ITT we talk about the new Horde War Chief

Bow down to your new War Chief, shitlord.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vX8BiEI5c6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Take this to the warcraft lore discussion thread.

The Warcraft storyline became downright convoluted after WoW hit the shelves, so I don't really know what's going on, but why is Sylvanas the leader of the Horde? I know WoW has this two-faction bullshit, but isn't most of the hord in Kalimdor? Why did the Orcs hand over power from their warchief to some undead chick on literally the other side of the world who couldn't give a shit whether the orcs and tauren live or die?

The writers are lazy and just made it faction leader succession.

Because the writing team is shit and hasn't cared about anything in probably a decade.

Just forget about it, the plot might as well not exist anymore.
Grind more purple shit, or don't.

OP is speculating.

Garrosh and Thrall are out, and Vol-kun isn't that popular. Also, Blizzard is only happy when weird shit is happening to the Horde, usually Old Gods, and the Alliance are stagnating. Sylvanas is likely the next Horde leader just because she's an interesting character. Meanwhile the Alliance is consisting of a wide variety of established characters suddenly acting douchey and impulsive just so Varian can be the relatively sane one, though with no actual plot to advance for Varian to show this off in.

WoW is weird right now.

>OP is speculating.

Uh, no. No I'm not. I wish I were. But I'm not. It's written into lore now:

youtube.com/watch?v=vX8BiEI5c6c

>crappy writing
>awkward designs
>meh voice acting

Vol'jin and Garrosh are dead, user. Thrall is going to be a dad and fucked up his elemental connection, so he's useless, too. Lorthemar and Bain are perpetually stuck in shitty-writer limbo.
So, of course the new warchief is yet another genocidal maniac. After one expansion of Vol'jin doing fuck-all we're back to the horde being yet again led by a known psychopath.
I *seriously* hope Lorthemar is considering rejoining the alliance. I know I would.

>Warcraft's story
>Good at any point
Also, this isn't /v/

My apologies for being a total newfag here, but does the WoW plot also explain why the Alliance (is this even the same Alliance of Lordaeron? Or is this Alliance of Stormwind something different?) is at war with the Horde, when at the end of WC3 it appeared humans and orcs were finally starting to get along? I'm not going on a trillion fetch quests just to learn how the hell WoW ties in to the main Warcraft storyline.

I like how the new warchief is yet another monstrous asshole. We only just got rid of fucking Garrosh, now Queen Bitchtits with her fetish for plagues and poison gas is in charge? That's not just dumb, that's downright irresponsible.
Well, at least the orcs should be in favor, I guess. Their ability to commit genocide at the drop of a hat should mesh well with Sylvanas' tendency for indiscriminate atrocities.

Bloodelves and Tauren are still welcome to join the alliance, by the way.

Basically, they were at peace for about a decade or so, and then the Alliance broke it(?) at the launch of WoW, leading to the several small-scale wars that make up the backdrop of the PvP campaigns.

Then, in Burning Crusade, they were all angry with each other cause they had different ideas on how to exploit a new world, but at the same time, the Burning Legion was a big enough problem that they had to make some effort to get along.

They were flat allied with each other for most of Wrath of the Lich King, with everyone working together for about twelve minutes of glorious harmony, and in Cataclysm they've got something amounting to peace although, once again, the Alliance keep on doing scummy things and without Thrall leading the Horde (he was too busy teaching godlike dragons about the importance of the power of friendship. No, that's not a joke.) the horde's leadership went a bit off course and ended up with the horde being legit evil because the current warchief was insane for the panda clusterfuck.

Then I guess time travel happened? I really can't explain Warlords that well, but it was apparently a story clusterfuck. Like, apparently, Doomhammer is now broken or some shit and Thrall is gone, and now they're just killing off pretty much every leader out there for MUH CHANGE!@!!!!

Lot's of bad shit went down, most of it in a vague, misguided attempt to "Bring the War back into Warcraft." Alliance has a lot of legitimate grivances (Southshore eradication, Wrathgate betrayal, the nuking of Theramore, invasion of Gilneas, Taldarah groves slaugther, the list goes on), the horde less so.

I like Sylvanas. Personally I'd prefer Gallywix as warchief, he'd make Durorar great again. He'd build a wall around Stormwind and make the alliance pay for it.

does anyone play that game anymore? i mean holy shit its been like... 8 years since its heyday. i havent even thought about it since.... 2008?

>alliance broke it(?)
Not really. There were a couple of skirmishes caused by subfaction that turned into battlegrounds (orcs and forsaken in Ashenvale and and Arathi, dwarves in Alterac Valley) while some very minor stuff was going on in places like Dustwallow, Barrens and the like.
WotLK was fine until the forsaken decided to be little shits at the Wrathgate and afterwards Varian and Garrosh having a dick-measuring contest nearly broke everything again at the Argent Tournament and the Assault on Icecrown Citadel.
And then Cata happened and everything went to shit, despite the best intentions of all the sensible people on both sides. Southshore, Stonetalon, Theramore, Gilneas and plenty more, the Horde under Garrosh really tried for the atrocity record. The Alliance wasn't exactly squeaky-clean, either, but what happenend at Camp Tauranjo is small potatoes compared to, say, Theramore.
And then everything went to shit some more during MoP, which ended in Orgrimmar being besieged by a combination of a fed-up Alliance and all the sensible people of the Horde.
WoD then had a nominal peace after Vol'jin became warchief, with only a few minor scuffles and the like here and there, most notably in Ashran, since there were other asshole orcs to beat up for once. Buth thankfully we are now good frinds with the asshole orcs for some warped reason,
And now we are at Legion, the horde and alliance are pissed at each other once more, Varian is dead and the alliance under Anduin is reeling from losses, Vol'jin is on his last leg and the legion is looming.
And in that climate saiddying warchief nominated fucking Sylvanas, madwoman extraordinaire, as his successor. A person he openly admits to loathing and who is known for betraying people at the drop of a hat, is the next warchief of the Horde. Brilliant.

Is Lor'themar dead or corrupted and stuck in a raid forever yet? Because last I checked that guy would make a hundred times the leader Sylvanas would.

WoW can't have things that make sense. Come on, where have you been for the past decade?

Lor'thermar is the ruler of a half destroyed city and his main focus is on keeping blood elves stable and alive.

Sylvanas is the only Horde leader that has made her people any stronger. and really her horrible actions are near the same level as the other leaders.

It's her redemption arc. You'll more likely see Greymane or Jaina killed before Sylvanas. Although Sylvanas has one extra life left currently.

Greymane seems to be on the edge though since the introduction to Legion has him completely disobeying all orders and going on a personal revenge quest and secondary war.

>really her horrible actions are near the same level as the other leaders
Compared to who, Stalin? Baine is basically a saint, Lor'themar is a politician to the core, but seems to be largely on the level and Vol'jin was the strongest voice in opposition to Garrosh. Even fucking Gallywix, amoral greed incarnate, hasn't ordered the putrification of an entire town.
And on the alliance side? Moira is probably the only one with any actual nasty history, and even that mostly boils down to some shady shit going on during the dwarven civil war.

Sylvanas did nothing wrong. Damnation for the sake of undeath is not holy, it's tyranny.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Go to Veeky Forums.

Seriously, what. The. Fuck.

>yfw Gul'dan removes Sylvannas and makes the horde great again.

Damnation for turning at least one town into goop, however, is perfectly justified.