Age of Sigmar General

403 KB JPG
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Flesh craft master race edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/
tga.community/forums/topic/2387-age-of-sigmar-open-day-new-models/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Rumors on this thread points to a "Allegiances of the Realms" soft cover book. This according to the rummors will update all existing factions with Allegiance Abilities, Command Traits, Artefacts and Lores. Anyone has heard of this???

FIRST FOR THE GREAT CORRUPTOR!

Holy sigmar I hope they do

>Has access to OP image gallery
>makes his own

>Lightning Strike: any unit with Allegiance Stormcast Eternal can be placed in the celestial realm instead of being set up normally. At the beginning of your turn the unit can be set up anywhere on the table at least 9" from any enemy units. This counts as their movement for the turn

Please tell me this isn't real

What does pestilens have?

>Bell of Victory
>in the combat phase, if this model slays one or more models, friendly Stormcast Eternal units within 6" may reroll failed save rolls until your next hero phase.

source?

So if you subscribe to WD by the 14th you get the 4 models for the first 4 editions?
Even GW's store page doesn't make it clear

Getting 4 "free" models is pretty tempting

>Symbol of Defiance
>if a save roll for this model is successful, this model gains one wound. It may exceed the starting wound total for this model but only to a maximum of five above the stat on this models warscroll.

>no source

cool story

random question from a non-AoS player: are Sigmarines locked in their armor? If not, why do they only have helmeted models? What do they look like without helmets?

There's a new model with no helmet. They just look like dudes.

No, they can remove their armor. Their face masks are what make them unique so that's why they're mostly shown in them. Although the Errant-Questor has his mask off.

>Warhammer world exclusive

>available first at Warhammer world

Is it one or the other?

That and frankly I wouldn't pay FW prices for that model but then again Stormcast solos already cost as much as FW

AOS general I need help! So I need a decision on bases for my Spiderfang Grots swarm. Please note these bases will get the odd grass tuft and big blobs of snow all over them to match my snow mat. I am leaning towards the nightshade wash.

I've seen Nuln Oil work pretty well for snow effects, especially with a white drybrush after.

Working on a Khornate themed list and models with some Brayherds, Warherds, Monsters and a Bloodthirster as the centerpiece. What do you guys think?

Pic related, my Lord of Chaos, just started working on him today. Needs a few more details picked out then highlights and I can finally wrap up with the base.

HEROES
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster - 360
Lord of Chaos - 100
Slaughterpriest - 100
Bloodsecrator - 120
Bloodstoker - 80

BATTLEINE
Chaos Warriors - 180
Gors - 160
Bloodreavers - 120

BEHEMOTH
Chimera - 240

OTHER
Chaos Knights - 200
Bullgors - 180
Mighty Skullcrushers - 160

TOTAL: 2,000/2,000

Looks fun. Why chimera?

Return of Bretonnia and Tomb Kings?

Are unique spells included in these books?

Hey guys, how should I build my Freeguilder Guard?

Swords, Spears or Halberds?

What are you working on this weekend AOS general?

I have been re-basing my Spiderfang grots and prepping the Aracharoks before my next club meet. This is about half the spider riders I have to do hah!

bloody hell didn't the attach pic

Great weapon General, Lance General on Horseback, some Handgunners and Guard.

Hoping to at least get through the two generals and some handgunners this weekend.

the meld in the colors is godly you should be proud.

Most people go with swords. Makes them a bit tougher so they can tarpit enemies long enough for your other units to blow them away.
Personally I like the look of hordes of spearmen.

If u make a new thread pls post it in the old one its so difficult on mobile otherwise :(

PS DAILY REMINDER POINTS SAVED AOS

Post the versions of those where the painter didn't go full retard with skin tone

I liked the native american one.

Pretty much any skin tone but WE WUZ KANGS works with that guy

Found it.

Working on my grey & red lizardmen, trying to get the red scales on the saurus to pop a little bit more (strangely on the skinks the same red looks fine, but on the saurus it's a bit flat). Also painting the ripperdactyls. I don't know why but I love those models.

The new rippers are the tits, if only I could make a army of flying lizards

Anyone got any good schemes on how to best paint green and cream quarters on brets/freeguild? Generally how to paint a good cream on black undercoat. Should I start with rakarth flesh and bone?

It's a shame there isn't an option for a skink chief on a ripper or terra in AOS. It'd be pretty shit as a general with low wounds/save and not much punch compared to other mounted generals, but would be fun.

Over a black undercoat I'd build up from a middle grey or brown before going onto rakarth flesh. Something like dawnstone maybe, it goes over black quite nicely but is probably light enough to work off.

Okay, a couple of threads ago, I ranted a bit about how the Lord of Plague isn't as imposing as the Blightkings. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do understand that without the Nurgle Lord's design, we wouldn't have the terrific Blightkings kit today, but that doesn't change the fact that the Lord looks less impressive and eye-catching as his underlings, so I set about righting that wrong. An user asked for pics, and here they finally are.

