Mecha Space Pirate Quest XLVIII

Happy Friday, everyone. Settle in, it's time for the forty-eighth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest. I'm Wong, your host, and you are Admiral Roarke Starwind of the Iron Kestrels, a title that grows a little bit every day.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, you got a number of things done. You scored the secret extra-special good ending to the conversation with Fatima, you met with your pirate captains and formulated plans for the near as well as distant future. You also fulfilled a long-cherished desire to give a very special gift to Red Siren, and ended up spending the night with her on Auditorium.

Which is why your day starts around noon, with Rosita sleepily trying to tug you back into bed with her hair in a fuzzy cloud around her face.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4dtGMmXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey, I caught it. Finished up the Bigro. Calling it the horseshoe due to it's shape.

pastebin.com/4dtGMmXU
Not as expensive or as sturdy as the Tarrasque, but if it can pin you down, it can then proceed to vomit ALL the missiles on you.

Wonder what crazy adventures Roarke is going to have today

Looks somewhat fragile against enemy aces, but I especially like how the 4-kill missiles just so happen to be sufficient to bypass beta armor.

No ECW system, though?

"Roaaaarke~" You manage to pull your pants up, and she grabs your belt and tries to tug you back into bed.

"Roaaaarke~" You shrug your shirt on, and she tugs on the hem, "It's too early, stars don't shine until after the sun sets!" She pouts, wrapping the blankets around herself.

"Hawks fly during the day." You point out. You're reasonably confident they do, you've seen Species of Earth, at least most of the series.

"It can be whatever time we want in space." She replies with a smile, stretching her arms out and hooking a finger through one of your beltloops, "Nowhere's more free than among the stars."

"I can't argue with that." You lean down and kiss her one more time before you put on your jacket and shades and make your way to the door.

"Call me later, if I don't see you at work!" She waves, then flops back down into bed. You smile as you make your way downstairs, turning your PC back on for the day.

You hear some of the maids giggling as they pass by, and glance into one of the mirrors lining the corridor. You're rather shocked at the number of lipstick marks Rosita left on you this time. As you're reminiscing on the past night, your PC starts chiming at you, indicating an incoming call.

It's from Miles.

[Continued]

what will that handsome rogue Roarke Starwind get into today i wonder

>in today's episode Roarke handles the logistics of running a pirate armada and struggles with handling the pay of hundreds of pirates while his most money savvy crew mate constantly bombards him with dubious facts about his homeland

I was imagining space taxes, but that works too

List of things to still do
>Spend time with Dozel and Athena
>Talk to Clemmy about her past
>Take a look at the Avalon mechs we captured
>Hand out with Judah and his family
>Interview with Gretchen

ECW is a weird thing and I wasn't sure how to properly use it. It does fit with the bigro, so I may create a new version later.

As is, the Horseshoe is designed not so much as a artillery platform as it is a bomber. Armor strong enough to handle ship anti-mech defenses, and it's high acc missiles would make sure that not only do they hit, but they'd get a good number of crits too. With it's high speed, it can zoom in and out of combat, and with it's huge, meaty claws, it can grapple enemies and use them as shields.. if not dismantle them outright. Its a versatile machine and quite offensively strong, but it needs to hit first and hard to win.

>paying space taxes
>as a pirate
Oh shit nigger, what are you doing?

Also,
>Confirm Dejah Thoris' identity with Fatima
>Find out if Bruce Kelly would join the Iron Kestrels.
>Resume training with Master Asia

We should take a look at the Kaiser and it's new upgrades. I want to see what it's become.

Space pirate taxes user, what did you think being a pirate was all fun and games?

People pay their space pirate taxes to us at this point.

You answer it. She sounds peeved, and nobody gets peeved quite like Miles.

"Dude, you asshole. I tried calling Red Siren's castle and I got told you were too busy getting busy to be bothered. Why do you make me put up with this shit? I could be doing something fun, instead of putting up with this new bullshit."

"You wanted to be First Mate, you have to do these things sometimes. What new bullshit?" You inquire, cleaning yourself up a little.

"That fancy bitch we kidnapped has been hailing the ship nonstop for almost an entire day. I answered the first time, and she just started screaming at me for being a thief and a peasant 'slattern' which I guess is some kinda artisan. She demanded to speak to you, so I told her to suck void because I knew you had important shit going on, then DC'd. Now she won't stop calling...although we haven't been hailed for the past twenty or so minutes, so either she got bored or her comms officer finally got some sleep. Either way, could you smash her ships communications array on your way back to the Rhinehawk? That or just chat her up until she goes back to being quiet. You must be losing your touch, Dude, I thought you had her charmed already." Miles grumps.

