/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Rihad edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Ahnassi.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calcelmo's_Stone
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zcenHmbQ7TY
youtube.com/watch?v=_M-7RNyqefM
thejboy88.deviantart.com/art/Dispute-Between-Daedra-528250858
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr96MtJwjw4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skyrim's been out for 5 years now and this still hasn't been fully translated: en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calcelmo's_Stone

Anyone with some free time mind finishing the translation? I think you can use the falmer books and their translated versions that appear in Dawnguard. Even contributing one or two missing words would be great.

This AllIn All guy makes some pretty dope TES covers

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zcenHmbQ7TY

Third for Telvanni.

You know what, I've got the day off. I'll put on a pot of coffee and see what I can do, user.

I'll have a look at it after finishing something else.

I'm afraid those books in Dawnguard are already translated. There may be no way to translate those words.

So, should the sun be visible from planes of Oblivion, barring any atmospheric fuckery from the native Prince?

Yes.

>Vampires get burned even in Coldharbour
Did we see suns, moons and stars in the Shivering Isles though? I know they weren't there in the deadlands or apocrypha.

That's more through Meridia, so I'd imagine that it doesn't have as much of an effect in Coldharbor.

I can check, but I haven't reached a high enough level in Oblivion.

>I know they weren't there in the deadlands or apocrypha.
That would be the aforementioned atmospheric fuckery of the native Prince.

best faction

I'm back. The stars and sun are there, and in fact are more brilliant.

SI really is the best part of Oblivion.

THRICE-BLESSED BE MY WITNESS
THIS IS NOW A BEST FACTION THREAD
no tusks allowed beyond this line

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nerevarine is IMPERIAL prodpaghanda and prolly DAGOTH as well :DDDDDD

Praise ALMSIVI and Veloth, Not Uriel Septim and Talos, OK?

15th for malacath and orcish pride

Truly the most honorable faction.

We're watching you, scum.

youtube.com/watch?v=_M-7RNyqefM

>being a tribal barbarian
True Orsimer worship Trinimac.

Holy shit guys I just realized. That empty house in 4th era raven rock that's only used by squatters? It's the Nerevarine's estate from over 200 years ago. There's a reason you're unable to buy that empty house: its owner is still alive.

While the thumbnail turned me on a bit I think it says enough about what kind of video it's gonna be, there's also the clickbait title. Not interested.

I've been saying the same thing for the last 3 days, but this just keeps popping up around my youtube account constantly. I don't know how much they paid for promotion but it sure seems like a lot. I think I'll give up and watch it soon, I'll let you know then whether it's worth a watch or not.

Oh fugg!

Youtube eventually gets a clue if you keep telling them you're not interesting in certain videos, certain channels and certain recommendations of videos you've watch. Refresh your recommendations a few times and purge out any of the all caps titles, listicles and other trash

I really wish I'd get more notifications of small channels that make dope TES content, like all those morrowind meme videos about fargoth and dagoth ur that get posted very often here

The snowball effect of recommendations (channel growth becomes exponential at a certain point cause you get recommended more and more) sucks fucking dick. There's very few youtubers with over a million subscribers that I find even remotely interesting.

I'm the autist that keeps talking about building elder scrolls stuff in Minecraft

This time I'm building in Rihad, and I can't come up with any good ideas for house interiors as my only experience is with nordic and dunmer structures. Some things I got so far is

>lightly colored wood for furniture (birch)
>round carpets
>wall carpets (banners)
>ceiling lanterns (torches just don't fit)

Besides that I'm really struggling, I can't think of typical redguard foods or furniture arrangements.

Meanwhile I can easily name a few things off the top of my head that I feature in any nordic home:

>torch sconces on the walls
>wooden log framing
>mead kegs, atleast 1 per house
>a fireplace
>chickens, rabbits and spices (elves ear, frost mirriam) hung up near the fireplace
>animal hides on the floor

So yeah, I'm asking for your ideas. I wish we had more lore about furnishing.

Redguard homes:
If moderately wealthy to very wealthy, then lots of open windows with overhanging ledges for shade from which silky curtains hang.
If peasantry, basically lean-tos and slummy stuff but still open for air-flow

>torch sconces inside a house
user, it's like you want people to suffocate and the entire interior to be blackened. Candles and small handheld lanterns are much more sensible I think.

thejboy88.deviantart.com/art/Dispute-Between-Daedra-528250858
Holy shit, the thumbnail is from some tickling fetish picture comissioned by a very extreme brony. Kek

>most top comments are negative
There's still hope, I was expecting lots of 'DAE love skyrim? Like if u agree! xD'

Oh yeah, I'll definitely make sure there's plenty of glassless windows.

