Mortal Kombat: New Defenders Quest #1.2

Hello and welcome back to Mortal Kombat Konquest. Our thread is continuing straight from the last one, so we'll be starting straight off from there! Our would-be hero, Samantha Stryker, just unleashed an immortal beauty named Omegis upon the island, who then proceeded to capture Shang Tsung in a bottle. But what will happen next...?

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
Past Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal Kombat Konquest

Official Thread Document: docs.google.com/document/d/12-IT8pOV-Zql8AQeJwJuojjMDWRtzdPb60i-9qKCQeo/edit?usp=sharing

Rules of Kombat: pastebin.com/xtgE60XZ

Twitter: twitter.com/DamashiKonquest
Discord: discord.gg/8BHvxRH
Official Novelization: archiveofourown.org/works/6325183/chapters/14492272

Our story continues now!

"Wait!" Sam says, stopping them both. "I let her out of the bottle and she trusts me. She's friendly with me, but perhaps not so much with you. Let me go talk to her and I'll bring her up."

Takeda seems unconvinced, but Cao nods. "Alright, sure. Go get her."

Just then, Forrest Fox enters through the doors. He sees Sam. "You found her here?"

Takeda holds up a hand. "Yeah, it's all good over here. I was about to radio it up, but there's a bit of a situation." He looks at Sam and says, "Well? You going to go get her?"

"Right..." Sam says as she walks down the stairs. At the bottom, in Shang Tsung's lab, she finds Omegis in front of the shelves and a desk, mixing things up. She is combining ingredients, measuring and muttering small incantations.

"Omegis?" she gets her attention.

The redhead looks back and smiles. "Oh, Sam! I'm sorry, I asked to be alone."

"I know, but... There are others upstairs now."

"I thought you were the only one?"

"Well, I meant in the palace," Sam thinks quickly. "But I have some friends. They're from the base."

Omegis nods and smiles again. "Oh, wonderful! More new friends. I'm almost done here."

Sam looks nearby and sees the bottle containing Shang Tsung in front of her. It's still not out of her reach, so Sam can't go for it.

Omegis holds up a bottle of glowing pink liquid and inhales. "Ah... Just like I used to make so long ago."

"What is that?" Sam asks.

"Energy!" Omegis replies, downing the entire bottle in just two gulps. "Ahhhh!" She stretches out her limbs again, feeling completely re-energized. "Oh, that was just what I needed! Five hundred years trapped in a bottle does terrible things to your spine..."

She begins to gather up other bottles into a small bag, along with the genie lamp, before hoisting it over her shoulder. "Now then, shall we meet these others?"

Sam stands aside as she walks up the stairs before following quickly behind her. At the top, she hears Takeda, Fox and Cao chatting, but all three of them stop to look at Omegis as she walks out.

"Holy..." Takeda mutters.

"My, my, my, what do we have here?" Omegis says, giving them a smile as she places a hand on her hip. "Three handsome young men. I haven't seen such a sight in centuries..."

Almost immediately, Takeda steps forward and holds out his hand. "Hi. I'm Takeda. Takahashi Takeda."

She takes his hand and shakes it. "Omegis, the Immortal Beauty."

"You can say that again..." he replies with a smile.

Omegis looks him, Cao and Fox up and down, and they do the same for her. "Such fine young warriors. I don't suppose you're here as my welcoming party?"

Takeda chuckles and rubs his chin. "No, not really, but we'd be happy to take you to the others."

"That sounds fantastic!" Omegis says with glee. "I'd love to meet everyone."

"I heard you put Shang Tsung in a bottle, is that true?" Cao asks.

She shrugs. "He had it coming."

The thief gives a casual shrug. "Yeah, I think so too. I mean, it's not like we were really using him."

"Maybe this means the team can have the rest of the island," Fox points out.

"Oooh, team?" Omegis asks. "Sam didn't mention a team."

Takeda puts his hands on his hips. "That's right, ma'am. We're the New Defenders, the best fighters from Earthrealm and Outworld."

