Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Best Girl edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1oaqqtXQG-fT-C5_yajhLbUabdpN5XPn7hmV-MXAGz78/edit#heading=h.wgik8xtf9hfy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw Burning Legion > Alliance & Horde

>tfw Scourge > All
I always found Deadlords a better suited name for the Dreadlords myself.

Arthas did nothing wrong. He was just preparing us for the coming of the Legion

>tfw we'll never see a large scale scourge vs. burning legion fight

Assuming the Legion cannot corrupt Arthas' men, how would a Scourge victory post-WotLK Azeroth look like? I can't imagine Deathwing standing a chance against a Frost Wyrm Galakrond & all the players, Tyrion & co armed with the Ashbringer, Shadowmourne, etc.

Gnomes Are Very Important

>integral to the Alliance
>quality of life inventions
>cute as fel

>tfw you will never see the Scourge with Frostwyrm versions of all Aspects & Galakrond face Burning Legion

Tirion died like a bitch like Vol'jin I'm double mad for then.

>mfw I know those characters' player.

At least he got nuked by a huge ass demon instead of smacked around and tortured by some no name mook.

Blizz had one job like, after the event of everyone departing.

They could had Varian in the last stand being joined by Vol'jin and Tirion, they all get overwhelmed by demons and killed. No one would had saw the Alliance and Horde leader together and the war sentiment would be up while a fucking ultra heroic deed by both factions would had been played in the background.

Why can't I join smuggest orc?

Gnomes are cutest when they're dragons.

Had to have tensions high with "HORDE LEFT US TO DIIIIE!"

tiiits

Dragons are just generally the best, though.
Almost everything is improved by being a dragon.

T or A

Is it true or affirmitive that the gnomes save the whole of the Azeroth on a regular basis by holding back the trogg menace

but troggs rule

Why titties?

Because shortstacks.

They have pretty nice titties in game as well.

It's either Kosak or Hazzikostas that masturbates to the idea of constant Horde Vs. Alliance faction conflict. Can't remember which one but their wet dreams of constant faction conflict has been nothing but problematic for the story.

Just so anyone playing knows, Invasions are great for leveling. I've been afking a paladin at 90 in them and he's at 95 now after like 6

it's Kosak, Hazzikostas is the class designer, he couldn't force Red v Blu whether he wanted to or not

I just want a two handed weapon to drop for my DK

whoops, I'm wrong. He designs raid encounters, not classes. Either way he has no hand in the story though

Wait, Anszca makes these as commissions for PLAYERS? i thought she drew them for Blizzard himself.

Hazzikostas is to blame for the retarded camera stuff, not the lore being bad.

I just want a weapon period. I got a glaive to drop on the first day on my warrior, and so far, after doing ~12 of them on my priest, I've gotten the whole cloth set 3 times.

You can buy the glaives at the vendor.
Haven't seen any other weapon except class-specific ones from the chests.

I got an axe on my warrior but I didn't renew my sub so I got nothing more.

Nah until they hotfixed it, the glaive could drop for all classes, and I got that rather than a warrior specific item.

Ah. Haven't done any invasions not on my warlock or DH

demon hunters are the most fun I've had playing a melee class

Its Kosak.

Worst, he's a big face of the unrepentantly evil WC2 Horde, and Lawful Stupid Human-central Alliance.

For some reason, I really miss Arthas.

WC3 Arthas or WoLK Arthas?

I liked the former. I thought ret-conning the Lich King into just Arthas all along was squandering potential. I also didn't play a DK or Paladin, so I had no attachment to the WoLK Arthas. He was just another loot pinata to me.

I still think it would have been great if the Alliance's story in Northrend dealt with the Paladin perspective and treated the Lich King as Arthas. While the Horde saw him from a Shaman perspective and treated him as Ner'zhul.
Just to give a unique take for each faction and a way to encourage people to level up characters on both sides to see the full story.

It sounds like it would be hard to pull off, but gold if it worked.

I always get dirty looks by Wrath-era players when I don't go all nostalgic about the Arthas stoyline. If your class doesn't use the Light or Undead, is human, Orc, or Blood elf, there isn't much Arthas brings to your story.

I mean the snarky one.

What is Bolvar doing anyway?

Yeah if they'd properly followed up on the idea that the Lich King was cleaving off the portions of Arthas' personality that weakened it in a way that wasn't just resolved in HoR, it would have been interesting. Especially if Tirion's actions at the end actually redeemed Arthas in a way. But nope.

It does annoy me still that despite Northrend being described as literally teeming with undead everywhere, the Scourge's influence isn't really felt, per se. Sure they're being naughty in most of the zones, but you'd think the factions would be fighting off the undead more than each other.

Acting as a jailor for the Scourge, despite there being no real indication of such.

