MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Colorless is (not) a color edition

Previous thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reanimating-khan/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grand-fuckmaster-augustin-iv/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heavy-is-the-head-that-wears-the-miter/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-08-16-YPz-sultai-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-8-9-16-copy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/low-end-theory/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-dementia-master-of-dementia/
humoropedia.com/best-comebacks-n-funny-insults/
magidex.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR TRON IS ARCHETYPE OF PEACE

>5 must answer artifact and enchantment spells cast a turn

Wtf kinda meta do you have?

Shit, wrong general. Sorry!

Looking for feedback on Alesha Reanimator. I'm looking for ways to better fill my graveyard, so I don't necessarily need to hardcast my expensive 2 power creatures in order to use them.

I'm also just looking for general feedback. Is there anything you see that is just not good for the strategy, or could be replaced with a better card. I do have a Stoneforge Mystic, should I put that in to tutor for my select few artifacts?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reanimating-khan/

Lightning greaves
Swords
Darksteel plate for protection

Wheel effects for discard and draw
Wheel of fortune
Magus of the wheel etc

You could look into repeatable discard outlets like zombie infestation, necromancer's stockpile, trading post, and call the bloodline. There are also creature based ones like cryptbreaker. SOI and EMN have more but they tend to be pricier to cast like markov dreadknight.

I'm working on a D&T/hatebears deck with GAAIV at the helm. I know he's better as a hardcore stax deck, but I already have a stax deck and I wanted to try something a little bit different. The game plan is pretty much the same as any D&T deck, fucking with opponent's tempo rather than just locking them out of the game entirely (which while possible, is not the main strategy). I'm looking for anything critical I've missed, so long as it isn't too expensive ($20 or less unless absolutely necessary).

Here's my decklist: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grand-fuckmaster-augustin-iv/

The 2 cost rocks are there to enable a T3 GAAIV, and are pretty much expendable after that. Creatures are preferable to other card types, since I run so many Thalia effects. I've tried running Back to Basics with all basic lands, but the mana was too unreliable. I haven't tried it with the current manabase, is it worth it?

Why GAAIV and blue over Gaddock Teeg and green?

Running all the swords seems like it doesn't really help my gameplan. Wheel effects definitely though. Just not sure what ones to be looking out for. Magus of the wheel, surely. And it comes in the precons, which I own.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Wheel effects are great and all, but it would be good to just cash in the cards for some effect before reusing them with Alesha. Thanks for the suggestions. Anything you think that I should think about cutting? I definitely think Mirran Crusader just isn't impactful enough.

While we are in the topic of mardu, what are peoples opinions on the dash mechanic in EDH? Avoiding sorc speed removal and board wipes seems pretty nifty and there are some nice utility creatures out there than can dash in, proc an etb effect then dash out for next turn

Reforge the Soul.

Would anyone be kind enough to show me some effective Daretti lists that aren't MLD or hardcore stax decks that just lock down the board with Winter Orb+Static orb+etc?

Here's my list I haven't updated in awhile. The major changes are less board wipes and more robutts.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heavy-is-the-head-that-wears-the-miter/

Viable/Fun Multiplayer Geist of Saint Traft.

How?

>Same response as last thread when you asked the same question

Mostly because I'm hipster scum when it comes to deckbuilding and Gaddock Teeg and Anafenza are the first commanders that come to mind when hatebears is brought up. Blue gives me land hate like Sunder and Mana Vortex, card advantage (Jace's Archivist is sweet when you play spells 3x faster than the rest of the table), and bounce, which obviously works well with tax effects. From the list I looked at green provided mana dorks, tutors, and artifact/enchantment hate. The only thing I feel I'm really missing out on is tutors, since GAAIV helps with mana, and UW has plenty of artifact/enchantment hate.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-08-16-YPz-sultai-edh/
Deck help pls, commander undecided but you get the theme, any suggestions on cards for in/out

Consider High Priest of Penance?

There are only 4 sultai commanders, 2 are reanimator effects, that leaves the dragon and damia, the dragon does nothing except let you have BUG so really it only leaves damia

Interesting. What are your usual wincons?

Who is the best BW prison commander?

>There are only 4 sultai commanders
>Vorosh
>Damia
>The Mimeoplasm
>Sidisi
>Tasigur

You missed one.

Revamping my manabase in a list:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-8-9-16-copy/

Which two lands would you cut?

I'd cut sewer nemesis. If you're using it to get your stuff into the graveyard I think there are more reliable ways of doing it especially if you can't see the top of your library. Thief of blood seems like a meta call. Same with behind the scenes. Noosegraf mob, while it looks fun, seems to be more on the slower and reactive side. Lightning helix seems kinda low impact. If you want removal I'd consider path to exile or lightning bolt before it if only to cut down on the costs.

