Malifaux General - Pajeet & Friends Edition

Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Somebody please scan that book.

Other urls found in this thread:

schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/building-on-a-budget/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Trixiebelle

Next R34 needs to be of Blessed of December

What's a good point game to start with?

I'd probably say 35 stones, so that's basically a crew box and maybe one or two other models.
Move on to 50 once you've got a solid grasp on the game.

Well, after you know the basics you should move to 50 SS, in my experience a lot of beginners gets stuck on 35 SS and is afraid of playing 50 SS for some reason, even though the game is balanced around that value and it's usually just a matter of adding 2-3 extra models to your list.

Starting at 35 is pretty good.

One hurdle early on is that you may not have models that are good at certain schemes/strategies. So if you have friend with a bigger model pool you might both build your lists before the schemes are flipped. And summoners are broke as fuck at that level.

Seconding this. 50ss is where it is meant to be played. Though the alternate formats are great for smaller matches. Like Henchman Hardcore and what not.

Some of the base sizes for models in this game are so stupid, I've been making Ramos spider totem and it is such a struggle getting it to fit on a 30mil base. Lazarus as well, why is he not on a 50mil? He's massive.

because this game is chess like and size of a base is as much important to balance as its stats or abilities are

I try gluing them on to the lip at that point. I imagine that they are using those base sizes for balance reasons. I had a similar issue fitting Misaki's totem on to a 30mm base.

Lazarus fits pretty well on his base. He's not that big.

it easier to shield a 30 mm base with 40 mm base ;) can someone scan this RoF book already - free culture people - this was what internet was all about in my day kids ...

Sorry fampai, all I've got is Nellie and the general upgrades.

Anyone got pictures of the sprues for Nellie and Titanias crew boxes? I want to see just how much of a panic attack i'm going to have once they finally arrive

wyrd put the how to glue instructions for all new sets go to their site and resources and then punch titania

No one is going to want to cut up a $45 book. I am sure that once Wyrd puts up the PDF we will see it here, so wait patiently. It should be about a month.

Ya the plastic brass arachnid is ridiculous. I was lucky enough to get the old metal one and tossed the new one on a 50mm gave it a saw blade for a counts as large arachnid.

well, this answers my question

good god I thought these wind gamin were a nightmare

It looks like hell, but at least it's easy to understand.

Way more clear than the Bayou Bushwackers.

It's a lot of pieces but it's a pretty simple thing to put together

By Yan Lo's beard!

Four of the legs have been cut in half, why? I'm honestly completely stumped why the other four are one piece. Just glad I'm not getting one any time soon.

Look at the leg piece on the top right. Notice how there is a little bit of overhang? That is enough for them to justify splitting those apart.

you mean you couldn't decipher which of the 7 leaves went where on each model from their highly detailed instructions?

I tried user. I tried so very hard.

but how far did you get?

he got so far and tried so hard but in the end it doesnt even matter

Pigtails was doable, but the other two are sans a few leaves. I got a mismatched pile of the remaining leaves on my battlestation ready to go when I finally lose my mind.

Every time I get a gremlin box I tell myself it will be the last, but then I keep finding great deals. I got Somer, Ophelia, and Mah plus slop haulers and a warpig for less than 100 American funbucks.

>I got Somer, Ophelia, and Mah plus slop haulers and a warpig for less than 100 American funbucks.
bretty good

>Somebody please scan that book.
My order with the book hasn't even been fulfilled. Feels bad man.

i would but my book has been sitting in the post office of des moines for 2 days. normally i'd go down to my post office and see whats up but i live in california

That's more scary to me

I'd like to continue begging for model recommendations (henchmen and below) for redirecting damage to targets of choice. Terracotta would be great if he didn't have to take it himself.

damage or attacks*
Preferably attacks, kind of like Kirai and Burt.

What's wrong with wind gamins?

>Somebody please scan that book.
Can we extend this to the Through the Breach expansions?

Goddamn it Wyrd, we said remove kebab not turn Arcanists into the Middle East.

If theres no kebab in the game you cant remove it.

Why the fuck can Wyrd not design a fucking model? I really like Malfaux models but they're so annoying to put together I'd rather buy something else.

>based sikhs
>lumped in with kebabs

removing kebab is literally in their blood

I really don't understand anyway, are there any Turks? Sidir maybe? He's been in the game for ages.

Sidir was from Egypt, so no. There is an equivalent of the Ottoman Empire in the setting, so we might see some of those guys in The Other Side. You might even be able to proxy them for Malifaux units (Guild guard, Guild riflemen, ect.) and say that they are just conscripts of a more ethnic flavor than usual.

Montressor with his free upgrade sorta redirects. You have to discard to ignore him if in base contact, and with a 50mm base and an ability that pulls that's not hard.

Sybelle's 'Only Sybelle' is similar but targeted.

Hey guys, new player here looking to get into Malifaux. We're doing a local "get started" style tournament where everyone buys a master box and we do a tournament with them.

