Pokemon Quest #154

Pokemon is Totally All About Drug Raids Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You're in a coastal cabin and under attack by Team Imperium

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Devon (Houndoom)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin (Alakazam)

Not In Party:
Trunks (Trevenant)
Fel (Butterfree)
Vlad (Crobat)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

Oh boy, it's Gobble!

Dan lifts himself from his embedded spot in the soft ground, taking a few bits of mud and grass. He shakes it off.

“We’ve got company!” Connie yells as she throws her Snorlax towards the Golem.

You only see the one Team Imperium member in the distance through the window in the dark, but soon several more start appearing by the light of opening pokeballs.

“Plunderers.” A voice cracks over a megaphone. “A long drop from being respected community leaders.

“General Harris,” Geno mutters under his breath, recognizing the voice.

“I’ll make you a deal. Send your best to battle me. Let me crush them into dust. If you win, I’ll destroy our cameras.”

Your group looks among each other.

“Harris is scum, but he’s never broken his word.” Emma offers. “At least, the exact wording.”

There’s a root cellar that your group might be able to tunnel out of. It’ll take some time, though. There’s also the option to just fight your way out.

You look to Robin. She seems to react best to sneaking out.

>You support that idea. We just need to figure out a way to stall
>Let’s fight our way out
>Volunteer to battle him
>Something else

>Volunteer to battle him
Worth a shot I suppose.

>Volunteer to battle him
Unless Geno wants to take this. I'd rather save our new moves for Hornbeam himself, see if his previous claim that one of his pokemon is worth three of ours had any weight.

Robin does tactics good.
Hope you had a good couple weeks Gobble!

>Volunteer to battle him

>>Something else
"Cameras AND all recordings. Also what's in it for you? What if we lose?"

>Volunteer to battle him
>Something else
Kat battles while everyone else tunnels out. we'll book it once they're out and collapse the tunnel behind us with one of our pokemon, maybe have Levi just smash the opening.

That's a fair point too. Granted I doubt Kat would back down from a challenge, but strictly speaking at least Robin is 'the strongest' here, as long as we haven't had the time to fight her as champion.

Good plan, except how do the others communicate that they're out?

“I’ll go.” You step forward.

“What?” Robin protests. “You can’t just...no.” She gives you a firm look. She must have been practicing that in the mirror. “It’s too dangerous.”

Vernon taps his cane. “Robin. We talked about this.”

“Harris is strong,” Geno warns. “He used to be called the Wind Raptor.”

Clair audibly expels air from her mouth. “Yeah. Okay. Scary.”

An Air Slash strikes the cabin wall. “I’m waiting!”

You wave out the window. “I’ll battle you! But what do you get if you win?”

He swaggers around a bit as a show to his troops before answering. “Your surrender, of course. We’ll be putting you on trial, showing the public that we are the law and order now. Make sure everyone knows to fall in line.”

You head to the door. Robin stops you. “Be careful. We’ll start tunneling, and if you’re not ready to go, I’m coming back for you, okay?”

>Relax. You’re a great battler
>You’ll just stall him and bug out as soon as they’re ready
>Make her promise to keep going even if you’re captured
>Something else

Are we though?

>You’ll just stall him and bug out as soon as they’re ready
Time for staller battle!

>>Relax. You’re a great battler

Wait, who is this General again?

>>You’ll just stall him and bug out as soon as they’re ready
"I'll pull out, promise. But it's not that I need to..."

"We're both girls, dummy."

I don't know, I don't really remember him at all.

[Kat is pretty highly regarded. She's seen as well rounded by most. Noted for having Pokemon that can take punishment and laying on status. Not someone you want to get into a battle of attrition with]

[Previously unmet character. A team Imperium officer that seems pretty highly regarded, though]

>Kiss for good luck.
How goes the datebin Gobble?

>>Relax. You’re a great battler
>>You’ll just stall him and bug out as soon as they’re ready

That's quite the juicy front-butt!

I don't mind the overall idea, but I assume anons are ready for him to have some kind of safeguard against the possibility of Kat fleeing, right? Like setting up in an arena surrounded by pokemon-powered forcefields a la the E4 arena or whatever. I mean, he probably won't have access to that specifically, but something to stop us at least.

