Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How do you personally errata Path of War 1 before the real errata comes?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/z4gkzTj
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do you personally errata Path of War 1 before the real errata comes?
I don't I just tell my players to not be assholes and anything they feel is appropriate to use is appropriate to be used on them.
It also helps curb magical shenanigans.

First for awoo!

pls no awoo

How would I most effectivley build a character based around insects and/or swarm tactics?

Witch. Vomit Swarm, Cape of Wasps, Swarm Body, and other fun spells are usable, and you can get a vermin familiar

worth it

Hey /pfg/, I'm trying to get my friend who is new to TTRPGs into a Pathfinder game with me. We've played a few that we found on Roll20, but they always disband for the dumbest reasons. The problem is, he keeps playing the exact same character for every game. He tried playing a new character a single time when a PC killed the character he uses in every game (we've played 5 different games so far; each of them disbanded) but he didn't enjoy playing that character as he felt his original character was the most fun to play.

My question, how do I get him to play a different character? He wants to learn enough about Pathfinder to be a DM sometime, but I think he won't be able to learn too much if he only ever plays one character over and over. Any suggestions?

nth for Sage Familiars are best familair.

Salem was easily the best thing about the show

What happens if I take many potions of cure light wounds and empty them into a single large container? A cask of portions of cure light wounds?

Then you'd have a bunch of potions in one container. You'd still only be able to drink one potion's worth at a time.

Now, if I take two different potions and pour them into one container, what happens?

Whatever the DM wants to happen.

If you're lucky your DM gets you one random potion effect per drink. If you're unlucky your DM says the potion concoction causes you to explode.

The DM slaps you.

So there is no by the rules way. I was wondering if there was some obscure thing from an AP or something.

Now, what happens if I insert a potion through a orifice other than the mouth? Or inject it?

I think there's historical precedence in 2e, but that didn't end well for anyone.

2e had rules, and they're back in 5e.

What about cats

With the errata + the equipment supplement my DM will be finally able to accept Path of War in his table.

>Now, what happens if I insert a potion through a orifice other than the mouth? Or inject it?

If alcohol is anything to go by, they become more potent, so you should treat them as maximized/intensified.
Better get those syringes ready.

>You can't just satisfy your sexual urges with your cat.jpg

What about foxes?

Only if they're sage familiars

Find a game where he can play his character idea to the end, the reason he keeps making the same character is he probably has not had the chance to actually play the character for a satisfactory amount of time.

Fair enough. I'll do that as soon as I can find a game that is actually full of people that can give a fuck enough to do a full game.

My friend and I find games on Roll20 (as that's the only place I know where to look), but usually those games are full of players that don't show up on time/don't show up at all and DMs that don't give a fuck after a short amount of time. I've been looking for a good group for almost 2 years now; not even real life groups I have met have given a fuck enough to actually do a proper full game.

I don't know, how difficult is it to find a good group?

Very. I got lucky and found a group through here, and do some Play by Post over on Giant in the Playground (and have found some reliable groups over there, after 2 years of effort).

Out of curiosity, what is your friend playing?

From my experience, like in real life, it's about connections.
You just have to luck out and find a good group once, and then keep in touch with them. They'll invite you to join games with other people they know who are likely equally decent.

He's playing a chaotic neutral Invulnerable Rager Barbarian. He's the extremely nice barbarian that acts like a fool; being incredibly brash and noticeably stupid (but in a cute way that no one can hate). His Barbarian acts as the glue to the group with his only motivation to adventuring being travelling and having fun with his newly acquired friends (he demands a hug from each member, doing a grapple against your character if your character doesn't voluntarily hug him, as soon as he meets them). He can be a bit annoyingly stupid at times, but he is normally hilarious and a wonderful addition to any group (as his morals mostly are "friendship comes first and those who are dicks to my friends are the ones in the wrong").

Don't do that to animals, because then you get this imgur.com/gallery/z4gkzTj

I've met tons of good people, but most of the time it seems like we get just a few bad people that ruin a game (whether it be players or a terrible DM). Dunno if you have any advice to try and stay in touch with the good players and maybe get them in a game. I'd say to try to make a group out of them, but none of them are ever DMs; and the reason I know no good DMs is because all of them seem to be the type that tried DMing that once and decided against doing it again OR were just terrible DMs.

Huh. I'd actually peg that as a good alignment. Almost reminds me of my dwarven Warder, who's LG and literally a paladin in all but class.

In any case, the character sounds incredibly fun to play, so I don't see any problems with him keeping it. I've done the same when I find a setup I like (especially when the games keep dying). Maybe point him to some similar ideas, like Bloodrager or Brawler. Get some different mechanical takes on his character.

This is not okay...

>I'd actually peg that as a good alignment
Oh no. He is DEFINITELY not good. He's the type that has little morals and straight up does what his "friends" think is best. He straight up slaughtered a little kid because the kid picked his pocket and then taunted the barbarian by showing him the gold he took. The DM was quite surprised, as his Barbarian charged the kid and crit him.