I'm having a hard time deciding what box to buy and what faction to pick, as to be honest, they all look really fucking cool.

I'm primarily torn though between Neverborn (The dreamer box, Dark debts box) and The Guold (The guild's judgement, The torch and the blade).

What do you guys think I should go for, and can you give me any advice? I really am into the large monsters for Neverborn and the mecha aesthetic of the guild. Lady Justice is probably the coolest character I've seen so far.

I think it depends on how early in learning the game you are.
First two or three games, 20-25ss.
Then a few (

>Kirai and Burt
Those are the ones I thought of. Off the top of my head at least.

Nico to.

From what I've heard Guild will be more straightforward to learn than Neverborn, especially Dreamer and Lynch.

Personally, for those four choices the Guild boxes have way cooler models too.

Have you looked at Hoffman, if you're into the steam-mecha angle?
It's kind of his bag.

The only two factions they have revealed so far is the King's Empire (Victorian England) and the Gibbering Horde (Neverborn who have come to earth to do evil and whatever else is the standard). They of course say that more factions will be added.

Hoffman does look great also. I've heard Lady Justice is a little OP and I don't want to be that guy so I'm not sure if I want to get her box immediately. I also noticed that Lucius was also Neverborn so perhaps that could be my angle to just get into both factions.

Also, can someone explain Outcasts to me? It seems like any faction can take units from the Outcasts?

Thanks duders

I'd stay away from the dreamer as your first master, he's great and I love to play him but he's a summoner and you'll need to get more stuff to get the most use out of him.
Lynch is pretty straightforward and a lot of fun too

>King's Empire (Victorian England)
As a middle-class English lad, can't what to hwhat hwhat at my opponents while shooting them like the dogs they are with mass ranked musket fire.
Jolly good, chap.

>Also, can someone explain Outcasts to me?
Outcasts are a faction same as any other, some of their models have the "mercenary" characteristic, this means you can hire up to two of them regardless of your faction, the downside is each one costs one extra soulstone.

Many outcast models are mercenaries, as in you can hire up to two of them in another faction, but at the cost of 1 extra SS each.

Lady Justice isn't really overpowered, just strong up close. Lucius has a really rad model and I love him in the fluff, but he is bad for beginners as he is relatively weak and hard to figure out. Get him later. Dashel for example is good in a lot of guild crews.

Lady Justice isn't OP so much as 'Very newbie friendly.'

Here is what Lady Justice wants to do: Go stab things in the face. If they are all stabbed in the face, they can't do objectives.

Outcasts are a full faction of well...people who don't fit into existing factions. Mercs, Banished, Spirits of Vengeance etc. Some of them have the mercenary tag (More than any other faction but some people in other factions are also mercs). Mercs, not outcasts, can be taken in other factions at +1SS cost.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to The Guild, and at a later date I'll get into Neverborn.

So between all the available Guild boxes, which do you guys think is going to be the most fun to play? I'm leaning pretty heavily towards Lady Justice / Hoffman / Sonnia Criid but I just can't decide. Are there any you wouldn't recommend to a newbie?

Don't get Lucius.
From a game designer's viewpoint, he should be the easiest Master, because new players will naturally want the Master that gives them access to the two biggest, most iconic factions in the game.
Actually, he's a pig to learn and generally seen as not-so-good even once learned.

Don't worry about your master being OP - you'll be getting shrekt by anyone with more experience than you for the first dozen games anyway, the powerlevels of the individual Masters is not that important until you get to pretty high-level play.
If anything, Lady J will be easy to learn (as I understand it she's a pretty straightforward faceraeper) and therefore a great choice.

Outcasts are a Faction in their own right, but due to the nature of the folks making it, they have a lot of Mercenaries in there.
One or two Mercs can be hired out of Faction for an extra fee (1ss) by any Crew from any Faction, but Outcasts don't have to pay the extra fee to hire Outcast Mercs, and because they are part of the faction there is of course no limit to how many you can hire.

Lady J - easiest to learn, box gives access to good models.
Criid - badass, but more complex, also good models.
Hoffman - MECHS! but complex and fiddly.

I'd advise buying them in that order, if you were planning on dropping a few hundred dollars.

Cool, I think I'm going to go for just that -- Lady Justice first and then go from there. I appreciate the help!

schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/building-on-a-budget/

lady J is a great place to start. you may find this site helpful

Has anyone ever come across a story in either the rulebooks or the magazines where Hoffman interacts with any of the other guild masters?

In Rising Powers he and Lady Justice walk together in order to meet Ramos, just as an example.

do they both sex her?

Yes, with Santiago as well. My favorite part of that story was how shockingly autistic Ramos was portrayed. After doing god knows what to the bodies of Justice and Ryle, he has no idea why Justice and Hoffman are so angry at him.

I'm always interested in hearing about major character interaction in wargame so thank you.

take a look in all the books in the OP. each faction has 2-4 stories before the rules that introduces the master and most of the things in their crew. My favorite is from the first book between zoraida/somer/ophelia/wong/burt

I've read some of them, my favorite so far has been von schill, somer, and brewmaster playing a drinking game.