You tch quietly, "You're making me sound sleazy."

"Whatever. Come on, Dude, I can't handle much more of Avi and Mohammed playing Call of the Battlefield, a Brother's Duty: Umbra of the Oligarchs on the main monitor anymore. Karen is feeding them lines to say over voicechat to the other players and I'm tired of hearing little kids and fat people...sorry Avi...swearing at them. HEY THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN 'WHO'S THE CUNTY-SOUNDING BITCH IN THE BACKGROUND' YOU LITTLE SHITSTAIN!? I'M GOING TO FUCK YOUR MOM IN THE ASS WITH A TROWEL, A FUCKING TROWEL!" You wince at the abrupt elevation of volume as Miles yells at someone. Given the apparent proximity of a headset, you'd guess that Miles is playing simgames too.

[Go back to the ship]
[Endure, Miles!]

>[Endure, Miles!]
We got other shit to do, tell the countess we'll talk to her when we get some free time

>[Go back to the ship]
Ffffff.. this is going to be one of those days, isn't it? May as well see what she wants, prepare the coffee, headache meds, and best of queen.

Where did everybody go?

You'll be doing that with Karen. She mentioned at one point wanting to do it with you.

>[Go back to the ship]
We understand, Miles. Friends don't let friends have to watch others play Call of the Battlefield, a Brother's Duty: Umbra of the Oligarchs, when the prequel was far better.

Already voted. I do think we should head abck to the ship anyways just to check in on the crew and the machines. Also gives us an incentive since we can talk to Karen about the Kaiser as well.

[Go back to the ship]

Well, Al Capone did get busted for tax evasion

"I liked the prequel better." You mention, "It had better stealth and less emphasis on gunplay."

"It's a fucking simshooter, Dude, it's all about gunplay." She sighs disgustedly, "Why did you even play that one?"

"Because I could sneak up on people and the neck-snapping was really good." You explain yourself solemnly.

"You and Richard are savages. He won't touch Umbra because they nerfed his precious multimissile pack, can you believe that shit?" She growls.

"It sounds completely reasonable to me. At any rate, try to win until I get there." You reply calmly, flagging down a red-and-pink hovertaxi. The taxi takes you to a shuttlebay, where you take a shuttle to the Rhinehawk.

The first ominous thing you see, inside the ship's mechbay, is one of those clumsy but big Avalonian mecha being secured into a rack. It looks as though it landed in a hurry and the pilot didn't bother to follow proper procedure. The cockpit is open, too, and the liftwire is down.

[Continued]

That was mostly because the police couldn't find anything concrete to charge him with, I don't think Haman will have have that problem with us

Dear god, this woman must be thirsty.

That's an understatement.

I think it may be due to Clemmy stealing her mech's head and drills. What karen is doing with them, we will have to find out.

Since were just about the Char of this universe I have to wonder, is there a Johnny Ridden out there?

I would not wish that fate on anyone. It would be like becoming the Luigi to our Mario. Overshadowed by everything we do and not known at all.

It feels weird, thinking that this giant bay full of mecha belongs to you. On its own, the Rhinehawk is more than powerful enough to take over a colony. Backed up by your entire fleet...your mind spins a little, just trying to imagine what you could do that wouldn't be either ridiculous overkill or suicidal (like trying to fight a planet).

Surreptitiously, you take a moment to just soak in the sight of all those ranks of Bluegills and Harpies in racks. It feels good. Still, you can't put off whatever nonsense is going on now forever, so you descend the liftwire and set off to find your guest.

It isn't hard. She's stomping around the mechbay in her armored pilot suit, yelling out "ROWARC!" and looking angrily impatient. Fortunately for her, you're hard to miss, she spots your orange mane and bulls her way through the crowd, employing her elbows and the sheathed sword at her side a bit too liberally for politeness. "Rowarc! This is...this is monstrous! Unprecedented! These scum...these scum have robbed me further! I demand the return of mon property and that the offenders be flogged! Zis is disgraceful, mon duckling, I am NOT supposed to be treated like this!" She stomps her foot. "It was that one!" she points insistently at the S-Flowerhorn, which currently looks to be undergoing some sort of work or repairs from the removed panels on its head, "That stupid-looking, repulsive thing! It beat up my men-at-arms and stole parts from mon precious Anseis!"

[Continued]

The worst part is every girl probably thinks he's Roarke

Who's Johnny Ridden?

