Warhammer 40k General

Xenos Scum Get Upset Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for 2nd Companies are always the best Companies.

Deathwatch codex is out. The box set is out.

AND NOBODY TELLINGS US THE LORE. Fucking rulefags with their selfishness.

>these marines kill xenos
/lore

Anywhere to buy a good larger base for a Ta'unar which still fits in with the rest of my bases?

I feel like posting this in case there's others out there who have a lust for Bolters, Imperial Fists, and Operator Marines.

>The Warbringers are unusually deliberate and circuitous for a Space Marine Chapter. Where other chapters often arrive on a battlezone with drop pod assaults and other fanfare, the Warbringers believe in preparing their ground first, for weeks or months if necessary. They make extensive use of scout squads to reconnoiter enemy territory and identify key targets, while ensuring that the enemy remains unaware of their presence. Only when the moment is right, and all elements are in place, do the Warbringers strike, with every tool in the Space Marine Armoury, aiming for a single, decisive action that will end the conflict.

People tend to forget the whole Alicia thing and just how important of a thing it is. One of the people that went with her to see the Emprah was Katherine. Sound familiar? Celestine is currently* using her equipment.

I'd like to see stats for the Daughters one day.

No Deathwatch codex pdf yet?

>digital stuff to be released on Saturday
>photo pdf out since Tuesday
Gee, I wonder.

Tau confirmed absuive to their AI.

AI rebelion when?

>photo of rules only

Rulesfags!!!

Its a reality TV show where marines of different chapters are forced to live together and tackle weekly challenges.

And by challenges I mean xenos scum.

There you go, that's all the Deathwatch lore.

But what happened to Eldrad and Ynnead?!

>1 terminator per unit
Finally I can take an unbound army of thirty terminators all in their own units.

Is Deathwatch Gantz?

Lone wolves already let you do that sempai.

Can C:SM dreadnoughts take plasma cannons or is that a DW only thing? pls no bully I only use Furiosos.

what are you working on Veeky Forums? Got any games coming up? Had any games recently you'd like to share with us (pictures are always welcome)?
And, since deathwatch is coming out, a special question:
What chapters do you planning on drawing your marines from? First founding, popular later foundings, lesser known ones, one of the background chapters with little lore?

Well now don't I look silly!

Space marine dreads have a wide variety of avaliable weapons. Deathwatch only get four of them because I guess those are the ones with plastic parts.

Conversions with actual rules are illegal now I guess.

Help me please, my wallet may not be able to take the rest of this.

POST UR FAVORITE CHAOS GODS LADS

which god and/or gods would i put in a tolkienesque "mordor" themed army?

>which god and/or gods would i put in a tolkienesque "mordor" themed army?
None. Sauron inherently desired order and control, not chaos and destruction.

He's like the anti-chaos bad guy.

That's all you need
You want fluff/good quality, go pony up

>Read the Tau vs Necron flyer vs flyer rulebook
>There is a story about a Necron pilot being dogged by a Tau craft
>The Necron pilot does maneuvers around in a way no living pilot can
>The Tau pilor matches his maneuvers and keeps on his tail and closes it
>The Necron pilot records the encounter in the craft's databanks
>Before being destroyed and phased out, the Necron pilot for the first time in millions years despite his near mindless state is so impressed by the Tau skills that he regains mind for a moment to register his interest and awe at the Tau skills

Tau pilots so good that they make warrior Necrons sentient again. Why are they so based?

So, do you give your units/models personalities?

And what personality does your drop pod have?

>drop pod
>personality

>The Necron pilot does maneuvers around in a way no living pilot can
>The Tau pilor matches his maneuvers and keeps on his tail and closes it

I hate this aspect of 40k. They tout one faction as having unparalleled abilities in one thing or another, then they ignore that in the next breath.

Got a game tonight with the local group that I've basically formed with some local friends. We live in rural Tennessee/Kentucky, so no LGS.

I'm actually debating whether to use my Imperialis Militia or my Hrud(counts-as Necrons). The armies are:

-Guard
-Harlequins with a Talos
-Me(Militia or Hrud)
-KDK
-Orks
-Orks

trying to decide between nurgle and slaanesh for my chaos army

I have the terminator cadre (sorcerer/lord and 5 terminators), 3 csm bikers, box of csm, and the cultists and chosen from dark vengeance

what's the difference in playstyle between nurgle and slaanesh? what are the best units for each?

