Civ Thread

Saw a Yeti Civ thread and got me interested in trying my first time DMing one, although I am only really interested in doing a select few races... so first to 3 votes?
>Orc
>Undead
>Yeti (sorry to steal the idea)
>Lizardmen
>Insect

Undead.

Going to the bone zone!

HARD MODE:DIPLOMATIC VICTORY ONLY

Thinking outside the box... I like it, makes a change from all the "murder everything" players

Some silly skeletal shenanigans shall be had!

Insect, of course.

We don't have enough of those in anything, so the more, the merrier.

I'm on board this one

>2 Undead
>1 Insect

My personal favourites as well.. good job TG

cannot say no to undead.

Why not both

No. There will only be dooting diplomats from the spookiest skellingtons. Such power may not be abused willy-nilly like that, user!

I hope we can play some spoopy pranks on mortals

Aw yeh!

You are (name this guy) a man from a northern town who was recently exiled and chased out of your town after people began to look into rumours about what you had been getting up too, grave robbing, dark magics, conversing with the devil and such. You were then forced to leave your home after a mob burned it down. Fleeing into a nearby forest with nothing but your books and some basic supplies you are alone and cold. Are you a dark man searching simply for more power? A sympathetic man simply looking for a way to bring back loved ones? A megalomaniac who believes he can rule this world with more structure than the current royalty? Or simply a curious man?
At current you are a relatively weak sorcerer, struggling with more basic magic, as you trudge wearily deeper into the woods you find a body laid against a tree, 2 arrows pierced into chest, seizing the opportunity after making sure no one else is around you attempt to put life back into the corpse, reciting incantation and with concentration the corpse twitches and convulses before gasping a rattling breath and clumsily shambling to an upright position, its dead eyes stare at you awaiting an order.

Army - 1 zombie

>Order zombie
>Explore North (the direction of your small village)
>Explore East
>Explore South
>Explore West
>Other

Explore west, we need to try and find shelter for the night

Let's head south, getting away from the village might be a good idea.

>other
Realize that in fact, we are not human, but a skeleton. Out zombie minion has no flesh amd is in fact, a skeleton. In fact, we have no flesh and are a skeleton as well. Somehow this is not surprising.

Now
>Explore South
And get away from our old village! Time to strike it rich by ourselves! We'll make a new village! A skeleton village. A Skelevillage, if you will. One might even call it a Skellage. Though that might not catch on.

I think we gonna call our settlement the BoneZone. that or Tootsville.

You and your minion head south in an attempt to put some more distance between yourself and the village of narrow minded people, your zombie shambles a few steps behind you with no real iniative of his own. After an hour you come to a cliff side within the forest, not huge but as tall as a house stretching in either direction for a few hundred metres, a large crack covered by moss can be seen to the left and carrying on the wind is the faint sound of running water, your zombie tilts it head staring at you.

>Investigate crack
>Continue south towards water
>Change direction
>Other

Also when a suitable shelter is found feel free to spend turns researching or raising dead, or ordering your minions etc.. RollD100 for successfulness in these endeavours

>Investigate crack
See if we can snort it!

Spoiler'd for bad jokes.

>search the crack
suitable shelter should be the priority.

>>Investigate crack

You order your zombie to pull the moss out of the way, he stumbles over exhaling slightly with each step and paws at the moss pulling it aside, inside is a small "cave", if it can be called that, it is several feet deep and only a few feet high and entirely stone, although it is dry. You climb inside for shelter and collapse on the floor happy to rest your legs temporarily. Outside the sky begins to turn orange as the sun makes its descent to the horizon behind the trees.

>Stay the night (If staying you may rollD100 for research tonight)
>Leave and head in another direction

>Order zombie

>Stay the night
>Order zombie to reveal it's more powerful true form as that of a skeleton!
>Order Zombie to guard you whilst you sleep.

Your current necromancy attempts are a 50+ for successful resurrection, every point above 50 will improve the state of your undead, new undead and techniques can be learned through research or simply improving your chance of ressing

order the zombie to try and find a source of food and then research

Rolled 49 (1d100)

Forgot to roll.