Tangently related new mons, forms, and team in pokenews. One of those mons is a sweep-stopper too.

We'll probably be surrounded by a bunch of bad dudes anyway

Yeah, but bad dudes are bad at stopping a charging Gyarados.

And status stop the anti-sweeper

Durr, meant to reply to of course.
Also I'm staying unspoiled on anything pokemon, gotta get SOME surprises once they actually arrive.

“Relax. I’m a great battler. I’ll stall and bug out as soon as we’re ready.”

Robin relents. “As leader, I officially order you to keep your word.” She looks down. “O-okay?”

“I promise.”

You kiss her on the cheek.

You’re handed a pill for the drug that blocks psychic powers. “They don’t last too long, but it should take a lot longer than any battle.” There’s another warning that it might slow your reflexes slightly. Emma seems concerned that an altered state may make mega-evolution difficult, but she’s only speculating and isn’t sure.

They might now know about it. The group has only hammered out a few helmets so far. They’re crude and heavy, but can also probably do the job.

The signal that the tunnel is ready will be a Thunder strike. Can't miss that.

>Take it now. Don’t take any risks
>Save the pill and go. Keep it in reserve just in case
>Ask for a helmet instead
>Something else

Let's not take risks just in case something goes wrong. That's just backwards logic.

[Mostly done. Will have it in the next few days if not tomorrow]

>>Save the pill and go. Keep it in reserve just in case

>>Take it now. Don’t take any risks
One, we should not need to Mega here anyway.
Two, let's not tip them on the helmets just yet.

>Ask for a helmet instead

I'm waiting very warmly! Constantly have to make sure my chair isn't melting!

[Tell me about it. The heat this summer is insane. Canucks melt like snowpeople when it gets too warm]

Over here we've had a lot of blessed rain the past week at least, so that's been okay. But next week it's back to blistering heat again. Not sure I'm gonna live.

You swallow the pill quickly and head out the door. Team Imperium members surround you and the cabin in huge numbers.

“Kept me waiting.” General Harris says. He’s a large, strong looking man with a military look about him. Except for his smile. There’s a smug condescension glued on his face there.

“We weren’t expecting company.”

He grins some more. “I hope nobody is going to attempt to escape. We have you surrounded on all sides. Besides, it wouldn’t look too good to see the old guard be such cowards.” He gestures around to the huge numbers of Team Imperium members.

That’s when you notice it. These are all just regular people. Probably taken from local towns. You thought it was weird they’d have such big numbers.

And that’s probably why he’s making a show of this. He wants to make an example.

“Three on three okay with you? Since you’re not even a gym leader or anything like that, I’ll let you pick whatever works best for you. It’s a shame the OLD COWARDS are hiding behind a LITTLE GIRL.” He shouts at the cabin.

Dan floats up beside you. He’s only taken a minor hit.

>Three on three sounds fine
>One on one
>Let’s do a double battle
>Something else

We want to stall so better than 1v1. And doubles gives a chance of a pokemon getting tag-teamed and blown up quickly.

Can we see the Pokemon that used Air Slash?

Bring it, jackass.

Who are we gonna use? Other than Dan, who's slightly injured, most of our pokemon seem fairly evenly durable in their own ways. I definitely think we should use Destiny as one of them for her dodging. Is Aria back in good shape yet?

throw out a pokemon early, show him we're not worried about him at all. I'd say throw out Destiny for that evasion and ice moves

Do not.
I say we wait and see, no plan survives the enemy.

I suppose, just throw out whoever seems fairly well-matched with his pokemon I guess.

>Let’s do a double battle

“Three on three sounds fine to me.” You take what he suggested.

He looks incredibly confident. “You’re a fool for underestimating our strength.” He opens his arms wide and turns to the crowd. “The old power structure is no more. You can’t hide behind your corrupt laws and anti-progress ways. We’re building a new future. A human future! No longer will people be forced to slow down the march of civilization because of concerns about Pokemon. Are we not the natural rulers of this world?”

He points forward and a Charizard lands in front of him, roaring.

“Go on, little girl. Use whatever type advantaged Pokemon I know you’ll choose. See if your silly games matter.”

