Shinobi Quest #28

Shinobi Quest #28

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime spent a time conferring with Danzo regarding what happened on her mission. Upon the reveal of the identity of Shisui Uchiha as a member of the Akatsuki, Danzo brought Tsuki to meet with an old friend of his- the Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, who had been enjoying his retirement with his family.

His request was simple- to have Tsuki and the girls reassigned to a non-Uchiha teacher. Though Tsuki understood his reasoning, she rejected it- and successfully talked Danzo down. Bidding the Third goodnight, the two returned to the Norihime manse, where Tsuki spent a bit of time considering the exams before turning in.

We rejoin Tsuki the next day- Four weeks to the day before the beginning of the chunin exams.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfGjLIPRgDA
twitter.com/WargleQM/status/763090157926887424
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sweet.

Minatocon when?
Sensei pantsu when?
Completing Lord Second's work when?

I wonder what nickname were going to get when we finally show off Stellar in the exams
>tfw its The Blue Comet

Learn both a genjutsu and a lightning one

Genjutsu a shit

Learn a couple fire and Lightning jutsu water walking and then make speed/stamina gains

Never.

I want my speed and stamina anons. Along with some Lightning jutsu, or taijutsu instead.

None of the above
>Not taking on the name "Queen of Diamonds"
>Not learning chakra scalpel
>Not combining our new chakra scalpel with stellar
>Not making Shining-Finger-No-Jutsu

ISHYGDDT

It’s a cool morning in Konoha- the sun shining brightly in the clear, blue sky. You walk towards the Academy with no particular haste- you suspect you’ll beat Hinata and Nori there, so there’s no need to rush. You sent out servants at dawn with a message- that Team 7 needed to meet in the academy to plan out it’s next moves. You’ve already toyed with several plans, but you need a buy in from both of them before planning can proceed.

You play absentmindedly with the Egg around your neck- you’ve noticed yourself doing that every so often, without even thinking about it. You’ve been sleeping with it on, too- you just always seem to forget to take it off. There haven’t been any more odd dreams, though, so you aren’t particularly worried.

The Academy looms over you, the building directly connected to the Hokage’s offices. It dawns on you that you haven’t been back here since you graduated- although, in your defense, you’ve been a busy girl.

Pushing gently on one of the wooden double doors, the smell of books and scrolls hits your nose- not entirely unpleasant, but distinct. Only the young woman working the front desk notices you enter, waving you in at the sight of your headband, wrapped around your arm. She seems to be the only one here; excellent.

Were getting burning finger in Space pirate quest, so thats good enough for me. Even though I love G Gundam

>A. Head to the Hokage's office
>>B. Surprise Minato with some office head, God knows Kushina wouldn't do that for him.

Meant to quote

Supporting, this quest is lewd now

Remember guys, go fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=yfGjLIPRgDA

We need to focus on speed and Afterglow. It already puts us at Lee wiythout the weights when it's on, and a combined +1 to speed would put us on kakashi's level before we even make chunin! We GOTTA GO FAST! We even leave a goddamn blue streak behind us! We should also make some rocket boots to take it to the next level, and possibly as a cover for the blue fire from Afterglow. Say it's just the rocket exhaust.

We have the potential to be the perfect unholy combination of Sonic and Eggman!

Tsuki is associated with rabbits, and the middle finger is a gesture that means fuck you. In this context, talking about Minato, it must mean Minato wants to fuck us!

You select a study table near the back, tucked in a hidden and out of the way corner of the academy. Taking a seat, you pull out the envelope addressed to you that Danzo had provided this morning. Inside, a letter from Minato, the Fourth, and a bank note for 200,000 Ryo.

“Thanks again for your hard work, Tsuki Norihime! Itachi had nothing but the best to say about your team’s performance, despite the obstacles in your way. Enclosed is your payment for the completion of a mission of A-Rank. Continue to work hard, and make all of us proud!”

---- Minato Uzumaki, Fourth Hokage

Tucked behind the letter is the paperwork for the Chunin exams- likely provided by Itachi’s request. You know you’ll need to fill it out and submit it with your teammates to be admitted to the exams- one of many reasons you all need to meet.

First, though, you have the money to consider. It’s a decent amount of money, although nothing compared to your family’s fortune. You don’t particularly need the money, but you can think of a few uses for it.