Are we doing best out of three or seomthing?

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Rollin

You pull out a tome and peel back its aged and crisped pages and begin pouring over research, your zombie simply stands in the doorway staring at you. You look up and order him to find some food then return, after an hour of reading you feel more attuned in necromantic ways believing you will be more able to control the resurrection of corpses, your minion shambles back through the moss curtain and drops a handful of blackberries and mushrooms at your feet, certainty not the feast you deserve but it will suffice. You roll over for the night and order the zombie to stand guard, it turns around pulling the moss curtain back down over the crack and facing outwards behind it.
You are awoken at some ungodly hour in the cold night air by the sound of 2 mens voices very close, they are loud and boorish, slurring their words although you and your entourage and hidden for now you can almost head their footsteps

>Attempt to communicate
>Attack
>Lure them to cave
>Stay hidden
>Other

Roll a D100 for any attack or communication or lure

>Stay hidden
These are obviously the guys who bullied you when you were a small pathetic human-child. We must wait until our bone powers grow before attempting to gain retribution upon them.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

communicate, need to start our diplomatic plans

Will wait and see if I can get someone to tie break this

Rolled 30 (1d100)

>Attempt to communicate

maybe hiding the zombie would be a good idea as well

Rolled 84 (1d100)

>Attempt to communicate
"Greetings fellow travellers!"

You quietly push your way past your minion and out of the moss, a dozen feet in front of you carrying a torch are 2 men, wearing dirty ragtag clothes and carrying weapons, they stumble laughing to themselves and taking swigs from their hip flasks.
“Excuse me” you mutter just loud enough for them to hear, they both spin around in surpise and one draws a dagger
“I am just a traveller, i’m not looking for any trouble, i was wondering if perhaps you could help me?”
He lowers the dagger slightly and they both look at eachother and laugh to themselves.
“Where ya from? Selling anything?” one slurs at you.
“I have no wares” you say avoiding the other question.
“Think the boss might have some use for you” the other pulls a knife and they advance towards you.

>Run D100
>Attempt to dissipate the situation (what would you say?) D100
>Jump back into the cave
>Attack with zombie D100
>Other

Why would we do that? I don't understand.

Rolled 74 (1d100)

>Attack with zombie

Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>Attempt to dissipate the situation

Just to be clear, I am expected to meet a few acquaintances in a day or two, and if I don't show up then they will be looking, and you do not want to make be cross with them

Another tie break needed

sounds like a good line to take

You back up against the cliffside raising your hands
“Listen i am meeting some rahter important people within a couple of days, if i dont show they will come looking”
The men stop briefly and stare at you “Is that so?” one of them says half smiling scratching his stubbled chin.
“Well then i guess we better not kill you right?” the other chuckles “Perhaps we will just take you to the boss.. let him decide”
“Look at him” the other says “Hes a total hermit, he aint got nothing, lets head back to camp”
The speaker turns around sheathing his dagger.
“If we werent in a such a generous mood this could have been a bad night for you lad” the remaining man says “Luckily my associate isnt into prissy girly boys” he laughs and turns around walking off with his friend heading west through the woods

>Follow them
>Head back into cave
>Leave
>Attack D100

head back into the cave.They might come back but we need somewhere to stay fro the night. In the morning we can find somewhere new

You slip back into the cave for a rather alert nights sleep, you awake to the sound of birds and thin rays of light penetrating the moss and creeping past your stationary guard. You gather up your books and what few supplies you have before very cautiously checking the cave entrance to make sure the raiders havent returned. Once you are sure the coast is clear you and your undead minion leave the cave. He groans and shambles up behind you

>Head north towards village
>Head West where the bandits went
>Head south to the sound of water
>Head East
>Other

Head south to the water, maybe try and find some nicely rotted corpses (ones that have unlocked their true skeletal potential)

this!