"Earthrealm and Outworld, cooperating? My, my, my, I have a lot of catching up to do... I don't suppose we could do this somewhere more comfortable, could we? And I could do with a change of clothing..."

At the mention of her changing clothes, Takeda jumps forward and takes her by the arm. "Absolutely! Right this way! We'll give you the grand tour."

Sam watches as the three of them completely ignore her and focus entirely on Omegis, walking her towards the door, and she wonders what exactly is going to happen next...

>Follow them to the base
>Try and find Kaito's group
>Run ahead and make it to the base before them
>Try to seperate one of the men from Omegis
>Other

>Try to seperate one of the men from Omegis
aww fuck she's a succubus type.

>Follow
>Lag behind with Fox
>Separate and talk to Fox
This is stupid, he's letting his dick get in the way of his brain.
>Call it in.

>Other
Ask her what exactly was in that potion. Saying that she made energy is kind of vague

I think that's for the best
Fox is the most professional out of the trio, and we don't have what it takes to get away and find the others on short notice

Also, have Takeda always been this insufferable?

> try and seperate

> Fox you need to snatch her bag. We can't have her having acess to Shang Tsung's power on top of her own.

Sam hurries along quickly and notices that Fox isn't as quite wrapped up in Omegis' charms as the other two. She walks up next to him and talks to him. "Do you think something strange is happening?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, look at them," she says, pointing at Takeda and Cao. They're both chatting her up as they walk and talk.

"Not really," he admits. "Takeda's always been friendly to women."

"Not to me!"

"I'm sorry, I meant beautiful women." Sam gives him a look that is part fury and part surprise. "I mean no offense, Samantha, but... Look at her. Tell me you don't understand what Takeda thinks when he sees her."

"I got it!" she snaps at him. "You could be a bit more POLITE about it!"

"I apologize. I didn't really mean to imply... Nevermind. The point is that I don't see anything odd with Takeda, and Cao has always seemed rather similar to him in this regard."

"But she put Shang Tsung in a bottle!" Sam says. "I mean... isn't that a bit suspicious?"

"I don't think so," Fox says, scratching his head. "I mean, I understand where you are coming from, but... Shang Tsung was once an evil sorcerer. Even if he was more mellow recently, that doesn't necessarily excuse all of his past crimes, does it?"

"Well, he died, didn't he?"

"Yes, as I understand it, twice even. That's why he stopped being the way he was."

"So don't you think it is a bit unfair to put him in a bottle? Even if he did it to her in the first place..."

"Maybe so," he nods. "Perhaps we should discuss it with the others."

"Do you think you could steal it? Her bag, I mean?" she asks him. "You're a good thief, right?"

"I'm an assassin," he clarifies. "But a thief when it helps, yes. But are you sure she means harm?"

Sam looks at Omegis as she laughs at one of Takeda's jokes. She places a hand on Cao's shoulder and gently rubs his skin as she replies to the young Shirai Ryu warrior.

'Something just doesn't... feel right,' Sam thinks to herself.

>Tell Fox to go find the others
>Go with them to the base
>Go find the others yourself; tell Fox to keep an eye on her
>See if you can get Omegis alone and talk to her as you walk
>Other

>Tell Fox to go find the others
>See if you can get Omegis alone and talk to her as you walk
pay attention for words such as "Acolyte", "Disciple" or "assistant"

>Go find the others yourself; tell Fox to keep an eye on her
We need an adult

>See if you can talk to her alone.
>Send Fox ahead

This

> See if you can Omegis alone

> Giving Fox an opening to steal the bag?

Seeriously Fox you must see this shit.

"Fox, I need you to go find the others, okay?" she says to him.

He looks at her, not sure if he quite believes the severity of the situation that her tone of voice and the look on her face implies, but still he nods. "Alright. I will. I won't be too long."

He falls back and runs off into the jungle.

Sam looks back at Omegis and the other two and runs up. "O-Omegis! Can I talk with you for a moment?"

Takeda seems a bit annoyed. "What is it now, Sam?"

Omegis waves a hand. "It's fine! I owe her a lot. She's the one who freed me, after all. You should be thanking her for my company!"