I'm pretty sure Skyrim houses have torches inside.

>someone had such a mighty need for skyrim-style daedra tickling fetish pictures that he paid for it

Going by the price page of the artist, the guy probably paid 65$+ for that pic.

I always liked the large, indoor grove in the palace in Sentinel.

What's the easiest way for a girl to acquire a functional dick?
Illusion, Alteration, Restoration?

Arena does unfortunately not have any Hammerfell-exclusive interiors, but I live some of the exteriors. Here's a temple in Rihad, belonging to the Conclave of Faith.

CHIM.

Alteration, likely. Though I imagine it would be very difficult.

It's still hot though.

Why not Conjuration?

Bound spear is totally a real spell.

This is great

Anyone else roleplay TES characters in other games?

I play Hircine in Dino Run and nothing's more fitting, the whole game is essentially a Wild Hunt.

I always thought Azura and Nocturnal's statues in Skyrim were pretty hot.

I spent a good amount of time in Rihad during my Arena run, and one of the features I remember well is that there's a huge tavern-complex just down by the docks.
It's essentially three large taverns that have either grown together or been built together.
It lies on the edge of the water, and the harbour is just around the corner to the left.

As for ideas:
Hammerfell has dew sails, and while that's probably more of a desert thing, it looks cool. I'd use a lot of cloth and pottery. Wood is used, but not in large amounts. Houses are lit by oil lamps hanging from ceilings or placed on tables. The richer you are, the more elaborate the lighting.

More up-scale homes use more wood, especially of the imported kind. Windows with glass, as well as more Breton or Imperial styles. Rihad is Forebear, after all.
Also the people of Rihad are known nudists, but that's just a fun fact.

Take a look at TR's Hammerfell stuff for inspiration. And the Redguard comic might have something.

Restoration/Alteration, leaning more towards Restoration.

Or visit a face sculptor.

No, they have fire pits, candles, hearths, and candles inside of goat horns that hang on walls.

Only dungeons have wall torches.

Don't forget to put a not!Quran over the hearth of every house.

What's more Veeky Forums?
The Ordinators or the Thalmor?

Ordinators rock the look, Thalmor are tryhards.

Also you can't beat cigarette voices telling you to fuck off, fetcher.

speaking of which
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr96MtJwjw4

Very interesting, thanks. What are dew sails though?

>Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums is the real board for TESfags

I don't understand why they removed their voices for later games.
Oblivion it kind of made sense, they might have learnt the dialect from the locals over the years, despite their curse.
However I don't think it makes sense for Skyrim considering so many of the are straight out of Morrowind.

subscribbed

On one hand, The Ordinators have male hair fashion down to an extreme (Long on the top, short on the sides).

However, I'd have to say that Altmer in general are the most Veeky Forums.
Although I'm getting Veeky Forums, I don't really browse Veeky Forums that much. I'm more into /wg/, /wsg/, and Veeky Forums, but I'll occasionally go on places like Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /p/, or if I need help with vidya, Veeky Forums.

athlethics reduces strength

requesting the edit of caius cosades with scooby's face on his body

It's funny because it's true. Why have Athletics as a major skill and level up too fast and only speed when you can have Acrobatics as a miscellaneous skill and hop op the ramps of Vivec?

Hops and oats = glutes for the sloots.

What's the connection between Magnus and Meridia? They're both Magna-Ge ofcourse, and Meridia used his light to carve her own realm of Oblivion, and sunlight hurts the vampires she hates so much. Are they good buddies or does Meridia just hijack his light?

Would Harkon's endgame of blotting out the sun mean to kill Magnus?

4 kwama eggs 2-3 times a day, eat big to get big!
8 hour acrobatics, let's get big CMON

So, I've got a question that I can't really ask Veeky Forums since they would just tell me to play Skyrim.

Should I go back to the Vanilla Graphics, Bodies, and Faces?

On one hand, I feel like it's truer to the original game and design and I don't mind dated graphics or limited visibility, but on the other hand, I'd have to start all over and i don't want to regret it, and graphics/not everyone having a huge bulge and walking like a pimp helps with immersion.

What do you think? What do you use personally?

I play with vanilla graphics cause I'm lazy, haven't bothered to properly mod my game and I don't care too much for it. Don't go back to vanilla if you're losing character progress.

Magnus is *not* the sun, the sun is just where he exited mundus.

It's for condensing and collecting water.

>Are they good buddies
Nah, he threw her out.

perfect picture to prove that they always had those weird eyebrows

I think ESO implemented this as well.