That's... That's what we do... We're pirates. I stole you. So you are mine. She stole your drones so it's hers.

A zeon pilot who was going to marry Kycilla, his nickname was the Crimson Lightning

"Heeey~ You're not talking about my mech, are you~?" The devil in white steps out from the shadow of the Flowerhorn. She's still in her uniform. Crisp, white, a UJCIDF Lieutenant's attire down to the rank pins on her collar.

"Roarkey, you're home~ Back with your Clemmy~" She sashays dangerously over to you and gives you a big hug. Her voice is at almost unbearable levels of sweetness, "I knew my husband wouldn't be able to stay away for long~" She giggles, kissing your cheek.

You hear the Countess' teeth grind together, "Husband? You...you Jovian s-scum...you stupid Gas Knight, thinking YOU with YOUR inferior genetics are the one fit to be with this man!?" Then she remembers what she was angry about, "Where are mon drills!? Where is mon Anseis' visage most charming!?"

"Darling, you love me a lot, don't you? Just like I love you?" Clemmy presses a fingertip against your chest, rubbing it in a circular shape while she gazes demurely into your eyes. She's being cute, but you can sense what's bubbling up below, flashes of intensity in her voice as she continues, "You want me to be strong, right darling? To be the very best girl I can be, right?"

>[Right!]
>[Hold on now...]

>It doesn't matter who strong you get I love you just the way you are

>>[Right!]
>>[Hold on now...]

Implying we have a choice when Clemmy is this cute.

Well nice to she our special girl is embracing the pirate lifestyle, with both hands no less.

I'm not sure if I'm more proud or aroused...

Oh shes been embracing a pirate with both hands alright

Quests go in /qst/

Don't you have anything better to be doing with your life?

>>[Right!]
You being strong and capable is important, both to support everyone and yourself, though I would like to know what exactly you have planned with those parts.

I wonder who was the warden the Flint seduced? My money's on Cima

It's good to see that she's getting the hang of being a pirate.

"Of course! Hold on, you're already strong, and you're already my special girl, what's this all about? I've told you before, I love you just the way you are." You put an arm around her waist and she drapes herself against you.

You don't need any kind of empathy to see Countess le Kennedy bite her lip as she stares at Alice Clementine Farragut, or notice the way her arms tremble with rage. She's not being quiet, it's just that she hasn't found words expressive enough to shape this swell of insane anger boiling up inside her.

"I know~ But I could be even better. Real love involves pushing yourself, that's just a fact. You rescued me, I ran away for you, we both pushed and pushed across space until we were together. I could make my Flowerhorn stronger, Roarkey~ I could keep up with you even better~ It's not about beating Red Siren no matter what Karen says, it's about wanting to be useful to you." Clemmy leans close and whispers in your ear, "Ten swords, Roarkey~ A Flowerhorn with ten swords~" She smiles, the breath hissing between her teeth with excitement. "Do you like it? Because I like it. Karen likes it too, she says it's invaluable to her research."

"You...you swindling little serf...you obnoxious bitch of an alleycat...my mech was built by the Lady herself, its weapons are holy relics and you simply TOUCHING them is an insult that demands blood." She glares from Clemmy to you, "Monsieur, have you no honor? I yielded in good faith, and for mon ship, mon personage, and mon Strider you shall be paid handsomely, why are you letting your whore defile that which is most precious to me?"

>[Side with Clemmy]
>[Side with Loriette]
>[Side with neither]

>>[Side with Clemmy]
>Were pirates we'll take what we want. Besides I'm not greedy, the exorbitant amount your worth will be more then enough

>>[Side with Clemmy]
... Im really having a hard time liking Lori, that said we can probably have karen return the parts after she studies them.

Didn't we tell her we were keeping her ship and equipment and only ransoming her and her crew?

On another note, I kinda want a Mecha-Shiva suit to show up.

I'm feeling it too user, if shes going to stay shes going to need an attitude adjustment. Any Greenmen massacres or human mass graves we can show her?

>[Side with neither]
"You know you will probably be getting the things back right when our techs figure out how they work?"
"Also Earlier you said that you took a trophy off of an enemy officer correct, i must ask madam have you no honour?"

>[Side with neither]

My lady you must remember that first and foremost I am a pirate.

I promise your parts will be returned to you in pristine condition, but only after my people have had a chance to study them.

After all it's not everyday we're graced with such a masterful display of exotic weaponry.

A pirate must grab any advantage he can, you understand?

(Something like that, but way better said because Roarke is nothing if not a masterful swindler.)