She giggles and Takeda and Cao both laugh along with her as she leaves them to walk up to Sam. "What is it?" she asks.

Nearby, Takeda and Cao look at Omegis, shamelessly ogling her backside. Takeda whispers something to Cao, which makes the thief chuckle and nudge the Shirai Ryu in the ribs.

Sam looks back up at Omegis. "It's just that, I, uh... What exactly was in that potion you drank?"

She shrugs. "Just a muscle relaxant. I was terribly tense. It also helped wake me up a bit and make sure I was clean and focused. Would you like some?"

"That's alright, maybe later," Sam says. "There's just a few things I thought you should know about the base we're going to. Our team is made up of about fourteen people, men and women, and it's still under construction, so there's a lot of people there."

Wanting to gauge her reaction, Sam made sure to talk about all of the people. But Omegis doesn't seem daunted at all. "That's fine. I wouldn't mind meeting the rest of the team. Do you think any of them can cook?"

"Well, actually, I'm a pretty good cook..." Sam says.

Omegis smiles. "Then perhaps you could give me the honor of making my first meal in five centuries? I'm so hungry, I feel as though I'm about to shrivel up!"

Sam looks at her, trying to find something unusual in her reaction, but there doesn't seem to be anything blatantly 'wrong' with her...

Takeda walks up to her. "Come on, the base is right this way."

The four of them resume walking as she continues chatting with Takeda and Cao. Sam listens in, curious to know what she wants to know, but it all seems fairly normal and harmless... She's just asking questions about who they are, where they're from, wanting to hear about their stories...

But still she wonders. 'I can't shake the feeling that something is just... off. Am I being jealous right now of the attention she's getting? No, that can't be it... can it?'

Up ahead, the base can be seen. Takeda and Cao are both intent on bringing her inside to show her around.

>Go inside the base and follow them around
>Go inside the base and prepare a meal
>Stay outside and wait for the others
>Head back towards the jungle and see if you can intercept the other group
>Other

SAM STOP GIVING INTEL!

I think we just got pheremoned to shit.

> Stay outside.

>other

Work out how we just got the one guy willing to teach us imprisoned and evaluate life choices.

>Head back towards the jungle and see if you can intercept the other group

>Go inside the base and follow them around
Remain suspicious. Cook only if you know for sure they are confined in the dining room.

I think the guys will run their mouths more than Sam

As they go to enter the base, Sam slips away from them and heads back towards the jungle. As she makes her way up the path, she thinks about what is happening.

'Okay, so they're getting very friendly with Omegis. That's not dangerous in itself, but they seem just a bit TOO friendly with her...'

She stops suddenly when she hears a rustling in the trees nearby, like something large is coming through. She looks and sees Sheeva trampling through the jungle!

"Sheeva! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad to see you---"

Sheeva walks over and stands in front of Sam, looking down at her with a stern expression.

"We have been looking for you."

"I know! Takeda, Cao and Fox found me and---"

Sheeva suddenly scoops down and picks Sam up, hoisting her over a shoulder.

"Hey! Stop! Put me down, I'm trying to warn you about something!"

"The only 'warning' that will be given is to you if you run off again. I will not spend my time on this team hunting you down, and if I have to do this again, it will not end as nicely as this time."

"You don't understand! There's a sorceress in the base!"

Sheeva immediately stops and puts Sam down in front of her. "Speak. Now."

Sam then, as quickly and efficiently as possible, tells her what happened.

"You are a fool for having unleashed her," Sheeva says.

"Do you know who she is?"

"No, I do not. But Kaito had an accord with Shang Tsung, as loathsome as he may be. We know nothing about this woman and cannot trust her. You will find the others, and I shall deal with her."

"Thank you," Sam says, a bit relieved. "I'm glad someone is listening! I think she might have Takeda and Cao under some kind of spell."

"I shall see to that," Sheeva replies. "Find the others."

She then kneels down and jumps up into the sky, launching herself out of the jungle.

"Woah..." Sam says as Sheeva leaps away.