You…

1. Decide to keep the money. Might as well, right?
2. Put it aside for personal research and development. Can’t rely on father for everything.
3. Put it aside for Danzo and ROOT. While Danzo refuses to let you wander the facility without his guidance, you suspect that if you want to return it to working order, you’ll need some cash.
4. Start a charitable donation arm of the Norihime corporation. By participating in charitable giving, the reputation of the company will surely grow- and it’s probably the right thing to do, to boot.
5. Do something else with the money. (What?)

Ok but seriously let's get a team strategy, lightning jutsu then the rest privately with danzo for Afterglow

>4. Start a charitable donation arm of the Norihime corporation. By participating in charitable giving, the reputation of the company will surely grow- and it’s probably the right thing to do, to boot.
Tsuki's standing in the village must grow.

>2. Put it aside for personal research and development. Can’t rely on father for everything.

>1. Decide to keep the money. Might as well, right?
>2. Put it aside for personal research and development. Can’t rely on father for everything.
>3. Put it aside for Danzo and ROOT. While Danzo refuses to let you wander the facility without his guidance, you suspect that if you want to return it to working order, you’ll need some cash.
>4. Start a charitable donation arm of the Norihime corporation. By participating in charitable giving, the reputation of the company will surely grow- and it’s probably the right thing to do, to boot.

50,000 Ryou for each.

>3. Put it aside for Danzo and ROOT. While Danzo refuses to let you wander the facility without his guidance, you suspect that if you want to return it to working order, you’ll need some cash.

It would be nice getting the facility working, and the charity would look really good for us.

3. Put it aside for Danzo and ROOT. While Danzo refuses to let you wander the facility without his guidance, you suspect that if you want to return it to working order, you’ll need some cash.

Off the book cashflow

We don't need to be fast when we can burn down the entire area around us with a nuclear explosion

Train up ninjutsu stellar and improve our chakra levels and control

3. Put it aside for Danzo and ROOT. While >Danzo refuses to let you wander the facility without his guidance, you suspect that if you want to return it to working order, you’ll need some cash.

>5. Do something else with the money. (What?)
Buy TenTen
Not even the shop.

Buy TENTEN. Have her test new weapon prototypes. Tease. Research. Repeat.

Do you equate Ryo with Yen or Dollars, Wargle?
Also if the Norihime Clan had more members, how common would Stellar Release be?

>1. Decide to keep the money. Might as well, right?
Drop 50k in each project.

If we're allowed to.

seconded

>Also if the Norihime Clan had more members, how common would Stellar Release be?

Not at all.

Only Tsuki would have it.

everyone should have afterglow

2. Put it aside for personal research and development. Can’t rely on father for everything.

I know we'll have other opportunities to get cash.

Luckily Tsuki can give that to anyone with a little effort.

Somebody calculated the exchange rate out on the internet- it's about 10 ryo to 1 dollar. Your payment for this mission is roughly $20,000.

Shinobi are paid very well.

But all these Norihime are descended from Tsuki.

That doesn't mean it will be passed on.

It won't be passed on.

It needs genetic manipulation to even exist.

This should enter Tsukis off shore bank account incise things get bad

Tsuki was born of Danzo fuckery? What was that established?

>Trusting the Land of Water with your money
Wew

Orochimaru fuckery, probably.

And it was established when I asked Wargle about it on Twitter like two month ago.

3 and 4 are the most popular- we can put aside 100k for each project, for now. It's not an exact science, but I'll keep track of how much money has been equated to each.

Writing.

Is this all of our share and not meant to be shared with everyone else?

Think it's just our share.

It's Tsuki's part of the payment.

You decide to split the money between the facility and charitable giving. You’ll need to wait until after you’re a chunin to bring the topic up to Danzo, but hopefully that will soon be rectified. As for the future Norihime Foundation, you’ll have to bring it up with father later, though you doubt he’ll object.

A bit of time passes after you fold the envelope back inside your uniform- Hinata will likely be here shortly, but Nori might take another hour. Might as well look around at some of the knowledge within the library, right?

You…

1. Look for a book on Basic Utility Techniques
2. Look for a book on Medical Ninjutsu
3. Look for a book on Fire Techniques
4. Look for a book on Lightning Techniques.
5. Look for a book on Genjutsu.

(Because of Norihime Genius, you are able to effectively study from two books at once. Therefore, pick two to focus on.)

>2. Look for a book on Medical Ninjutsu
>3. Look for a book on Fire Techniques
Burn and patch things up.

>1. Look for a book on Basic Utility Techniques

>4. Look for a book on Lightning Techniques.

We don't need Medicine Hinata has that afaik, we have enough fire, and low level genjutsu isn't going to be useful

That is your share of the payment. It's on the low side for an A-Rank mission, because it was originally of B-Rank.

