Warhammer 40,00 general

Eldar BTFO by based artemis edition
Someone isn't going to get the joke sub-edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

I think I get the joke, but I just wonder why.

What are you working on Veeky Forums on this weekend?
Playing any games soon, or played any games recently?

fuck tau

Been teaching killteam hor to friends and randoms at the shop getting more people into affordable 40k

>Eldar BTFO by based artemis edition
What happened?

Sorry Eldar, it's over.

Might as well join Chaos cause we fucked

That drone seems a little oversized.
Apparently Atremis stopped Eldrad's plan, and the cost for the latter's failure is all of the souls in every Craftworld's Infinity Circuit. It's stupid as it sounds. I'm a Marinesfag and I don't want to believe this.

>I'm a Marinesfag and I don't want to believe this.

It's WAY more that Eldrad did something completely fucking stupid and fucked over his entire race, and didn't take the proper precautions to ensure the Deathwatch didn't show up.

This isn't SPACE MARINES NUMBA ONE so much as it a massive Eldrad fuck-up.

Eldrad was defeated by artemis, the entirety of the infinty circuit's on every craftworld was emptied, and the souls are now gone, and the craftworlds have gone dark.

In short, it did not go well for the eldar

No it's still that because it's a plot convenience contrived on behalf of making sure muhreens WIN BIG

So the Eldar are squatted now? Good. I was wondering when GW would get rid of the space elves. Now if they just get rid of the space orks and space mummies they'll have a setting that people can actually take seriously.

That ...can't be right? Even by 40k standards this sounds really fucking stupid.

I still don't want to believe it. How did other Seers not see Eldrad being so stupidly desperate to help his people? Why didn't the Laughing God break Eldrad's knees so the latter wouldn't do something stupid like this?

How do you fuck up that badly? I mean, dying species and what not, sure, but there has got to be a limit to incompetence, especially given how Eldrad was one of like three people in 40k that seemed to have it together.

Double dubs reconfirm it.

Wait... So what does this mean for the Eldar? All of those souls are gone, right? Did they go to Slaanesh or just disappear? What the fuck is happening?

I'm guessing all of the souls coalesce into a new god-being which the Eldar can field as a 200 pt GMC with T9, 10 wounds, 12 strength D melee attacks and 4d6 Strength D large blast shots per round.

I don't know, user. I want to believe this to be a ruse just to be pic related, but I don't know what to believe right now.
We don't know at the moment. I do think maybe the only way to salvage this is Eldrad wanted the plan to fail just to get Slaanesh to eat Eldar souls so Ynnead can form inside of Slaanesh and kill Slaanesh from the inside out.

If they are not in the circuit or a soulstone they go straight to Slaanesh, usually. Since souls are really fucking hard to actually destroy in 40k I would guess they ended up with him.
I doubt giving a chaos god such apowerboost is good.

Don't forget Fleet

Think about it like fateweaver in a sense.
Eldrad has lived for millenia, and has a great knowledge of his peoples history, remembering the days of power and glory, hoping to bring about a return to that time. He also knows the workings of the future, with his prophecies and psykic foresight, and he works to ensure that his race survives the dark times ahead.
He was to focused on the prophcies of the time to come and the lost glory of the long forgotten past, he couldn't see the present until it was too late. Ironic really.

Sauce on that?

craftworld cucks btfo
dark eldar bros WW@

GW doing marine wank, business as usual it seems.
Unless the whole thing was some sort of "all according to keikaku" move by the Eldar.
I doubt that GW has any intention of removing them from the game, seeing how they are one of their best selling armies after Marines, and have a massive range of models.

What colors should I paint my SoB? They armies they are going to be allied with are Grey and Blue, and Brass and Red.

>GW doing marine wank, business as usual it seems.
Not really. The marines didn't really do much out of the ordinary, this was really all because of eldrad's failure.

>Apparently Atremis stopped Eldrad's plan, and the cost for the latter's failure is all of the souls in every Craftworld's Infinity Circuit.

This kills 'le based mat ward will save us' meme

Eldar being written as retards is the standard fare of marine wank m8.

I feel like it is either a ruse, or we aren't told something important that happened. It wouldn't make sense to utterly fuck over Eldar that severely unless there was some bright side to it aside from marine fanwank.

matt ward didn't write it.

Out Martyred Lady best order

I want to like that but this is just crazy.
>mfw
Pretty hilarious thinking you're probably not next.