>Find the others
>Wait here on the path
>Go back to the base
>Head towards Shang Tsung's palace
>Other

>Go back to the base
Its hero time. Gotta prove ourselves.

>Find the others
>Head for the base

>>Find the others

Although Sheeva said to go find the others, Sam decides to follow her back to the base. Surely, if anyone can resist some kind of trick that Omegis is playing, it would be Sheeva, right? After all, she's the strongest woman on the team, and her shokan physiology must make her as mentally resillient as her body!

Sam runs back to the base and enters it, looking around. She doesn't find them initially, until she enters the rec room. Pushing open the door, she looks and sees a sight that makes her stop in her tracks.

Takeda and Cao pushes the two couches together to make a kind of padded surface for Omegis to lie on, and she is, while Sheeva uses all four of her hands to massage her back. The shokan works her fingers all across the woman's skin, rubbing her muscles.

Omegis is also nude.

"Mmmm... You shokan are so skilled at this..." she murmurs, a look of contentment on her face.

Takeda then enters the room, carrying a new set of clothes for her and a water bottle. He hands the water bottle to her as he sets the clothes, which consist primarily of a bikini, down alongside her.

Nearby, Cao merely sits and watches the scene with a smile on his face as his arms are folded. The bag containing all of her goods, including the bottle, is alongside Cao. He almost seems to be... guarding it.

Sam's eyes go wide. 'This can't be happening...' she thinks. 'This is terrible! I... I have to find the others and warn them!'

She leaves the room and runs out the way she came.

>Find the others and bring them here
>Find the others and warn them to stay away
>Wait for them to come back
>Try and get Takeda, Cao or Sheeva out of the room and speak with them
>Other

>Find the others and warn them to stay away
We are doomed.
Goddamnit Sheeva, this is like the Quan Chi-fiasco all over again!

>>Find the others and bring them here
If Sheeva snaps out of this she'll be so pissed

> Back to base.

Anyone feel lke Sam is going to absolutely rub this in takeda's face?

I...what?

>Find the others and warn them to stay away for a bit
>Come back and act like Kaito wanted us to relay a message to them in private
>Try to get these three out of the room and talk to them
The fuck?

> Tell the other she got mind magic bullshit

Hey Damashi, wouldn't Cao's Iron Will Screw Omegis?

Also, Sam should probably have a moment of "Am I immune to mind control" theorizing here.

Maybe it doesn't work because he doesn't want to resist?

I dunno, just seems a bit odd to me.

Omegis succubutt > Shao Kahn Apparently.

I see what you mean, but I interpret it as

Tries to control your dick > Tries to control your soul

Maybe we should find em, warn them off then come back and tell them Kaito offered to hide the bottle.

If anyone gets weird just laugh it off, we let her out, we have some misgivings but of course we like her.
It's nothing like that at all.

What sort of sense would that even make?

So pretend to be mind controlled I can get behind. But I think we'd have to do some cooking before Cao would let us near that fucking bottle.

I think that the idea of Sam handling this alone is a little steep. I think the best we can do is stopping the others from waltzing into a trap

I concur with warning them. but we got to be the guy on the inside. when the others cause a ruckus to distract cao and other zombies - we snatch the bottle claiming we're hiding it if we're confronted?

Don't we have some Defender Intercom? or maybe we could use the radio in our uniform?
Although if that would work, the others would have just called us instead of scouring the island

Making her way out the front door, she is relieved to see the rest of the New Defenders walking up the beach towards the base. Sam sprints towards them and stops, panting like a madwoman. Kaito stops and looks down at her with a smile. "Sam! There you are."

"Kai... to!" she says. "There's... Sorceress... Succubus! Something!"

"Woah, woah, calm down. What's wrong?" he asks.

Sam catches her breath as Cassie and Jacqui walk up to give her a canteen. Sam drinks it and wastes no time. "I think there's an evil woman in there mind-controlling Cao, Takeda and Sheeva!"

Kaito's expression grows a bit more serious. "Are you sure about this?"

"It has to be true! I just told Sheeva about it and she was suspicious of her, so she went to go see what was up with Omegis, and---"

"Who's Omegis?" Jin asks.