Loriette is kind of her own thing, where it's up to you whether you like or dislike her or agree or disagree with her ideals. If she was immediately acceptable to everyone I'd be doing my job very poorly, so rest assured all of her behavior is intentional.

...as is all of Clemmy's, and Karen's.

>[Side with Clemmy]
"sorry, Miss, but Honor is not one of my virtues. However, If the two of you wish to settle this matter on your own I would have to insist on non lethal means."

>M'lady

Roarke isn't a fedora-wearer.

I figured as much, we'll figure something out. I can see her potential as part of the group but some work needs to be done to get there.

So, important question: where is the boxing ring and how soon can we set up a fight?

Now that I think about it, are multiple full scale arms a viable thing in this system? One Mech with 4 as and a different melee weapon in each would be cool.

Put it this way, consider all of the things that were affected by seducing Clemmy. People died who would not otherwise have died, and people lived who would not otherwise have lived. Loriette is a similar case, only the effects will likely be more obvious and jarring, and a lot of these small decisions now will shape her overall attitude towards Roarke in the long run.

>Boxing
What are you gay user Mud wrestling is the superior choice

You think I would purposefully class such a fine gentleman with those degenerate filth mongers?

How dare you sir, I demand satisfaction.

Quests go in the Quest Board.

With who? The Rhinehawk has rooms for sparring, it wouldn't be hard to set up some ropes around one of the rings there.

man i wish i had a copy of Mekton Zeta with me, then i could stat all these giant robots.

>>[Side with neither with a slight preference to Clemmy]
As is, your surrender did include your ship and equipment, and we would have taken a look at the schematics of your machine to figure things out and improve our own fleet. If you are willing, we can repair the machine as a bit of a peace offering, but remember that we are being curtious. As for Clemmy, she did take good initiative and interest, but as Captain, a bit of notice beforehand can help. Key part of negotiations is that all sides are happy.

In the end, her machine parts will be returned to her after a good look, and we can use the weapons of her subordinants could work for her swords in the mean time. I have absolute faith that our mechanic can do the job with precision and care(and then we go to a scene where Karen is laughing and clubbing the mech's head with her wrench)

2-2 between Clemmy and Neither, any lurkers want to break the tie?

Nevermind, we had a tiebreaker literally a minute before I posted.

>>[Side with neither]

>[Side with Clemmy]

well, Kennedy's about to demand satisfaction and Clemmy wants a fight, so I figured giving them an open space to throw down would be for the best. Hopefully with supervision, so they kill each other.

>>/qst/

>Trial board

>Use it so it survives

Nah.

How about use it because questfags are cancer and we don't need endless circle jerks about your fox person waifus?

Dont bother answering back, user. Guys like these are baiting trolls.

Jesus man, just report them, don't answer

Fun Fact: Quests are allowed on Veeky Forums. Telling Quests to leave is not. It's a bannable offense really.

"About that." You decide to nip this particular line of inquiry in the bud, "We're keeping your ship and the mecha onboard."

"Not the Anseis, you are not! I will DIE before I give up mon Paladin magnifique to...to anyone, no matter how charming!" Her angry expression cracks a little, for a moment it sounds as if she's on the verge of tears.

"The parts for your mech will be returned to you. I'm sure my personal mechanic is treating them with utmost care." You reassure her. You're trying to stay neutral even if you aren't particularly keen on anyone calling Clemmy a whore. She's your girl, you've fought for her, you'd bleed to keep her smile safe. She definitely knows how you feel, because she would unhesitatingly do the same for you and you both know it.

"...Whoops." Karen remarks, from elsewhere, as sparks fly and she stares down at the dent her power wrench just made. She laughs and shrugs it off, "That's just part of the miracle of technological advancement, can't make chicken without breaking eggs!"

"...However." You continue, "We're pirates. We aren't knights, we aren't members of the military, and it's standard operating procedure to study and replicate interesting technology to use with our own machines. So while I guarantee your mech will be intact again soon, we need those parts right now."

Clemmy sticks her tongue out at Loriette and waggles her bottom triumphantly at her, "Ten swords~"

[Continued]

You might go to a very nasty afterlife for unleashing this one-woman genocide on the galaxy, but you want to see this.

"I'll be able to trash any stupid Paladin these traitors to humanity can come up with~" Clemmy's grin widens even further.
What she's doing isn't so much smiling, however, it's that thing predatory animals do when they're baring their teeth in preparation to bite.