You and your summon head south, following the sound of the water, if you hadn’t had such a poor nights sleep you might genuinely enjoy the rays of sunlight dancing through the trees and the birdsong on the crisp cool air, after several minutes you reach a large rocky stream with water splashing down it. You kneel by it and take large gulps of water spalshing it on your face, noticing that a little up stream is a log cabin. You carefully approach and find the door is intanct but the handle has been splintered off and smashed, you slowly push the door ajar and inside is a mess. There are tables and plates splintered and smashed and strewn across the floor, a young mans body lays in a pool of blood next to what you assume is his father with muliple stab wounds to his chest and hanging from the rafters is a naked womans corpse. The smell isnt too extreme leading you to believe they have only been dead a day or two. The cabin itself is relatively spacious, a large front room with 4 bedrooms.

>D100 to raise them
>Head in another direction
>Order zombie

Rolled 71 (1d100)

lets get more friends!

(Also my options are mere suggestions you are more than welcome to express something else if you wanna try it)

Rolled 15 (1d100)

Raise them!

You step into the room and close your eyes, feeling the vacany of life in the husks laying around the floor. You begin to channel the necromantic energies through you and attempt to push those energies into the empty shells. Muttering words and concentrating you can feel them filling with undeath. The bodies convulse and raise much easier than last time, the naked female swings slightly from the rafters her neck still tensed around the rope she swivels her head slightly to look around, you grab an axe the father had and hack at the knot tying her to ceiling, she drops to the floor with a thud, standing up among her bloodied family. The original zombie steps clumsily into the room with you. Looking around the room there is an axe and 2 large knives, some loaf of dried tough bread and dried fruits.

>Stay her for now (if staying you may research and order zombies or search the house and order zombies)
>Leave in another direction (If leaving pick a direction and order zombies)

Feel free to distribute the axe and 2 knives among yourself and your 4 zombies

order the new zombies to search the east and south for signs of people, but stay hidden, and come back if they find anything. give the knives to the mother and father.

mean while we should search the cabin. make sure we know what we have before settling in.

we should carry the axe.

You give a knife to 2 of your zombies and send them in 2 groups of 2 zombies south and east, they hold the weapons with little skill and turn around leaving the house and shamble off into the thick brush of the forest, 2 splash lazily across the stream before reaching the other bank and disappearing behind the trees. You take a mouthful of stale bread chewing it looking around the room, above is a balcony looking over the main room with a couple of rooms, for now you walk under the balcony and open the back door showing a small clearing with a pile of firewood and thick branches. Heading back in you search the 2 backrooms finding cooking equipment and nothing of real use. Upstairs you find a few loose coins scattered around the floor and a couple of beds, in the absence of the zombies you decide to clear up the area a little and make it look more presentable, after a couple of hours you hear a horse braying and its hooves coming closer to the house accompanied by a whistling tune.

>Hide D100
>Attempt to communicate honestly
>Lie to the traveller (say what you want)
>Run
>Attack D100
>Other

Rolled 31 (1d100)

hide

You dive into the downstairs pantry and close the door, hiding behind a shelf, you can hear the horse pull to a stop and the cheerful whistle dies. You hear some heavy boots drop to the floor and carefully open the door
“Hello?” a deep voice asks carefully
You stay silent and hear the man slowly moving through the house, he shouts out again looking for any inhabitants. The door to the pantry pushes open illuminating the room and a small stout bearded dwarf walks in wielding a pistol and one handed axe, he stops spotting you in the corner
“What have you done lad” he says accusingly pointing the pistol at you

>Attack D100
>Lie D100
>Honest D100
>Other

Rolled 9 (1d100)

say that he's a traveller and he just found the house. say the people are buried deep in the forest.

