Why did Horus turn to chaos?

Why did Horus turn to chaos?

He didn't get a statue.

I don't know, maybe there's a book about it or something.

There is, and it's terrible.

Severe daddy issues.

>terrible
?

It turned the grand character of Horus from the first book into an easily deceived child who was turned to Chaos by a plot that a drooling mental invalid could see through. Not only was Erebus impersonating a dead legionaire that he loved dearly, which he should have seen straight through as manipulation, but the one thing that set Horus off was literally lacking a statue in the vision of the future Erebus showed him.

And power hit right over his head, look at that joke go.....AND IT'S GONE! GRAND SLAM!

It's a classic tragedy a characters flaw slowly brings him to ruin. For horus his distrust of his father slowly spiraled into open rebellion.

Free iPod

That's the thing, it didn't spiral. According to GW Horus was the Emperor's golden boy until suddenly "Gee that strange vision with Erebus lying to me sure was trustworthy, I'm now going to go back on every oath I made to my father and my people, and turn against everything I believed in and fought for and turn into a worse monster than the xenos I killed!"

I did like the very first book of Horus Heresy "Horus rising". Horus was actually a charismatic and strong character, everyone had motivation, that bit when Horus was trying to prevent war with Interex by risking his own life was simply amazing. I was looking forward to reading following books.

Everything quickly went downhill. Tranformation of noble and ambitious warmaster into heretic is very junky and does not come natural. The exposition was set perfectly, but transformation was done way too quickly. The part where he murders Terra literator who took interview she should have never taken felt forced.

Since we seem to be touching discussing HH books subject, what books should I check out if I want to learn more about Magnus/Thousands sons? Are they worth reading? Fulgrim was a giant dissapointment, distasteful writing coupled with retarded characters.
>Fulgrim, this sword is evil and keeps telling you to assrape everything in the galaxy
>Y-yes-s-s-s, buttrape them all Full~!
>Nonsense, this is a completely normal sword. Now, does this spiky armor that I suddenly had an idea of putting on makes me look fat?

He was stabbed by a Chaos artfifact that may change a few things in him. Also the fact that he was the center of a Chaos ritual.

Daily reminder that Fulgrim was always evil. He was just roleplaying the whole time. The only thing he regreted even after turning into a daemon prince was killing his brother Ferrus.

Also, as Abaddon said, Horus was a fool and he was weak.

Horus turning to chaos was executed shttier than anakin turning to dark side in SW prequels. How can anyone enjoy Horus Heresy and 30k extended lore is beyond me, it worked only as a minimal backstory for SM and imperium.

Not really.

Look I am grab you and stab you with a blade drenched with potent Hallucinogens and mind altering drugs.

As you lay on the ground suffering through the fits, I will keep pumping you with drugs as well as brainwashing at the same time.

Will you be the same person before the stabbing? Heck no.

MacGuffin's don't excuse dogshit writing. It just means they tried to excuse dogshit writing.

God I wish I could take an M2 to the HH series.

So you are agreeing to having a drug testing session with me?

Woops, I quoted the wrong post.

Yeah it still hurts, going full nuthin personal lady.

He was shown the result of his rebellion and he decided to prevent that future from happening by rebelling

I feel the same way. At best it's only being used to raise up questions on if the Emperor is really a good guy...and when Chaos is definitely the bad guy, not in a just 'they exist' sense but 'they want to destroy everything in the galaxy for the sake of it' sense, that just feels like a disappointing plotline to follow.

But overall, I agree with this sense of suddenness other anons are expressing. The Luna Wolves suddenly go from a proud and honorable Legion to a bunch of fanatical traitors. And while this is somewhat explained by love of Horus, Abaddon going from loving his daddy to beating in a clone of his father with a mace screaming of his hatred does not feel like it's explained well. The authors clearly had a good sense of the before and after, but were not prepared for the how.

Turns out on the other side of the galaxy some humans stayed advanced
They fought chaos for life
Had 'anathema' weapons which are programmed to kill a certain creature but very hard to find out
Erebus steals one of these
Erebus makes a cult on davin rise to power and gives their leader the anethma
Erebus makes sure Horus goes back to quell this rebellion
The leader stabs Horus with the anethma bringing him close to death
Erebus convinces abbadon that unless they get to those healing lodges which the cult wasn't previously in, that Horus would die
So they take Horus there
Erebus using warp fuckery breaks into Horus' consciousness
Impersonates hastor Sejanus, Horus' secret boyfriend
Erebus shows Horus the future where the emperor is worshipped as a God and how the emperor didn't stop the pods escaping
Horus' rejection of the emperor allows the chaos gods to slip into him and slowly possess him

And boom you have a corrupted fuck

I don't know bro, you should Horus Heresy series to find out. Should be out by 2030 the way things are shaping up.

>what books should I read if I want to know more about the thousand sons
How about the book called a thousands sons and prospero burns, and betrayer

Alright, thanks for the book names. I assume you've read them, are they worth reading?

Betrayer actually tells you more about Magnus than prospero burns does ironically
But totally reccomened a thousand sons

Who will join me on my quest to burn the Black Library

It also show a future that Horus was not part of.

Look in the RT era there was a short story in one of the rule books hinting that Horus had to destroy one of missing legions on the Emperors orders. In the HH novel series Sanguinius lives in fear of the Emperor killing off his legion due to a gene flaw and Horus knows this. Also the Emperor killed off most of the thunder warriors because they were no longer needed. Also the Emperor wrote out or greatly down played the work his allies did in setting up a new order on earth. Lastly even with Horus having sent the most time with the Emperor ( he was found as a kid and raised at his side) Horus does not feel the Emperor trusts him the most out of the family, does not tell him what he will be up on earth.

Chaos shows a future were he is not around and the Emperor is doing better then ever. The Emperor has turned on his allies before, Horus likely did some of the killing that was part of that. How hard would it be to believe that the Emperor would turn on Horus some day?

Horus was the Emperor's favorite son above all, he would have never turned against him. Likewise whatever the unknown Primarchs did, it was so terrible that it warranted total extermination. Hell it was so bad the Primarchs refused to speak of it.

Whatever they did, they deserved.

>Horus was the Emperor's favorite son above all, he would have never turned against him.

Then why didn't he trust him with knowledge of the secret project? The fact the Emperor was hiding things from him tore at Horus. If you read Horus Rising you would have known this.

Two worst shown transformations
>Good Horus to bad Horus
> Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader

Because he was a warrior and commander with zero ties to the civilian world he was supposedly trying to protect. His job was to kill everyone who resisted, then move on. That was his life. He was good at it, too. He didn't know anything about chaos either, because Emps didn't tell him. He was a career killer who got fed some not too far-fetched lies and turned his power against something other than what he usually did.

Because Rick Priestly wrote the Horus Heresy as a parody of Paradise Lost.

/thread