Yugioh thread

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs08XuC62LU
>there are people right now who have never played this game before and know nothing about it's gameplay that will take 1 look at this video and believe pendulum is broken
They are wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=meOOzZiuQUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They have played before they just don't like how muh stronges monster can't stand a chance against a combo

Posted this in last thread, but it died. What do people think: yea, or nyeh? I'm still looking to make some changes here and there.

The Meta's a bit meh right now imho, and with dueling network down, I can only play Goat Control with my friends (who otherwise don't play) and bored randoms after tourney rounds

Needs more skeletons.

Shameless self bump.

Calling them "brilliant" zombies is a bit arrogant don't you think?

Skull Servants? Nah, 2spooky, and they don't lend themselves to synchro toolbox/Omega spam, the aim of this deck, all that well.

If it seems arrogant, that's not what I meant. =/

Lots of stuff runs Brilliant Fusion these days. I'm not creative on the name front, but I like the name "Brilliant Zombies" better than "Omega.dek". And I wouldn't be doing Shiranuis justice if I were to name it after them cause I run so few of them.

It's just a joke user, I'm getting on you for calling your deck brilliant.

Any1 here knows where can i trade magic cards for yu-gi-oh cards?

Find a yugioh player who just quit to pick up magic.
Or try your local card shop owner.

Pendulum didn't break Yugioh.

XYZ did.

XYZ didn't break yugioh.

yuigoh isn't broken

Daily reminder that anyone who genuinely believes this is merely delusional and should be ignored.

XYZ changed the entire way the game is played, shifting the focus almost entirely to the XYZ monsters.

Yes, during XYZ format the game was focused on XYZ, how is that broken?
During synchro format the game was focused on synchro.
During fusion format the game was focused on fusion
During beatdown and lock format the game was focused on beatdown and lock.
Pendulum is really the only exception to this rule, ever since it appeared synchro, fusion and XYZ have all been equally represented.

Synchro, fusion, and all other mechanics before it never featured quite as heavily, they blended into the game naturally. XYZ was the first disruptive mechanic.

>Synchro, fusion, and all other mechanics before it never featured quite as heavily, they blended into the game naturally. XYZ was the first disruptive mechanic.
No. Do you not remember that plauge zombie bitch being in every single deck, and friggin rescue rabbit shitting Goyos and Brionacs everywhere?

Rescue cat*

Clearly you don't quite remember how much glad beasts, heroes and cyber dragons took over the game during GX format.

Scapegoat might not be a mechanic, but it's certainly a playstyle and it was VERY disruptive during yugiohs early days.

This has to be a troll. If it's not a troll then you are a complete idiot who hasn't played at any point BUT the synchro format.

Considering his lack of response since he posted that, I think we can safely assume it was a troll.

Trying to run a strong Magician Girl deck seems to be impossible. Mixing it with the main Magician cards is the biggest drawback. After I got that cool Duel Set, too. At least Choco is awesome.

That's because magician girls are bad.

I know they are, but I like them. They have a unique ability, and it's fun when you pull off an unexpected play with that. Lemon combos well with Illusion Magic, and Kiwi is useful in protecting yourself from Eternal Soul. I'm pretty proud of the recipe I worked out.

I stopped playing a while ago but once in a while I feel like playing but since dueling network is down I haven't been able to get my fix.
>What do Veeky Forums?

YGOpro, the same thing everyone else did when DN went down.

what's your current petdeck that nobody else plays?

Gobble or get wrecked motherfucker.

Gusto. Feels good winning because my opponent has something strong out.

What's that alt card art?

Relatedly I recently won by smashing Dark Soul into Chaos Max and then Saber Reflecting so I know the feeling.

>people were too focused on rhongobongo and key beetle memes that basil was passed onto the side for igknights

>What's that alt card art?
There's no alt card art in that image as far as I'm aware of.

There is one weird looking Egul.

There's an icon over it since its effect is nullified.

Seems like nobody runs constellars anymore. Makes me sad knowing that my DT playsets is the only thing that keeps others at locals interested in them.

Fitting a Pharaohs beast in wouldnt be bad, zombie master is good for dumping and reviving, I like running level eater and jet synchron, teching in a small yang zing engine (3 chiwen, 2 taotie and 1/2 denlong) makes better/longer combos and desu, zombies don't need brilliant, 1 normal can get you huge ass combos, taking brilliant out opens room for either more tech or consistency, but its also 4 AM and im buzzed so take my rambling with a grain of salt

Genex.

Just kidding, it's impossible to play genex;

honestly the thing I don't like about the game these days is how fast paced it is these days

Mate, unless you played during the HAT and Geargia format where set Armor/normal Myrmeleo set 5 was a normal opening play and the rest of the game consisted of trying to bait each other's backrow while poking with value monsters every opening you don't get the right to talk about the game being too fast. Or the fucking Cosplayer format where one fuckup meant death pre sideboard.

I suppose technically it's this. It's been a while since I've touched on it though, so I guess it doesn't really count that much.

I need to get back to tinkering with it since this was a really poorly thought out decklist from when the magician support first came out.

Yugioh has the opposite problem that magic did:
>new cards are hilariously overpowered in comparison to old cards

And why is this a bad thing?
>People who played competitively suddenly find their whole deck unsusable from the stupid banlist updates and general unplayability
>Casuals are left up a creek, the difference between playing a casual legacy deck vs a casual standard deck

Magic figured it out, if your good cards are suddenly uplayable, people will assume your whole game is a giant cash grab, which it most certainly is. There aren't enough people playing to justify other formats, so it's perpetual standard vs jank casual, making the game completely inaccessible. There isn't even a singleton format, you basically need playsets of everything or you're fucked.