Jerking off while rebuilding his Scourge. The Ebon Blade rejoined him and he brought back Tirion as one of his Four Horsemen.

>but you'd think the factions would be fighting off the undead more than each other.
Gotta keep that Red vs Blu flowing. Until a few story points where everyone is working together. But then it's back to RvB.

I mean, RvB *did* give us Putress being a total badass, but the rest of it was so hamfisted I hated it.

I love that pic

>the WoW YouTube account posts a video of a blacksmith making the Doomhammer
>someone with a Vivian James avatar posts a comment saying "stop jerking orcs off and make something cool like the Ashbringer"
Alliancefags, every time

>Reading youtube comments

Peacecraft is more hamfisted because it's only there to justify Blizzard not having separate Horde and Allaince raids.

He's right. Doomhammer a shit.

Ashbringer is a bit overrated though, and trying to forge it would fail since essential component is kinda alive.

Putress at Wrathgate was the most badass thing a Forsaken did during whole WoW.

I personally hate this faggot.

other fa/tg/uys feelings toward low-test anduin?

>he's obviously wearing lifts to make him taller than me

I dislike his character arc, but Varian was basically written into a corner so he had to die. Personally, I'd like to see the Alliance make efforts to seem more like one. As it stands, they're NATO in all practice, since none of the races are bound together except as "We don't like the Horde." Then again, I'm irritated that the Exodar hasn't been repaired to full functionality and started floating somewhere like it was Tempest Keep. The Draenei are second class characters despite Velen being *the* expert on the Legion.

I like him and look forward to seeing his no doubt non-retarded character development that will show him dealing with responsibilities of a leader, difficulty of dealing with the diverse alliance crew and burden of being a king in a terrible war.

Seriously though, I like him.

IIRC, he tried to bring back Tirion as one of his Four Horsemen, but was foiled by the paladin PC.

>the Alliance make efforts to seem more like one.

They already are one big boring faction that does nothing but wag their fingers at Horde and advance the PvE plot. The Horde has far more diversity than the Alliance in almost every catagory. Even all the Garrison Profession NPCs Alliance Side are all human.

To make them even more unified would mean all the non-humans becoming vassals to the Human King and abandoning the Alliance and becoming an Empire. Honestly, fuck that noise, non-humans are already marginalized enough in the Alliance. Take a page from the Horde and advance non-human plots for a fucking change.

You misunderstand me. I want the non human races to take a more active role. Crazy Naaru derived crystal technology mounted on Gnomish tonks as frontline gear, NE glaive throwers launching dwarven made bombs, and suits like Mekkatorque's augmented by yet more Draenei technology. They're the high tech factions, yet none of the wacky shit gets used. Hell, the Legion's ships seem they're based off of regular Draenei technology, so make some for the inevitable counter Invasion.

Exodar - Broken Isles should've been the new capital, not Dalaran Again.

The worst part about this is how backwards it is

The Alliance is an Alliance, there should be no grand leader, but rather a council of leaders from each faction within the Alliance. While the Horde was founded by a supreme leader and should stick tight to the idea of a supreme leader.

But humans dominate the Alliance to an insane degree, while every race in the Horde gets at least a little bit of the limelight

Okay, I can get behind that.

I'm just sick of all the Human faggots screeching about 'tradition' or whatever as to why humans must always have the spotlight on them and show up the other races.

Humans should by all accounts be low on population and struggling to repair their economy. But no, they have zero manpower problems, and outproduce Iron-fucking-forge despite getting rekted left and right.

I'm tired of "the human spirit' being a carte blanche license to mary-sueness.

I, for one, would love to see more gnome/dwarf focus

>But humans dominate the Alliance to an insane degree

Everyone else is just stereotype. They cannot exist outside their niche.

Tell that to the Horde. We've had two non-Orcs for warchiefs for two expansions now. Vol'jin was universally praised by players.

And that's a problem that could be solved if they cared enough to solve it

>Tell that to the Horde.

The Horde is in the same situation, but they don't have humans to not be a stereotype, so their niches exist as a patchwork.

>Vol'jin was universally praised by players.

Ahahaha.

I don't really see it as a problem, there's no reason to erode racial identity because you're jealous of fictional humans for some reason.

>Vol'jin
Who never got to actually do anything, poor bastard.

If you're going to have intelligent non-humans, you better make them as interesting as your humans, otherwise you may as well not have intelligent non-humans.

Why be jealous when humans are just as bland and boring as the other races?

Hence why he was praised

He never got a chance to fuck up, and thus is better than every other warchief.

Except that's wrong, because he named Sylvanas his successor, so he fucked up as much as Thrall did

>I like my fantasy races shallow and boring

Why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums?

>If you're going to have intelligent non-humans, you better make them as interesting as your humans

Impossible, as humans we intrinsically know that humans are incredibly diverse. Other races exist as basically one or two human stereotypes blown up large.