Rolled 77 (1d100)

>Lie D100
Tell him that we found the family dead, and by the looks of it they had been for days. But we buried them in the woods

“I just arrived here a few hours earlier, the house had been raided, the family were dead, im just passing through” you say earnestly
The dwarf squints his eyes and holds the pistol on you “Where are they?” he asks
“I buried them, i mean no harm” you lower the axe and put it on the floor in front of him
“Theres been rumours of bandits and reavers in the woods... you one of them?” he gruffly asks
“If i was stealing i would be better dressed” you half smile
The dwarf shakes his head “aye you dont have anything on you” but i knew this family, delivered to them for years, he lowers the pistol slightly
He beckons for you to follow him outside but keeps the pistol traced on you, you walk tentatively outside to his horse drawn cart, carrying many goods.
“You look hungry boy” he says throwing you some salted beef “consider it a freebie for your service”
He slumps against his cart mournfully “Did you see what happened?”
You both talk for an hour or so eating and discussing things, after a while he buys your story and puts his gun away., saying he has to head back south to his peoples mountain hold but he wishes you luck. As he starts pulling away he tosses you a coin with a dwarf head on it, no sooner than he has left your sight into the trees your zombies return, they poorly communicate there is “stone house” to the east and “town” to the south.

>Spend the night here (if so research D100)
>Travel in any direction
>Follow the dwarf
>Attack Dwarf D100

Rolled 75 (1d100)

>Spend the night here

You order the zombies to stand guard, 2 at the front and 2 at the back door, they stand motionless by the doors waiting. You carry your supplies upstairs and spend the night reading through your tomes and practicing necromancy. You practice long into the night before falling asleep surrounded by books. You awake happy having had a good nights sleep again, you eat what remains of the bread in the household before stumbling down to the stream and cupping your hands full of water taking long drawn out gulps. You stand up feeling the cool air gently lapping at your body.

You have no learned how to reanimate small animals

>Order zombies
>Fortify house
>Head south to “town”
>Head East to “stone house”
>Head west where bandits went
>Head north to home town
>Other

go to the stone house. order a zombie to stay behind and try and find some food and dead animals

You gather up your books and food and weapons from the house, holding onto the dwarven coin you order your original zombie to hunt around the general area for food or corpses and then follow in tow, the others sluggishly follow behind you as you begin to head east. You trapse through thick forest for hours beggining to doubt what your minion had really seen until you spot a large stone wall through the trees, approaching you find a large old crumbling stone wall 3 men high, with plants and vines creeping up the crumbling rock. You trace your hand on the wall walking around until you find a large wooden gate that only had one side of its doorway. Inside is a large courtyard with grass and stone, overgrown with plants and a keep in the centre although its in poor condition its large enough to house several dozen people.

>Order zombies
>Head in a different direction
>Settle here
>Explore Keep
>Explore courtyard
>Other

>Explore courtyard

You and your 3 man entourage begin walking around the courtyard, you order them to spread out and point out anything of interest, they shamble around randomly while you walk over to what looks like the stables, you push the doorway open to find a foul stench hitting your face in a hot wave, laying inside is a long dead horse, you debate raising it but realise at your current level its too big a task, the stables themselves are big enough to house 16 horses. As you kick over wooden pales and stools one of your zombies groans loudly to gain you attention , you leave the stables to see him standing over in a corner near the keep, there is a doorway with stone steps leading down, the other 2 still stumble around the courtyard picking up pitchforks and pieces of wood.

>Explore Keep
>Explore steps
>Head in other direction
>Other

>Explore steps

You descend the slick stone steps leading down into a darkened hallway of cobbled stones and brick. The air is dank and cold down here, at the end of the hallway opens a room filled with a handful of cells with metal bars although they are all empty, after searching each of the cells individually you turn back and descend deeper into the stairway which to your delight leads to a large underground Crypt, its hard to be sure how many but there are rows and rows of coffins lining the walls.

>D100 to raise them

Rolled 8 (1d100)

lets get some skellies

Rolled 93 (1d100)

glad i'm not the only one here rolling

You pump dark magics through your bodies and into all the nearby corpses waiting to be revived, you feel the surge of energy expel from you and the coffins begin to shake and slide out of the walls crashing onto the floor, some splintering and other just having the casket opened. A great many undead climb out of their tombs

Current army
>14 zombies
>6 skeletons

Skeletons are more frail up close but can take ranged attacks a lot easier than zombies, they are also more intelligent.