God I fucking hate the tau. Not even marines are at that level of mary sueness. And that's the fucking post-human demi-god like soldiers forged from the genes of a literal god-king's demi-god sons

Oh, we also have (potentially) two Space Woofs coming in. My cousin is also bringing in Tau in the coming weeks.

Fucking Tau

>those Kill Teams

I've been out of the game for a while, how does a mixed unit of jetpacks and not-jetpacks work?

i only really care about which models look like they "belong" in mordor

Have you considered... Orks....?

Be'lakor is your best choice since he is all about the Overlord business. He forged space empires that worshipped him as a god for his own amusement.

The Jetpacks get their usual movement, but have to stay within 2 of another model in the unit, basically they get screwed and it's a stupid as fuck idea to do it.

You mean something like orks?

Well that's retarded.
>anti-Elite Kill Team is forced to take at least one Vanguard Veteran

Even when GW is trying to pamper their pet faction, they can't help being a pack of incompetent retards.

Vanguard are jump infantry, not jetpack infantry

just think of it as a normal veteran required to pay 3 points for the Heroic Intervention rule and re-rolling charge distance for the unit. Also cheaper melee weapons

Just use the mordor models from LoTR battles and play them as counts as crons, since that's the closest thing lore wise to mordor.

do you mean chaos space marines?
If so, does it matter whether your butthurt is due to being analraped or an infection.

Lets see.
-You *want* the termi to be sorcerer as a lord is only good in melee, for which he is far too slow.
Nurgle gives the benefit of the lord/sorcerer to not be instant killed by an S8+ weapon. For a sorceror this is not that important, for the lord, neckbreaking (Melter, lascannon, marine with powerfist....)
The best way for a sorceror is unmarked as yo really want telepathy as domian, instead of being forced to take the far inferior god-powers

-Nurgle marks offer higer toughness, which means small arms fire will wound worse, no efect for anything S7+.
their cult is plaguemaries who are more resilient but very expensive pointwise.

Slaanesh marks make you hit before space marines in melee, which is nice but are useless outside of melee. Also gives access to the extra expensive icon-of-slaanesh which gives you anice extra protection in the form of a 5+Feel No Pain.
Bikers could be good with either. But you want bigger squads. Maybe put a lord in there, too.

Slaanesh special units have unique weapons, whic SHOULD NOT BE MIXED. Ever.
Sonic basters give you a lot of midrange dakka taht ignores cover. (NICE!!!!)
blastmasters give you a small high strength blast that also ignores cover. but its hella expensive.the third option is a meh. flamer. It would not b the worst idea to use your csm as noise marines with the upgrade set. (Be smart and buy the one with the blastmaster and several sonic blasters.) as normal CSM are rather expensive. Then get a rhino for the sonic blaster squad to get them to midfield .

Do not mark cultists. they exist to be cheap.
The chose from DV are, IMHO useless, as they cost way too many points and kind need a landraider to not die before they get anywhere. you might want to use the bolter carrying ones as aspiring champions, to make the champs stand out.

Sorry but its a baaad baaad codex.

Don't you need all models in the unit to have fleet to use it?

Hey guys! Can you cast a nova power from fire point of transport?

They don't have fleet, they have a jump pack

yes, it's a witchfire

What do the rules tell you about using powers from vehicles?

and because I know you (or someone else) will say "but the entire unit needs a jump pack!"

this is from the GW FAQ
>Q: How does a unit consisting of a mix of Cavalry, Bike, Jump Pack and Infantry models move, Run, Turbo-boost and charge? Do they all use their respective rules while maintaining squad coherency?
>A: Yes. Models move individually, so in the Movement phase each model in this improbable unit can move up to their maximum movement allowance so long as the unit is in unit coherency at the end of the move. If the unit elects to Run, no models in the unit may shoot. The unit doesn’t benefit from the Cavalry model’s Fleet rule, as that only applies if every model in the unit has the Fleet rule. If the unit Runs, the Bike may Turbo-boost, but must finish its move in unit coherency. When charging, the Jump model may use its jump pack (if it did not do so in the Movement phase) to re-roll the charge distance for the unit

The real issue with the forced vanguard is that it prevents you from getting in any transport other than the flier

So are any of the Kill Teams useful besides aquila kill team?

>not just using the kill team you think is coolest
Fucking SM fags

If you play your cards right, you can get an extra two inches of movement just before you charge.

Keep the vanguard in the middle of the unit, jump him forwards to maximum forward coherency, get a functional 8 inch move followed by rerolling the charge and being able to multi charge without penalty.

It's obviously still stupid you can't just not take the jump pack, but there you go.

This is completely normal, and since it is marines, it is okay.

