die horribly

People care way more when women get killed than men, hence why none of the mangled dead guardsmen in these pics are ever women, because no one likes to see it or draw it.

OR for the OP image here.

Thank you for avoiding the shitposting. I like it. Different from my mental image, but better, too.

tossing out a request for to be sitting on the edge of a building looking out over a city with a look of defeat and loss on her face.

user, have you ever actually seen someone die? Right before your eyes?

Requesting a character for my game, he wears a respirator/mask like the one in the ref. His gauntlets allow him to shoot out liquid nitrogen like a water gun. He wears armor that resembles Genjis but it's a dark blue and black color, but he doesn't have a sword. His respirator shoots out a small amount of mist everytime he breathes.

would you do it if you were him?

Death Korps of Krieg psyker without her mask on. Near the end of last thread if you want to read the shitposts it spawned.

No. But serving soldiers have, and they're some of the most ourspoken opponents to shoehorning women into combat roles.

Requesting art for an antagonist in my Pathfinder Game

He's a Half-orc whom wears a suit of half plate with a short cape made out of long raven feathers.
His armour is stained and blotchy with poor metalwork and he has a helmet that looks exactly like the "crow" helmet from shadow of mordor but with a mane in the back made of, you guessed it, raven feathers, and without any lower mouth part so his savage orcy grin is visible.

He wields a longsword in his right hand and in his left is a long heavy wooden shield with iron reinforcements and an outer splayed decoration of raven feathers at the empty divit sections.

His armour is like in the picture but without the fur parts and without the bare chest.

Thankyou very much in advance, I'll appreciate anything I get!

It's just a fact that men, on average, are better suited to certain roles than women. And one of those roles is having their skinned turned into the wrap on the handle of a Chaos Space Marine's chainsword.

So women in the Guard is just crazy

Here's your (You).

Can I get a Flying Bandito?

If you're gonna lie, make it something that can't be dispelled after three minutes on Google.

dude nobody should be doing soldier shit IRL

It's still not funny. This was never funny.

5 mins in paint
Nice quads :3

The biggest reason in 40k for having women in the armed forces is because of a lack of personnel. Yes, it's likely most of the initial troops and best troops from a planet would be male, but with the need to send waves of reserves upon waves of reserves, you'll eventually have to start picking up whoever you can. Hell, there's records of women AND children serving in World War 1 and 2, especially in the Third Reich's final days.

To be slightly tangential, but still on the same point, it's the same reason why there are female soldiers in Twilight 2000. Because when you're having a nuclear exchange alongside your conventional fighting, you sort of do need everyone who can go to go.

Inb4 women are just as capable at war activity than men. They can serve if the need is dire, but a vast majority of women can not reach the standards expected by most national militaries. In addition, a woman's neural workings are different from a males, namely the amygdala, which generates such things as fear and empathy. I'd argue the amygdala is perhaps one of the greatest reasons why women don't make as effective combatants as males, as the often overlooked need for nigh-psychopathic neurology to remain effective through a war, which women are less prone to.

Anyways, TL;DR, women and children can be used as last resort reserves, which more or less encompass every soldier in Warhammer 40k's universe.

The comedians are here!

There's also the fact that females have less developed brains in general which leads to impulsiveness and inability to think rationally under stress, both of which usually mean death in combat situations. There's a reason humans lived in clans centered around an alpha male in prehistoric times.

Nice dubs.

It's not less developed, it's differently developed. As I said, they possess a larger amygdala, which means they are more likely to succumb to fear. This is likely because they are generally more important to our species than males, as one male can create many babies in a short amount of time, but females need to hold a single baby for months. So, they less cool when placed in life or death situations, leading to less selflessness and more self preservation.

>There's a reason humans lived in clans centered around an alpha male in prehistoric times.
No there's not. No they didn't

Damn, you got to it first. I added yours to mine since it really fit.

delivery

>it's not worse, it's different

Found the liberal

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-soliders-front-line-infantry-british-army-commander-tim-collins-no-place-for-woman-a7129271.html

washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/03/10/survey-details-depth-of-opposition-in-marine-corps-to-allowing-women-in-combat-jobs/

Yeh shit I mean what would a former SAS commander and 75% of marine infantry know about it rite, as long as we break down those glass ceilings.

How do you think a woman is gonna fare when some raghead or chaos cultist is trying to smash her head into a mangled pulp with a rifle butt?
How do you think the squad is gonna respond when the soldier girl is lying in three parts out on the street, screaming her lungs out in that high-pitched child-like voice. Only they can't go help because the machine gun that just chopped her up will get them too? Can you imagine the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan with a bunch of 18/19 year old girls? Staggering around picking up their limbs, crying for daddy as they pack their mangled guts back inside their ruined midsections? You don't think that would be worse for morale?

dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a262626.pdf

>Mixed gender units suffered consistently higher casualty rates

Oh boy would you look at that, it turns out having women in your unit does make it worse.

In the case of Planetary Defence Forces I agree. But the Imperial Guard is a reactionary force with limited transport capacity. There's no reason to take not-the-best.

again? really?

Great idea!

youtube.com/watch?v=eO696B03l48

On an actually on topic note, could I get a wereshark in this sort of style peering up through the water at an unsuspecting adventurers?

This thread is pure autism

>what is training

>But the Imperial Guard is a reactionary force with limited transport capacity. There's no reason to take not-the-best.
jesus christ, learn literally anything about 40k before you spout off about it. Ships in 40k are HUGE. Some of them have entire societies that the crew don't even know about on some forgotten deck somewhere.
The only limit to transportation in 40k is the vagaries of Warp travel, and the ridiculous amount of planets and colonies over such a vast distance

Yes, because I state that different things have different uses, I am therefor a liberal hippie scum. It's worse in some areas, better in others. It seems people like to forget the fact that mothering a child was actually very important back in the day when everything wasn't easy. If it weren't for female psychology, we'd likely have died off because everyone would have gotten theirselves killed.

Men are for defending and dying, and women are for reproducing and nurturing, and both excel at what they're supposed to do.

>ITT: liberal babbies can't cope with the fact that -4 STR isn't just a meme

b-but m-muh fantasy amazons ;-;

I'll do this one for you.