The undead gather up around you and you smile wryly before spinning on your heel and heading back upstairs, you order the undead to guard the courtyard as you explore the keep, its dilapidated and old but you can imagine back in the day it was glorious and rich, old tapestry's lay strewn across the floor, large dining tables and several luxurious bedrooms, although all ancient now still have some semi comfortable dusty beds in them, the keep itself is still easily defendable. You return to the courtyard to your minions, your original zombie comes back dragging a dog corpse with it that you test your new found magics on reviving it.

>Head out any direction
>Set up here
>Order zombies
>Research D100
>Other

Rolled 89 (1d100)

>Research D100

use our new friends to start setting up in the keep. find a nice grand bed-chamber

You call your minions forward, the zombies shuffle over while the skeletons clack and rattle over towards you, the dog, who looks almost fine if it weren’t for the missing stomach and intestines, bounds over to you and sits obediently at your side. You issue an order for your minions to head into the keep and clear it, making it more presentable and sorting through all the little things, they obediently head inside and get to work, you retire for the night to the largest bed chamber available, sporting a bed big enough for several men although it is old and dust covered it will do for now. With a large living space such as this you begin to properly sort through your tomes and parchments organising them and reading through bits and pieces, learning how to increase your zombies effectiveness with weapons before falling asleep. You awake in the morning to hear the undead still shuffling throughout the house, a tad unnerving but comforting to know you have all night guards, you descend the grand staircase to find they have been working hard and spent all night tidying and sorting through things, its a huge improvement. In the corner they have gathered weapons they have found, 3 short swords, 2 knives and a flail. You smile happy to know you have such an efficient work force at hand.

>Current army
>14 zombies with 2 knives
>6 skeletons
(Share out the 3 sword, 2 knives and flail to whoever you wish)

>Order minions
>Explore in any direction
>Research Physical undeath D100
>Research Plague D100
>Research Spiritual Undeath D100
>Other

Rolled 24 (1d100)

give the found weapons to the zombies

order the army to search for:
a source of food and water
some kind of quarry

if there was a keep there must have been the natural resources needed for it to be here.

in the mean time I say we research spiritual undeath

Rolled 16 (1d100)

>Research Spiritual Undeath D100

You send the zombies and skeletons out searching in every direction within a radius of the Castle looking for food or water or any supplies after arming them. They shamble and stumble out of the courts gate while the Dog follows you through the keep, you sit back down at your newly found desk of books and begin reading through any of the spiritual tomes, after hours of reading and trying to comprehend you give up having learned nothing new, frustrated you kick at the desk and leave your chamber heading down into the courtyard to be welcomed face to face by 4 men standing at the entrance

“Well” says one of them “If it isnt the important traveller, find your friends here did you?” he laughs, you recognise him as one of the raiders from a few nights back, the others smile and draw weapons
“What you got for us boy?” one growls
Your dog stands behind you back arched growling, you can sense your other minions are not far.

>Recall minions
>Attack with dog D100
>Persuade D100 (feel free to put your own ideas in)
>Intimidate D100 (feel free to put your own ideas in)
>Other

Rolled 31 (1d100)

intimidate them primarily. point at the dog andbe like "don't mess with me im a fucking necromancer, my zombies are returning to strip the flesh from your bones"

and if it is something I can also do I'd like to recall my minions

Rolled 39 (1d100)

>Intimidate D100
Do what he said

You concentrate all your efforts on pulling your army back to your position, as the men stroll casually across the courtyard laughing amongst themselves, weapons drawn. You step forward and issue your dog to stand in front of you
“I am not some mere traveller, i suggest you leave now before i have to hurt you” you state
They look down at the dog although they are too far away to tell its undead, they stop with a puzzled expression and laugh
“Whos gonna stop us? Your important friends? You better stop shitting us now, if you dont give us everything you have we will gut you” he half laughs half growls at you
Your dog barks a distorted ugly bark at the men, you can feel your undead drawing closer, the men stop once more as they get closer “Maybe we should put your mutt out of its misery? Its looking near deaths door” one grins looking at the dog realising how unwell it looks
“It died a while ago” you state calmly
“Oh so you’re a wizard now are you?” the large man laughs “I’ve had enough of your bullshit”
As he finishes his words the naked mother from the cabin stumbles into the court doorway, you can feel the rest not far behind.

