"Hey user, I know you said you wanted character art to go with our sheets, so here's my barbarian...

"Hey user, I know you said you wanted character art to go with our sheets, so here's my barbarian. He uses a two-handed sword and light armor. So, am I in?"

at least he is not dual-wielding

Sure, because I'm not some sperg who makes grand sweeping judgements based on taste in media.

We'll see how you do in the intro session!

Yeah, Bob's playing a sage.

"...And this it my little bro's character, he wants to be a Ranger. It's his first time, so we thought a martial class with limited magical foolery would be for the best."

fair enough. as long as he hits things very hard. of course if he's pretentious in game i have ever right to slap him.

No problems.
But your little brother seriously needs to get some better taste.

So me and my gf rolled up a character. So I'm playing this badass dex fighter that just wants to murder and she's rogue that dumper her stats into Cha.

I told you, we're not using that abomination of a d20 version. Go remake your characters using the actual system.

The people in this thread are really nice.

It's a shame that D&D shoehorns barbarians into being loincloth wearing "muh nature" illiterates

I've seen worse.

i once played a sailor water orc barbarian. tried to homebrew a shark path as a totem animal. sort of worked, he could breathe underwater while raging, smell blood very far away underwater, and could make an unarmed attack with bite at advantage

Well I mean it fits the criteria.

Cant read, limited to medium armor, slightly faster movement, reputation for being warlike and flying into insane rages.

>user, this game is set in european fantasy
that wasn't so hard

Don't forget the genocidal tendencies

It's a blue-eyed guy with a Swiss saber. I don't see the problem.

>that arm angle
that's the cloth, right? his arm isn't bent at a stupid angle there, right?

Sure, that sounds fine.

How is Fu a rogue ? She's just a NPC

Sure user, but you might want to fluff your rage more as a tranquil fury sort of thing.

Hey, since you two are throwing anime-based art at me, do you guys want to set this campaign in a feudal Japan type setting?

So a geisha assassin? I can work with that. As for your murderous character, do you think it'll mesh with the rest of the party? Rampant murdering doesn't necessarily align with what they had in mind

There's nothing wrong with a weeaboo campaign user. As long as everyone is on the same page and having fun.

Dark Souls has katanas.

>Sure user, but you might want to fluff your rage more as a tranquil fury sort of thing.

like 4 and most mention coming from foreign land.

>Hey, since you two are throwing anime-based art at me, do you guys want to set this campaign in a feudal Japan type setting?

That would imply all anime is set in feudal Japan.

YO WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS RIGHT HAND

No, but if the players are tossing anime at you they might be into that sort of stuff

Gameplay aside, dark souls is a jrpg and is full of (subverted) jrpg tropes

My character is more or less travelling with the party because he has to because of a coin flip with gf's character. He's still very much a murderhobo but he just wants to fight someone he can go all out on.

Okay, but the sheet didn't say his home planet was a feudal world. The sword have a story?

>itsadaemonweapon.jpg
>hewasadaemonhost.png

Okay, I guess it fits, considering the other PCs consist of a foaming-at-the-mouth crusader, daemon binder and heretek

>Murderhobo

That aside, doing this based on a coin flip suggests to me that the character has some sort of honour type deal going on. Maybe limit the killing to foes that actually put up a challenge and letting weaklings go because they're not worth killing. Maybe in the hopes that they become more skilled and seek revenge, hopefully putting up a real fight in the process.

ah yes, the famous swiss bamboo and swiss almond eyes

it's just a reaction pic

QUALITY

Barbarians are often foreigners and the Ranger has longswords, it wouldn't work in feudal Japan.

>hey DM you said we could use homebrew if you approved it, right? Can I be a giant crab man?

5e doesn't have any of that nonsense "You can't read or write" stuff. While the fluff definitely lends itself to that, and the good subclass is pretty solidly shaman-ish magic flavored, you can use backgrounds to do lots of other things.
In fact, Samurai work great as barbarians. Eventually you get Feral Instincts for advantage on Initiative (iaijutsu) and improved criticals for deadly blows.

>Samurai work great as barbarians
Samurai were never supposed to lose their cool in battle. They were supposed to stay calm and analyze, as well as be loyal to their lords and die/fight with honor. If anything, they are closer to paladins, minus the religious aspect.

Paladin's Oath of the Crown is another fantastic way to do them, it's all about a direct tie and total loyalty to a lord and the law. I might be better to say that barbarian can be a good way to play a more pop culture samurai or ronin. As someone above said, fluff rage as an intense combat focus. The only real negative effect rage carries is the inability to cast or concentrate on spells, which isn't hard to believe.

I mean samurai were more historically known for their horseback riding mastery than their swordsmanship. But I get what you mean. That being said, when a person says "I want to play a berserker that's a samurai" it sounds a bit strange.

