Shareholder suicide

Plastic, in the UK, costs £40 a ton. With GW willingly ignoring shareholder input and voting themselves pay rises for consultancy and constantly snubbing customers, what methods can they expect to save them from bankruptcy in the next 5 years?

>Bankruptcy
user, GW's never been in debt, iirc. I doubt they'll be bankrupt any time soon.

Its almost like products cost more than the raw material cost

>GW Succeeds at selling very expensive plastic toys to an audience that willingly buys them by the ton
>GW is obviously going Bankrupt
>This boring meme again

A thread died for this...

They sure do, but prices have risen yearly for over a decade. Plastic has gotten cheaper, resin has gotten cheaper, the wages of noone but execs have risen, and the playerbase shrinks every year. While their giggling contempt for their customers and shareholders obvious, they won't have a target audience willing to endure them for much longer.

More could die with every bump

The cost of the plastic isn't what drives the cost of models the most.

I agree, it's the ever shrinking playerbase. They need to make up the losses to keep their investors happy and the company stable.

>the playerbase shrinks every year

How do we know this?

Based on my area Games Workshop just keeps growing and growing... Is there an actual source behind this?

The cost of the plastics was never the biggest cost to making the models

Mate this thread is designed to create a 300+ post thread of the same shit we have already said.

sage it then

AoS finally got rules and fantastic box sets with steep discounts are all over the place.

This criticism made more sense last year.

I look forward to reading the same thread in another 5 years time.

I know the "current year" meme is dumb, but to say gw is snubbing its customers in the current year is also dumb.

No one plays 40k or Fantasy at my lcs, or any of the other shops I've been to in the area. Just magic and yugioh.

Who the fuck cares about AoS?

and your local cuckshop is representative of all the local gaming stores worldwide?
Go easy on the proof there kiddo

Twelve-year-olds, of which there are a lot. Don't underestimate their ability to keep GW afloat, at least for now.

Funny, I didnt know 12 year olds could not only post on Veeky Forums, but could also have a general that keeps up with games like Infinity and Warmachine.

Even their sales go bad, they can simple offer licences to video game company to earn from royality.

Keeps up? More like surpasses. Besides, I have yet to meet an AoS player below the age of at least 17. Most AoS players I know migrated from 40k. There is something to be said that i have met very few aos players that came from whfb. But the aos fans Facebook group is chock full of them

>More could die with every bump

lol no.

I don't mind AoS per se. The game mechanics and even the army building are fine, in fact even the balance is fine without points.

What bothers me is that they destroyed the warhammer world making a whole lot of models completely obsolete.

That is probably the true problem most players have with AoS; they essentially murdered a setting that was 20+ years old. Thats like killing off MiddleEarth, so that you could make HighEarth series of books. But, than again, this did open up the setting so that factions like Treemen, Ogres, Ghouls and Savage Orcs, who never truly got their time in the spotlight, could have more developement put into them. Infact, I'm almost willing to bet that aside from Araellie, the Slyvaneth were planned to be included in WHFB, considering the names and style. Not only were the Treelords released, but Drycha is still about, and so is Kurnoth and Durthu apperantly

I like the new sylvaneth models, but fuck it annoys me that they dropped all the "wood elves"

Except they didn't. The only factions that have been dropped are bretonians and tomb kings. The story will get to the elf factions, but right now most of their range is still supported and even have a place in the fluff. In the grand alliance order book they are refugess in azyr.

>Its almost like products cost more than the raw material cost

There was a pretty funny thread on /toy/ a few months ago asking why the price of action figures hadn't dropped since the price of oil was cheaper than it had been a year before.

>Plastic, in the UK, costs £40 a ton

What a retarded statement.

Please don't insult retards.

I'm sorry but I dont like the micromanagement of battles. And I wouldn't like the new lore, even if it was just an addition to the Olde Worlde.