How do you go about wiping all sentient life?

How do you go about wiping all sentient life?
Any setting, including ours

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vAQjP2ql1Vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does non-sentient life have to remain? Because really, wiping all life is not that big of a problem when you have enough neclear devices.

Now keeping trees and birds and all this - that's the real challenge. Biological weapon should do the trick, better hope it doesn't mutate into killing the rest as well.

Damp cloth.

One village at a time of course.

Create a worldwide functioning illusion spell that traps every sentinent life in an imaginary world in which they are as happy as they could be, while their bodies decays and they finally die.

That's fucking terrifying, user. What if I'm in one right now?

Wiping all life is actually pretty hard with what we have

Are you truly happy? If not, you are safe.

If yes, then why should you care?

If this is as happy as I can be, I think the spell failed.

Nuke EVERYTHING.
MAD, man.

Develop a bomb that turns everyone into r9k posters

> Birds not sentient

Nigger, you're thinking of sapience.

We make some kind of super disease that has all the deadliest attributes of AIDS, the Spanish Flu, the Bubonic Plague, the Common Cold and so forth and so forth
*SNIFFFF*

Actually, life's pretty hardy, I remember reading even if we were to set of every nuke in humanities nuclear arsenal earth would probably be repopulated with new life in a couple million of years.

The issue is we don't have enough nukes to scour the entire mantle which houses pockets of water fused with the rock and bacteria therein. It's why even if we get hit by gamma ray bursts life would still live on but not on the surface.

Exactly, I think one of the only surefire ways to get rid of all life at the minute is to find a way to crash the earth into the sun

Invent the holodeck.

Would best to develop that in space then. Viruses and bacteria go all kinds of crazy outside of gravity. Make a strain that's super potent so that it would be able to survive the reintroduction to Earth's norm. and still be lethal.

Introduce pokemon go, instagram, beer, Veeky Forums
voila, all life is safe, but no longer sentient

You forgot waifus and VR.

Nah. We could focus our nukes in a jackhammer fashion on a single spot to theoretically crack earth into pieces. Obviously this will never happen as it would require all countries with nukes agreeing to this and cooperating but the resulting explosions from collisions of debris and lack of geothermal energy would sterilize the rocks more or less.

Ours, best bet would be gene drives. It's not gonna wipe out ALL life because those organisms which reproduce by asexual means would survive, but it's gonna take care of all others at an incredibly fast rate.

This is why unity is non optional.
We either all love each other, or retards during the space faring age hurl rocks at earth with tractor beams.

>The Horror

Reapers, I guess.

I would shoot a laser at a really big deposit of tiberium, and then wait for the aliens to arrive.

There's always the Halo array

Well if you've got the time, just wait till heat death.

Brahmashirsha Astra.

>Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-bitch machine or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it!

I wait for entropy.

I would aggressively promote a postmodern hedonistic culture to drive birthrates down below sustainability, and then wait.

SOMEONE'S pissed about not getting laid

Confirmed Jew

You're implying that people in third world countries aren't sentient?

Von Neumann machines!

>before FTL travel has been invented
Gamma Ray Burst
>after FTL travel has been invented
lots of Gamma Ray Bursts

Convince every sentient being that, in order to achieve an end to suffering, they need to kill themselves. If all sentient life kills itself, then there will be no more sentient life.

Most of them can't even recognize themselves in a mirror.

Self reproducing nanomachined with out and off button.

Strangelets

A disease that prevents reproduction like the Genophage is probably the defacto best method. The best/worst aspect of this method is that the infected will keep on living, so they can keep spreading it, but can also work on curing it. Not suitable if science and medicine are highly advanced or the target race lives longer than you.

likely impossible without collapsing all of existence because there is likely sentient life littered throughout the universe. you could never reach all of it.
no to mention alternate realities.
so impossible in our IRL setting. other settings it depends but likely impossible.

Easy, kill c'iel OR imperium.
See how duk'zarist and gaira buttfuck everyone until they eat themselves out.

Most resource-efficient way would probably be broadcasting some kind of ultra-high frequency sound to trigger unreasoning rage and watch as they tear each other apart?

>our setting
Probably the most effective way would be to create some sort of self-improving paper clipping AI and then unbox it so that it can start eating the universe.

Over years of cultivation, force a fungus with a high infestation and spreading rate to develop a symbiotic relationship with a new strain of Ebola. It will now be found in the spores that spread throughout its life, and upon its death.

Do you have any references to back up that claim? I am genuinely curious, not just being skeptical to be a dick.

kill gm and rest of the players, burn his notes

A blend of sarin and muscarine pumped into the atmosphere.
I don't think there have been any (official) tests for this, but I assume anyone dosed with those two would have a bad time. Do it quick enough for no one to have a chance to find an antidote, and you've achieved your goal. Then create some minor scale, more precise disaster for anyone who might have had a gas mask handy at the time.

>botulinum toxin

>not even a lot of botulinum toxin

Start quantum phase shift. A bubble of space with lower void energy growing at the speed of light, destroying in its wake the universe as we know, replacing it with something strange.

That's... Damn dude... I mean good job you just ended all life in a universe but damn... That's... Not even the memory of the universe.
You would also need to kill yourself to make this thorough.

I just got the mental image of a group of adventurers teleporting via epic level spell into the room where everyone was playing a game and burning the house down in true murderhobo fasion.

Promote anime. Entire race extinguished within a generation.