I first wanted to make him a bit taller and give him a more intricate base, so I clipped apart the scenic base he came with and transferred that over to a round base, worked that in with liquid green stuff and voila, now he's a millimeter taller.
Then I went about making him more eye-catching. As anyone who ever worked with clampack models knows, converting them is a pain in the ass as the pieces are divided differently. I thought that a simple weapon swap might make him more imposing and give him more character, so I gave mine a Kurnoth Scythe to show he's been busy rekking Alliralli's realm and since I paint my Hunters' weapons a bright blue it would also stand out from the crowd. I also did not change anything else about the model so the focus would be on the weapon.

I'm sorry if this got a bit bloggy and why yes, I did take the picture with a pumpkin.

>new Keeper of Secrets and Slaanesh minis

I want to believe.

So long as the KoS isn't as fuckhueg, expensive and impossible to transport as the Bloodthirster..

So, is anyone covering the Age of Sigmar Open Day at Warhammer World?

Looking good, he really does stand out. I might add a little bit of corruption to the scythe, maybe a greenish tint seeping away from where his hands hold it, to symbolise nurgle's corruption of the slyvaneth's lands.

None of these weapons will make them particularly dangerous in melee, so I'd always take swords. They will never be damage dealers, so the best thing they can be is meatshields for handgunners and for that you need sword and board.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought of something like that, too, maybe a spread-out, diluted Coelia Greenshade, but I'm worried I'd ruin the model with it, but maybe a little could work out, just a subtle change you'd need to look for to see.

You could always paint a bit of sprue offcut the same blue and experiment on that. I agree, especially with your general you don't want to make a mess.

Yeah, I just tried it out on the Revenant body I used to try out the blue color scheme. I think I know how I could have added that effect, but I'd need to repaint the entire scythe for it not to look like shit now, so yeah, maybe one day when I'm not a hack but have learned to paint.

>plastic Lord of change
>Tzeentch arcanites

gods i hope this is true

pics/link of the models?

I'd be quite happy to just have boxes of Kairic Acolytes, Tzaangors and Blue Horrors. Oh, and some Chaos Warriors with glaives riding on Screamers. Please? Maybe?

Rumors are pretty sure the first model is the Slaughterpriest with hackblade and wrath-hammer. The other three? No idea.
Just hope I can just walk into my local GW store and buy the WD with those models inside (so long as there are some left, obviously)

if they actually made screamer cavlary....

the rules for kairics weren't great imo but having some ranged would be nice. plus fluffy tzeentch army

if it isnt like the old white dwarf subscription models then i imagine it'll be on the cover, like the black reach terminator or stormcast from AoS release

Wouldn't surprise me if they're going half AOS and half 40k, which would mean only one more AOS mini.

It will be.

I'm hoping it will be anyway.

I think I'm just gonna stick with my Kingdom Death Wet Nurse mini.

Guys, lets talk greenskinz.
I noticed that all of the vanilla orcs and goblins are direct only from the webstore. All their models (save the boarboys and boss kit) are probably the oldest stuff that hasn't been squatted (although they still got a start collecting box). They as a faction are a little bland in comparison anyway.
Do you reckon they'll update or abandon them? My fear is that they'll be left to be as now, serving as a reminder of old times (O&G were quite popular) but not getting updated. I feel like they have been surpassed by their own subfactions (bonesplitterz, ironjawz, probably some cool moonclan revamp in the future) and thus do not serve any purpose. They are too generic for GW to continue methinks.

Ironjawz can't be the biggest and toughest Orruks without weedier ones to kick about.

That's very true. But that would put them in sort of a goblin role, which doesn’t suit them very well. Goblins are sneaky and fun, what's the appeal of orcs who are like ironjawz but not as strong/cool?

I do hope they update the old factions but fear that GW is trying hard to make all armies be their special take on fantasy, instead of going for fantasy archetypes. That wouldn't leave much room for the generic O&G.

So maybe codex grey - rakarth flesh - screaming skull for a nice whitish cream? Should I wash anything? It'd be going on cloth, shields and caparisons, quartered with a medium green, maybe warpstone green over dark angels green.

of course they are little bland considering one of the biggest things about O&G in fantasy was the diversity of their army list. now that GW chopped them into little pieces to milk more money they lost one of their defining factors.

They'll be back, user. As Forgeworld armies and redesigned, but they'll be back.

Next year, in fact.

>that
>full retard

user it looks fine. Honestly those cheeks actually look pretty shitty painted white or tanned, the model looks best Ethiopian.

There's some pics from the AOS open day here:
tga.community/forums/topic/2387-age-of-sigmar-open-day-new-models/

what the fuck is that thing?

Daemon prince. You don't need me to tell you which god.

Fimir wizard looks pretty cool though.

Slaanesh...?

No just kidding, it's Khorne. It's always Khorne.

>Shar'tor

laugh every time.

>Next year, in fact.
>in fact
Oh yes, along with Sisters and Squats, yeah?

They just made a Daemon prince of all things? should've been a giant Doombull, something for beastmen.

Do beastmen have anything in FW resin?

