Why do you let autists play in your group?

Why do you let autists play in your group?

Why don't you just refuse them?

I felt kinda bad leaving you out.

If you don't want to participate just say so. You can go play your DS in the other room or something.

Store owner's 4-year old daughter has an autism disorder, and it's NOT a high-functioning one. They've been told not expect her to be able to get past 4th grade education in her lifetime, and it's a real sore spot for him.

Suffice to say, if he hears someone got bounced from a group for autism that GM is not only getting banned for life, but he's getting banned from every other shop in the 275.

Because you deserve a chance to play too, OP

>my daughter has a disease, therefore all of you have to put up with spergs in your groups

store owner sounds like a cunt desu fampai

YO

Because if I refused all autists, I would never be a player or a GM.

Because barely anyone plays traditional games as it is, and about 10% of the fanbase are probably high functioning autists.
Now the thing is, high functioning autists look the same as you or me, and apart from the social awkwardness (which a lot of others in the hobby have), they act the same. Well mostly anyway.
No-one wants to play with an autist, but most people don't realise they are until the autist gets triggered. So either prepare for autism, or stop playing with anyone you don't already know.

>ban everyone who refuses to allow people with mental incapacitation at their imaginative social storytelling game

here is hoping your store goes bankrupt shitty store-owner desu

I don't refuse autists, I refuse shit players.

You have to give them the chance to play. If they can't follow the rules of basic human decency then that's something else. But if you go "I think you're a sperg so I'm not even let you come close to my safe space game" expect to never set foot in a LGS south of Dayton.

You do know that there are non-disruptive forms of autism, right? Rainman and /r9k/ are not the only forms of autism.

And my indicator for this is what? I'm not going to invite folks with histrionic personality disorder or who are bipolar either. There are people who are mostly okay who suffer from both of these, as well, but that hasn't changed my mind. What are you gonna do, ban me from all the LFGS in the metroplex because your sister is either of these?

When Veeky Forums steps in to defend autism, you know you've gone too far.
I'm not sure why you felt a need to create this thread. You're probably autistic yourself, but I don't care. The fact is that no-one wants to play with assholes. Some autists are assholes, but refusing an autist who isn't an asshole makes you the asshole. Veeky Forums is full of assholes and you should never take any advice it gives you to do with other people seriously, or you will become an asshole.
>tl;dr autist =/= asshole, everyone hates assholes

>hehehehe go back to your insular hugbox neckbeard you're such a thin-skinned faggot who can't handle anything

>but you better stop having a problem with people whose mental disorder is characterized by getting triggered and having shitfits for indiscernible and unpredictable reasons

Guess I'm buying from drivethrurpg.

lol who cares

I've had a player with aspergers before. After two games of sort of acclimating him he turned out to be a really good player, kept his sheet in order, handled loot and money for the party, had some awesome roleplay moments.

And when you give them a chance but after a number of sessions in it becomes clear they are unsuited for the group and the game then what?

>Hurr gotta make everyone put up with them or banned

Veeky Forums's "autism" isn't actual autism, it's just a generic insult.

No. I can't do anything to you. I suggest, however, that you get your mental health checked. It would be inconvenient if you discovered you have to ban yourself from your own games.

If they don't fit the group, let them go for that reason. Helping them find a group they do fit in is optional.

Cute, but you're still not getting invited. I run a fun and friendly game, not a fucking institution for you people.

No, he's trying to protect his kid. It's what most parents do, and most of them go a little overboard. Anyway, considering how much money autists spend on this hobby, FLGS owners are going to want to let them play, even if a couple of others get banned along the way.
Over 1 in a hundred people is diagnosed with autism and many more are undiagnosed. An even higher proportion is present in tabletop gaming, so it's probably easier just to deal with it on a case by case basis.

I wasn't asking for an invitation. I'm just warning you against hypocrisy.

still banned from store for kicking an autist

That isn't autism. That's just being aggressive, a personality trait you are currently displaying.

Yeah, I can smell the friendliness. It smells like that time me and my dad went camping with the Klan.

Kicking a disruptive player is not the same thing as kicking an autist. The store owner would know the difference, assuming they aren't clouded by rage.

Thanks for the unnecessary and trite warning, mate. Really enlightening.

>no u

The quality of your post opened my eyes to the merits of giving the mentally diseased a proper chance to fuck shit up at my table. And the sanity of banning paying customers for bogus vendettas against rational game recruiting.

Mong.

It seems that way, but many people on this thread think that's how autism actually works. Really, most of the low-functioning ones wouldn't be able to play anyway, so I'm not sure where this all came from.

Aspies are high functioning though. They're weird, but everyone in this hobby is. They don't stand out, and some of them probably get away with it.