Medival but with guns

Can I get some images of retrofuturistic knights with guns? I don't know what it'd be called (medievalpunk?) but I love the aesthetic of medieval society and knighthood but with modern guns.

I'm especially looking for this one picture I saw a long time ago that was some sort of knight patrol.

Other urls found in this thread:

vestguard.co.uk/ballistic-plates/nij-level-iv-4-standalone-hard-armour-plate.htm).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

love this pic

I just had an idea about something like this.
It was a sort of post apoc setting with feudal lords ruling territory and competing for resources.
Militias had singleshot rifles or shotguns.
Footmen had semi auto rifles or shotguns and soft vests.
Knights had automatic rifles plate vests and helmets, they also rode around in cars or used motorcycles for patrols.
Horses are used by men at arms for patrols.
Artillery pieces are used for siege and defense.
Most other military hardware is rare, some naval museums have been commandeered and used as fortresses.

Add motorcycle jousting and I'm sold.

Smells like an Imperial Guard regiment.

Early ww1 was a lot of this, and even mid ww1 once you get into battlefield makeshift gear like trench armor

Sounds wünderbar

But of course.
Why not, I love the more abstract guard regiments.
Thank you, It was just a thought I had once and din't really fleshout, but it was a cool thought at least to me.

Watch out lads, its the Guardian of windows updates

Getting some real bloodbourne vibes out of this. I like it.

Mind the ladder.

>Can I get some images of retrofuturistic knights with guns? I don't know what it'd be called (medievalpunk?) but I love the aesthetic of medieval society and knighthood but with modern guns.

>I just had an idea about something like this.
>It was a sort of post apoc setting with feudal lords ruling territory and competing for resources.
>Militias had singleshot rifles or shotguns.
>Footmen had semi auto rifles or shotguns and soft vests.
>Knights had automatic rifles plate vests and helmets, they also rode around in cars or used motorcycles for patrols.
>Horses are used by men at arms for patrols.
>Artillery pieces are used for siege and defense.
>Most other military hardware is rare, some naval museums have been commandeered and used as fortresses.

Is just me, or sans Knight's armour, doesn't that description fit ISIS-land? Most of the modern Middle East (and Africa) is the closest to a "post apoc" setting today (outside of gilded cities of Dubai et al., which are the closest of "sci fi dytopia" setting today). ISIS has its goal to build a "medieval" society, complete with holy wars and mass slavery. All of its weapons are mostly scavenged from the remnants of more advance civilizations, including their own previous civilization before the "fall".

Sorry for bring reality in this, but when I saw CRUSADER + AK-47, I immediately thought of .

An addendum to this.
Pistols were treated like swords, with officers having revolvers, knights having automatics and nobles having fancy pistols.

The armor is good but the pistol should be more like this.

GG

A lovely idea; but you need a consistant /plausible reason that troops would still be wearing armour.

In our real world they don't because it isn't worth the effort.
So why in this fantasy world would they?
Has a meteoric iron been would, containing "amazium" or something that makes steel really light and/or something?

The earth has been around for a while, so you just need to redirect one of the many meteorites/comets w/e so it hits earth instead of doing a flyby.

But no aliens ! Don't fucking go near that.

>In our real world they don't because it isn't worth the effort.
Are you sure about that?

Yes. Because we're not talking about kevlar/modern body armor, we're talking about medieval armour.
Also the timescale is between medieval and now, and up until now, we haven't had access to armour.

>Do try to keep up, Penfold.

>Because we're not talking about kevlar/modern body armor,
Why not? Kevlar is just a material, it's still armor.
>we haven't had access to armour.
Then what's this?

Medieval plate is effective enough for everything but modern firearms.

Maybe tradition? Maybe your power level is based on how neat your armor is?

That's body armor. I believe his mention of now means the current modern era. kevlar wasn't invented till the late 60's and wasn't truly used en masse till the 70s.

There is a massive period of time before that where little to no armor was used because steel had the best strength to weight ratio and was unrealistic to make thick enough to stop bullets effectively due to how fucking heavy it was at that point.