>yfw the craftworld eldar getting BTFO causes the dark eldar to start helping the imperium actually revive the emperor rather than just fix the golden throne, because there's absolutely no other hope of stopping chaos now
>yfw this is why eldrad was smiling when artemis beat him, because this was his plan all along

Post yfw Eldar fuck up of the millennia.

Are you niggers seriously so stupid that you think that anything will change because of the death masque?
I mean, come the fuck on, you need to be over 18 to visit this site.

GW won't change jack shit, the Eldar will not go anywhere, and the setting will go on unchanged, as always. You fucking retarded mongoloids are making a big deal out of GW's blatantly shallow hype over this shitty box set.

My ruse senses are going crazy, but there could be a missing detail we're not receiving.

>GW won't change jack shit, the Eldar will not go anywhere, and the setting will go on unchanged, as always. You fucking retarded mongoloids are making a big deal out of GW's blatantly shallow hype over this shitty box set.
Where the hell have you been? 40k is in for some big changes. Not end times and AoS level, but big changes nonetheless.

I decided on Argent Shroud.

They won't be squatting any existing factions regardless, because that would lose them money.

I fucking love the Gorkanaut.

Tomb Kings and Brets disagree.

So, how long until we start seeing Deathwatch armies made up of nothing but TH/SS terminators w/ missile launchers?

No big changes have happened nigger.
Some fluff texts about Emperor's toilet failing isn't a massive change.
And as this user said, the idea that they would squat a well established army that has been part of 40k since it's fucking inception, is absolutely ludicrous.
Fucking nothing will come from this. In a few months, we'll be back to status quo.

Eldar sell on a whole different caliber than tomb kings and brets ever fucking did.

>armies made up of nothing but TH/SS terminators w/ missile launchers
>First rank second rank fire
>60 point veteran squad does 200 points of damage

eldrad is the oldest seer and took steps to make sure none of his potential allies could know what he was doing or help him

Basically all we can take from this is that the Eldar are really fucking dumb.

What we can take from this is that the writers are complete morons who write everybody else but their mary sue marines as retards so that those power armored fags can shine like the polished turds they are.

except marines act like fucking retards all the time

Never as retarded as their adversaries do, because we can't have little Timmy's heroes losing, ever, can we now?

Hopefully never. That's a waste of points.

Put the storm shields on basic marines. Significantly cheaper and gives you extra ablative wounds for your missile battery.

Were did you get these nice pics?
I like them a lot.

Kauyon and mont'ka weren't that long ago, dude. Calm that butthurt a bit.

Apart from the fact they fucked up by winning, they made a huge mistake due to their hatred and ignorance. They really fucked it up and now Slaanesh gets to carry on living.

But shouldn't the Laughing God you know, know about this since Murder Clowns were involved?

Nevermind, I just google them

>What is Sicarus
>Imperial Fists dying just because retreating is heresy
>Black Templars nuking entire hive cities because one person was found heretic
>Black Templars sending entire systems into darkness as they killed a Cacodemon whose death scream killed millions of Astropaths and psykers
>Marines Malevolent trying to steal shit from other chapters just because

Marines are plenty stupid.

Somebody is butthurt

The Mincing Guide to Troubled Birds. It gave a very hilarious description of Owls.
>Owls are the most infamous killers in the bird world. Most of them are nocturnal with puffy heads and eyes like windows upon which are thrown shadows of nightmare. They like to confess to their killings, to the point of bragging. Owls dispatch their victims mostly through bludgeoning, and sometimes by strangulation. They're found of a bit of scalping from time to time, though mostly for fun. A woman was killed by an owl for the crime of having clashing patterns on her outdoor furniture. A case from 1971 of ow-on-human necrophila remains in dispute.

>In stark contrast to the brutality of their crimes, owls are frequently described as educated and charming, though "smelly". In the darkness before dawn they can occasionally be seen running in gangs with escaped circus clowns and Goth kids out past curfew. Their mating is an almost indescribable, difficult experience to observe, with the participants sometimes dying of pleasure. A barn owl (Tyta alba) once successfully impersonated a mailman for several months in St. Charles, Illinois. If you see an owl, or suspect someone may be an owl, play dead immediately, and play it like you're whoring for an Emmy. 134 species in the world; 18 in North America.

How do you play pure skitarii?
What the hell is a skitarii anyways? The man,are they just cyborg humans? Is the start collecting box a good place to start?

The only faction with even more bullshit plot armor than marines are the tau, so bringing them up in defense of marines having the same sort of mary sue traits, is not exactly helping your case.