"The woman! I freed her from a bottle and then she put Shang Tsung into the bottle and then Takeda and Cao and Fox showed up!"

Fox is here and nods. "It's true. That part of it, anyway."

"And now she's in there, all naked and stuff, getting a full-body massage from Sheeva when just a minute ago Sheeva went in there to kick her out!"

Kaito cups his chin in thought. "That IS strange... I've never gotten a full-body massage from Sheeva and I've known her much longer than this 'Omegis.' There must be something up with her."

Cassie shrugs. "So let's go kick her ass."

"But if you get too close, you might, I don't know, fall under her spell or something!" Sam says.

Jacqui is a bit skeptical. "Fox, are you under some kind of spell?"

"Well, I don't think so," he says. "But if I was, would I tell you?"

"Good point," Jacqui says. "But Sam isn't, because she's trying to call out the lady, right?" She looks at Sam. "So if she is putting people under her spell, why aren't you?"

"Well... I don't know," Sam says. "It might be because I let her out..."

"So all of this is your fault," Fireseed deadpans.

AFAIK no radio. So we gotta just warn them and lay down this plan and pray to the Blundergod.

"Let's not go around throwing blame," Kaito stops him. "We have a situation, so let's handle it. Let's send in half the team. I myself have a bit of experience dealing with mind control, so I think I'll take us in."

"But what if she just convinced Sheeva to give her a rubdown?" Jacqui asks.

"I think Sheeva has a bit more sense than that," Jin points out. "And I'll go with the team. Even if this lady is some goddess-given-flesh level of beauty, I won't be swayed."

"Why not?" Frost asks.

"Just trust me," Jin winks at her.

Kaito, Fireseed, Jin, Fox and Cassie begin to walk towards the base, leaving Sam, Jacqui, Frost, Tundra, Vapor and Ling behind.

Sam nervously bites her fingernail. 'What if this doesn't work?' she thinks to herself. 'What if they're just marching right into a trap?'

>Stop them!
>Let them go
>Come up with a plan with the remainder that are outside
>Stop them and tell them that you'll go inside alone
>Other

First justified criticism of the thread goes to Fireseed! woo!

>stop them and tell them that you'll go inside alone
We should make her some food.
Maybe drug it.
We're just doing as she asked, everybody else hang back. We'll cover everything else in a bit.

> Stop them go alone
> Tell them Plan:
I'll go in. You guys act like you're attacking then once they deal with you ill grab the bottle!

I need to sleep now. I expect Sam to be a big godamn hero when I wake up. Kung Jin may be our best asset here though.

>Come up with a plan with the remainder that are outside
>Other
Ask them how long you would have to wait to assume the worst?

Frost folds her arms and looks at Sam. "So, how big do you think you messed up this time?"

Ling brings her hand up to her mouth. "I sure hope they don't kick people off the team for mistakes like this..."

Tundra looks over. "Hey, I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding or something. And if it isn't, we can handle it---"

He stops talking when he notices Sam running to intercept the group going inside. She dashes in front of them. "Wait! Stop!"

"What now?" Fireseed grumbles.

"I don't think you should go inside!" she says. "You might get mind controlled!"

"I think we'll be alright, Sam," Cassie says.

"But maybe I should go inside! If I'm not under her spell, maybe I can be, like, the girl on the inside or something?"

Fireseed narrows his eyes and pushes past her, shoving her aside. "I've heard enough out of you. You had your time to give orders, now listen to Kaito and stay out here."

"Don't!" Sam says, but she feels Kaito's hand on her shoulder.

"It'll be alright," he assures her as Jin, Fox and Cassie walk by.

"Nobody trusts me," Sam says. "I know what I saw! They were all acting strange---ESPECIALLY Sheeva!"

Kaito looks on as they enter the base. "Sam, you remember what I told you before?"

She pauses. "Uh... Which thing?"

"That you might yet have a role to play in all of this? That there is a reason you were on this team?"

"...Yes, I remember," she whispers.