Hello, /tgesg/. Have you seen where I left my Master Alchemy equipment? I could have sworn it was in my tower a second ago.

Do we have any evidence that TES VI will have Elseweyr as well as Valenwood or is it just map size & wishful thinking talking?

None. We only have evidence that it will be in Valenwood.

Having both would be odd, as they'd probably need multiple khajiit models, but there'd be no need for multiple argonians

Dammit user this has been in my related videos all week and I've managed to resist.

Please, please.
We prefer "horsefucker".

>he doesn't want only elsweyr or only valenwood so it can have a better scale
both provinces as big as skyrim would be lame

>browsing tickle fetish stuff on deviantart right now
I'm not even into it but my morbid curiosity is stronger than my disgust

thanks clickbait videos, that shit shouldnt be allowed if you ask me

What can I say? The last 3 games have been proportional and I like consistency.
Also between the jungles and the feuding a game with both seems suitable.

Evidence we have that at least suggests Valenwood is Todd mentioning they don't have the technology yet to do the next TES game, which, at least to me, implies rather tricky major settlements, like, say... A moving tree city. A lot of them. Because to my knowledge making massive places like that move is a bitch in any game engine without some cheap fuckery. (Like Unreal and TF2 convoy maps which are actually static buildings with moving skyboxes and scenery)

The alternative might be Summerset Isles as well since, as I understand, the high elf homelands have some weird, crystal architecture cities which require magic just to move around in.

People do suggest both because Valenwood and Elseweyr are individually small, but collectively would be a bit bigger than Skyrim and provide a much more diverse set of environments to travel through.

though there is this.

Another reason though that suggests Dominion Provinces is because no matter how to cut it, the second Dominion/Man war seems pretty inevitable by the end of Skyrim, and people want to actually be part in that rather than it just being skipped over with shit like "Imperials/Skyrim, Dominion, truce, or stalmate lol!" and the next event getting pushed. Especially since the Thalmor's end goal is to unmake reality. (and there seems to be indications they CAN do it)

Alternative possibility though is that they're going to do Hammerfell and make Swordsinging a thing, and that's the technology they don't have yet so Swordsinging isn't just Shouts by a different name which was "spells we gutted from the magic schools and now dangle in front of you as a special snowflake power" by a different name.

>feuding
They're both part of the Dominion now, so the Thalmor probably clamped down on all the fun border fights and raids.
The Elsweyr-Valenwood situation gets more fun the more independent the provinces get. That's why the Simulacrum gave us the Five Year War.

Let me put it this way: each province has about the same amount of cities right? If they have the double amount of cities in a game, some of which are relatively close, they're gonna get scaled the fuck down or some turned into smaller towns. I'd rather have just Valenwood or just Elsweyr as big as Skyrim.

How could Boethiah defeat Trinimac? Aren't aedra more powerful than daedric princes? Does Trinimac have a human name? (like you have Shor, Shezzar, Lorkhan, Lorkhaj)

What was this 'Dwemer are orcs' theory again?

>How could Boethiah defeat Trinimac?
It's not that simple.

I see no problem with this. I imagine they'd have smaller settlements anyway.
That and I'm not much of a townie in the first place.

Mephala backstabbed him first.

I generally lose the plot with Trinimac. He seems like such a footnote but then everyone comes up with these bizarre theories on how ingrained he is to Tamrielic metaphysics like it's meant to be obvious...
What dev comments do we have on him? Anything by Kirkbride?

>I see no problem with this.
Don't make me unzip my muatra, cities are awesome.

>Talos. The HoonDing. Trinimac. Vivec. Leki. Reman. Auri-El. Wulfharth. Morihaus. Pelinal.

Thats his list of "most powerful". So trinimac seems important.

There's this nikka called Tall Papa who taught the dindus how to escape from Satakal into the next kalpa. Who the fuck is he? (Tall Papa, not Satakal)

Who the fuck are the HoonDing and Leki? Why is Wulfharth so high on the list? Where is Shor?

Hoonding and Leki are from the redguard pantheon.
Because Wulfharth is basicly Shor's ghost.
Shor is dead.

I thought Talos had more Shor in him.

Yet another possibility still for the "we don't have the tech right now" is that they might want to add naval combat to the game. Which would be cool, but we'd need fucking cannons. Naval combat don't feel right if it's pure boarding actions and/or catapults/ballista/mages chucking shit.

They could actually still be feuding, just kept under the table and the Dominion does it's best to hide the fact that it barely holds itself together. I mean if we imagine Elseweyr and Valenwood are PERFECTLY under Dominion control, there's not going to be much of a game. At the very least, trying to play anything but a stealth character is going to suck.