I don't like how, easy, regular summonable monsters these days all somehow have effects that make them unaffected by battle and/or card effects, back then you only expected that shit out of crazy hard-to-summon cards. Balance was always a questionable issue in this game but right it's out of control, straight up power creep.

Name 1 card.

Majespector Unicorn - Kirin. Pendulum meta makes summoning it a breeze, it can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects.
Beelze, a level 8 synchro with only restriction being that it needs a dark tuner, can't be destroyed by battle or card effects.
Seven Sins. Summon Last Strix, use it's effect to bring out Ultimate Falcon, then XYZ over it. Can negate destruction once, 4k attack.
Clear Wing and Crystal Wing, negate nearly every effect and destroy.
Cyber Dragon Infinity, remove an overlay to negate and destroy. Turn a face up attack monster your opponent has and make it an overlay unit.

All are outed by Kaiju.
Kirin is only used by Pendulum decks and Pendulum is tier 2 at best.
Beelze has never been a problem.
Seven Sins doesn't see much play.
Clear Wing isn't used much.
Crystal Wing can only negate 1 effect, its not hard to play around it.
Infinity is only a problem if its backed with Traps.

>Clear Wing isn't used much.
Funny joke user

Also the question was whether there were any cards that negated destruction in some form. If your definition of negating destruction is "can't be tributed for kaiju/lava golem" then Kristya is your card, it stops special summons.

I havent seen Clear Wing in long time. Crystal Wing sees more use because of Ultimaya.

is acting like every deck has its own Towers.q

There is only 1 card in the game that can be unaffected by cards effects and indestructible in battle, and he loses those effects after a few turns, and he's hard as balls to summon with all his effects.

Can he be tributed for Kaijus?

Yes.

Is it Rhongobongodingodongo?

It is.

5 mat Rhongobongo is probably the hardest monster to get rid off. Its only oug Xyz Encore.

Just wait for it to run out of mats, 9/10 your opponent won't have any other cards to use on you so just keep setting monsters until you can start wombo comboing.
Or just kaiju that fucker.

Can't Kaiju it if it has 4+ mats

Oh yeah. Well, just solemn it and watch opp scoop.

Set marshmallon and wait.

S'up.

Good luck bringing him out in a rhongobongo deck after using all your cards to summon bongolongododongo

???

Face-down attack position, so what?

I think it's criminal how few people mix archetypes anymore. I play pic related and I love it.

I also run PSYFrames. I love it. I run a Jar of Avarice in case someone tries to wait for me to run out of cards. I can even reuse it when necessary with Omega.

Speaking of, my inzektorzoic decklidy could use some refinement.

>pic related
Ummm...

Flip effects, and attacking it can kill the attacker.

I'm certain it needs other cards to be used to its full potential

Forgot pic.

youtube.com/watch?v=meOOzZiuQUk

Kaiba > Yugi confirmed

You took 2 bad decks and made something worse than both. Congratz.

But pendulums are broken. They have basically no resource cost and are able to ramp up extremely fast with shit like sky iris. They are the worst mechanic to be added to Yugioh by far. Synchro summoning required a lot of resources, XYZ have limited effect uses while Pendulums can just be used forever. It doesn't help that cards like summoner's call exist too.

Its a computer. Kaiba gets promptly BTFO by real Yugi.

If that were true, explain why they've literally never done shit in the meta outside of PePe which was so deliciously broken that it didn't even need to pendulum summon and required an emergency list to shit down

>Inzektors
>Bad

You're funny.

>synchro requires resources
Ok, whatever you say man.

Pendulums are convoluted but they are in no way broken. You have to -2 to even do anything and even then you need to build up the extra deck a lot to get anything out of it.
>Synchro summoning requiring a lot of recources
>XYZ limited effects mattered since they plussed immediately and did their job before they died
hurr

>4 year old deck
>best cards limited
>good in any way

You're stupid

>They have played before they just don't like how muh stronges monster can't stand a chance against a combo
You don't have a strong enough monster then.

Everything in your post is wrong, there's no point in trying to tell you what's wrong because you got literally everything wrong, you know NOTHING about the game casual shitter and i would advice kys

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE SUPPORT KONAMI

>Synchros
>resources
Fucking kek

Technically one could say that the deck itself is a resource, and he used a lot of it in the related webm.
But saying synchro requires a lot of resources is still a dumb statement.

If anything pendulum requires more resources than synchros purely because of the scales.

POST YOUR SHOUKAN FACE!

>Best cards had to be limited
>Only need 1 of each
>Bad in any way.

You're still funny.

YOUR SHOUKAN FACE

>Inzektors
>good
Wew

Even if Inzektors came back to full power and somehow made it through the oodles of stun currently with their show as shit deck they'd still fold to a single indestructible untargetable monster.

>>Only need 1 of each
You're still stupid

>that face
>that get
Oh dear

>Summoned AtoZ Dragon Buster Cannon

I just downloaded YGOpro and I'm looking to get into the game. Any deck recommendations? I'm watching GX right now so if Hero decks are still good I could use one of those.

The AI had a pre-built masked hero deck you can use.

Masked Heroes are good.
Dheroes just got some support and they're pretty decent right now too.

All I know is from the show. I need deck recommendations not card types. I couldn't build a deck if my life depended on it.

>All I know is from the show
You have ALOT of learning to do.

Nah man, in the event of an untargetable undestroyable monster, you simply stall, and hopper directly into their life points. It's annoying, but more than doable.

You're still funny

>Inzektors
>not good

E-HEROS are the current tier 0, just copy Jaden's deck. Gladiator Beasts are also making a comeback.

Try and stall against me bro, see what happens.

I never said that I stalled with defense position monsters.

What are you gonna stall with then? Traps? Swords of revealing light?