I'm also getting the feeling that you either need more ways to make your tokens dangerous (like ankle shanker) or to take advantage of them for other things (like goblin bombardment). Karmic guide and reveillark would be good additions but as you've probably noticed it's easier to suggest things to add than things to cut.

Barren moor and tranquil thicket, you dont have enough lands as it is so you wont be cycling them they are pretty much a forest and swamp that come into play tapped

Ankle Shanker is a nonbo with Alesha, which is why I eventually cut it. It costs too much for me to really want to cast it, and bringing it back with alesha just makes it a bear that can be blown up before I untap. it is something to consider, though. Maybe I'll put it back in regardless of its usefulness for the Reanimator plan. And Noosegraf was more of just a way of pulling a 5/5 out of the graveyard with Alesha. I wasn't really planning on using it's ability too much. These are all good suggestions though. I'm just trying to explain why I did or didn't add something in.

I was thinking of using Bombardment to make use of the tokens, but they were more of a backup plan to just go wide, and grind out value with etb triggers if I couldn't get MoC through.

Thanks. The hope is that all the mana dorks will let me ramp pretty quickly anyway.

I used to run dash, but I've found it totally fucks your curve. Lightning Berserker is good, heelcutter can be nifty, but with most of them you would rather have them stay on the field than return to your hand because you need something to block. That 3 mana guy you just dashed costs 4 to play, leaves you with no blocker, and puts you a creature behind in early turns when dash is generally better. Not to mention they can be blocked and killed normally. Like I said, some are nifty, most aren't worth it.

OG Teysa probably.

You should consider some Artifact/Enchantment removal that you can reanimate, like Felidar Cub/Kami of Ancient Law/Keening Apparition/Ronom Unicorn and Reckless Reveler/Torch Fiend. Sacrificing them as part of the cost makes them even easier to reanimate and makes sure they'll never destroy your own permanents. Garza's Assassin is also useful, even though the Recover can screw you. If you're concerned about blockers, Dauthi Jackal could be useful too.

Caller of the Pack or Living Hive for a Xenagod Beats deck?

Living Hive. The power boost from Xenagod won't get copied by the Myriad; if you were wanting "Big dumb thing that swings at everyone" Hydra Omnivore fulfills effectively the same purpose for 1 less mana and 2 more ass.

Such a fat ass

I already have Omnivore in the deck. Just deciding between those two.

Doesn't Xenagod's ability trigger at the start of the combat, so Myriad can still legitimately copy the creature, including its current P/T?

Doesn't matter. If you attacked with a Caller of the Pack that had 10 +1/+1 counters, a Sword of Light and Shadow, and was enchanted with Flight, your copies would be 8/6s with Trample, Myriad, and no other abilities.

Mostly through beating face with large men. My meta frowns on infinite combos so the lack of interaction is less of a big deal.

Oh hey, I was close. It's $700:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/low-end-theory/

Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I was mostly concerned with spot removal that I forgot about dealing with artifacts and enchantments! Those would really fuck me, especially RIP or Relic.

I'm real interested in Xenagod, but traditionally I play more reactive or control-y style decks in TCG. How hard is it really to be super aggressive in EDH, in what're typically four player games around here? I'm not sure how quickly I'll become enemy #1 and the like. It looks like ramping hard and drawing often are vital to his game, so you can get more beaters into play as you inevitably eat removal and counterspells.

>more beaters
No. Go big, not wide. Overextending is your worst enemy. Xenagos strongly supports that strategy. Focus on 5-7cmc creatures, preferably with evasion, so that you curve into them a turn after casting Xenagos.

As for whether you'll be focused down, it depends on your playgroup. A hyper competitive meta will just laugh and beat you before you get Xenagos down, but in a casual meta your deck will dominate. Xenagos has a reputation for killing players out of nowhere so expect some hate. Aggressive strategies are weak in multiplayer, but Xenagos makes it more manageable.

Run a decent amount of ramp (ideally you want Xenagos out on turn 3/4), some extra combat phase cards like Seize the Day or Savage Beating, and some card draw like Hunter's Insight or Greater Good.

Thanks for the tips/corrections.

source?

No problem. I dismantled my Xenagos deck after awhile because of how repetitive and linear it is, but goddamn if it isn't a hoot to draw 36 cards off of Hunter's Prowess on Atarka, World Render.

If you wanted you could include Aggravated Assault (use this anyway) and Savage Ventmaw for infinite combat turns, but I personally dislike infinite combos.

>there are people who sleeve their commander decks

What do you play now, just out of curiosity?

>Swing with Caller of the Pack
>Pump 1 to 16//14
>End of combat sac all tokens to Greater Good
I'll let you decide

Chainer MBC, Daretti robutts, Tasigur super happy fun time (group hug/group slug/control), and Dralnu control. I too am a control/grindy player, so I have a tendency to get bored with proactive, aggressive strategies. Xenagos was the most fun I had with an aggro deck in EDH, though.