"Well, if something does go wrong... I think you'll know what to do," he tells her. He then walks towards the main entrance.

Slowly, Sam makes her way back to the others, all the while unsure of what's going to happen. She looks back at the base while everyone else waits impatiently. Sam is nervous; the team captain and some of its hardest hitters just went in there, all because none of them believed her! This is a terrible situation to be in.

Frost gives her an incredulous look when she returns. "I take it nobody wanted to listen?"

"No reason for them to," Sam mutters. Frost doesn't really hear her, but Ling pulls her off to the side to chat amongst themselves. Tundra walks up to Sam.

"Is everything alright?" he asks.

She looks back at the doors. "I don't know..."

Several minutes later, the main door opens back up and Kaito walks out. He waves out at them. "Hey! Come on! There's nothing wrong. It was a misunderstanding."

He begins to walk towards them, but Sam can't be sure... Is he lying? Is he telling the truth?

What if what Sam saw earlier really was just her completely misunderstanding the situation?

What if Kaito is, right now, under mind control?

>Go with them inside
>Tell them to wait out here while you go check it out
>Go inside as a group
>Run off into the jungle!
>Other

>Other
>"So what happened?"
If it's "just a misunderstanding" he can explain it here and now.

>Other
That was quick
Care to explain?
>[paranoia intensifies]

This

Kaito walks up to the group. He gives Sam a smile. "Sam, I know what you're thinking, I do. But just listen."

"Yes, please," Sam says. "I'd like to hear. If it's a misunderstanding, explain it!"

"Calm yourself," he gently urges her. "Sheeva hates sorceresses, but Omegis isn't a sorceress. She's a potionmaker."

"She said she knows a bit of magic," Sam protests.

"Well, so does Sheeva, and so do I. A lot of us know a 'bit' of magic with our powers, but that doesn't make us soul-sucking enslaving sorcerers or sorceresses."

Tundra holds up a hand. "Now, just wait a moment Kaito. I can't help but be a bit skeptical myself. Sheeva was just giving Omegis a massage moments after meeting her?"

"I know how it sounds," Kaito chuckles. "But really, she's a very nice woman." He looks at Sam, whose expression doesn't change. "I know you still have your doubts; this comes back to the Shang Tsung, issue, right? Well, I spoke to her about it, and I agree with you Sam. I don't think he should be in the bottle."

"So what are you going to do about it?" she asks him, hoping that what he is saying is true.

"She just has a few... issues with him. As someone with some romance-related issues in my life, I can relate a bit to someone who wants to do ill to someone they once loved, since I myself have been on the receiving end of that kind of thing."

"That's not really relating..." Sam points out.

Kaito shakes his head. "It's all relative. The point is that I feel Omegis means us no harm. As for Cao and Takeda's strange behavior, well... They're just trying to impress her. I had a chat with them."

"Is anyone else in there acting strange?" Frost asks. "Jin? Fireseed?"

"They're not waiting on her hand and foot," Kaito says. "Trust me, Sam, I think you were just reading a bit too deeply into things."

"Let's go inside," Ling suggests.

Sam averts her eyes and looks up at Tundra, who isn't very certain himself, but seems willing to believe Kaito. Frost, Ling and Jacqui begin to walk with him back towards the base.

'Am I just going crazy?' Sam thinks as she and Tundra follow along. 'I'm still not sure if I can just believe it...'

Up ahead, she hears Frost whispering to Ling, "I bet she's just jealous," to which Ling giggles.

'Is that it?' Sam ponders. 'Jealous?'

>Go inside and spend time with the group; carefully observe them
>Go inside but grab Tundra and pull him off to the side and hide him
>Go inside and make a meal for Omegis
>Don't go inside
>Other

>>Go inside and make a meal for Omegis
I guess we can start cooking. But as we do keep an eye on everyone

>>Go inside but grab Tundra and pull him off to the side and hide him

You're just totally cool with someone who used to date soul-sucking sorcerers then?
DURING the most soul sucking?
That doesn't cast the slightest shadow of doubt on her just being "just a nice person" Kaito?