He's quite neutral for the reason of, if he's with a good party, he mostly only does good stuff (as that's what his friends do) but if he's in an evil party, he'll do evil stuff (though he doesn't do it unprovoked; he is leaning more towards good than evil, but doesn't have strong opinions towards evil, thus he'll do evil if that's what is expected of him/that's what his friends want him to do).

There's only one type of thing I'll never get desensitized to; animal abuse. Like, that fucking breaks my heart and enrages me.

Sounds like he made a Minsc. My guess is that yea, he hasn't had enough time to really enjoy this character, destroy shit, etc. Let him get to like level 10 or something, and he should feel sufficiently spent I think.

Is that.. My Little Ponies extracting a chestburster from a spess marine?

What's the best/worse ways you've had a TPK?

Best: Never happened, Worst: Also never happened, but we stopped playing anyways so our characters died in spirit.

It's actually an user's fan art from a scene in a story I wrote on /mlp/ a while back (I am over the pony shit now) where an user is strapped down, drugged, and opened up for research as a new species never seen before (I abandoned the story after I got to a good stopping point because I didn't enjoy how grimdark I ended up making it). I modified it from the original picture to what that picture is because I thought it would make a good reaction picture.

Honestly, I wish I didn't write the story in the MLP universe, just because I want to continue on it, but I don't want to touch any of that pony shit anymore; I only got into it in the first place because sudden chronic depression fucked me up good and I needed something as a vice to try to keep me from thinking of how pointless life is.

Sorry for the blog-tier reply

As a GM my favorite was the time the party met a traveling troll in full plate. The troll shared his fire with them on the side of the road, and told a bit of his story. He was his clan's outrider, sent to search for mercenary work in the capital Had papers and everything. The players knee jerked reactioned because he was a troll, detected evil, and the troll was LE. They tried to force a fight with him that night when they thought the troll was asleep in his tent he was reading. The troll pushed their teeth in.

Least favorite was a straight avalanche that suffocated the party.

Reminds me of The Drop.

>best
Fighting a BBEG with end-of-the-world stakes, 4/5 of us had gone down, Sorcerer nova'd herself to destroy the room, herself, and BBEG.

Wizard had secret backup clone of self, revived us all after, really undercut the stakes we thought we were playing for

>worst
We all got killed at 2nd level by a single fucking crab.

Yes, THAT crab.

That's okay. Did it work? I'm trying to find something to distract me from my own hopelessness until I can finally get to see the doctor.

We had three party members. A Saracen-style knight named Lorik, an assassin named Crossbow (he had forgotten his name so we gave him that name) and a kobold investigator rogue named Olp. We had just escaped a city that was about to get bowled over by an army of undead and were making huge plans to go to another continent and secure national aid to fight back these undead.
On our way to find someone whom could secure us a group of sailors to make the voyage over sea, we ran into a woman whom seemed overly curious about us.
We let her tag along and, low and behold, she was actually a bandit. She got us into an alleyway where four tough mercenary-looking types cornered us and tried to shake us down.
We refused, the woman revealed her true nature and went to stab Lorik in the back. Triple. Fucking. Twenties.
He went down like a log and she immediately got into a position to slit his throat. Crossbow engaged the mercs and I tried to disarm her. I did so successfully but then she went to snap his neck anyways. Again natural fucking twenty, Lorik ded.
So then it's just Olp the kobold and Crossbow the assassin struggle-fighting for like ten rounds before he bleeds out and I go down and (miraculously) stabalize with 1 con hp left. There was only one guy left and he started looting us. I tried to use my last gasp to kill him with a sneak attack to the throat, but he had just enough hp and ended up choking me out instead.

It was sad and anticlimactic but the gritty realism made us not feel as bad about it.

>That's okay. Did it work?
I assume you are asking if watching MLP helped with distracting me from my depression. If so, then the answer is a resounding "YES. A FUCK TON". The main thing about MLP was that there was a fandom that was active, large, and the show was constantly updating and of pretty good quality (it really is a pretty decent show.. or at least it was until I stopped watching, I dunno how it is now), so after giving me an entertaining show full of colorful tones and interesting characters/scenarios, I was able to then go and actively converse about it and further the amount of time and effort I put into it. Because the /mlp/ anons are practically normal anons, but just so happen to like the poni poni shit (instead of acting like the "bronies" that were everywhere else), I was able to actively post and have an enjoyable time afterwords too. It was a form of socializing and integrating into a community that gave my life a bit more purpose and filled my time with activities that I enjoyed, thus keeping me from sitting alone and feeling as if depression would take my thoughts over further. It was not a cure-all, but it definitely helped a fuck ton.

Nowadays I more use Veeky Forums, Pathfinder, and /qst/ to fill that void, because I don't care about the pony stuff anymore.

>I'm trying to find something to distract me from my own hopelessness until I can finally get to see the doctor.
Creating new things helps me. Well that and drugs; adderall helps me deal with depression much easier.

Right now I'm working on a Pathfinder homebrew called the arcanodancer and that seems to take up both most of my time and thought, so I don't have time to be depressed. Being creative I think is probably the best way to combat depression. I'd recommend writing, drawing, creating Pathfinder homebrews, etc. as those all seem to help me (if you're not good at drawing or writing, practicing through doing can feel very rewarding and be a slight rush that you need).

