Warhammer Fantasy General: Strigoi stronk Edition

Warhammer Fantasy General: Strigoi stronk Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy and The 9th Age products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Link to last thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741053231
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone tells me Dark Elf Executioners are better than Black Guard but they look like shit. How can I get around this, could I just stick Black Guard heads on them, what's the fluff behind the mask and will they die if I take them off?

It would be extremely painful.

But they have pretty big swords?

FOURTH FOR NAGASH, LEADER OF THE GREATEST OF FOUR FACTIONS

For you.

I'd call samefagging, but I like it.

Carry on.

It's not and in all seriousness I would like an answer to my original question.

If I had one I would include it in my previous shitpost, sorry. Looking into it to provide aid to the cause.

I also just realized I'm shitposting in the wrong thread, so I'll make up for it in kind.

Did some digging, and it appears that it must be of some religious significance. Executioners execute to Khaine in the name of Khaine, Through a very brief reading of Warhammer Wikis, and another image search of Khaine in kind, it appears that their mask is in likeness to the face of Khaine in some aspects.

If you're really looking for a lore reason why the Witch King's personal guard wears a religious execution mask, you could say that regiment of BG were not only powerful but religious. They dedicated all 19 of their tower-kills to Khaine, and as such don the Executioner mask.

Cheers but I meant the other way around, ie. Executioner rules and weapons but with Back Guard heads. I assume the weapon has no special significance since a sword isn't usually associated with executions, I guess the Black Guard have an armoury with more than halberds in it.

In that case, then yes it may be unable to be avoided using the heads already on the Executioners if you really want to stick to the fluff.

Honestly I can't find anything saying they MUST wear their helmets, so it could perhaps work out just fine. The weapons however are different- they use swords or axes (the Draich) depending on the preference of wielder.

In the end, perhaps your Executioners prefer to allow their offerings to see the face of Khaine with each killing, and they each use a variety of weapons in sending up their offerings to demonstrate the inexorable and multifaceted killing behind Khaine's power

Additionally, it may be the whole "you don't see the killer" aspect behind traditional executioners that is put into the feel for Dark Elf Executioners. But in that case, why would any self-respecting worshiper of Khaine be ashamed to reveal their face and demonstrate their ability to kill in honor of Khaine?

Dear man-things,

Your warlord, Karl FranzFranz, is very stupid and not very good at backstabbing. Dwarf-things (us) are much better at kill-kill and our breeders are much prettier. You will all squirt the musk of fear once we come down from the hill-hills, led by Thorgrim Grudgebearer, Horned Rat curse his name-name. The only way to stop us is by leaving as much warpstone as ratmanly possible outside of your sewer entrances in every city. We need this to defeat the most potent of potentates, the most illustrous of illustrouses, Grey Seer Thanquol, Horned Rat bless his great name--you would do well to erect monuments to him lest you incur his wrath. He is incredibly furry, handsome, and has a very long tail.

Sincerely,
Dwarf-things

Let's say the Empire was so amazingly retarded that they actually fell for this. What would the Skaven do with all that warpstone?

I want to castrate Beastmen.

I see nothing wrong in synonymous meme-ing.

You're doing God's work user.

D E U S V U L T
E
U
S

V
U
L
T

I think you're going to need a pretty big snipper.

But seriously, that's not going to do much. At best, you slightly decrease the beastmen population for a few years, but there's always going to be abandoned mutants or migrating herds to bring things back up to how they were.

You could make them Endless. They have silver skull masks and carry swords, but can be statted out as whatever you want.

Fluff wise, they are the hand picked warriors of the witch king, elites even among the elves. Gotrek Gurnisson could barely handle two of them, if that gives you an idea of how balls-out these guys are.

Thanks famalam. Dick-stabbing a Beastman to death is always a good thing in the eyes of Sigmar. Shame nobody draws any pics of Empire troops stabbing Beastmen in their filthy, evil groins (heck, even Fimir and Norscans getting a halberd or a sword to the bulge would be fine too).

More Beastmen coming means more to torture, neuter and burn on a stake/decapitate, which is good, for Beastmen (alongside Fimir and Chaos-corrupted humans) need to be spayed, neutered and slain like the filthy, heretical freaks they are.