You expect the Countess to explode, but she doesn't. She just looks at you, her eyes large and damp, her hands tightening as if gripping a skirt that isn't there due to her armored pilot suit, "Rowarc...is all of this...am I hearing it right? This woman, she is your wife-"

"Yes." Answers Clemmy, immediately.

"...she is your wife, and while you...you flirted with me and I was most distracted, she stole pieces of my most beloved possession, my sword and steed, my legs, to use against my own people? With your permission?" Her voice becomes steadily more and more quiet, her face a tight, drawn mask over her feelings.

>[Yes]
>[No]

>use against my own people
Only the ones that get in our way
Also we only found out about it now. But more or less
>[Yes]

>>[Yes]
well were still planning the wedding, and she's not alone in that regard either.

>>[No]

>I didn't plan it that way, but yes thats what ended up happening. But that doesn't mean I don't mean it when I flirt with people. To make it up to you how about I take you out to dinner? I'm sure Clemmy and my other wives won't mind

>[No]

It's not technically accurate and I feel like this is a smile protecting decision.

>>[Yes]
She's my wife, yes. Distracted you so she can steal your mech parts? No, It just happened that way. In fact, I was here because I wanted to spend more time with you, I just now found what shenanigans my wife(wives?) has been up to,

"No not with my permission"

It isn't that simple really. You might have noticed, but we use machines that we've taken or repurposed from navy units. We don't destroy perfectly good machines. As for using it on your own people? Well, as is we will be using it on everyone. Navy or Avalon, if they cause trouble for us, we'll use what we can to survive and as is, the war as a whole isn't something we're too happy with.

As for Wife? Well, we do have to get that wedding to make it official.. and get so many wedding dresses for them.

Remember, guys, this will have consequences.

>We and my other girlfriends haven't formally married yet - if you are still in my custody, I would be honored to have you attend. That being said, her stealing your parts was NOT some degenerate scam on my part - she acts as she sees in my best interest. In honestly, I can't blame her - your Anseis is truly a marvelous piece of work. Tell me, how do you prefer to use the drills....

>[No]
But I would have done it anyway

And then mail out all the invites come up with a Honeymoon idea, decide what foods were having, are we getting six one cakes with a topper for each girl or one giant one with a topper of all of us. Its going to be a nightmare to plan

>[No]
Countess, may I call you Lori? I assure you that this was no way planned. I legitimately enjoyed our time together and was hoping we could talk more. However my wives were over eager about your mech, seeing your effectiveness in battle. Let me tell you, out of all the pilots I have fought so far in my Kaiser, only you have been able to push me to the limits. They simply wanted to know a few of your mecha tactics.

Let's appeal to her and have them bond over mecha shit.

20 foot tall cake for enough for ALL crews. Holographic cake topper projecting life-sized images of Roarke and girls on a cycle.

Honeymoon is us raiding a casino space station somewhere, taking it over and gambling for awhile. We rob patrons, then use their cash to buy amenities for everybody on the station. Kind of a "the real pirate experience" honeymoon.

"Partially." You reply, as smoothly as you can.

Loriette's right eyebrow twitches, "Partially?"

"Partially." You confirm. "Yes, she will be my wife soon. I promised to marry all of my girlfriends recently, and she's definitely a special one. Yes, she stole pieces of your Anseis while I was SINCERELY and wholeheartedly flirting with you. It wasn't planned, and she didn't have my permission, but we're pirates and this is how we get the mecha and technology to do what we do. Which, by the way, we do to everyone. Based on location alone, these weapons are more likely to be turned against the system's authorities than Avalon."

Clemmy hmphs at this, but stays momentarily quiet as you give her a warning squeeze.

"Anyone who comes after us will suffer the power of this fleet. We're on our own side, we're not anyone's dogs." You look her in the eye and smile, "I like you. I really enjoy our time together and was hoping we could talk more. You're the first person in a very long time to ever push me as hard as you did in battle, I think that might be part of the reason for the theft...Clemmy can be a little overprotective and like you she respects strength. She was trying to learn from you, right Clemmy?"

Clemmy grunts, looking annoyed.

>[Roll Cool+Fast Talk & Persuasion, 1d10+14, you may UNILATERALLY decide how much luck to spend without asking your fellow players. First come, first served]

Rolled 2 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

please roll good thunderbird

Rolled 6 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

toss in 5 luck for this,

Rolled 3 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Throw four luck behind this

Rolled 3 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Rolled 8 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

5 luck

why the hell would you say 'please roll good' for someone else and then decide to roll for yourself when this is a first come thing?

Shit this might be the first persuasion we failed