Send signals insulting the aliens.

I wait.

Heat death comes whether I want it or not.

Get out of here Obito

with pure ideology
sniff

One man, a knife, and lots of time.

Legendary story:

A friend of mine was playing in a Hero System superhero game, and he was frustrated that the GM did not recognize just how overpowered all the PCs (including him) had gotten.

His character -- "Biodragon" -- was being plagued by a villain who could teleport hundreds of miles at will. Every time Biodragon would try to blast him, the baddie would bamf to Boston or Mexico City or wherever.

Determined to prove his point about the campaign's over-powered-ness, he quickly statted out a Multipower attack -- something like 20D6 with an area of effect of 30,000 miles or so. Basically, this was an attack that would utterly raze the entire surface of the whole Earth.

"Let's see him teleport away from THAT!" said Biodragon's player. It led to a huge argument but eventually everyone realized that, yeah, all the PCs were ridiculously powerful.

With the greatest super weapon to have ever existed! The History Eraser Button!
youtube.com/watch?v=vAQjP2ql1Vg

>Villain teleports to secret hideout in deepsea trench
>the battle continues

g-23 paxilon hydrochlorate

A parrelel universe got bored into by Troll Wizards trying to gain limitless power, accidentally plowed into a universe where everything that was created causes the single intelligent being there to grow larger, causing it pain. Said single intelligence attempts to pull itself out of the borehole, so it can negate all of reality and finally die, ending its torment.

Inform the Third Highest that sentient life does, in fact, still exist.

Ignite the atmosphere of planets very simple

Build a self-replicating machine and place it in one of the empty cities in China.

By the time anyone realizes what's happening, there will be too many of it to be stopped.

Okay, here's what you do. First, you get a Gehrshalt Engine. Now you tune that baby along the 9th Harmonic of the Schwartzfeld medium and use it to transmit a self-propagating perception wave to all Class-N entities across a radius of approximately 1500 AU. This will in turn tune those affected consciousnesses into further Gehrshalt transmitters which will then begin transmitting further self-propagating perception waves on a scale exponentially greater than the initial wave due to the proximity of so many other transmission vectors. This will convert further Class-N entities into transmitters which will convert further Class-N entities, etc. Eventually you hit the Rosch limit and perceivable reality implodes.

Bada-bing bada-boom, no more sentient life.

Goddamnit, I laughed.

You mean all life, right OP?

All living things are 'sapient' and 'self aware' in some way. To argue otherwise is special pleading.

WORDS THAT KILL

Simple, make a wish.

That was one of my bbegs plan. Finish a wish spell with a god willing to do it.

Unleash ICP clones to rap everyone to death and thrown Faygo bottles.

Make everyone realize they're figments of the godheads dream at the same time via magic-induced dreams

By placing a dildo inside a fleshlight and calling it a night.

Promote banal, materialistic pop-culture. This will erode people's self-awareness to the point they no longer qualify as sentient.

Convert to solipsism and then kill yourself.

Let the universe do it for me, because eventually everything will die and not matter.

>implying amoeba is more self aware than your computer

Free the mitochondria from the programming that demands it submit to the rest of the body, using microelectronic signals distributed via radio waves across all media. The body falls apart into the millions of microorganisms it is composed of, End of Evangelion style.

>Free the mitochondria from the programming that demands it submit to the rest of the body
Fuck, I wish square would finally come out with Parasite Eve 3

Meteor is a classic I'm very fond of. I've been wanting to use a d20 supplement 'When the Sky Falls' in a game for some time, it's got a lot of suggestions about the impact site, what the meteor is, contains or can do to the environment..

If we were to argue this thing out using simple logic, and a bit of dialectics, we would quickly end up with a reductio ad absurdum for 'sentience' and prove it to be nothing but a human construct, much like colors, or flavors.

Make all apartments really expensive. If sentient life has to live with its parents it will eventually stop reproducing.

This. If I recall, the entire surface of the earth is known to have liquefied during the existence of life on the planet, and it survived even that. Or literally just started up all over again.

the perfect kind of blunt comedic foreshadowing

Fuck off skullface, your plan is fucking retarded.
>what are dictionaries?
>what is esperanto?
At least you can sell shitty decorational nukes on ebay for a while before people understand your 99% negative comments

By activating the BBEGs Ark of Souls.

>Designed to rip life from every living and unloving being.
>Absorbs all the mana in the world.
>Stores this energy in a gigantic crystal that fell from space Eons ago.

Basically the BBEG lich has had enough with life, he wants to end the world, and watch it begin again. But for that he needs a limitless source of energy so that he can create a new world. Starting from scratch.

>Plot twist: the BBEG is trying to save all life from extinction because if he doesn't store all life. It would die. A gigantic asteroid is about to impact the planet, the only safe area is the Ark of Souls which is protected by the world's mana.

>After the asteroid hits the lich will spend millions of years cultivating the planet. Creating life, then slowly bringing the souls back into the planet.

>Knowledge preserved within the souls will create pass down magic knowledge, and allow the new humans to create their own spells depending on what knowledge was passed down.

>I have setup the next campaign setting I will use.
>I just need my current party to join the lich, or refuse and die.
>If they kill the lich I will never get to reveal the true campaign.

Pardon my mistakes, my phones keyboard/autocorrect sucks

to have a selective method we would need an exclusive quality recognizable on a physical level.

otherwise, sexbots.