Executioners = big sword
Black guard = halberd.

Thats pretty much the only thing you should adhere to, everything else you can toy around with as much as you can (and I agree, the new executioners look silly).

See if you can find the old ones with the mail-veils on ebay or something.

They don't even have that kind of warpstone. Worst that happens is they send a letter back to the dwarfs asking what the fuck that was all about, the dwarfs gets kissed and write a new grudge, and war breaks out

It's the latter. Or it was until Games Workshop forgot to take their pills and retarded the entire setting out of existence in a massive tide of grimdark and derp that makes 40k look like a slightly dreary morning.

Dick stabbing a norscan just nets you a broken weapon

Would you say overall WFB - pre-End Times - is less grimdark than 40k, or more grimdark, or just focused in different ways?

It's much, MUCH less grimdark. Don't get me wrong; it's still a dark and scary place, but the important thing is that there are alliances and co-operation and trade and friendship between the good races and power blocs. They unite for a common good, against a common enemy and they WIN.

Even though they do occasionally fight one another, full-scale total war is a relic of the past, given the constant threat of chaos, dark elves, orcs, undead, etc.

You don't want to go into the forest alone and unprepared, or mutants and beastmen might chomp you, but if you're say, an elf and you meet a human witch hunter, you know he's not about to set you on fire for just not being human and if you're in danger from a sudden beastman attack, he'd be the first to spring to your defense.

Was the warhammer world a HFY setting or a HFN setting? I've seen some people say it was about the common man triumphing over impossible odds, and others say humans were shit and owe everything to elves and dwarfs. Which is it?

Both, humans are dumb shits who can't figure out how to make not exploding boilers for tanks, dorfs and elves both left their days of glory in the past.

It's neither. There are humans and they do good things and mess things up regularily. Dwarves and elves do good things and sometimes fuck up, but they're declining races. Lizardmen seem to fuck up constantly, but apparently it's all according to plan. They're somewhat in decline, although they seem to have stopped falling down into obsolecence about three quarters of the way down.
Humans and other good factions are balanced in that they're neither perfect flawless dudes or dumb assholes. Just a bit of the two.

What the other anons said, but
>common man
Warhammer is NEVER about the common man, unless you're talking about WHRPG. it's about larger than life figures like Sigmar, Archaon, Nagash, Settra, Karl Franz and Giles Le breton shaping the world. The common man is there to make up the armies and fight and die by the thousands, but ultimately it comes down to the actions of the exceptional few. This also applies to elves and dwarfs.

is kickass down again or what? i need to find some novels but they are not in the mega or mediafire.

Owner was arrested and domain closed.

well fuck. i take it we don't have any other places with shit loads of warhammer novels other than the couple of megas and mediafires in op?

it's certainly not HFY, humans are their own worst enemy, and a large amount of humans are slaves of chaos trying their
best to destroy the planet for chaos pleasure

A little of column A, a little of column B.

The Empire lasts faaar better than it has any right to, but it's also repeatedly stated that non-human races are major players that no-one can do without. Hell, the dwarves gave the Empire gunpowder and still do it much better than they do and the High Elves gave the Empire their colleges of magic and still do magic muuuch better than the humans.

In fact, the greatest strength of humans in the setting is the same as any other setting: They are adaptable. That in itself is the very thing HFY was created to combat.

the point of view of the common man is a result of the artistic depictions of warhammer where as much as humans are involved they're rarely portrayed as superhuman beings, there are also artworks where, regardless of the presence of giant and marvelous engines or powerful incantations, the focus is on the MEN of the empire factually speaking, the lore itself revolves around key characters and elves were since the start a deus ex machina the writers used to fill the foundations of the setting; the empire seems to have little personal glories because the faction itself was meant as point of unification between the armies of order such as high elves and dwarfs.

I would say it's neither in the end, but the empire looks cool and heroic, and rule of cool trumps all in warhammer.

i'm not sure why the fuck is everybody talking about the empire
Brettonia has regiments of 100% pure ubermensch knights warded by magical shields.
Most powerful mage in the world was a human once and his feats were comparable to the destruction of Ulthuan
We don't know jack shit about Cathay except the fact they are humans and have an army of teracotta soldiers that does wars for them.