Yeah, real nice, that totally makes up for the fact that unless there is some massive "just as planned" bs going on, the Craftworld Eldar as a faction, are pretty much dead now, fluff wise at least.

The infinity circuits of all craftworlds being emptied by Slaanesh is pretty much the equivalent of Emperor dying and terra being flooded with daemons, for the eldar.

Nowhere near as butthurt Imperium fags would be if the equivalent of this shit happened to their favorite faction.

Gods in 40k don't really have direct involvement in things that happen. Even the chaos gods are more of a passive element in the setting, reliant on their followers doing stuff for them.

I haven't read the harlequin book, but it's not like they have a rigid command structure. Eldrad probably busted into the black library smashed out of his mind, grabbed a troupe and left to go start shit without thinking twice about it.

>marines never act retarded
>yeah they do, and here is a recent example
>w-well shut up
cool

Skitarii are the military forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
Basically an army of zealous cyborg warriors armed with the best technology humanity has at it's disposal. And yes, the start collecting box is a god damn bargain.

Oddly
AdMechs grunts
Yes

Essentially, Eldrad gets it in his head that he can pre-summon Ynnead before he's ready by hijacking every infinity circuit in realspace. By having Harlequin contacts steal Crystal Seers ( the crystallised remains of Farseers that are hooked into their infinity circuits) from their final resting places, he can do this by using the psychic moon of Coheria, a vast, moon-sized lump of psychoactive crystal in Imperial hands.
However, there's a cost to this. If he does this, every infinity circuit would permanently shutdown, leaving all the Craftworlds and spaceships adrift, and the Exodite worlds open to attack. In addition, the resulting Warp beacon would drown out the Astronomicon, dooming billions of humans to deaths by daemons/cut off from the wider Imperium. Eldrad thinks that the deaths of a vast sum of humanity and the majority of his own kin is an acceptable tradeoff for the death of Slaanesh.
However, no one else thinks this. If he told anyone the truth, he'd be exiled at best.

Shooty.
A foot soldier of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
Augmented humans.
Yes.

So he lies to the Autarchs of Ulthwe and Samm-Hain and gets them to deploy nearly 100k Eldar in the nearby Imperial dockyards to act as a decoy for his great ritual of betrayal. While the IMperials are distracted, he gets to work.
Then, as he's about to finish the ritual, 12 Angry Astartes drop from the sky and kick his ass. I'm serious; the Deathwatch tear through the Harlequins like they're Cultists. The Dreadnought personally stomps into the ritual area and fires a plasma cannon point blank into Eldrad's face. Artemis puts a bolt through Eldrad's Harlequin buddy after straight up telling him he'd rather watch the Imperium fall to Chaos than trust the word of an Eldar.
The ritual is disrupted, the Deathwatch bail out, the crystal moon explodes like the Death star, and Eldrad escapes into the webway, falling unconsious like a damsel in distress as Ynnead is denied his grand entrance.
Slaanesh is laughing their ass off the entire way through.
TL;DR: Chaos wins. Everyone else loses. Especially Eldrad, but he's a dick so who cares about him?

Primed a lot of models today but paints will only get here next week (mail ordered Vallejo ones)

So when is the last time Marine fuck up caused the destruction of the entire imperium, Horus Heresy not withstanding.
Writers may write the marines as morons, but they always portray them far better than most of their adversaries. Only the Tau get treated better than the marines.

>He plays Tau to experience 40K

Assault cannons will do much more work than the missile launchers

The fluff also confirms that few believe in Ynnead being an actual thing among the Eldar.

Requesting the chart comparing units in start collecting box and savings

Way to go, Eldrad. If you suspect that literally everybody in the universe thinks your idea is retarded it might be time take a step back and seriously reconsider your course of action.

>Gods in 40k don't really have direct involvement in things that happen. Even the chaos gods are more of a passive element in the setting, reliant on their followers doing stuff for them.
There was that one world that angered Nurgle, and there is some fluff where a bunch of dudes were having a war for a thousand or so years until they stopped. The following night a blood red moon appeared in the sky and the soldiers were all decapitated.
>Eldrad probably busted into the black library smashed out of his mind, grabbed a troupe and left to go start shit without thinking twice about it.
The clowns probably thought he was joking.

So nothing fucking changes.

Who would have guessed.
Ynnead being born would have been far too big of a change to the setting for GW to handle, so they pussy out with that shit that doesn't change anything at all.

>The infinity circuits of all craftworlds being emptied by Slaanesh is pretty much the equivalent of Emperor dying and terra being flooded with daemons, for the eldar.