>Devon (Houndoom)
>Leviathan (Gyarados)
>Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
>Destiny (Kingdra)
>Aria (Meloetta)
>Raistlin (Alakazam)
>Try to get under his skin
>Try to appeal to the crowd
>Something else

>Leviathan (Gyarados)

>Raistlin (Alakazam)
This guy is a psycho and probably a murderer, but you don't need to be afraid of him! Once I kick his ass you'll be free to go!

>>Try to get under his skin
The smallest Lillipups bark the loudest.

>Aria (Meloetta)

Raistlin (Alakazam)
Ill back the write in for

Changing >Raistlin (Alakazam)

>Raistlin (Alakazam)
Thus guy sure is cocky. Let's hope his confidence is misplaced.

People do realize the crowd could easily be under mind control?

>Proffesor Douchebag not think highly enough of you to give you a proper army huh?

Could, but if so why would he need to appeal to them for Imperium's way of doing things too?
Presumably the MC can't be constantly active, everywhere at least.

>Leviathan (Gyarados)
By not choosing a pokemon with a type advantage, aren't we letting him get under -our- skin? Like do we have anything to prove to this guy?

It is mostly that Charizard can learn thunder punch.

“The smallest Lillipups bark the loudest.”

His face contorts slightly, but he brushes it off. “Like broadcasting a yearly tournament for all the world to see how strong you think you are?” He points forward. “Enough stalling, coward. Let’s get this started so we can show the world what you’re really made of.”

His Charizard roars. There’s something really weird about it, but it’s hard to tell in the dark.

“Raistlin! Go!” You throw out your Alakazam. He floats above the ground meditating.

Charizard flaps it’s wings and lifts itself into the air. It’s on.

You shake your head. They weren’t kidding about that drug slowing you down. It’s nothing too big, but it’s a distraction.

>Nothing but dodging with Teleport
>Psychic. Hit it with your strongest move
>Miracle Eye. He might try something
>Shadow Ball. There’s something weird going on
>Focus Blast. It won’t hurt much, but it’ll make him angry
>Energy Ball at it’s mouth right before it uses a fire move
>Something else

>Energy Ball at it’s mouth right before it uses a fire move
If there is an illusion, this will cancel it, and if there's not then we mess up his ability to attack.

Observe first.

[Apology butt for forgetting a picture]

How exactly does Psychic work in this game Gobble? Because just holding Charizard's wings in place and just watching him fall to the ground in a heap would be pretty funny.

He's baiting type advantage and the pokemon is acting weird, I'd guess its a weaker pokemon and wants to broadcast us wailing on it. If not, we still stall for people to escape.

Maybe it's actually a Zoroark and that's why the Miracle Eye option is here?

>There’s something really weird about it, but it’s hard to tell in the dark.
fucker is mega evolved isn't it?

>Miracle Eye. He might try something

Not sure it would be able to fly if that were the case.

If we start off by just dodging, won't he catch on to our stalling plan?

>Destiny (Kingdra)

Try hitting something that can't be touched.

Also, sorry I'm late, glad to see I arrived when it's getting good though.

Incidentally Gobble, just how much of this latter half of the quest inspired by the Manga?

It is just taking the defensive.

Let's see what we're up against.

We haven't heard anything about blue fire, so it's not Mega Z anyway.

Rolled 29 (1d100)

[Roll!]

Rolled 24 (1d100)

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Dice!

Rolled 68 (1d100)

Let's try this again.

Geez, anons.

It is more than a 29!

Rolled 23 (1d100)

>Dat pic
Damn. Kat and Jeanine Bully younger trainer when?

Also... Gobble.. if your next quest is running in a different setting, how will you post pokegirl butts?

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Testing my dice

We're just saving the good rolls for someone who ain't a chump.

I kinda wish Jeanine had that gyaru coloring now...

Good rolls like 69?

Am I the only one who thinks the next pokemon quest ought to have a male protag?

There are fewer girls in Avatar though. Pokemon has a limitless number of pokesluts!

Nah. Also we voted on this. Gobble is apparently doing an Avatar quest next. Air Bender not blue cat people who should be exterminated.

Gobble would probably let us make a swagmaster bender that gets a harem

Those are for Robin.

Going to act like a dude either way so there's not much distinction.