Now stop being a cunt you know what he meant and I am betting you knew what I just lectured about too.

Fucking forgot to delete name.

I was thinking tradition.

I know conquistador chainmail was enough to protect one Native American chief from 18th century musketballs, but would plate really be effective against more modern firearms?

I'm dubious on that subject because I know even fairly cheap breastplates were more or less entirely phased out by the late 18th century.

ceramic might protect against modern fire arms if it were arrayed in overlapping layers of scales. I mean, nothing major, but buck shot and 9mm might be stopped by it.

If the setting has guns why would people wear plate armor?

Because the protection afforded by armor was directly related to how awesome it was, and plate armor was awesome.

because plate armor stops most bullets, even still today body armor is made of steel or ceramic.

How is guys running around in kevlar bodysuits wielding firearms at all medieval? You're describing the present day or some post-apocalyptic mercenary scenario a-la Fallout.

Maybe, but you're ignoring the fact that heavily armored dudes advancing slowly on a battlefield would be met with light field pieces, which would tear through even 19th century steel plate like butter.

Horses wouldn't improve mobility, because they'd get gunned the fuck down like what happened in WWI. So to improve mobility and boost survivability, you'd need some sort of armored automaton impervious to incoming fire... like a vehicle.

Congrats, you've invented Military Theory. I just don't see how this setting would work; knights with guns would be (and were) rendered obsolete within years. Look what happened to the samurai 20 years after Perry showed them a rifle.

I didn't say anything about a modern force using it on the battlefield, just that it's good against what it's supposed to protect against and maybe people still use it out of tradition.

>some sort of armored automaton impervious to incoming fire

Have them loyal to a liege give it a few design changes and you got some knight looking guys.
It's all in design and context.

Underrated post, good job user.

The time between armor to no armor to back was about 70 years at most: that's hardly even a lifetime; it's more of a historical oddity than anything.

So...the knights are robots?

Or undead. Spoopy isn't it?

cause it's cool, honestly that's the only reason we need, anything else is just people being too worried about realism when this is clearly meant to be a fantasy setting

Guns but rare, hence the feudal nature of it. Why did people wear plate when guns or arrows or swords? the reason is because you can an your Oppenheimer can or can't but it confers a an advantage otherwise not had, your wearing plate.

That and depending how far along the guns are developed the plate can still be effective.

Because magic once existed in the world, and actually still does. The knowledge and means of wielding magic is what was lost, but enchanted items from days gone by remain with their power intact, helms that let one see better at night than any NVGs, breast plates that can stop small arms completely, amulets that make one immune to fire, boots that make the heaviest loads seem light as a feather, and so many other things.

Technology may equal or surpass many of them eventually, but that day has not yet come. Of course, these items aren't so numerous to be in the hands of the rank and file soldiers of any nation either. So you basically have SF running around decked out not like OPERATORS but knights and shit.

>Add motorcycle jousting and I'm sold.

modern ceramic armour is effective up to proper rifle calibres, I wouldn't want to test it but level IV should hold out against anything up to .30-06 (vestguard.co.uk/ballistic-plates/nij-level-iv-4-standalone-hard-armour-plate.htm).
Polyethylene armour is also a technology to watch out for.

Guys

It was called WWI

We don't have to be pedants about this. The idea and the aesthetics are there, we don't have to exactly perfectly copy it 1:1

If the angel is that there is magic, perhaps wealthy mercenaries and nobility can afford to have enchanted armor that can shrug off 7.62 or create the magitech equivalent to the shields in MASS EFFECT.

Perhaps dudes in full get up is reserved for honor guards and ceremonial purposes and not the sort of thing you see brought to bear on the field. It's not like every asshole was fighting in full plate after all.

As far as weight/strenght concerns (which would go back to my second point). Perhaps you have certain types of alloys or ways to refine steel to make it worth churning out breast plates and a few bits of armor for your arms and legs and noggin like Braden and Geisteel

Fuark barbarum.

Reminds me of Afro Samurai.
Nice.

Looks over-designed, do you want to sell it as a collector's item?