I'm sorry, I can't here you over the sounds of Best Samurai being awesome

Kikuchiyo wasn't a fucking samurai you retard.

Didn't stop him from having the highest body count of all 7 of them, having the best written scenes and moments, and being a cool enough dude that he was accepted as an honorary samurai by the rest.

>dual wielding katanas

It would work, but it sure would be cliche.

Still doesn't make him a real samurai.

While not dual wielding katanas, Musashi invented a style of dual wielding a katana and a wakizashi.

Sure.

>samurai were more historically known for their horseback riding mastery than their swordsmanship.

Samurai, much like knights, changed their fighting technique over the centuries.

The Edo era was peacetime user and doesn't account for what samurai were historically known for in Japanese history.

The film is called Seven Samurai.

And? He was a commoner-turned warrior/sellsword. That doesn't make him a samurai.

Fluff is fluff. I think you should feel free to refluff mechanics in any way that you want to as long as the mechanic remains untouched.

needs to be more outrageous.

Needs to be more weab. And needs more swords.

C'mon, you guys, I told you I made this campaign inspired by Sengoku Barasa. You're on the right track but neither of you are cuh-ray-zee enough.

Use these guys for reference points.

Am I supposed to get mad over this? What's the problem again, that he's using an anime picture as his character portrait rather than following an art class and drawing something himself? Or is it supposed to be that there's a disconnect between the barbarian on paper and his roleplay? Because neither are bad things.

I will accept this, but only because Kirito himself is a blank slate. You can't roleplay Kirito because of how bland he is.

This is my eldritch archer magus.

>not flavoring rage as going into a trance where you easily dodge blows that would have cut other people open and your strikes hit even harder

I'll allow you to play her if she manages to stay on the first page

Always bump Chaika.

Glory to Chaika

>Six Samurai and a Commoner Turned Sellsword
Kay

Are you autistic? He had the heart of a samurai. It's like how a cobbler from Waterdeep could secretly have the heart of a Barbarian and find his niche smashing skulls.

Is it weird that I never actually disliked Kirito? He just seemed like a normal guy who wanted to fuck/marry his girl and do sword shit.

It's true though.
>He had the heart of a samurai
Except he didn't. He wasn't loyal to a lord or anything that is central to the idea of a samurai's system of beliefs.

Reminder that the only times Kirito succeeds is through the help of others.

I guess you're just too autistic to understand movies or you play too much L5R.

No you are just moronic and know nothing about Japanese history

You know what, sure. Just remember, he IS in fact a Barbarian and if you want him to do non-barbarian stuff, you're going have to multi-spec, so if you think a better starting class would suit him better, do tell.

Is this enough swords?

Sure, if he's a brash, hotblooded young ronin, actually, that would work pretty well as a Barbarian!

>Eight sword style
>There's only 7

No.

You don't want to know where he keeps the last one, user.

>Head of the legendary Kyotoryuu style, the strongest swordmanship school
>genetically incapable of holding a sword

>minus the religious aspect.
>IMPLYING
no seriously why would you even suggest samurai werent religious

ah i've had this drawing saved on my computer for a bit but i didn't know it was from that

Heres my character. He's a Wizard (Bladedancer).

The Eighth sword is for lady slaying.

This is my Gunslinger. It's chill, right?

If one of my players made a character half as cool as Revy I'd snap-accept.

One of my friends plays literally Revy in like, 3 of the 4 SR campaigns I've been a part of.

Definitely autism.

Samurai were many things. Paladin suits the knight in shining armour image, but you could just as easily have the low down dirty ronin.

Hell having the rage replace with a 'zen forcus' makes just as much sense gameplay wise.

It depends how much you're married to the idea of the classes as fluff. Last game someone played a monk simply because they wanted to be the unarmed pit brawler type and it was the closest to fit it. Which works fine because they can be anything from kung fu to Ninjas to Psychics and good damn benders.

No, no, remember, we have a contingent of Eurotrash that think that if they wish really hard, that bullshit story their dad told them about being descended from French nobility will turn out to be true and actually mean fuck-all in the modern day.

i fail to see the problem

I suddenly want to make a character based around throwing swords or other such weapons in combat.

There was a 3.x build that dealt hundreds of damage by throwing like two dozen katanas at someone in six seconds.

>Hell having the rage replace with a 'zen forcus' makes just as much sense gameplay wise.
Because... samurai never got angry?

Here's my Science Fantasy character.

Here's my urban supernatural PC

Link?

Here's my CN Rogue. He's the jolliest fellow you ever met. He's successful in his "business", so I was hoping you could let me start off with some extra cleric equipment, to sell and trade with. They're a bit tattered, d-don't mind the bloodstains.