Plus, if ESO has shown me anything (I know, laugh if you will, I still enjoy it way more than Skyrim) Khajiit and Bosmer are pretty shitty allies from a military stand point with the khajiit only mildly less so.

I mean they're great for small squad skirmishings, but if you want to march on a whole damn city, the Altmer can expect to do it by themselves with Elseweyr and Valenwood only acting as buffers against counter invasions.

this is a fairly good point too. I know I wouldn't mind losing out on two provinces if the one gets heavily fleshed out and done well.

it's not just cities either, it'll be questlines and points of interest.

I will bet dollars to pennies though Bethesda will bring in settlement building from Fallout 4 though, or something very much like it.

in my ideal TES VI, one of the ways you can beat the main game is taking over banks, shops, farms, mines, merchant ships, and criminal syndicates and then basically then choosing a side to support, effectively starving the other logistically and driving the losing side nuts that they basically got beaten by the player being a bureaucrat than some great military mind or warrior.

He has. Wulfharth used to reincarnate every now and then during the 1st and 2nd era, until he was trapped in the mantella and absorved by the Talos oversoul.
Talos not only took Shor's place, but Shor's soul as well.

>he doesn't know anything about how fucking rad redguard mythology is
>he thinks "shor" even belongs on that list
How's your first day here?
I'm just messing with you. But go read up on it.

HoonDing is the Make Way God, and Leki is the Shehai Saint.
Tall Papa (Ruptga) is more complicated, but it's easiest to mark him down as Akatosh-esque. Though people point at connections to Trinimac (and Anu).

And?
Talos has Wulfhart in him.

With Talos conquering Skyrim and replacing Shor's soul does that mean that the replacement of the ancient nordic pantheon/atmoran totem pantheon coincides with Tiber Septim's apotheosis?

I have always preferred the vanilla faces to any of the mods out there, personally. I haven't been able to make vanilla faces look good with any of the better bodies out there, though, so I end up stuck with vanilla bodies as well.

>One of the few magical arts the Psijics of Artaeum have kept to themselves, away from the common spells and schools of the Mages Guild, is the gift of divination. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, omens and prophesies abound in Tamriel, some of substance, others of pure folly, and still others so ambiguous as to be unverifiable. There are still other prophesies kept secret, from the prophesies of Dro'Jizad in Elsweyr and the Nerevarine in Morrowind, to the Elder Scrolls themselves.
>prophesies of Dro'Jizad in Elsweyr and the Nerevarine in Morrowind
>Dro'Jizad
Cat Jesus confirmed. When it's time for the Second Comping, Y'ffer's folk will pay for their immense faggotry.

Either way, adding him to the big ol' list of Khajiiti gods and culture heroes once I get back to working on it.

If any of you come across any obscure references to Khajiiti gods or culture heroes, please post them. I'm guaranteed to have missed something.

I think that was changed during Alessia's reign

Thanks.
Anything else? Maybe more Trinimac specific?
Not to seem ungrateful I'm just obsessive.

Nordic pantheon got dropped that long ago? That fucking sucks.

>"Of all the et'Ada who wandered the early Nirn, Trinimac was the strongest. He, for a very long time, fooled the Alcharyai [Aldmeri - MN] into thinking that tears were the best response to the Sundering. They cried and shamed our ancestors, especially the feminine Saliache [High Elves - MN]-they even took the Missing God's name in vain, calling His narratives into question. So one day Boethiah, Prince of Plots, precocious youth, he tricked Trinimac to go into his mouth. Boethiah talked like Trinimac for awhile then, and gathered enough people to listen to him. Boethiah showed them the lies of the White et'Ada, the Aedra, and told them that Trinimac was the biggest liar of all, saying all this with Trinimac's voice! Boethiah told the mass before him the Tri-Angled Truth. He showed them, with Mephala, the rules of Psijii's Endeavor. He taught them how to build Houses, and what items they needed to bury in the Corners. He demonstrated the right way to wear their skin. He performed the way to walk to achieve an Exodus. Then Boethiah relieved himself of Trinimac right there on the ground before them to prove all the things he said were the truth. It was easy then for his new people to become the dark Moriche [Chimer - MN], the Changed Ones."

Also:
From MK's AMA:
>Q: Why was Trinimac left behind on Mundus when Auri-El ascended to Aetherius?
>A: Trinimac is probably one of the least understood underpinnings of the whole pantheon. I like him that way, but I would study Mithras if you really want to find out more.