>Draw their attention to her
>Intimidate D100
>Persuade D100
>Attack with Dog D100
>Other

>Draw their attention to her
probably use her to say that they are coming and the men's only hope is to run now before the others surround the entrance

Rolled 34 (1d100)

>If you don't belief my the you can ask her and sense they be looking at her have our dog Attack if we let them leave they may come back with more people.

You point behind the men “There is one of mine now, i am giving you this chance to leave with your lives”
They turn and look seeing a naked woman stumbling into the yard, she falls onto the floor and they erupt in laughter once more
“Grab her” one grins
2 of the men run over to where she is laid “Poor bitch you just walked into a big mistake”
She shuffles around on the floor as the 2 men stand either side of her “someone been ringing your neck love?” one says looking at the rope mark
They grab her and pull her to her feet and one of the men lets go immediately shouting
“I killed you, I KILLED YOU!” He falls backwards staring at her blank expression
She turns her head to the man holding her arm and lunges into his shoulder tearing a chunk from it, he screams as blood erupts from his wound, he punches her onto the floor and shoves a knife into her gut, the other man bolts to his feet and runs for the gate only to be blocked by 2 more zombies and a skeleton, he barges past one but the other rams a sword into the back of his leg causing him to fall on the floor in a panic, the skeleton kneels over him and shoves its boney fingers into his fat gut pulling out intestines, he tries to scream as blood gurgles into his throat and out his mouth.
The man fighting the woman is dragged ontop of her as she sinks her teeth into his arms tendons and snaps them out of his arm. The couple of men stood closest to you are frozen in confusion and fear.

>Attack them D100
>Kidnap them D100
>Attack 1 Kidnap 1 D100
>Let them leave with a message
>Other

Rolled 10 (1d100)

>attack them
if we leave their corpses we can use them to practice spirit magic and ask them questions with more relyability

Rolled 44 (1d100)

>Attack them D100

As the men are confused and terrified you and your dog rush forward, you swing your axe at one but he still has enough wits to dodge it, he draws his knife and slices at you cutting at your stomach “FUCK OFF” he screams in a high genuinely afraid voice, he punches you to the ground and runs towards the stairs to the cells and crypt, you look over to see the other man being dragged to the ground by his throat by dog. He doesnt even seem to be putting up a fight, maybe he is already dead, you get up watching the last bandit run into the stairwell. The rest of your army begin pouring through the the courtyard dragging the ruined corpses of his friends. You stand upright and straighten yourself out picking up your axe.

>Resurrect 3 corpses D100
>Send minions down into crypt
>Go down to crypt yourself
>Attempt to talk D100
>Attack D100
>Other

send minions to the crypts to finish him off

Rolled 15 (1d100)

>Resurrect 3 corpses D100
>Send minions down into crypt take his alive

We are not good enough in Spiritual Undeath to get Information from the dead yet.

I know, but we can let the bodies hang around for a while until we are

You attempt to use your magic and energy to quickly bring the 3 recently dead back to life, but after your last raising and the punch to the face you struggle and manage to bring 1 back to life. You order him and some others to descend into the crypt and take the man alive. You head back into the great hall and pull up a regal looking chair, within minutes you can hear screaming as the mans deceased friend and several other undead are carrying a wounded bandit into the hall, they force him to his knees in front of you and hold him, he stops squirming upon seeing you and just begins to tear up. You look down smiling at him.

>Current army
>15 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>1 Dog

>Ask him (anything youd like)
>Torture him
>Kill him
>imprison him
>give him a message to deliver
>Other

ask:
how many more of you are there?
what do you know about the forest's resources?
what do you know about the near by town?
why should you live?

if he fails to answer imprison him for a while

I vote for this

Im really sorry but ill have to pick this up another day! sorry guys!

It's okay just tell us what day this is coming back

Monday.... shall we say... 4-5pm GMT?

sounds like a plan.

the BoneZone shall continue to grow!

Thank you.

Will be there!