>Oh yes, along with Sisters and Squats, yeah?

No...?

Stop with Khorne, please. *sigh*

wtf I love Khorne now

I own a Chimera and always thought it looked nice with my beastmen. He has been a great hero/artillery assassin as well.

Going to finish my ripperdactyls

So ran into a quandary with a couple things from a game I played last night.

If you use a command ability of spell that reads as "Models withing X" of this model gain...", does the model using the ability also gain it? I'm used to that same sort of wording from Warmachine meaning it would effect itself as long as it would be legal. The command ability in question is the Slann Starmaster's.

"Gift from the Heavens: If a Slann
Starmaster uses this ability, Seraphon
units from your army that are within
10" of him are wrapped in a mantle of
Azyrite energy, allowing them to disregard
the natural laws that govern the Mortal
Realms. Until your next hero phase, those
units can fly and you can re-roll failed save
rolls for them in the shooting phase."

Second question is when doing attacks. When you pick your targets and make your attacks, are they all considered simultaneous until all of them are resolved on their respective targets?
Example in this case is, I have a 5 man unit of Saurus Knights. All 5 of them are engaging a Mournfang Rider. 2 of the 5 are also engaging 2 more Mournfang. If the 5 of them all attack the unit, and the Mournfang engaged by all 5 dies, but I haven't finished making my attacks, do I only get to attack with the 2 Knights still engaging, or do I continue making attacks with the whole unit, regardless of the target no longer being in their 1" melee range?

Under "Attacking", the way it's worded makes me assume I lose no attacks, because wounds are saved until all attacks are resolved. Is this correct?

looks nice!

>If you use a command ability of spell that reads as "Models withing X" of this model gain...", does the model using the ability also gain it?
Yes, as long as they qualify then they are affected.

Slann Starmaster has the SERAPHON keyword so he would benefit from his own command ability.

All attacks from a single unit are simultaneous and inflicting wounds to models happens after all attacks are carried out.

In your example, you would do all 5 Celestite weapon attacks, all 5 Jaw attacks, and all 10 Bite attacks, count the total damage inflicted, and then your opponent allocates that damage to the appropriate unit(s) you attacked.

You cannot remove a model in the middle of a group of melee attacks to deny additional melee attacks.

Damn but that thing looks fine. Infinitely disturbing, but fine.
Though I think it'd work better as a Great Unclean One in a Slaanesh-themed army, given that I can't really see this thing moving 14"

Yeah, can't have WD give out free minis without one of them being a shitty load-out Space Marine captain.
Though the rumors did say the new WD would be more AoS-centric, so maybe three of those 4 will be AoS..

They will absolutely, definitely not just be left as they are. I mean, currently, you pay the same for 10 Greenskinz as you pay for 10 Bonesplittaz. And the Bonesplittaz have twice the wounds. This will not stand for long. So they'll get at least a rules update. And hey, the Ironjawz turned from one unit into a full faction, so maybe there'll be a new Wyvern boss and some non-Black Orc Elite coming...

On the other hand, given that the Greenskinz Waaaghboss affects all ORRUK and not just his own faction, maybe they'll just get a tiny rule update and then be left alone as "that vanilla stuff".

Gentleman! I give you, MORE KHORNE!

What are Sky borne Slayers? I saw it mentioned in an earlier thread.

This time shall be different!

It's not different at all! Is it Steve!

So /aosg/ what's the best loadout for a 5 man squad of Judicators?

4 with crossbows, sarge with fancy bolt bow.

Set 'em up behind a solid Liberator wall and shoot everything in range.

Depends what you want them to do. Bows to reach across the board and shoot war machines and wizards, crossbows if you just want to back up your melee dudes in a brawl. Personally I use bows. Either way, you want the special bow on the prime. Leave the special crossbow at home.

>using a Cringedom Death mini for anything ever

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Anyone else getting Ultraforge vibes from this daemon prince?

>more khorne

>implying pic related looks at all better than this

You got a fucking source to back that up mang?

Yeah, new rules would be cool, just something to make them nicely playable. Perhaps more important they really need some new (or extra) fluff. They need a new niche instead of just being generic green gorilla hooligans. I think they currently only work in a mixed destruction force along the lines of the old WFB army, atm they are too small and simple to be an interesting faction (although they aren't alone in this problem, poor freeguilders).

What do you guys think about the common goblins though? Imo they need new models for everything but their heroes. Though they can be refluffed quite well as vicious nomadic maniacs, with a hint of eastern steppe that the current wolf riders have. That would mean ditching most warmachines, which opens them up for a scraplauncher-type chariot stone thrower. Which would be nice.

>where does that leave the regular orruk?

As fucking fodder in the great waaagh.

am I they only one who thinks its cooler for them to be literally empty shells of armour?
one of my early ideas for a unique lord celestant on dracoth was a headless guy robert strong/headless horsemen style

what exactly are the fimir?
everyones hyped for them and I dont have the first clue what they are

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need Soulcast Ethereals.

Seriously though, keep the empty shell armors in 40k.