So is So'mer the last master without an iconic henchman?

He doesn't really need one or anything, but I find it funny in a game where avatars of Tyrants, serial killers, ancient awakened fae, etc, So'mer is so caustic that he has no number two man. Even his totems are wildlife he's managed to tame instead of underlings or handy constructs that most masters have.

Always thought Lenny was his second in command

He might be, but he's not a henchman.

Fair point, I think that yeah its likely due to somer being a pain to spend long periods of time with.

Finally made it back to my fucking house after having to drive people around for the last 6 hours.

Thankfully my Gencon stuff showed up while I was out. So now I guess I'm gonna start putting them together.

This. Closest to a henchman he has is peaches his prized pig, but that's put to shame by Ulix and old major.

Fingers woild have made a great henchman for somer since all somer does is drink moonshine talk about how great he is even though brewmaster makes better shine, Ophelia is a better crew leader, mah has a bigger hat, Ulix is better with pigs, Wong has better gadgets, sparks has done deeper into human territory for better loot and Zoraida makes him feel like the cuck he is.

Here's a picture of a cute piglet

Ophelia is his henchmen. She got a boost to master when 2nd ed came out and they expanded gremlins into thier own faction.

Maybe that's how you unwind, but I'd be careful. Seems like a situation which could tempt fate...

>Ophelia is a better crew leader
In the fluff maybe. In the States he's much better at leading a crew. (Of gremlins at least)

After the event that saw all the Masters manifest, it seems pretty apparent that Somer is the big bayou boss, to the point he leads his faction more then Ramos or any other matter leads theirs.

I've been putting my Sandeep box together for the past few hours. I hate constructing, but I can't let the gaps go, gotta fill them.

They were just examples, but Burt does fit the bill as he is "henchman and below."
I don't get how they redirect? They seem to discourage certain targets, but I can't do a surprise switch with either of them. Is Burt really the only one?

I'm jelly. My box with Reva and Anna hasn't arrived yet.

I did get some Drowned to assemble in the meantime since I realized I don't have much in the way of good spirit minions.

could one of you kind souls sell me on arcanists?

Filling gaps has to be my absolute least favorite part of assembling models. I have liquid green stuff, but that is only good for bubbles on crappy resin miniatures. I have testors model putty, but that is only good on larger gaps, and without tools just sucks on smaller ones like the gaps you see in Malifaux figures.

They have the most in faction variety, are generally powerful, and have the most constructs out of every other faction.

The Ramos box alone will give you a huge stable of good faction models. Combine it with another box and you'll be set.

If I wasn't so invested in Ressers and Gremlins I'd give them a shot too.

I'm using aluminum/gray stuff and I don't have the right tools. It's pretty awful. But I am getting it done. Slowly.
Also
>cleaning a mold line
>put too much pressure
>cut off one of sandeep's fingers
He didn't need it anyways.

Anyone got spoilers for the new oni?

I've had some luck with this stuff. Used it to fill the shell gaps of my Void Wretches.

I do like robots. Any boxes in particular that go well with Ramos?

I'd have to question the condition of your green stuff. It's pretty wonderful for gap filling. Could try Aves, procreate, or brownstuff if you're really having trouble.

Liquid green stuff. It was the stuff that GW put out with Finecast, unlike regular green stuff which is solid and actually does a good job.

malifaux has been helping me unwind a lot lately, gives me something to think about to take my mind off the fact I work in a literal prison.

that sucks bro hope they show up soon.

also I posted this in the last thread but the user who gave me their green skin recipe it's fantastic save for the nurgling green highlights, I swapped it out for a Skarsnik green+ flayed one flesh mix that I think works a little better.

Arcanists have surprisingly few actual robots. Aside from the spider bots it's mostly cyborgs.

To answer your question Mei Feng, Ironsides, and Kaeris would get the most use out of the Ramos crew. Joss and Howard Langston can find their place into just about any Arcanist list.

Addons for Ramos would be another box of arachnids, electrical creation, metal gamin, rider.

Yes, you mentioned it was liquid.
Then I'd question the gaps it's filling. It's a wonderful tool for the proper job. I always have multiple epoxies on hand for different situations.

I assumed you were dropping people off after gencon. We're you bussing inmates around? Feel free to not answer.

I'm a new hire at a prison, I was driving my sister and her GF around cause they are in town and it was my day off. Two unrelated things

Titania release date? I looked through their previews but didn't see when her box dropped.

I have a Titania and her related cards which I'm looking to get rid of, not the rest of the box though.
Oh, well that's good. Hopefully it was fun. Please be careful while assembling your models.

I was tired of it after like 3 hours. been looking forward to assembling my stuff for a good few days now.
Just got done with Anna, asami's box, starting on my obsidian oni now, I still have a box of jorogumo and Reva's box left.

How did you get her already? I'm interested if you have pics.

When does her box proper release?

what colors should I do for my oni? Since they are summons I'm tempted to go with some off the wall color.