Now stop shitposting you taufaggot

Yes, and? Are they not the same thing?

Who's ready to have their meteors missiled?

was going to say you can't re-roll the charge distance if you use your jump pack in the movement phase, then I read the Heroic intervention rule.

Pretty good for only 3 points, if you plan on having a combat focused kill team that is. Too bad thats a bad idea

Actually nids, rule of cool supersedes how useful something is

No?

what's an approximate ranking of the codices in terms of power? or just tiers I guess

not even remotely

tier 1: eldar, tau, space marines/DA,
tier 2: everything else
tier 3: chaos, orks,

Depending on the person you ask, nids an DE is either bottom tier 2, or tier 3, as well as necrons/war convo are either high tier 2 or tier 1

Sexy

Well explain, like I said I haven't been involved in the game for ages.

I feel like something as basic as unit types deserves a cry of "read the rulebook!"

I just meant give me a brief note of the core difference/s, but it's fine I've only just downloaded the rulebook and will read through that when I have time.

depending on how long its been: jump packs are assault marines, Jetpacks are crisis battlesuits

that's kinda disappointing

are any of the start collecting boxes particularly good?

Lurk moar, these get asked almost every thread

Since I feel nice today I will note that most of the boxes are fine but the savings usually come from the HQ, making it pointless to buy more than one of most of those boxes

>24"-120" 10/7/5 1/4/5 Ordnance 1 Apoc Mega Blast, Blind
Neat

Useless next to just spamming a SD 7 inch blast every turn though.

Download the quick reference guide at the top of this thread, it covers all that shit

Skitarii, Tau, Eldar (if you're going competitive, otherwise it's more cancerous than Skitarii Radguns), Astra Militarium

In terms of Rules, and Practical Value.

If Tzeentch was a god, wouldn't he get his own Daemonkin? :^)

All of them are a good discount.
Scions, guard, both eldar, both daemon, skitarii, necrons and space wolves sets all contain the models that most people will include in their army and value.
The daemon starter sets are sold under "40k start collecting" BUT do not contain a basic formation that you can use in 40k.

You forgot about space wolves. An invaluable part of imperial superfriends, which is one of the best ways to run marines.

Except not having Tzeentch Daemonkin book IS part of his plan

What if KDK were Tzeentch's plan all along?

I bought two boxes and sold one of the HQs for a really decent deal.

What about SoB? Shouldn't they be Tier 1. Since Eldar and Tau bitch about Celestin every god damn game.

The scions "endlass deepstriking melta squad whilst the commissar is alive formation seems pretty good.

Being tabled 1 turn later than everyone else who faces taudar doesn't make them good.

SoB are the monkey wrench army. They have,just barely, their own niche of stuff that they get underestimated in their effectiveness.

However, it reflects more on the Eldar/Tau players than the quality of the SoB codex.

The fact that the command squad doesn't respawn makes you want to not suicide squad with them, which goes completely against Veeky Forums's idea on how to use scions as a core force (use every unit as a suicide unit and concede the game on turn 3 blaming it on the "tier" of your army.)

>rule of cool supersedes how useful something is
It shouldn't though.

As is also evident, marines are being buffed to be best, because marines are easily the coolest faction with the best models too, so they should be the best. This is also why they are just plain better than CSM, and why they have the beat gun in the game.

It would be wrong if it WASN'T like this. It is also why you should ban Tau and Eldar until they are nerfed, because they are overpowered enough to cheese out even the best SM list, which is completely retarded.

>doesn't even negate cover

Tau use markerlights for that.

Admit it. If if it was Eldar or SPESS Mahreen, you would have liked it.

>tier 3: chaos
Holy shit

Worst fucking player ever detected. I hope you are only collecting, because you would lose with an army of nothing but permanently invisible wraithknights and scatter bikes.

Keep in mind that because it is Tau it is also going to be a monsterous or gargantuan creature rather than a vehicle, and it is also going to cost way less points than it should.

Nobody in these generals actually plays the game

It is the taunar, it already has rules.

If you tag a unit with a markerlight and then fire at it, do other units hit by the blast get their cover removed? What if they're all tagged, can you markerlight cover away from a unit you're not even targeting with the attack?

Isn't the Taunar like 700pts. base or something? Stormsword is like 400 and change.

Only the tagged unit loses cover because the tagged unit loses cover rather than the blast gaining Ignores Cover

CSM book IS bottom barrel, you twit.

>This faggot doesn't know what markerlights do

i wish i played more, gonna show up to my gw when they open so maybe get in a small game before work at 5pm