Warhammer is very HFY,even more so then 40k

>i'm not sure why the fuck is everybody talking about the empire
You talk like understimating the fact they are the way humans are introduced and mainly portrayed as in the setting.

The empire has nothing easy mode stuff like the brets and is closer to the north.
Still is more populated, more advanced, more tolerant and holds its own.

the Humans of the Empire are always patronized by fans as poor sods who have to face crazy monsters, when in reality the Empire is one of the most dangerous factions in the setting. Much unlike the 40k Empire, the Empire of Sigmar has the best logistical and tactical organisation second only to the High Elves, while far exceeding even those in many aspects.

Orcs and Beastmen are large and scary, but have no concept of tactics or strategy, an Army organized in battallions and regiments will be easily able to outmaneuver and crush them on the battlefield with flanking and simply pulling them into the line of fire of a battery of artillery.

People tend to underestimate the effect of cannons in the lore due to their neglectable effect on the Tabletop.

But even early medieval cannons made any other artillery obsolete, not to mention imperial great cannons are scary beasts.

There are a myriad additional reasons why the Empire is a martial powerhouse, and why most other factions would have serious trouble facing them in open battle, under semi-realistic circumstances.

>the Humans of the Empire are always patronized by fans as poor sods who have to face crazy monsters, when in reality the Empire is one of the most dangerous factions in the setting.
the two don't really exclude each other

you see people talking about poor empire troopers who have to fight giants with a lance

but you never hear about the poor Norskans who have to charge a line of cannons, 400 feet away, in a tightly packed mob of norsemen, with dozens being crushed by cannon balls at a time, just to be ripped to shreds by canister shot

now image a line of halberds in between, and a line of muskets just behind, every battle against the empire is a picketts charge before it can even begin for any other faction

Ty based chinaman. Casting quality is insanely good.

Don't understand why some empire fags don't see this, and would rather stick with the "peasants defending their homes" narrative. really it's more like "well oiled war machine with better training, equipment and logistics than the Roman Legions fights off crazed savages" about 90% of the time. People also have a hard time realizing that massive SoC/Entimes level chaos invasions or Gorbad level WAAAGHs rarely happen, and when they do those are defining moments in imoerial history.

>Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

lol seriously

fuck off, End Times is WHFB

>Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Stop it with this shit!

End Times is 8th and part of Warhammer Fantasy. Whether you like it or not. End Times is not part of Age of Sigmar.

^

We're going to see more Fimir models soon from Forgeworld, for AOS of course but it would be very easy to rebase them on square bases and use them for Fantasy.

Arch Warhammer said that Beastmen shouldn't be capable of building siege engines. Do you guys agree?

>Talk about all...The 9th Age products and lore
>Talk about my shitty fan fiction instead of the canonical continuation of the setting

This one always gets me

Sometimes canon is worse than fanwank.

They shouldn't be capable of anything beyond patching weapons together and making cages and huts. their seige craft should be strictly giant beasts and magic. Even the chariots seem a bit out of character for them

But it's still canon and should take precedence over fanwank

On the subject of the endtimes, what were your 3 favorite things that happened, what what were the 3 things you hated the most? The setting ending doesn't count

Hated - Malekith being true king, Archaon cocksucking and Lady of Lake.
Liked - .

>what were your 3 favorite things that happened
Blightkings were made.
WHFB community felt more alive than ever during the lead up to the whole setting being blown up.
Can't think of a third one.

>what what were the 3 things you hated the most?
How many story lines/characters were just dropped as a side note.
Handwaving entire factions like Bretonnia.
Incarnates and the whole supersayajin bullshit, where GW tried to go full anime.

Why not just burn every house and wall built by civilisation to the ground and let the world end as a lifeless rock aside from the corruption that tears it apart from the inside like a cancer? Yeah, yeah, I know, Archaon wanted everything to end, but he's just a muppet too, so fuck him.
Would have been a better setting too, than some halfassed D&D ripoffimo.