>otherwise you may as well not have intelligent non-humans.

I disagree, you can have fun with these non-humans, but you must recognize that they really don't belong alone in the spotlight for long.

>Why be jealous

I don't know, you tell me.

I like Fantasy races, I just recognize that they cannot be anything but shallow when compared with a real life race shaped by real life history.

Eh, he made Sylvanas Warchief because his gods told him to. Considering all the shit they've helped with, I'd listen to them to.

>Except that's wrong, because he named Sylvanas his successor, so he fucked up as much as Thrall did
Oh god, you're right.

Hmm

This made me realize something

Humans in fantasy settings. Aren't humans.

They look like humans and are built like humans, but with a different world history, they can not actually be humans, they're either naturally different, or unnaturally similar to humans.

I'm going to use this in future games I run

Yet they aren't diverse in Warcraft. Blizzard has systematically dismantled or retconned them into the universal bland meh they are now.

Technically, the human component of the Alliance is several nations instead of one, but under that logic the dwarves should get a larger representation considering that they're the second most prominent race and are manufacturing most of the Alliance's advanced weaponry.

>Lordaeron
Forsaken capital
>Stormwind
Destroyed, ransacked and rebuilt several times over. Still the largest one
>Dalaran
More of a wizard nation (read: city) than a human one
>Kul Tiras
Doesn't exist in-game, presence is few NPCs and mobs
>Stromgarde
Independant undead at this point
>Gilneas
Recently rejoined Alliance, majority of the land is cursed and whatnot. Everyone's a furry
>Alterac
To call it a nation is to call Azeroth draenei a huge army

>Dalaran
>More of a wizard nation (read: city) than a human one

Dalaran's been built and destroyed more than Stormwind. Destroyed to such a degree that the current Dalaran is an unrelated city that happens to share the same name. Hell even the occupants are 95% different from the previous Dalaran.

>Technically, the human component of the Alliance is several nations instead of one, but under that logic the dwarves should get a larger representation considering that they're the second most prominent race and are manufacturing most of the Alliance's advanced weaponry.

Even combined the human nations (excluding Kul'Tiras) are smaller in population than the Nelves and Dwarves. Also the alliance is between nations, it's just most of the non-humans only have one nation. Varian doesn't represent anything except Stormwind.

>Dalaran's been built and destroyed more than Stormwind. Destroyed to such a degree that the current Dalaran is an unrelated city that happens to share the same name. Hell even the occupants are 95% different from the previous Dalaran.
b-but muh books
m-muh Frozen Throne

> That pic
Seems like a terrible place to make a campfire...
Basic Campfire for warchief!

>basic campfire
>not the objectively superior felfire campfire to piss off your healers

Are you using any heirlooms?

docs.google.com/document/d/1oaqqtXQG-fT-C5_yajhLbUabdpN5XPn7hmV-MXAGz78/edit#heading=h.wgik8xtf9hfy

>felfire campfire
> Wanting a fel-anything for the horde
The Horde must return to its roots, it need good old simple shamanistic values! It need... BASIC campfire.

>afking
Lazy! Go plink heal the REAL heroes, at least!

>missing out on the shards you get from helping kill bosses

I'm fairly certain there hasn't been an Alterac kingdom since before the third war, when the other nations destroyed them for trying to betray the alliance.

Yeah, in the DK line you fail to bring back Tirion as the fourth hourseman and Mograine takes the spot

Alterac still exists?

As the Syndicate

You're a fool if you think the Hordes roots are anything but laced with Fel.

Wait, Darions father becomes one of the Horsemen? Have I mixed up names?

I wished Alterac had a redemption storyline more than I wished to see Stromgarde getting its shit together.

No, Darion, Alexandros is super double dead I imagine

>The Horde must return to its roots
Demon blood-crazed berserkers, shadow shamans and warlocks? That's what the Horde started as because demon manipulators

Depending on how legion goes and if the players crush Kil'jaden again and fuck the Legion up, we can assume that they probably would have done much better with the scourge.

Since they can just re-raise their champions ad nauseum, the undead are immune to temptation/corruption/fear, demons still leave physical corpses when they die and the scourge can steal souls to prevent demons from returning to the twisting nether.

Of course this is all moot because Garrosh would have never been warchief because he would have lost the campaign in Northrend,even if the scourge didn't immediately fuck the rest of the world. So he could have never gone back in time and never brought back Gul'dan with him.

>oi purple cunt fight me 1on1

Arthas' plan only went wrong because of deus ex machina. By all accounts he already won.

>Since they can just re-raise their champions ad nauseum
Not if the body gets ashed. And they aren't called the BURNING Legion for nothing. We've seen the aftermath of the worlds they conquer. Nothing but fire and ash far as the eye can see.