>meme about sage familiars, because any sane person would use a polymorph first
>this is the response I get

That's not okay, user. That's not okay at all. That dog didn't deserve that.

Does Polymorph Any Object give size bonuses appropriate to the new size of the creature?

>DM actually using the triple 20s rule against PCs

Yea... no.

What's wrong with bad guys getting good rolls?

Not that person, but I have issues with the triple 20 rule as a whole. I don't like critical failures. You're already punished, it's not fun to fail even further. I also want my PCs to succeed, because otherwise I have to come up with different plot. That's a pain in the gosh darn butt!

I assume that it would give size bonuses appropriate to the form, similar to whatever spell it emulates (IE: Alter Self, Form of X, Beast Shape, etc)

The fact that enemies will forever be a problem for the PCs. Eventually an enemy will likely get that good insta-kill roll, because every enemy encounter, when looked at as an entire campaign, is practically one long encounter with infinitely spawning enemies that's split up by small breaks for story and other stuff.

shit, meant to quote

Yes, because that's inherent to the size of the object/critter.

Another way to put it:
There are infinite enemy minions within a campaign, but only one of your character.

It's the same reason why you shouldn't let the triple 20's rule apply to bosses. There is only one of that boss and it would be silly for a cheese set of rolls to kill it. It's unique characters vs. minion characters; minion characters are easily replaceable, unlike unique characters.

>adderall helps me deal with depression much easier.

I need to call my manager.

What?

I find the best way to deal with my depression and anxiety is to drink! Before game, after game, during game! Just don't drink too much! I swear I'm not an alcoholic!

Some people don't advocate that "enemies that aren't bosses are little pieces of wet paper towel"

They're dudes that have combat training and have likely been fighting for a while just because they aren't the player characters doesn't mean they wouldn't have some backstories of their own or personal interactions with eachother when they aren't in combat. They're characters too and we like to play on an even playing field as it were, especially since player characters are strong as it is.

Admittedly, when you do get that boss kill holy shit does the entire table just go nuts with excitement, especially when the boss has been absolutely wrecking everyone else. and it's looking like it may be a TPK.

>Some people don't advocate that "enemies that aren't bosses are little pieces of wet paper towel"
I mean, okay, I never said otherwise.

OK, how would you introduce Inception levels of bullshit into your games?

>tfw no path of war Inquisitor archetype

Sup /pfg/, have any of you seen Dark Skies? I want to have my grays look like the ones in that movie, which stats should I use?

What is the Warpath Follower?

Nope, never heard of it.

So, how would one stat/build up Nopon from Xenoblade as a playable race?

I was thinking +2Dex+2Cha/-2Wis, a racial bonus to either Appraise or to handle dinosaurs and such. However, I'm unsure how to stat their ear-wing-hand things.

Literally Warpath Follower

Expanded?

Give 'em their choice of 'use this as hands or use this to glide', I guess?

It's actually not a bad movie, the grays look like pic related.

It's in there, yes

Human? Or the humanoid shadow in the background?

Oh gonna check the Trove then, I just have the base PoW

Horror Adventures really had a chance to introduce something like pic related, where dark and terrible knowledge and the use of it caused insanities. Sadly, they fucking failed.

That was a shitty answer then, it's a shitty answer now. Not to say that HA doesn't completely favor spell casters over martials.

>inquisitor lose his judgement feature to get the maneuvers and stances

why.jpg

I like it, and it has associations with the Cthulhu mythos. It cements the fact we're all insignificant specks and nothing lies in the great yawning void apart from more madness. YMMV of course.

...because maneuvers are way better than judgment?

Seriously, you're trading a meh x/day buff for all day combat prowess and utility. You don't even have to trade out Bane

What are good 3pp classes apart from DSP stuff?
So far, there's Legendary Rogues, the Artisan, the RH Occultist and pact magic.

Artificier

DDS Spherecasters?

Is it the same OP piece of shit it was in 3.5e?

Ok you have to go deeper to convince me on that.Because I'm really used with my dmg + to hit buff with sometimes turning into a HP regen.

Ah, the artificer. So OP that even if you ignore item crafting, it still ended up OP.

it's only OP due to a lack of Errata. My group solved it's faulty errata by making it to where instead of "HURP LIMITLESS SPELLS IN A CAN" you can only put half your int modifier of spells into a single device (rounded down).

Why can't he just play what he wants?
You don't need to play every class in the game to "qualify" as a GM.

Fucking artificers though.

What if you designed a special/magic vial that allowed you to simultaneously drink a potion of cure light wounds, haste, fly, and blur?

I remember that! J.K. Simmons is great, but then he always is.

... Faulty errata being what, "you can craft scrolls?" "You can craft wands?" "You can craft items and break WBL assumptions?"

"You have infusions?"

Are Pathfinder players like De Vanna?

Mostly the wierd science devices thing.

We seem to be thinking of different classes.

Yes.
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer

>J.K. Simmons is great, but then he always is.
Damn fucking straight.