Do Skaven take human-like titles sometimes? They do like mimicking humans, don't they?

I want my Skryre chieftains/warlords go by titles like Barons and Dukes.

>Do Skaven take human-like titles sometimes? They do like mimicking humans, don't they?
They are more like a grotesque caricature of the imperium's oligarchy. That is to say I think it's more by design on the side of the writers, than because of in-character motivations.
>I want my Skryre chieftains/warlords go by titles like Barons and Dukes.
There is no limit to how insane/eccentric a skaven warlord might be. Especially a Skryre one imo.
Go nuts.

Never understood all the hate for the incarnates, warhammer has always been shaped by the select few larger than life heroes. With the exception of Gelt and Ungrim, all of the incarnates were OP to begin with. I mean Tyrion was slaughtering armies on his own since he was a kid, malekith is repeatedly stated to be one of the most powerful characters in the setting, and Alarielle is God empress of elfkind. Grimgor was already the most powerful Warboss, though I feel line he should have just been empowered by WAAAGH energy and not the wind of beasts. Sigmar was literally a God and Nagash was already the single most powerful mage in the setting. Even without the winds, the story still would have centered around these characters and not "muh common men"

Liked
1-Any time Malekith snarked at people and basically every Malekith moment
2-The verbal lashing Valten and Sigmar unleashed on Archaon
3-Teclis and Lileath final moment

Hated
1-Archaon sitting on his ass for almost three books
2-Fucking Nurgle is boring
3-Mannfred cucking Archaon on the final blow to the setting

Liked
>Balthaser Gelt and his role in the story
>The descriptions of what happens to the Empire when Chaos rampages through it
>The art

Didn't like
>Handwaving how evil the Dark Elves were
>How Archaon didn't do anything the entire story
>The ending

This mini is pimp as shit I need it.

>Warhammer is NEVER about the common man
It has always been about your dudes first and foremost. The focus on special characters is a very recent things.

About the canons, they are fucking HUGE for something you carry on a campaign.

The most obvious samefag ever.

Also fuck off.

Incarnates are so shoehorned in the WHFB atmosphere it hurts. It's awfully bad in a setting that is mostly made at the common man level.

>Buttmad T9A player detected
Stay salty my friend
On the tabletop, yes. But the fluff has always focused on the special characters

do I write a short story based on my TW:WH campaign here?

>has always focused
Not before 7th ed.

Crack open your old army books, most of the lore is written with the perspective of random mooks and about random mooks. The most iconic serie of books is about two random dudes wandering around the Old World. Incarnate-centered everything is some retarded 8th ed/ET bullshit and should be left to AoS threads.

gameplay wise they should
they can make chariots anyway, why not siege towers?

it's quite possibly the worst looking model possible for a character as badass as nagash

You have pretty bad taste famalam

suck my necrotic dick

Sure.

regardless of which it is humans are fucking boring compared to all the alternatives

Next thing you say is that the lichmeisters hat is ridiculous or some shit. At least old Nagash has a fuckton of character. Nu-Nagash is a boring as hell CADshit mini.

I think the warning is more aimed at not starting flamewars than anything
while the 9th age is gor being the closest continuity in terms of rules and close enough to crosspost artworks and stories.

>But it's still canon and should take precedence over fanwank
depends on the premises of the discussions really; if you want to talk strictly about the fluff, sure; but if someone wanted to discuss say the setting in 2500 with the idea for fleshing out an alternative series of events, the end times wouldn't necessarily need to take precedence.

>3 liked
-skaven bringing down the moon and the lizardmen temples being confirmed as spaceships
-the last dwarven shieldwall being an unremembered and selfless act where the souls of the ancients play a role too
-last but not least, settra

>3 hated
-the passive roles of all factions that weren't playing as protagonists of their respective book
-everything ending up in a few superdudes with the armies being almost irrelevant
-the story between vlad and aborash being cut and forgotten

but even the sculptor agrees

fortunately he did another

Go for it. I wanna know if the game is any good in spite of the reasons I don't want to touch it.