>Cook a meal, drug the food
Double check

I'll need a tie breaker.

and
>Play along with the fact that it was a misunderstanding
Make a play for the bottle when nobody is looking

Though still uncertain, Sam goes inside with the others and enters the rec room. There, the sofas have been repositioned somewhat to their original placement. Omegis sits on one of the couches, now wearing a bright red swimsuit and laughing. As they enter the room, Sam looks and sees Takeda telling another joke.

The first thing she notices is that her posessions are back with her. The bag of potions is at her feet, and with it, the bottle containing Shang Tsung.

Everyone else is spread around the room, casual and relaxed, as Omegis welcomes the others inside. She goes up to each of them personally to greet them for the first time, learning their names. When she reaches Sam, she smiles and pulls the girl in for a hug, squishing her head against a breast before pulling back and returning to her seat.

Sam slowly moves to a chair and sits down. She observes everyone in the room as Omegis talks about herself.

"Let me tell you, Shang Tsung fancied himself a great warrior, but all those souls still didn't amount to an ounce of experience where it counts," she laughs. "Not to mention that soul-stealing doesn't add anything to your height... or length."

Most of the room laughs uproariously at that. Omegis calms down after her last fit of laughter and continues, "Nothing about him was all-mighty and powerful, certainly not his fashion sense."

As she continues to dig into the man she has entrapped in a magic bottle, Sam watches everyone's reactions. Takeda especially seems to be trying to get her attention, laughing at all of her jabs at Tsung, but everything seems strangely... normal. Omegis is just a stranger and a guest and people are getting along with her.

Was all of this just in her mind?

"I am STARVING!" Omegis finally declares.

"I'll take you to the mess hall!" Takeda is quick to offer.

Omegis smiles. "Thank you, but no thank you. I was promised a personal meal! Isn't that right, Sam?"

Kaito nods. "We should probably get back to relaxing, we've got a bit of a day tomorrow."

"What's tomorrow?" Sam asks, trying to sound normal.

"Johnny is coming back with Secretary Blake, Sonya and Jax," he explains.

"I can't wait to meet them as well!" Omegis says as she stands up.

Sam's eyes widen. What if there really IS something going on? What if Omegis gets control over the Secretary of Defense? What from there?

The President of the United States?

Sam looks around the room. 'What if everyone in this room is mind controlled... and doesn't even know it? But what if they aren't?'

This entire situation is making her doubt and redoubt herself over and over and over again...

>Cook Omegis a meal
>Talk to Kaito
>Talk to Tundra
>Talk to Cassie
>Other

>Cook Omegis a meal
add drugs

>Cook Omegis a meal
Maybe it's time to show a little hospitality. or at least fulfill hastily made promises.

Plus we'll need to trust the others juuust a little bit. I mean team and all, right?

>>Cook Omegis a meal
Sam, remember the first rule of Shang Tsung training and the infiltration mission.
Pretend to get in close to her. Cook her a nice meal, get her nice. Then offer to carry her bag up to her room or something.

>>Cook Omegis a meal

'I should try cooking her something,' Sam thinks. 'If I can stay in her good graces, she might just overlook me if she really IS up to something...'

Omegis follows Sam to the mess hall, where Sam goes into the kitchen. She has all sorts of options on what to make for a meal here...

>What kind of meal should we make for Omegis?

Something simple but still elegant, maybe a nice steak with some sliced potatoes and a small salad.

And red wine

how good is Sam with cooking?
does Omegis have any preference? Could we even make something that was consumed 500 years ago? What ingredients we got? I she a vegetarian? Is she allergic to anything?

As fancy and respectable as can be made in a Military base.

Sam has a +10 on all rolls for cooking, so let's have some 1d100s for her.

I think we should make fries instead. I'm pretty sure she never had any of those.

Rolled 23 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

cmon lucky day

Rolled 37 (1d100)

pudding for dessert
pudding for all?

Rolled 46 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Rolling to save

Rolled 83 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

I honestly don't think this should even be a roll.