Oh yeah, I can still sac the myriad tokens after they dealt damage.

I'll obviously go with Blightsteel Colossus

Nice. How's Chainer been? I thought he looked pretty cool.

>there are people who don't doublesleeve everything.

>there are people whose hands are so small that they need to leave decks unsleeved in order to shuffle them
And you know what they say about men with small hands.

So what's EDH gen working on tonight? I'm slowly working on updating my decks on to tapped out and trying to stop myself from making Braids too much like a control deck. Also post 'em!

He's a blast. It's a kinda stereotypical big mana control deck, but it combines my love of big splashy plays and being able to dictate the pace of the game. Once I got to live the dream of resolving Myojin of Night's Reach and Oblivion Stone on the same turn. Everyone just scooped instantly. Here's my list if you're curious:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-dementia-master-of-dementia/

I want to make a Yoshikage Kira/Killer Queen themed commander deck.

What colors would Kira be? I'm thinking BWR or some form of BWx.

Izzet.

Explosions and Time Travelling.

>Not sleeving cards out of binders/fat packs with at least those super cheap all-plastic sleeves that you can get for like $12 for 1000

Also can someone explain the purpose of double sleeving? If one sleeve isn't enough protection for you then at that point you should probably just be using proxies for your super-expensive cards

Mono blue

I'm sitting on a bunch of goil generals, trying to figure out which to build, here'd what I've got:
>Foil Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
>Pros
Most morph foils are super cheap, almost entire deck will be foil for cheap
>Cons
Only wincons are really going wide or Brine Elemental combo

>Foil Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
>Pros
Fun, powerful strat, variety of hatebears make it effective vs combo
>Cons
Swords of X and Y are expensive

>Prerelease Gisa and Geralf
>Pros
Never had a proper GY deck, seems fun and powerful. Fleshbag Marauder abuse.
>Cons
Going wide with zombies every game might get boring, this is why I've never made a tribal deck

>Foil Greel, Mind Raker
>Pros
Mind Twist on a stick, nuff said
>Cons
Whomever gets twisted first will get salty, I think this will cause problems

Throw in some board wipes and fog effects too.

Live a quiet life.

If you double sleeve correctly it seals air out of the inner sleeve, protecting foils and keeping dust from sliding in.

Same fucking shit every fucking thread fuck off with your fucking double sleeving fucking proxy fucking bullshit you fucking cunt FUUUUUUUUUUCK

>infinite combos are fucking stupid
>we play lower power decks here
>hold on while I make 40 power worth of creatures every turn even

This is the only meta I can play with right now.

>combo out after holding back for forty fucking minutes
>get bitched at
>decide to play my low power deck
>have to sit there while this guy shits out 20 tokens a turn playing Meren

I'm going crazy.

Brazil

i dont understand what youre saying

maybe when you have an infinite combo in play, dont mention that its infinite, just resolve each of the iterations individually until you win

i dont see how they can complain about you making a series of legal plays in a row to win when they are doing the same thing

infinite combos only feel bad when somebody plops some cards on the table and declares themselves the victor and you dont even know why

My train of thought is too convoluted for greentext so deal with it.
Basically, my playgroup has a very shitty philosophy when it comes to on-board tricks/disruption. I.E. The combo player is sitting on one side of the table about to go off soon, and another player who has a Null Brooch with activation available out of his line of site. I casually mention to said player that I'm thankful he has that as a safety valve. The combo player realizes it's on the field, and plays accordingly.
Now, within the minute of johnny combo hearing me, the entire rest of the table gets PISSED that I brought it up. They believe you shouldnt point out things, even if another player cannot (literally) see it.

Am I in the wrong here? Do you point on disruption, or other things that players dont see and may be playing into, like when someone forgets a creature has reach/trample?
Am I the bad guy?
>mfw

Not much at the moment. Just waiting for tomorrow evening to test a new deck to see how it'll play out.

Also, I need to update the attached image. There have been a few tweaks to my meta, but nothing too crazy.

I think it's unfair to any player not to be able to see every other boardstate, though I have to question how many players you're playing with, I found the sweet spot is 3-4.

I'm so sorry user, you're trapped in the land of Goodstuff, home of Value. Build Stax

Public information is public information and never wrong to point out. If your friends get salty over that, tell them to git gud and pay more attention.

Agreed. But some days we have 5-6 and its hard to see the board states to your far left or far right. Damn do I wish my LGS had round tables

Its pretty shitty to point out stuff blatantly to other players, most of the time they are not mindless retards (unless they are actuall retards) play your own game not other peoples games, id get pissed if people would try to tell me what to play and probably just let the combo player win to spite you for being shitty

Retards can usually learn to read. Can you?

I feel like abusing the fact the tokens have myriad. maybe doubling season?
or doubling season plus breath of fury?