Medical is always a good thing, and Hinata could do with learning the basics. Meanwhile, we need lightning.

Double on Lightning becuase we need some jutsus.

I want to see Stellar combined with Lightning Jutsu

>5. Look for a book on Genjutsu.

2. Look for a book on Medical Ninjutsu
4. Look for a book on Lightning Techniques.

Anons just how far do you want us to spread ourselves? We already have stellar, our normal releases, kenjutsu, fans, and bows that people want us to work on. We don't need any medical jutsu right now, we can just buy a medkit

Chakra Scalpel, son!

Could we double study one book?

We really need the basics.

Let someone else take up Medical on the team. Like Nori.

We have the sharpest swords in the world user, we don't need it

honestly basic medical ninjutsu is practically a utility. If you don't got it you screwed.

.....Plus chakra scalpel and stellar need combining.

I don't think we're going have Tsuki master it. Just basic skills and it's good to learn about healing and human weak points.

Knowledge on how the body and chakra functions means that we'd be able to better utilise our afterglow.

. Look for a book on Basic Utility Techniques
. Look for a book on Lightning Techniques.

Unnecessary.

Do you not know what it does?

Or that it's Wargle approved?
>twitter.com/WargleQM/status/763090157926887424

Not really mate We have a lot on our plate already.

Fair point but we can spend time learning that later, healing jutsus take a lot of time to learn since its delicate work and you can fuck it up easily and end up killing someone. Now is the time to work on fighting skills

Why becuase you guys have a shining finger fetish?

We need to use our natural duel affinity to our advantage

>Genjutsu book
Let's,atleast see what there is

Actually fair points, especially considering I said the same things myself earlier.
changing vote to:

I suppose, yes. I'll count up the votes and then put another vote forward between the two chosen.

No don't. Only Sleepy wants to double read.

Let's just move on.

Please no.

He's like the only one asking about that.

Let's just get on with the thread.

I oppose the double read.

pls just continue, shinobi quest needs glorious progress

Lightning wins majorly, while Basic Utility wins by a fraction.

Writing.

>miss the thread for an hour playing SFV trying to be less of a scrub

still a scrub, scrub

I know that pain, I've been taking a break and switched to GG Xrd

Have a good and fun thread now, anons, QM, namefriends, and trips.

So how long until Tsuki develops mechs for the ninja world

After browsing the library, you choose two books- a book on elementary lightning techniques, and a second book covering basic to advanced basic utility skills.

You figure these two books will give you a wide enough base of techniques for the exams- you hope.

You flip through the two tomes…

(You’ll be able to pick the “Study Books” option later on for training, to learn a technique from each book. Later on, once you’ve mastered the techniques in the Lightning tome, you can move on the a book on intermediate lightning techniques. You can pair this with the tutoring Nori option.)

After browsing for a few minutes, you hear the doors to the Academy open. Hinata enters, with Nori in in tow. The blonde girl looks like she just woke up, which is entirely likely.

You wave them over, and they sit at your table. After a bit of small talk, you get down to business.

“Alright, you two. I assume you got the paperwork with your letter this morning?” you inquire.

“Yes, my father gave it to me before I left.” Hinata reports.
“Yeah, my mom left it on my desk this morning. It’s probably in there- I didn’t read it.” Nori says with a yawn.

“...Right. Anyway, we’ll need to double down on our training before the exams start- we only have four weeks.” You say, reading off the paperwork in front of you. “We need to know a bit more about these exams- I only know the basics. Luckily, you both have a family member that took it recently. Hinata, did Neji have anything to say about it?”

“Ah, um… No, he didn’t. He really hasn’t said much to me since his exams- and his mood only seemed to worsen after his team returned from the mission from the Land of Waves. Besides, he’ll be entering again this year- with conditional advancement based upon his performance.” Hinata explains.

“Right.” Nori pipes in. “Dad only promoted my brother last time- though he told both Neji and Sai that as long as they performed well again this exam period, they’d be promoted to chunin. I did ask Naruto about the exams, and he just laughed. Said Dad keeps them somewhat fresh every year, but that he isn’t very creative. He also gave me this-”

Nori produces a small, worn novel, entitled: “Tales of a Gutsy Ninja” authored by Jiraiya the Gallant.

Wait-

“That old perv Jiraiya actually wrote a book?” You say, somewhat surprised.

“Several, actually- but I… wouldn’t read the others. This is his only serious work.” Nori says, placing the book on the table.