The entire point of the Imperium is that its dying, its going to die eventually and all it can do is one last heroic against the countless enemies that assail it and every single victory the Imperium has had is a Pyrrhic one at best.

Besides Eldar still have Cegorach, GW seems to be wanting Cegorach to be the Eldar's new salvation.

Well, i am glad that no matter how old this board gets, one thing remains constant: Eldrad is a fucking dick.

All the Eldar losing the souls of their Craftworlds is something big.

>The Dreadnought personally stomps into the ritual area and fires a plasma cannon point blank into Eldrad's face
dreadnoughts in the fluff have a habit of making the eldar look quite silly

They've killed two phoenix lords and eldrad, now. Pent up resentment for being terrible in game, I guess.

Well, some would argue that shutting down the craftworlds is a pretty big fucking deal.

>The clowns probably thought he was joking.
>their faces when the craftworlds go dark and they get their heads stomped in by space marines

I think this is the up to date version.

Assuming that they actually lost them, and were not tucked away by Cegoragh or something.

I am extremely skeptical of GW actually changing the status quo one bit, because if the Craftworld Eldar actually lost the souls in the infinity circuits, then that faction is dead.
There is no arguing ifs or buts about that. CWE are gone, if they actually lost those souls.

Because without them, the Craftworlds themselves will no longer work, they can no longer make more wraith constructs, nor is peaceful rest away from Slaanesh guaranteed.
That fluff effectively destroys the Craftworld eldar, if everything is as it seems.

Which makes me extremely doubtful that it is, as GW isn't that retarded to squat one of the most well established races of 40k.

I think this one is more fitting or...

Thanks... I guess?!

Don't know, seems stupid even to me.

Maybe there is hope for us.
Or maybe this is just like AoS, were Slaanesh get too many souls at once and become vulnerable.

I would like to know if I should leave the hobby or not. This limbo is frustrating.

See

there are a lot of them that fit, really

If GW actually squats the Eldar, I'm leaving the hobby.
Probably gonna arson their store here as well.

this.
True. I love these pictures.

If you're a Slaanesh player I feel sorry for you. Rumours already point to the major CSM faction fighting against Eldar in that Webwar campaign being World Eaters/Khorne Berserkers. GW won't ever give you guys a bone.

Can someone post the lore we're getting the eldar stuff from? I really want to read it.

Eldarfags everyone

They're best played with Admech or allies that can tank lots of damage and do CQC (Marines), but played alone they're not half bad. Dunecrawlers take the back and lay down fire, chickenwalkers are your designated vehicle hunters (shooty) or anti-whatever fuck you machine (stabby). Use Vanguard to push the front, they'll gun down
pretty much anything (MCs especially shit their pants at the sight of these guys) while Rangers (if you want them, not necessary.) hold objectives and do longer range.

Infiltrators are the ideal anti-MEQ force, while Ruststalkers are great for heavy armor that doesn't do great in close combat (I'm lookin at you, Riptide)

Use arc rifles to ruin every (and I do mean every) vehicle that looks at you the wrong way. Plasma Calivers deal with TEQs beautifully, but be careful with Doctrina Imperatives to negate/ work around gets hot. The Arquebus is cool, but the arc rifle is better unless you know you're keeping the squad way in the back (ideal for objective holders, not much else.) Really you should use Allies, and they work damn well with various ones.

Skittle-boys can be anywhere from cybernetically enhanced Ninjabots to mindless Servitors plunged into battle, or so the Codex says. Generally they're just the best recruits the Admech gets from its Craftworlds (they're version of the guard, more or less- but with a lot more robotics.)

As for the start collecting, it's a great deal and gives some of your best models. You save ~40$ and everything in it you will use. The formations pretty solid too.

I can't stress enough that Admech are best played with allies. Even just a CAD of Destroyers and a Dominus will do a lot for you, but the staying power of Marines or heavy armor of Guard will help you a lot. Skitarii murder anything, but are fairly flimsy themselves, so victory is finding a way to work around that.

They won't squat the Eldar for sure.
They just are going to return to the concept of the "doomed race", which they actually lost writer after writer.

The question was always Slaanesh.
They haven't care in a long time.

Ironically it's getting more attention in AoS than 40k.

I don't understand what they are trying to do.

If they burn my favorite faction, I'll burn their store.
Are you some sort of weakling who seeks no retribution against wrongs done against you?

I mean Forge worlds, not Craftworlds.

The Admech loses technology, not every one of their races souls

So Eldar are not only dying, but they are dying harder now?