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Boom shakalaka, I still got it

Rolled 12 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

Christ

Rolled 46 (1d100)

Don't mind me

It starts out a bit roughly. Sam scrambles to find good ingredients in the bare-bones kitchen, but after searching the fridges from top to bottom, she thinks she could make a good steak, perhaps with some potatoes and a red wine. She gets everything ready; though her resources are scarce, she is adaptable.

Things pick up once she gets going. With the steak cooking and the potatoes sliced and ready to go, she begins the process of crafting a meal. She also searches for some seasonings and finds them.

Outside, in the mess hall, she can hear Omegis flirting with Takeda, Cao and it sounds like someone else, but she can't be sure who it is. They're hovering around this woman like ducklings following their mother... Sam has to get to the bottom of this.

After thirty minutes, she's all done. The meal is flawless in every way, properly seasoned and tastefully arranged. Sam is no master chef, but she's damn good with what she can work with.

Once this is done, she walks out towards the table with the food on a tray.

...Not noticing the puddle of water in front of the door. Sam slips on it and falls backwards. The men (and to Sam's utter dismay, it turns out that Tundra is the third man sitting at the table with Omegis) are to wrapped up in speaking with her and listening to her to see Sam's fumble in time.

The wine glass hits the ground and breaks, the potatoes go everywhere, and the steak lands on Sam's chest. All of them turn and look at her before Takeda bursts out laughing.

Omegis silences him with a light slap on his hand. He stops as she gets up and helps Sam put the steak back onto the tray.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see the---" she begins.

Omegis silences her. "Now, now, that's fine. I can still eat the meat."

"No, no, don't do that," Takeda says. "We can make you something new and we won't screw it up like clumsy here."

"It's fine," Omegis insists. "I'll just need a new drink."

"I got it!" The men all scramble towards the kitchen, leaving Sam alone with Omegis for a moment as she sits back down and prepares to eat the steak.

"This looks wonderful, Sam," Omegis says.

Sam realizes that she is alone with Omegis and the bag with her possessions is nearby. She doesn't think she could steal it and get away, but if she had enough time to grab it and free Shang Tsung... That is, if she should risk it at all.

And Tundra... is he under her spell now, too?

>Talk to Omegis
>Demand to know what she is doing!
>Leave and find someone else to talk to while she is here eating
>Grab the bag and make a break for it!
>Other

Did you really have to use the damn 12?

sigh

>>Talk to Omegis

>Talk to Omegis
no reason to move yet, she's done nothing so far.

But for the record I must point out; just because she doesn't seem to directly brainwash everyone, that doesn't mean she is to be trusted right away.

Hey come on, it was funny.

On that note, however, I think I'm off to bed for the night.

I'll resume in the morning with Sam's adventure! How are you enjoying it so far? I've been having a blast writing this one so far.

I'll be in touch on twitter and discord, as in the OP.

>Talk to her
She did say she owes us.
Call it in to see if she'll level with us?
We know she was dating Shang during his "Great and Powerful" phase.
So let's get her take on her.

Failing that...she may have hidden the bottle already.
Might be worth a shot though.

I don't really enjoy seeing someone so put down continue to be put down.

But whatever man

Don't worry, user. It's all building to something for a reason, just trust me.

yep suuuuuuure

Its about potential, yeah, so she gotta hit rock bottom before she can start climbing. A whole darkest before dawn type story arc.

There was too much bumbling and not enough drama for that, but technically yes; you have to start from somewhere if an "average" human wants to play superhero

At this point?
[/spoiler]is it building to Sam's death and everyone having a giggle about her thinking she could make it before forgetting to tell her dad? Because man this is rough to watch
I mean joke character stuff aside.
Just, man this is painful.

I am way too drunk to post apparently.
Night

>I mean joke character stuff aside.

Sam is NOT a joke character. She's perhaps the most straight-laced character we have ever played.

and that her dad will probably think about one thing when he hears about her death
"Hmm, maybe I should to make another. Maybe this time it will be a boy"

Damashi is definetly playing her up as a joke character.

It's evident in the tone of her bumblings and the "It was funny"

I don't find it particularly funny honestly.