Read carefully

>a Null Brooch with activation available out of his line of site

I can read just fine, you asked for opinions if people would get salty if you pointed out the boardstate to people who in most cases are totally aware of it, i gave my opinion that its a shitty thing to do to try and play other peoples games, you dont need to agree with my opinions thats what makes it an opinion, now you are salty because you have a differing opinion, just because you 'think' you are a special snowflake is doesnt mean people cant poo-poo on your parade

TLDR get some glasses if you cant see 3 feet in front of you

>cast gitaxian probe on combo player
>tell the board he has the combo in his hand
Its ok bro the cards were out of everyones sight :^)

I'm not the author of that post, I was just pointing out the irony of someone who can't read calling someone else a retard.

Retard.

Someone help me decide, please?
In the meantime, I'll tell a story

>Playtesting Ixidor online
>Game is down to me and a Jarad guy
>He casts Diabolic Revelations for 4
>Flip Mischievous Quanar
>Copy
>Find Brine+Shapeshifter Pact of Negation and Stifle
>Pact his copy before it resolved
>Untap and Stifle Pact trigger
>Brine Elemental Stasis lock him out

>Veeky Forums in charge of reading comprehension

Aww man, I really do love Ezuri. He does everything I love in a commander. Is he truly stuck at being non-competitive?

The irony with your statement is i was calling everyone else at the table a retard not the poster, but you would have had to read and comprehend that

Considering that's basically your only realistic win con I would guess Ixidor would get old quick. Same with 8 1/2, and Greel is just shitty. So, I say Gisa and Geralf. You could build it as aggro, combo, whatever.

Yes? That's perfectly fine.

I know the feeling, just play your deck and dont give a fuck. If they dont want you to have fun playing your way they just dont want to play against you.

It doesn't matter who you were calling a retard if you literally missed the original author's use of literally, you literal retard.

Yeah, the guy who owns Newzuri doesn't play very often. I think Newzuri would be a fun legendary creature to build around, but we'll never see anything new with him in our meta.

He kind of reminds me of a toned down Edric, in that he encourages a weenie/wide strategy that can also combo off. I like him, though playing him would mean succumbing to playing UGx, and I don't want /EDH/ to bully me.

Oh but it does matter, i didnt misread the OP i pointed out regardless of the board state he should be a card nazi then you chime in (and admit) your reaction was based on my calling of OP a retard when i was clearly calling everyone but OP a retard and now you say "oh but the facts dont matter" how left wing do you have to be where you believe that if someone doesn't agree with you and/or points it out that you can justify your actions and reponses accordingly based on "i dont care if im wrong because i said so"

Id still like to continue this conversation but im just about to get in the car, i will eagerly await your reply when i get back home

I just love how easily his counters ability can be abused. Pic related. It's really susceptible to removal sure but man is it juicy. Plus that card draw with Fathom Mage mang.

Apparently it didn't post image.

>your reaction was based on my calling of OP a retard
Can you really not understand that I was calling you a retard because your post misrepresented what happened?

>left wing
Your /pol/ is showing.

>Id still like to continue this conversation but im just about to get in the car, i will eagerly await your reply when i get back home
I wouldn't. Enjoy your retardation, retard-san.

Quote your own post
>I was just pointing out the irony of someone who can't read calling someone else a retard.

In relation to my post
>to other players, most of the time they are not mindless retards
>other players
>not the poster
You see the problem here beause now you are changing your story after you were caught out

I also noticed you have used the same insult every post, do you not have other material? I did a quick google and came up with a few for you at the following site
humoropedia.com/best-comebacks-n-funny-insults/
Feel free to use one in your reply
Eagerly awaiting your response - Love user xxxooo

>Not using illusionist's bracers and rings of brighthearth to mind twist multiple people with Greel

Personally I'm leaning towards Gisa and Geralf. You don't just have the option of going wide with zombies. You could play a grindy game with smokestack and grave pact, combo out with rooftop storm, or even go tall with sacrificing zombies to fallen ideal.

So only people who can see through solid objects or around corners are not retarded?

Or do you just not understand what line of sight is?

You're either Kryptonian or a retard. Either way, I don't think anyone wants you here.

Hey all have people been trying magidex.com yet? I saw it over in the modern thread as a replacement for magiccards.info since whoever is running it seems to have stopped. Think it would be good to add to the OP copy pasta for next time?

ban worthy?

Nope.

any reasoning you'd care to share?

Nope.

It's a seven mana combo piece that sucks on its own. Games have to end somehow.

Sleever stretch over time and if there ends up something inside the sleeve, it can damage the card. If you're using proxies, might as well leave them unsleeved, since sleeves are worth more.
That said, I have only one deck double sleeved, which is my Ghave. Out of sheer laziness I haven't done it to my Hanna, which has cards like Serra's Sanctum and some other decks too.