Besides, it'd be better than this bitching over T9A and the End Times. I'd provide my Call of Warhammer play too if I wasn't still getting used to Medieval 2's ancient UI still...

Arch is also a fanboy who sucks off Radious. Radious who has, quote on quote, "Hammerer, Thunderer super heavy missile."

How did the Skaven blow up the moon anyway?

What Chinaman?
Just the first letter of their name is fine, that quality looks great.

First letter of their name is C. Long name. That should be enough.

Kind of expensive compared to some other casters, but £80 for 30 chaos dwarves, 2 sets of command and 3 characters at almost forge world quality is still great.

99% of the time flame wars start over the Endtimes because it pops up in discussion and some faggot tries to say it's not canon. Without that, the Endtimes discussion would go on for s few posts before naturally dying down or changing topics

Liked
>lizardmen finally getting fluff
>Settra being a badass
>Sigmar coming back

Hated
>Valten dying cheaply for no reason
>Tzeentch and slaanesh left out almost entirely and Khornes legions having the restraint to be the last ones in
>the lizardmen being so stupid that their wards only stopped daemons but had no effect on mortals even though they knew the skaven were coming eventually, and mazdamundi having the power to win a massive victory over skaven and chaos but deciding to wait till the next day to do anything

Why are guns in WHRP 2nd Edition so awful? I'd imagine maybe bows might be shooting and reloading faster and guns would be doing tons of damage and smashing through armor but the armor piercing trait is on the bows and they only do one less damage(which doesn't really matter since the AP)
and they reload in 2 Full turns rather than half a turn.

Also ammo and gunpowder is much more expensive than arrows. Is there a point to using firearms at all? What am I missing.

>Never understood all the hate for the incarnates
>Even without the winds, the story still would have centered around these characters and not "muh common men"
So what was the fucking point in writing them into the story in the first place.

You answered your own question.

Well 5 of them went on to become the gods in AoS, Ghur went to Grimgor to justify why the orcs are now aligned with beast, and metal and fire were heavily implied to at least be guided by Grimnir and Grungi, who both show up in AoS. So the incarnates were the prelude to AoS. If AoS never happened and they were just endin the setting, they wouldn't have bothered with incarnates

Took fucking long enough. This along with Southern Realms are vital for immersion, even if you dont plan to play as them.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741053231

Storm of Chaos can technically still be canon too, I don't have to go down the End Times route.

This.

Since an in-universe explanation, Be'lakor To The Future, was given then Storm of Chaos was never made non-canon.

No, it isn't. It has been retconned. And If you bring up the RPGs, then you are still wrong because GW and FFG discontinued these RPGs at the same time of ET in favor of FFGs new RPG books that are in the new timeline.

And Be'lakor only reset Archaon's deaths during his journey. Be'lakor power broke right after Archaon's crowning which mean he ad no power to reset anything if SoC actually happened.

Hi /whfb/, just painted my first model, a Talabheim Swordsman. Any thoughts on how it came out or pointers?

Its called "Expanded Universe", GW cuck.

Needs a touch-up. Details like the eyes, covering where the silver got on the hand, I'd give a bit of a slightly brighter silver on the edge of the blade, some black wash on the metal bits, and it doesn't look like you cleaned the flash.

Don't forget to finish the base either.

There is no such thing. If you want to go with SoC, admit it is your headcanon. There is no point in deluding yourself by thinking it is canon.

>Implying being part of continuity doesn't mean something can't be the accepted fan version

Must be hard to see the screen past Thorpe's pubes as you give his nob a tongue-polish.

How does Bretonnia handle bastards? What about 'great' bastards?

Not an argument and you missed the point. Being fan accepted doesn't mean it's canon. It means it's fanfiction. Be honest about it instead of trying to showorn it in a if it's approved canon.

Impact, if I remember right, comes on most firearms by default.

In my houserules, I gave them armor piercing and 2 additional damage points.

So how screwed is your average WHRP party against a vampire?

>Continuity=/=fanfiction

lel

How does it feel to be a corporate cocksleeve to a nerd company nobody has ever heard of?

About as screwed as your average party in a Gary Gygax module.

Or the original Ravenloft.